Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: October 12, 2022 17:14

I know it's highly unlikely that our Rolling Stones play in Europe/UK again next summer but I found out last night that Twickenham Stadium has two concert shows booked for 3rd and 4th June with no name currently linked so could it be them? Could it be the Stones?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 12, 2022 17:22

Not back-to-back nights. That ship sailed.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 13, 2022 06:06

Europe is finished in my view. It’s either 0z or N America. Yes here we go again.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2022 06:19

Travman87
I know it's highly unlikely that our Rolling Stones play in Europe/UK again next summer but I found out last night that Twickenham Stadium has two concert shows booked for 3rd and 4th June with no name currently linked so could it be them? Could it be the Stones?

It could be U2, it could be Bruce, it could be a lotta people.

Well maybe not a lot.

Date: October 13, 2022 08:47

Bruce no longer does back-to-back nights either. He has at least one day off between his 2023 shows.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 13, 2022 09:13

treaclefingers
Travman87

It could be U2, it could be Bruce, it could be a lotta people.

Well maybe not a lot.
It could also be Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran winking smiley

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: October 13, 2022 11:50

Two shows in two days? No Stones then.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: October 13, 2022 21:32

AntoineParis
pftw04
I personally feel that ROLLING STONES will not be touring next year. As Mick Jagger will be turning 80. And I cannot think or imagine that Mick Jagger will be dancing around the stage at 80. That will be too much to ask from the front man.Also Keith Richards will be 79. So considering there age I feel 2022 maybe there last.

They will tour but only in Europe (June / July) with final gigs in Wembley Stadium

I hope not. As historic as the site of Wembley (arena and stadium) has been to the Stones—1968, 1973, 1982, 1990, 1995, 1999 and 2003—the fact is the new Wembley Stadium is one of the worst places in the world for a concert.

It’s not that the acoustics and sound are bad.

It’s that the acoustics and sounds are SO BAD, it makes the old Pontiac Silverdome sound like Red Rocks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-13 21:55 by stevecardi.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 13, 2022 21:49

Oriongalaxy
a bigger nut
artedm
maybe Japan National Stadium in Tokyo
[en.wikipedia.org]

Still to cold March and April.
No one ever had any outdoor music event in these month in Tokyo.

Are you living in Tokyo by any chance? Or how many times have you visited there in Spring? It's not cold at all jut to your knowledge.

However, they are not going to play in Asia...

hello ... is it your thought or certain news? you look so sure ..

Date: October 13, 2022 21:56

AntoineParis
pftw04
I personally feel that ROLLING STONES will not be touring next year. As Mick Jagger will be turning 80. And I cannot think or imagine that Mick Jagger will be dancing around the stage at 80. That will be too much to ask from the front man.Also Keith Richards will be 79. So considering there age I feel 2022 maybe there last.

They will tour but only in Europe (June / July) with final gigs in Wembley Stadium[/quote

hello ... even here I read thoughts or certainty? which source?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 14, 2022 03:58

Oriongalaxy and AntoineParis are two forum members who behave like having access to insider information on the Stones’ next move. They both post here with a strong conviction that the group will tour nowhere but Europe next summer. Whether it will turn out to be true remains to be seen.

Date: October 14, 2022 19:00

RisingStone
Oriongalaxy and AntoineParis are two forum members who behave like having access to insider information on the Stones’ next move. They both post here with a strong conviction that the group will tour nowhere but Europe next summer. Whether it will turn out to be true remains to be seen.

true ... but BV that I respect and is a right correct person who writes with the conditional verb when the announcement obviously for various reasons must remain "hidden" ... and writes certainties when he can and must do it for us .... Orion & Co. throw the stone and hide their hand .. other times here on the forum, if you have breath, give the air to the trumpets ... otherwise shut up!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 14, 2022 22:46

RisingStone

I have a hard time believing any tour predictions that have a "final" show attached to them. Especially with the possibility of new music being released "soon".

Date: October 14, 2022 23:15

No, but a tour/leg/mini-tour has to end somewhere, right? Even if they won't say it would be the last show ever, it would be the last show of said leg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-14 23:16 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 14, 2022 23:21

Topi
No, but a tour/leg/mini-tour has to end somewhere, right? Even if they won't say it would be the last show ever, it would be the last show of said leg?

Not if, heaven forbid, Mick or Keith died before the end of the tour, or something else catastrophic happened.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 14, 2022 23:25

Topi

To me it looks like the Stones always choose places with no special meaning as a last show since at least 2014. If they would end a tour with two shows at Wembley like Antoine is saying this would mean something different. He seems to be convinced this will be their last tour. I think that's where BeastyBurdeny is referring to.

Date: October 15, 2022 01:51

Topi

Sure, I agree with you there--if we are talking about semantics.

I'm referring to this statement from AntoineParis, which to me says they are sharing their wishful thinking rather than insider information (which is fine, there's nothing wrong with that):

"European Tour this summer with final London Shows. That's all. Just that. No more gigs after that."

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 15, 2022 01:57

BeastyB, what about that statement leads you to believe it is wishful thinking rather than inside info?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 15, 2022 04:10

angee
BeastyB, what about that statement leads you to believe it is wishful thinking rather than inside info?

I said it in my previous post, but the fact that they claim the stones have a "final" show planned for the next leg of the tour. Doesn't really make sense with the prospect of new Stones music on the "horizon".

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: October 15, 2022 06:08

Oriongalaxy
a bigger nut
artedm
maybe Japan National Stadium in Tokyo
[en.wikipedia.org]

Still to cold March and April.
No one ever had any outdoor music event in these month in Tokyo.

Are you living in Tokyo by any chance? Or how many times have you visited there in Spring? It's not cold at all jut to your knowledge.

However, they are not going to play in Asia...

I am living in Katsushika, Tokyo. Very downtown area.
National stadium show in March/April is hard to believe.
Must be shitty Tokyo Dome as usual.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 15, 2022 06:23

BeastyBurdeny
angee

I said it in my previous post, but the fact that they claim the stones have a "final" show planned for the next leg of the tour. Doesn't really make sense with the prospect of new Stones music on the "horizon".

Okay, thanks. I guess I would go back to what Topi said above, on what they might mean by "final," end of the leg, or end, period.

If anyone posting here really has some concrete info, I don't know that it is stated totally clearly.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 15, 2022 07:52

I personally don't think the Stones themselves will ever announce a "final"/"last" show. Not even if they fully knew/planned that it would be their last one.

(Whether AntoineParis has solid info on 2023 Wembley being the last time ever, I have no way of knowing - but I don't believe the band is ever going to say that "this is is it".)

And new music or not, of course the elephant in the room is their age. The principals are, for all intents and purposes, 80.

This can only go on for so long. Big reason those end-of-the-leg shows are sought after tickets among fans. Because you never know.

Just hard to see them doing this past 80 in the year 2024 but believe me, I would love to be wrong on that.

Anyways, really interesting to see what happens next year, because what I have been hearing is that USA might not be out of the question either...

A new album might also mean new visuals/name for the tour, right?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-15 15:30 by Topi.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: October 15, 2022 12:29

Orion & Co. repeats - there is contract signed and agreed for second leg of European tour, so relax and keep your fingers crossed fir the boys to stay fit and healthy. That's it. All your discussions regarding any other places for touring are useless.

Have a good one....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 15, 2022 14:30

We all know that there final show will come one day soon. Like others, I am sure, I do hope they don’t announce it as being as such. Even if, in their hearts, they know it will be. I honestly don’t think they should announce any kind of definitive ending to recording-touring until something happens that’ll signify a definite and forced halt to any kind of present-day activity. It’ll be nice, and appropriate, if they keep the door half ajar until that time.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 15, 2022 15:45

Big Al

We all know that there final show will come one day soon.

And then it'll probably end like in 1982 or 2007 .... with the difference that there'll be no 1989 or 2012.

Date: October 15, 2022 16:37

Oriongalaxy
Orion & Co. repeats - there is contract signed and agreed for second leg of European tour, so relax and keep your fingers crossed fir the boys to stay fit and healthy. That's it. All your discussions regarding any other places for touring are useless.

Have a good one....

.. did you hear people !? .. let's get ready because they already have signed contracts for Europe 2023 ..
hahahahahaha
blow up the trumpets if you have courage Orion & Co .... what you are saying is not enough, take courage and spit ...
from which pulpit all this comes..

Date: October 15, 2022 16:43

"Blow up the trumpets"? That's very biblical!

Date: October 15, 2022 16:51

Topi
"Blow up the trumpets"? That's very biblical!
Hahahaha ..is an Italian saying that means "to say everything you know until the end"

Date: October 15, 2022 16:52

D'accordo smiling smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 15, 2022 17:35

stones2
Oriongalaxy

Have a good one....

.. did you hear people !? .. let's get ready because they already have signed contracts for Europe 2023 ..
hahahahahaha
blow up the trumpets if you have courage Orion & Co .... what you are saying is not enough, take courage and spit ...
from which pulpit all this comes..

If I was just another wishful-thinker, I wouldn’t post a comment with such a strong, definite conviction as Orion did, because if my information fails, I am destined to be the laughing stock from other forum members for certain.

One clue is whether we will get the announcement of Japan/Oz/NZ tour relatively soon, sometime between November (earliest) and January (latest). If we do, it will be unlikely the Stones embark on another tour in summer, Europe or elsewhere.

I just keep waiting and see…

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home