Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2022 07:11

ukcal
Kinda reversing the age thing, maybe they do two two small tours next year because of age, ie in 2024 mick would be approaching 81 and keef would be 80

Kinda Tucker Carlson the ass of reality - really? Approaching?

July vs December?

BOTH turning 81 regardless. Keith is younger for just under 5 months? THAT'S your logic?

The dawn of age is upon them.

They may say one thing, reality is another.

Keith will probably spend his remaining years saying what guitars go where if he hasn't decided already. Mick has 7 kids or whatever to leave whatever to. Ronnie... ha ha.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 22, 2022 08:24

The Europe 60 Tour was unexpected fantastic. I was in Munich and followed the the other shows on the web. We Sto es fans are so lucky! It's uncertan, what will happen in rhe future. If this Tour was their farewell, they have every reason to be very proud. Let's relax and enjoy.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 22, 2022 09:47

Hairball

Meanwhile, I would hope for at least another Hits package ala GRRR and/or more oldies from the vaults...lots of great vintage material still waiting to be unleashed on the fans.

You hope for yet another hits package? Any particular reason?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 22, 2022 11:26

Topi
Hairball

Meanwhile, I would hope for at least another Hits package ala GRRR and/or more oldies from the vaults...lots of great vintage material still waiting to be unleashed on the fans.

maybe we'll get another honk! live or a couple new tracks

better then nothing

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 22, 2022 11:37

micha063
The Europe 60 Tour was unexpected fantastic. I was in Munich and followed the the other shows on the web. We Sto es fans are so lucky! It's uncertan, what will happen in rhe future. If this Tour was their farewell, they have every reason to be very proud. Let's relax and enjoy.

thumbs up

That's a sentiment which should remain in mind despite all our hopes, fears and bored speculation about what might come next.

It's all fun of course...but they have nothing to prove to anybody and anything left to come is a bonus.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 22, 2022 12:06

I think it's time for a new classic Live Album! No Filter Live! Best versions from different shows in order of a typical setlist with some rarities thrown in. That would be fantastic. Dedicated to the great Charlie Watts.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 22, 2022 12:09

hockenheim95
I think it's time for a new classic Live Album! No Filter Live! Best versions from different shows in order of a typical setlist with some rarities thrown in. That would be fantastic. Dedicated to the great Charlie Watts.

we have already the Honk bonus disc…

Date: September 22, 2022 13:03

Only from the europe leg you could make a great album

CYHMK
Rocks off
All down the Line
Fool to Cry
Out of Time
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sad Sad Sad
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
Get Off my Cloud
Ghost Town
She's a Rainbow
Sweet Virginia
Bitch
Out of Control
I Wanna be Your Man

Although would def want a Full Paris, Brussel or Berlin release.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2022 13:35

ProfessorWolf
Topi
Hairball

maybe we'll get another honk! live or a couple new tracks

better then nothing

Yes - GRRR had a couple of new tracks, as did Forty Licks, and while not anywhere near the greatest tracks of their catalogue, they were new.
And yes - HONK included the live tracks on the bonus disc...not the greatest versions, but they were a welcome addition to the standard hits package.
Ultimately, anything would better than nothing, and probably the most we could hope for in lieu of an entire new album of new material which they may never finish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-22 13:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 22, 2022 13:44

slewan
hockenheim95

Remember, anything left to come is a bonus!

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: September 26, 2022 14:30

I have felt that way the last two tours. How lucky are e to see The Stones live in concert, playing well and having fun in 2022? I hope I can catch another tour. If not the ride has been way longer and way better than I could have ever thought or expected!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 26, 2022 17:28

bradleycsocal
I have felt that way the last two tours. How lucky are e to see The Stones live in concert, playing well and having fun in 2022? I hope I can catch another tour. If not the ride has been way longer and way better than I could have ever thought or expected!!!

I recall 2012 and the 50th Anniversary and several of us speculating right on this board what the next several years would look like in terms of touring. I think the consensus was they'd just keep 'rolling' with short tours which is exactly what happened, and that there'd be an album of new material just around the corner which of course a decade later still hasn't happened.

Looking forward to them possibly doing a Vancouver 'make up' gig!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 26, 2022 20:47

treaclefingers
bradleycsocal

I recall 2012 and the 50th Anniversary and several of us speculating right on this board what the next several years would look like in terms of touring. I think the consensus was they'd just keep 'rolling' with short tours which is exactly what happened, and that there'd be an album of new material just around the corner which of course a decade later still hasn't happened.

Amen to that makeup gig smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 27, 2022 00:54

treaclefingers

Never giving up hope for this possibility smileys with beer

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 27, 2022 04:15

Let's add San Diego, Cleveland, Buffalo and Louisville to the make-up wish list... all of which I had tix for!! Maybe it's me...smoking smiley

I'm just happy they're still rollin'!

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 27, 2022 16:42

Topi
slewan
hockenheim95

thumbs up

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 28, 2022 12:06

Whatever happens, future performance-wise, I hope it is because The Stones WANT it to happen. And not because the band is leveraged against some kind of projected future earning, or tied into an unbreakable contract to play until they drop!

Why do I fear this? Simply that, because of The Stones enormous commercial and financial appeal, some faceless financial operation we never heard of has managed to insinuate itself into their business dealings, and has some degree of control over what they can and can't do.

I may be way off the mark here. And I certainly hope I am. However meddling in the affairs of performers and bands, and 'owning' some of their overall operation, has been a feature of the music business since its formation. Nevertheless, set against it is the astute business brain of Mick Jagger, who is, to all intents and purposes, Chief Executive of Rolling Stones PLC.

In Mick we trust!

Date: September 29, 2022 06:19

GerardHennessy
Whatever happens, future performance-wise, I hope it is because The Stones WANT it to happen. And not because the band is leveraged against some kind of projected future earning, or tied into an unbreakable contract to play until they drop!

Why do I fear this? Simply that, because of The Stones enormous commercial and financial appeal, some faceless financial operation we never heard of has managed to insinuate itself into their business dealings, and has some degree of control over what they can and can't do.

I may be way off the mark here. And I certainly hope I am. However meddling in the affairs of performers and bands, and 'owning' some of their overall operation, has been a feature of the music business since its formation. Nevertheless, set against it is the astute business brain of Mick Jagger, who is, to all intents and purposes, Chief Executive of Rolling Stones PLC.

In Mick we trust!

The Rolling Stones and Universal have nothing to do with live future performances (only anything recorded).

That is strictly - STUHHHHRICTLEEEEE - up to Mick and Keith agreeing.

They both know they don't need to tour for personal financial reasons other than a giggle.

Could they have retired happily ever after in 1990?

Not just on what was going on.

So they do what they do and get X amount for it guaranteed.

That's just good business.

Mick may not specifically care if they don't sell $5 million in t-shirts on a 14 date tour... but we will know about it. Etc.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 29, 2022 23:20

Topi
slewan
hockenheim95

If it is like the HONK bonus CD - then bring it on! Can't wait for more.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 30, 2022 07:52

schwonek
Topi
slewan
hockenheim95

If it is like the HONK bonus CD - then bring it on! Can't wait for more.

yeah, I enjoyed that and would be happy to have more.

plexi

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 30, 2022 10:48

GerardHennessy

In Mick we trust!

I’d like to see the suit that could pull one over on Mick Jagger.he was doing this shit when these clowns were in diapers.
People have no idea how much this guy has seen and done in the music business.
One of my favorite laughs is the narrative that Rick Rubin whipped Mick into shape to make Wandering Spirit.
Rick Rubin produced an eye roll from Jagger.I have to paraphrase but he said something like “ Rick has all these ideas how records used to be made, I tell him he’s wrong,I know because I was there”.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 2, 2022 15:21

everything to come will be a bonus ... I have seen 23 concerts since 1990, all in the front row on the Keith side, I am 52 years old .. I can count myself lucky, I believe the future is that if they have health and good offers they will continue to roll. ..wherever, I believe there is no announcement of the band of the end ... keep on rolling ....

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 2, 2022 20:52

Good morning
Do you think any type of benefit for
South West Florida..
Was jamming to tampa 21 great night
I know Mr jagger has a house over there..

Date: October 3, 2022 05:28

kkhoranstoned
Good morning
South West Florida..

Highly unlikely. They're not active. Ian will be forgotten in another week just like Mexico Beach.

It's not New Orleans or Manhattan.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 4, 2022 07:48

GasLightStreet
kkhoranstoned
Good morning
South West Florida..

Highly unlikely. They're not active. Ian will be forgotten in another week just like Mexico Beach.

It's not New Orleans or Manhattan.

Unfortunately, I think that is true of most natural disasters and mass shootings (in the US). There are too many to remain big news for long. They have become part of the fabric of our lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-04 07:49 by drbryant.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 4, 2022 08:07

It feels strange. After Charlie split, it's like many fans are afraid for them to stop touring for any length of time, fearing the end. I wish them the best, and the fans who still want to see them.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 5, 2022 13:34

We will know next year if they tour. Maybe Canada. or Oz who knows. Can’t see Europe again. Time will tell but isn’t on their side.

Date: October 6, 2022 06:50

24FPS
It feels strange. After Charlie split, it's like many fans are afraid for them to stop touring for any length of time, fearing the end. I wish them the best, and the fans who still want to see them.

Well, there is reality to consider - they're @#$%& old! And they're only getting older!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 7, 2022 15:57

I’m one who’s long thought, HOPED, going on past experience, that they would be in Australia in Feb/Mar 2023. But surely that would have been announced and, in fact, on sale by now? It’s only 4-5 months away after all. I’ve now given up hope.

Rod

Rod

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:06

bitusa2012
I’m one who’s long thought, HOPED, going on past experience, that they would be in Australia in Feb/Mar 2023. But surely that would have been announced and, in fact, on sale by now? It’s only 4-5 months away after all. I’ve now given up hope.

Rod

European Tour was announced two and and a half months before the first show. I don't think an Australien tour would be announced before November. In 2013 they announced it early December.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home