Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 19, 2022 16:06

slewan
AntoineParis
European Tour this summer with final London Shows. That's all. Just that. No more gigs after that.

makes sense. But I guess you mean next summer

Yes next summer, excuse my french winking smiley

Date: September 19, 2022 16:23

RisingStone
AntoineParis
European Tour this summer with final London Shows. That's all. Just that. No more gigs after that.

AntoineParis, I have a question. You often behave like a bearer of insider information. I don’t necessarily doubt the authenticity of the information you bring along on this board and I refer to that with interest, for which I thank you.

On the other hand, back in March you posted the following comment regarding a possible additional show between the two Hyde Park dates:

AntoineParis
Re: RAH gig
Date: March 20, 2022 12:21

A gig between hyde park gigs ? Sure

RAH ? Sure no, another place in London

Obviously this didn’t materialize. Can you please elaborate on the matter for us?

I was also totally sure about Brown Sugar play as an encore in Berlin so you see smiling smiley
In march it was sure that the Stones wants to make a special event (29th june) in a smaller place than the RAH filmed by a BBC crew for a diffusion in July. But they gave up because of Mick's Covid and assurance trouble.

Sometimes plans can change !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 16:24 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 19, 2022 16:33

Some rumors about that small venue started circling around in late February/early March. Back then I did not want to be the person posting them. And as AntoineParis says, the plans didn't materialize in the end anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 16:34 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 19, 2022 16:34

Doxa
slewan

but they lowered the price for pit by nearly 300 Euros – which may explain at least a part of the diffence

If you mean that by comparison to 2017, it could be that they had difficulties in selling those then, so they needed to reduce the price (and there were a lot of very lucky lucky dippers in 2017 grinning smiley). But how much the pit section actually matters financially in a stadium of, say, 70 000 capacity, is another thing.

- Doxa

well, 3000x300 is 900.000…

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 19, 2022 16:57

AntoineParis
RisingStone
AntoineParis

AntoineParis, I have a question. You often behave like a bearer of insider information. I don’t necessarily doubt the authenticity of the information you bring along on this board and I refer to that with interest, for which I thank you.

On the other hand, back in March you posted the following comment regarding a possible additional show between the two Hyde Park dates:

AntoineParis

Obviously this didn’t materialize. Can you please elaborate on the matter for us?

I was also totally sure about Brown Sugar play as an encore in Berlin so you see smiling smiley
In march it was sure that the Stones wants to make a special event (29th june) in a smaller place than the RAH filmed by a BBC crew for a diffusion in July. But they gave up because of Mick's Covid and assurance trouble.

Thank you for the explanation, AntoineParis.

At Matt Lee’s gallery, Matt and Topi (hello) told me an aborted plan of the Stones playing at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm, North London. That must be it.

The Rolling Stones at the Roundhouse, first time since March 1971 — a great, missed opportunity.

I still hope they will play at the Royal Albert Hall next year, even though it would be “out of time” for the venue’s 150th or the group’s 60th anniversary!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 17:04 by RisingStone.

Date: September 19, 2022 17:25

RisingStone
AntoineParis
RisingStone
AntoineParis

AntoineParis

At Matt Lee’s gallery, Matt and Topi (hello) told me an aborted plan of the Stones playing at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm, North London. That must be it.

The Rolling Stones at the Roundhouse, first time since March 1971 — a great, missed opportunity.

I still hope they will play at the Royal Albert Hall next year, even though it would be “out of time” for the venue’s 150th or the group’s 60th anniversary!

2023 is the real sixty anniversary ! (First show with Charlie / First single

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 19, 2022 17:33

AntoineParis
RisingStone
AntoineParis
RisingStone
AntoineParis

AntoineParis

2023 is the real sixty anniversary ! (First show with Charlie / First single

Also the "real" celebration of their 50th anniversary were the Hyde Park gigs in 2013 which were filmed.

Date: September 19, 2022 17:58

And in 2025 we can celebrate 60 years of Satisfaction! Something for everybody!

Date: September 19, 2022 18:32

See you there Topi! Best tour ever.

Date: September 19, 2022 23:15

Insiders hardly post here, probably with the exception of BV.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 20, 2022 03:53

AntoineParis
24FPS
AntoineParis

Always the European tour with final London shows. I don't think there will ever be a final tour. Either Mick or Keith would have to pass away. Would Charlie have liked his last concert to have been at a Hard Rock in Miami? We'll never know.

I'm not speaking about an official "Final Tour". It's just the way they're gonna closed the stadium circus era.
We will see... winking smiley

ok so are you saying that they don't plan on ending there performance careers after next summers tour?

and if it's not the "final tour" but just the end of the stadium tour era that began in 81 or 89 does that mean they intend to return to performing like they did in the 70's in primarily smaller venues like theatres and arenas?

or are they going to do residencys in major city's in the future?

or is the live future of the band very much up in the air at the moment?

sorry for all the questions but i'm just dying for some more clarificationsmiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2022 04:10

ProfessorWolf
AntoineParis
24FPS
AntoineParis

Always the European tour with final London shows. I don't think there will ever be a final tour. Either Mick or Keith would have to pass away. Would Charlie have liked his last concert to have been at a Hard Rock in Miami? We'll never know.

I'm not speaking about an official "Final Tour". It's just the way they're gonna closed the stadium circus era.

ok so are you saying that they don't plan on ending there performance careers after next summers tour?

and if it's not the "final tour" but just the end of the stadium tour era that began in 81 or 89 does that mean they intend to return to performing like they did in the 70's in primarily smaller venues like theatres and arenas?

sorry for all the questions but i'm just dying for some more clarificationsmiling smiley

It seems apparent, strictly based on what's been said about summer of 2023 being it for The Rolling Stones as a touring act, that future live performances will come from the vault.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 20, 2022 04:33

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
AntoineParis
24FPS
AntoineParis

It seems apparent, strictly based on what's been said about summer of 2023 being it for The Rolling Stones as a touring act, that future live performances will come from the vault.

yeah i get that but antoine's above post seems to indicate that it's just the end of there stadium tours and not them as live performing band

i'm of the opinion that short of a official announcement mick and keith will continue performing until one of them dies

just maybe not always in stadiums

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: September 21, 2022 02:36

Heard it from a friend who.....heard it from a friend who.....heard

The Stones are possibly looking into Australia or South America for early spring.

They will be back in the US next summer and New York-New Jersey is on the initial list.

Date: September 21, 2022 03:07

That would be interesting. If they'll tour spring and summer i think they will do a scenario like this
7-8 Dates Spring in Australia or South America then another 7-8 Dates in USA in Summer/fall 2023 thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2022 03:14

In all honesty, I don’t think they tour more than once a year anymore...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2022 03:44

South America in the early Spring 2023, followed by North America in Summer/Fall 2023 with the arrival of the new album - or at least a new song (hopefully).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 21, 2022 04:37

MisterO
Heard it from a friend who.....heard it from a friend who.....heard

The Stones are possibly looking into Australia or South America for early spring.

They will be back in the US next summer and New York-New Jersey is on the initial list.

Yes, please! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 21, 2022 05:03

Hairball
South America in the early Spring 2023, followed by North America in Summer/Fall 2023 with the arrival of the new album - or at least a new song (hopefully).

That would be amazing!! thumbs upcool smiley

Date: September 21, 2022 07:04

RisingStone

Agreed.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 21, 2022 12:44

RisingStone

Then it’s going to be Australia/NZ/Japan for 2023 then… :-)

Rod

Date: September 21, 2022 15:51

RisingStone

My guess is that they want to play on early spring to play few more shows later in the year, like they did it in 2014 and 2016

Date: September 21, 2022 16:14

DiegoGlimmerStones
RisingStone

My guess is that they want to play on early spring to play few more shows later in the year, like they did it in 2014 and 2016

Looking back from the year 2023, 2014 is 9 years ago and 2016 is 7 years ago. 2017 onwards (i.e. after they entered the No Filter Tour era), they have done only one tour a year if they did at all. Mick, Keef, Ronnie and friends are not the same age as 9 and 7 years ago.

I’d be pleased to be proven wrong.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 21, 2022 18:11

Kinda reversing the age thing, maybe they do two two small tours next year because of age, ie in 2024 mick would be approaching 81 and keef would be 80

Date: September 21, 2022 18:20

Even smaller tours? So the "mini-tour" becomes a "micro-tour"? winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 21, 2022 18:37

I still wouldn't call runs of 14-16/17 shows mini-tours. YMMV.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 18:45 by angee.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 21, 2022 18:56

Topi
Even smaller tours? So the "mini-tour" becomes a "micro-tour"? winking smiley

I think the micro-est tour possible is called, 'a show'.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2022 22:04

DiegoGlimmerStones
RisingStone

Six or seven shows in South America in early spring, followed by six or seven shows in North America either late spring, or summer, or early fall for a total of 12-14 shows maximum.
And maybe/hopefully the new album (or a new single) will be released within that time frame, but that might not happen until the 70th Anniversary celebration in 2032.
Meanwhile, I would hope for at least another Hits package ala GRRR and/or more oldies from the vaults...lots of great vintage material still waiting to be unleashed on the fans.

Date: September 21, 2022 23:53

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
RisingStone

Six or seven shows in South America in early spring, followed by six or seven shows in North America either late spring, or summer, or early fall for a total of 12-14 shows maximum.
And maybe/hopefully the new album (or a new single) will be released within that time frame, but that might not happen until the 70th Anniversary celebration in 2032.
Meanwhile, I would hope for at least another Hits package ala GRRR and/or more oldies from the vaults...lots of great vintage material still waiting to be unleashed on the fans.

I would love it if it happened that way. 2 short legs would be interesting. And i really think that if the new album will be out next year they can promote it in USA like 2016 with Blue and Lonesome. I also think that a new hits compilation it's possible too but i'm sure that the guys already have plans for next year and hopefully we will hear an update about the tour and the new album soon

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 22, 2022 00:14

They could celebrate 50 years of Brussels 1973 next year and do a two month residency in Brussels and Amsterdam.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home