Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 22:46

georgemcdonnell314
They just played a smaller venue which I attended and they also played a small venue last stop in the US.

JumpinJeppeFlash
10 shows at MSG? Jesus, dream on.

The days of playing smaller arenas is over. If they do anything more from now on it will be stadiums with very few exceptions.

Both were one off and the only such shows on their respective tours though. All the others were large stadia and that's where the money is.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2022 23:07

Another possible scenario would be Toronto, New York, Chicago, and L.A. with two to three massive stadium shows in each city .
And then maybe a grand finale bonus show (or two) in Vegas - the older MGM Arena would be perfect w/capacity of only 15,000.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 01:22

Hairball
Another possible scenario would be Toronto, New York, Chicago, and L.A. with two to three massive stadium shows in each city .
And then maybe a grand finale bonus show (or two) in Vegas - the older MGM Arena would be perfect w/capacity of only 15,000.

They couldn't even sell out the two shows they did last year in LA so I doubt they would play there again.

Date: August 30, 2022 02:57

DGA35
Hairball

They couldn't even sell out the two shows they did last year in LA so I doubt they would play there again.

San Diego could be a nice alternative then since it was knocked off the original itinerary due to the Covid postponements.
And then there's also Pasadena at the legendary historical Rose Bowl where they played in 2019 and '94 (great shows!)- nestled in the hills above the city, a fantastic venue.
One thing is certain - there's plenty of venues and plenty of people which equates to plenty of money in the vast SoCal area, and the Stones never miss an opportunity to play the area when they tour North America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-30 02:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: August 30, 2022 03:52

A residency would be ideal.

I've been attending a few in Las Vegas.

The Artists keep their setlist the same, but the Rolling Stones could change their set up, etc.

Like mentioned, they wouldn't have to travel and they could be well rested each night.

Would make for good concerts.

It would be easy for us to travel to them as well as they would be staying in one place.

Then they could rotate, as mentioned, NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas, London, Germany, etc.

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: August 30, 2022 03:55

grzegorz67
georgemcdonnell314
They just played a smaller venue which I attended and they also played a small venue last stop in the US.

JumpinJeppeFlash
10 shows at MSG? Jesus, dream on.

The days of playing smaller arenas is over. If they do anything more from now on it will be stadiums with very few exceptions.

Both were one off and the only such shows on their respective tours though. All the others were large stadia and that's where the money is.

I like this as well.

As long as you keep Vegas in there I'm all in smiling smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2022 04:58

There will be an Australia and New Zealand 2023 tour... smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 30, 2022 10:00

colonial

Nice! When?

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 30, 2022 10:52

colonial

Yu wish. but it won't happen. Ever again.

Anyways you are welcome to visit Europe next Summer! tongue sticking out smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 14:35

Topi
colonial

Nice! When?

March 2023

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 30, 2022 15:19

A residency in Las Vegas?

Hmm... So the story of the Rolling Stones as a performing act could be nicely divided into following eras:

1962-1963: The Club Era
1963-1967: The Mini Tours Era Vol 1
1969-1982: The Classical Tours Era
1989-2007: The Cohlian Era
2012-2022: The Mini Tours Era Vol 2
2023-203?: The Vegas Era grinning smiley

Some of us might see the irony here... (good old IORR folklore..)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-30 15:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 30, 2022 15:50

Oriongalaxy
colonial

Anyways you are welcome to visit Europe next Summer! tongue sticking out smiley>grinning smiley<

Whilst I dint know whether it’ll be Australia and New Zealand, I do know that they’ll be touring places where multiple working-visa’s will be required. That would suggest somewhere like Australia/New Zealand, or South and Central America. Wherever they’re planning to travel for ‘work’, it’s a little further afield than Europe.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 30, 2022 16:00

GeirGG
I don’t agree at all. The band I saw nine times this summer showed no signs of slowing down, and looked more vital than ever. They will do whatever they want to do in six months or a year - and their choice will not be based on their age. Retirement and old age is still not on the cards.

Long may they continue to look - and feel - vital. And if that takes them much further afield in their touring schedule, then good luck to them.

I'm not suggesting they will make their choices based on the number of years on their birth certificates. My point was based on the likely levels of energy they will feel, given they are 80 year old men, in the case of Mick and Keith. If they have the requisite levels of energy, then that is great. However one inescapable fact is that energy levels go up and down like an elevator the older we get. While I hope, as much as anyone, that they continue to feel strong, healthy and energetic, I do suggest a degree of caution. Things will not stand still at 2022 energy levels indefinitely. Who knows what another six months will bring.

At the end of the day, as you rightly say, The Stones will do what THEY want to do next year. They will make their decision based on several different criteria - health, energy, appetite for touring, financial benefits, financial costs, logistical considerations, availability of stadia, and wider commercial considerations. There may well be behind-the-scenes issues too that none of us will know about. Perhaps private family considerations? Maybe past promises made to play certain locations? Or personal preferences for certain cities or performing venues? Then there could be things like the availability or otherwise of important on-stage performers, technical staff, or construction and engineering experts.

I'm not saying any of this WILL happen. Nor am I being a spoil-sport. I'm simply being a wee bit cautious about anyone getting over-optimistic. I'm a very fit, healthy and active individual, not very far removed in age from Mick and Keith. I know just how my energy levels swing rapidly from one day to the next. One day I can run a half-marathon. The next I'm totally shattered and barely able to climb my stairs...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 30, 2022 16:01

angieburden

It would be easy for us to travel to them as well as they would be staying in one place.

Then they could rotate, as mentioned, NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas, London, Germany, etc.

Who are the "us" who would find travel to Las Vegas easy?

If they do ever take up the residency idea, wherever it is, it should be combined with a properly organised professional paid-for live stream, which could be accessed online by individuals or shown live in local venues all over the world (as major opera and ballet productions often are here in the UK). The real venue could then be fairly small, so that those who can afford to see them in the flesh would truly get the trip of a lifetime, but those who can't would not be totally shut out.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 31, 2022 02:51

Oriongalaxy
colonial

And Canada &US!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 31, 2022 03:13

babyblue
Oriongalaxy
colonial

And Canada &US!

and antarctica!!!grinning smiley

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 31, 2022 05:12

GerardHennessy
GeirGG
I don’t agree at all. The band I saw nine times this summer showed no signs of slowing down, and looked more vital than ever. They will do whatever they want to do in six months or a year - and their choice will not be based on their age. Retirement and old age is still not on the cards.

Long may they continue to look - and feel - vital. And if that takes them much further afield in their touring schedule, then good luck to them.

I'm not suggesting they will make their choices based on the number of years on their birth certificates. My point was based on the likely levels of energy they will feel, given they are 80 year old men, in the case of Mick and Keith. If they have the requisite levels of energy, then that is great. However one inescapable fact is that energy levels go up and down like an elevator the older we get. While I hope, as much as anyone, that they continue to feel strong, healthy and energetic, I do suggest a degree of caution. Things will not stand still at 2022 energy levels indefinitely. Who knows what another six months will bring.

At the end of the day, as you rightly say, The Stones will do what THEY want to do next year. They will make their decision based on several different criteria - health, energy, appetite for touring, financial benefits, financial costs, logistical considerations, availability of stadia, and wider commercial considerations. There may well be behind-the-scenes issues too that none of us will know about. Perhaps private family considerations? Maybe past promises made to play certain locations? Or personal preferences for certain cities or performing venues? Then there could be things like the availability or otherwise of important on-stage performers, technical staff, or construction and engineering experts.

I'm not saying any of this WILL happen. Nor am I being a spoil-sport. I'm simply being a wee bit cautious about anyone getting over-optimistic. I'm a very fit, healthy and active individual, not very far removed in age from Mick and Keith. I know just how my energy levels swing rapidly from one day to the next. One day I can run a half-marathon. The next I'm totally shattered and barely able to climb my stairs...[I do understand that, and I am not oblivion to the fact that this will end one day. But from what I see - not yet. And they are not 80 yet either! Keith is still 78, and will probably be 79 for the next tour (as will most probably Mick, so please let us stop calling them 80! I do understand that things might look very differently a few years into their eighties, but we are not there yet, and since these people are young at heart, I bet we at least have another two years before we have to start this geriatric doom and gloom.]

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 31, 2022 05:14

Sorry, that became a bit of a mess. I meant to reply:

I do understand that, and I am not oblivion to the fact that this will end one day. But from what I see - not yet. And they are not 80 yet either! Keith is still 78, and will probably be 79 for the next tour (as will most probably Mick, so please let us stop calling them 80! I do understand that things might look very differently a few years into their eighties, but we are not there yet, and since these people are young at heart, I bet we at least have another two years before we have to start this geriatric doom and gloom.

Date: August 31, 2022 06:07

GeirGG
Keith is still 78, and will probably be 79 for the next tour as will most probably Mick, so please let us stop calling them 80!

Hard to believe Bill is a whopping 85 yrs. old, yet is still quite active and about to release some new music...
Maybe when Mick and Keith hit that ripe age they'll be doing the same...possibly even releasing the long awaited new album by then?!
And imagine if Bill had stayed in the band... would he have inspired them to be more prolific? Maybe nudge them along like an older/big brother does?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-31 06:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 31, 2022 07:12

Good one!

Date: August 31, 2022 16:20

GeirGG

I do understand that, and I am not oblivion to the fact that this will end one day. But from what I see - not yet. And they are not 80 yet either! Keith is still 78, and will probably be 79 for the next tour (as will most probably Mick, so please let us stop calling them 80! I do understand that things might look very differently a few years into their eighties, but we are not there yet, and since these people are young at heart, I bet we at least have another two years before we have to start this geriatric doom and gloom.

We are basically saying the same thing. That we love The Stones and we want them to continue. Above all we want them to enjoy themselves doing what they obviously love.

With respect you are not quite getting my point about their ages. Seventy-eight, seventy-nine, eighty - please lets not fall out about a year this way or that. The only slight variation in our points of view is that I'm a wee bit more cautious than you are in forecasting what might happen next year given the vagaries of time. However I have also said "I hope, as much as anyone, that they continue to feel strong, healthy and energetic". Hardly the words of someone in love with the idea of 'geriatric doom and gloom' I'm very much the opposite.

But to be totally, and unequivocally clear, I hope ABSOLUTELY that you are 100% right, and I hope equally that I am being unnecessarily cautious in my views.

May The Stones keep rocking on, and on, and on, and on...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 31, 2022 18:11

GeirGG

GeirGG, thanks for pointing that out! Let's not make them older than their actual ages.
My younger brother has sometimes made me a year and a half older than I am. I object.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 1, 2022 21:00

Hairball
GeirGG
Keith is still 78, and will probably be 79 for the next tour as will most probably Mick, so please let us stop calling them 80!

Hard to believe Bill is a whopping 85 yrs. old, yet is still quite active and about to release some new music...
Maybe when Mick and Keith hit that ripe age they'll be doing the same...possibly even releasing the long awaited new album by then?!
And imagine if Bill had stayed in the band... would he have inspired them to be more prolific? Maybe nudge them along like an older/big brother does?

Bill would have had absolutely zero influence on what the band would, or would not, have done, had he stayed. My understanding is that, to some extent, the reason he left was because he got fed up with being little more than a sides person in the band. That little or no notice was taken of his views, his suggestions, or his input. He was expected to turn up, play what he was told to play,and keep away from any wider discussions about the band, the music or the overall operation. And I also remember hearing some talk that he was disenchanted with the entire mega-tour/massive stadium focus of the band, feeling that The Stones were becoming more remote from their audiences.

I have no idea whether any of this information has been validated. But what I do know is that Bill has, for many many years, been entirely happy performing with the Rhythm Kings on a much smaller, more intimate, scale. And that the entire approach taken by the band is both flexible and varied. In truth the Rhythm Kings are more of a floating musical collective than a band in the conventional sense. And they are quite wonderful too.

Do go see them if you ever get an opportunity. You will love it. I promise!

Date: September 5, 2022 19:33

I was chatting with my pal in Melbourne other day She said there are no rumours of shows next year well not yet.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 12, 2022 08:21

I shook my magic 8 ball on a few questions about the tour next year:

Europe - Cannot predict now
North America - It is certain
Australia/Japan - It is decidedly so
Latin America - Yes definitely

Looks like the band is gearing up for a full blown world tour cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-12 08:21 by BeastyBurdeny.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: September 12, 2022 20:31

BeastyBurdeny

What you just wrote is information or a wish?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 12, 2022 21:44

makustone
BeastyBurdeny

What you just wrote is information or a wish?

I looked up a magic 8 ball app online and asked it whether the stones would be touring in each country, due to boredom. It's just a joke, but I guess you could say it's wishful thinking as well.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 13, 2022 10:01

I can’t see them ever doing a Las Vegas residency. I can’t imagine them wanting to spend more than a few days there, much less to live there for an extended period. If they continue playing live, they will do more 12-14 show tours. The only question is where.

Date: September 13, 2022 10:26

JadedFaded
I can’t see them ever doing a Las Vegas residency. I can’t imagine them wanting to spend more than a few days there, much less to live there for an extended period. If they continue playing live, they will do more 12-14 show tours. The only question is where.

Agree 100%

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2022 11:55

Water is gettin low in Vegas .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50