Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:47

Oriongalaxy
hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy
micha063
Well, I don't think, they'll play europe next...
But of course I'd go!

Be sure they will! smiling smiley ;P

At this stage you can't be sure about anything and plans change on short notice. There will be multiple options for next year.

Maybe you don't know how the business works, but event agencies signed the contracts months before. Obviously it all depends on the situation around the world and the Boys health conditions. But...contracts are signed.

Please do not always assume that other people on this board don't know how this or that works. If you look at the tour this year you can see that contracts with venues are signed a few days/weeks before tour announcement. Paris came back on the list at very short notice and two other cities have been cut. I don't know where you got this information that contracts are signed but there are different sources claiming that they try to book venues in Australia and Asia next spring. Australia/Asia was rumoured for 2020 but then they changed their plans and went again to the United States.

So maybe I don't know how the business works as good as you know about it but with your arguments I still think that multiple options are still likely for next year with Australia/Asia in spring the most likely option.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:51

hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy
hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy
micha063
But of course I'd go!

At this stage you can't be sure about anything and plans change on short notice. There will be multiple options for next year.

Maybe you don't know how the business works, but event agencies signed the contracts months before. Obviously it all depends on the situation around the world and the Boys health conditions. But...contracts are signed.

Please do not always assume that other people on this board don't know how this or that works. If you look at the tour this year you can see that contracts with venues are signed a few days/weeks before tour announcement. Paris came back on the list at very short notice and two other cities have been cut. I don't know where you got this information that contracts are signed but there are different sources claiming that they try to book venues in Australia and Asia next spring. Australia/Asia was rumoured for 2020 but then they changed their plans and went again to the United States.

So maybe I don't know how the business works as good as you know about it but with your arguments I still think that multiple options are still likely for next year with Australia/Asia in spring the most likely option.

Not going to argue with you. Doesn't matter what my sources are. Enough to say that contracts are signed by the event agency. Maybe I work with one? winking smiley

Date: August 24, 2022 12:56

Oriongalaxy
hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy
hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy
micha063
But of course I'd go!

Not going to argue with you. Doesn't matter what my sources are. Enough to say that contracts are signed by the event agency. Maybe I work with one? winking smiley

I will not mistrust that "the event agency" has signed contracts and I am pretty sure there is a chance that they will play Europe again next year but I don't believe that this route is set in stone.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:59

Your beliefs are not my problem dude.
Not only there is a chance - this is sure! Under other conditions like I mentioned above.
Speculations that are posted here doesn't matter at all. including such a trashy media that spread the fake news like Daily Mail and others...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 24, 2022 23:45

Hey Canada needs a tour coast to coast they haven’t been here over 16 years minus Toronto

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 24, 2022 23:59

I was seeing some Facebook mentions today of Australia rumors heating up.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 25, 2022 00:37

babyblue
Hey Canada needs a tour coast to coast they haven’t been here over 16 years minus Toronto

Hell yes..

Vancouver 2006
Calgary 2005
Edmonton 1997
Regina 2006
Winnipeg 1997
Montreal/Quebec City 2013/2015
Toronto/Oro Medonte 2013/2019
Halifax 2006

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2022 05:12

The booking of tours is way in advance of them happening. MONTHS. 6-9 months. Sometimes even a year.

It may be different now for the Stones compared to the 1990s or the LICKS and BANG tours. Or even somewhat recently, like the 50 or whatever.

You can bet though that any promoter is counting on a certain thing and with The Rolling Stones it will happen 98% of the time (the odd show with low attendance is why it's not 100% but I'm not going by any facts otherwise, it's just a guesstimation).

As long as they are rolling... then there will be shows.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 25, 2022 06:44

babyblue

Wishin’ and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' and Plannin' and dreamin' each night

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 26, 2022 01:19

babyblue

They also played Montreal:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 26, 2022 09:18

No we can’t forget Montreal even if it’s more recent.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 26, 2022 15:20

I'm curious as to whether there is a reason for more Canadian dates not routinely being included when they tour in North America ?

Most major Canadian cities are geographically located no less conveniently than many of the US dates ...so when touring why not consider the US and Canada as one geographical whole , much as they do with South America ?

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 27, 2022 01:48

Spud
I'm curious as to whether there is a reason for more Canadian dates not routinely being included when they tour in North America ?

Most major Canadian cities are geographically located no less conveniently than many of the US dates ...so when touring why not consider the US and Canada as one geographical whole , much as they do with South America ?

$$$ and capacity.

They only do ~ 15 shows a year which means they’d have to take shows from the US to give more to Canada if they choose to do.

More money to be made in the US and outside of Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, it would be hard to sell out a stadium level show at their Average Ticket Price.

1 Canadian show per tour is a reasonable expectation at this point in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-27 01:49 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 27, 2022 03:12

Spud

they do, but Canada has a population of 39 million, whereas the US has a population of 332 million. Using that logic, on a tour of 17 shows (and its usually less than that), Canada should be getting two at the most.

Date: August 27, 2022 20:06

Gazza
Spud

they do, but Canada has a population of 39 million, whereas the US has a population of 332 million. Using that logic, on a tour of 17 shows (and its usually less than that), Canada should be getting two at the most.

Going off population alone, good luck to Australia for future tours winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 27, 2022 23:17

Gazza
Spud

if population was the main thing to matter they'd only play in India and China…

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2022 03:34

slewan
Gazza
Spud

if population was the main thing to matter they'd only play in India and China…

I didnt suggest it was. I was explaining the likely reason why they dont play many shows in Canada compared to the US. It's pretty much the same market, financially and geographically

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2022 03:35

Keef still gets the
raving shivers around Mounties ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 28, 2022 03:53

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: August 28, 2022 05:38

I have a feeling they do latin america or asia-australia-nz.
First time visiting without Charlie.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 28, 2022 22:21

It's all ifs, buts and maybes. They might do this. They might do that. They might do the other. Who knows?

Of course it is fun to speculate. And who can blame those in less frequently toured territories from wanting to see the band in person. But we need to remember that next year both Mick and Keith turn 80. And Ronnie - The Kid - bless him, will hit 76 in June 2023. Let us hope their health, strength and appetite for touring remains undimmed.

For what it's worth, I think that, IF THEY DO TOUR, they will stay relatively close to home. Meaning the US and Europe. Given their age, the prospect of two months or more in South America, Australia, Japan, or elsewhere in Asia, might just be too much. I might be wrong. No doubt many readers here will HOPE I'm wrong.

But, I do feel that touring further afield now is way less likely than it has ever been before...

Date: August 28, 2022 23:37

GerardHennessy
It's all ifs, buts and maybes. They might do this. They might do that. They might do the other. Who knows?

Of course it is fun to speculate. And who can blame those in less frequently toured territories from wanting to see the band in person. But we need to remember that next year both Mick and Keith turn 80. And Ronnie - The Kid - bless him, will hit 76 in June 2023. Let us hope their health, strength and appetite for touring remains undimmed.

For what it's worth, I think that, IF THEY DO TOUR, they will stay relatively close to home. Meaning the US and Europe. Given their age, the prospect of two months or more in South America, Australia, Japan, or elsewhere in Asia, might just be too much. I might be wrong. No doubt many readers here will HOPE I'm wrong.

But, I do feel that touring further afield now is way less likely than it has ever been before...

One hundred percent agree with this.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 29, 2022 01:06

I don’t agree at all. The band I saw nine times this summer showed no signs of slowing down, and looked more vital than ever. They will do whatever they want to do in six months or a year - and their choice will not be based on their age. Retirement and old age is still not on the cards.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2022 03:34

GerardHennessy

I agree - keep it in the US/North America and Europe...relatively close to home as you say...
Can't imagine them straying too far from home for months at a time at their age. Even in limos and 5 star hotels...sounds a bit burdensome in fact.
Seems it would be easier for fans to travel from afar to see the band in concert vs. the entire band traveling to far locales to see the fans - including lugging around all the equipment, their family members, etc, etc., etc.
That 10 show "residency" in New York that someone previously mentioned makes sense, and sounds like the perfect scenario. But whatever, however, and whenever...just hope they continue to keep on rolling...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-29 03:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2022 07:10

Speculation is fun.

But reality is another thing.

Won't be surprised if they do 10 shows at MSG, 5 at the United Center in Chicago.. etc.

Perhaps if they aren't travelling city to city and stay in one for a week plus they'll do more shows.

At this point, there's really no reason to truthfully count on anything. They will decide and let us know.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 29, 2022 11:54

Would there be "weird vibes" surrounding a tour or a residency in the US?

Date: August 29, 2022 12:13

Hairball
GerardHennessy

I agree - keep it in the US/North America and Europe...relatively close to home as you say...
Can't imagine them straying too far from home for months at a time at their age. Even in limos and 5 star hotels...sounds a bit burdensome in fact.
Seems it would be easier for fans to travel from afar to see the band in concert vs. the entire band traveling to far locales to see the fans - including lugging around all the equipment, their family members, etc, etc., etc.
That 10 show "residency" in New York that someone previously mentioned makes sense, and sounds like the perfect scenario. But whatever, however, and whenever...just hope they continue to keep on rolling...

A perfect scenario for those living in that area but not for anyone else. Do you really think the Stones want to stay for 6 weeks in NYC? Especially Mick loves visiting places. Why would he want to stay for 6 weeks in the same hotel? I am sure they will continue like they did in the past years. If traveling is too much stress for them I bet performing on stage would not be possible anymore.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 29, 2022 12:20

Maybe they'll just do a mini-residency and move on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-29 15:09 by Topi.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2022 15:13

10 shows at MSG? Jesus, dream on.

The days of playing smaller arenas is over. If they do anything more from now on it will be stadiums with very few exceptions.

Date: August 29, 2022 17:17

They just played a smaller venue which I attended and they also played a small venue last stop in the US.

JumpinJeppeFlash
10 shows at MSG? Jesus, dream on.

The days of playing smaller arenas is over. If they do anything more from now on it will be stadiums with very few exceptions.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home