Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 14, 2022 14:50

bv
GasLightStreet
OK.

For the record, to my knowledge, anywhere in the Deep South and below the Deep South, when people say "the Dome" they know what it means. Because there is only one "the Dome".

It's in New Orleans!

Everybody does not live in the deep south. There are Tokyo Dome and many other Domes in the world.

In Japan, other than Tokyo Dome, there are four domes in major cities and the Stones have played all of them — i.e. Fukuoka Dome (1995), Osaka Dome (1998 and 2003), Sapporo Dome (2006) and Nagoya Dome (2006). They are still there although all but Tokyo Dome changed their names.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 14, 2022 15:06

Topi
Hey, remember corriecas and Ziggodome!

I thought he was making the whole thing up, but then I noticed it en route to the ArenA - Hey, Ziggodome really is a thing. Fun fact (per Wiki): Although the name 'Dome' refers to a dome, there are no round shapes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-14 15:09 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 14, 2022 17:40

DeanGoodman
Topi
Hey, remember corriecas and Ziggodome!

I thought he was making the whole thing up, but then I noticed it en route to the ArenA - Hey, Ziggodome really is a thing. Fun fact (per Wiki): Although the name 'Dome' refers to a dome, there are no round shapes.

And everywhere you sit great sound

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 14, 2022 18:45

MSG is a done deal. Right?

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 14, 2022 19:13

GasLightStreet

Sorry.

There's only one "The Dome" and it's the Superdome.

As in the Louisiana Superdome. In New Orleans.

Whatever the name is with it has zero meaning - similar to Pine Knob or the Sears Tower.

Like BV said, There are “The Dome”s everywhere. If I’m referring to the place in New Orleans, I refer to it as The Superdome, because that’s the name of it, right? I didn’t name the place in St. Louis! It’s literally called “The Dome at America’s Center”. Take it up with them tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 14, 2022 19:19

GasLightStreet
OK.

For the record, to my knowledge, anywhere in the Deep South and below the Deep South, when people say "the Dome" they know what it means. Because there is only one "the Dome".

It's in New Orleans!

I live in the belly of The Deep South. “The Dome” used to also mean the Georgia Dome, now standing in it’s place is The Mercedes-Benz Stadium, not to be confused with the Mercedes-Benz Dome, what the New Orleans Superdome was once called, now officially Ceasers Superdome. Hahaha! Roll Tide! smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 14, 2022 19:37

I have noticed one thing. The Rolling Stones played the Tokyo Dome 29 times between 1990 and 2014, which has made it the dome they played more often than its cousins anywhere else in the world.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2022 19:37

I think it's a bit sad that we, here in Sweden, have adopted the American way of naming stadiums and arenas. They used to have real names or nicknames - now it's the boring formula: Corporation plus arena (or stadium).
Naomi Klein was right all the way. We live in a logo state.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: August 14, 2022 20:07

They want to keep playing and will tour again, health permitting. But not with MT.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 14, 2022 20:40

Stoneage

I think it's a bit sad that we, here in Sweden, have adopted the American way of naming stadiums and arenas.

Same in Germany. When a Tour starts you have to look again where they play because the venue was in the meantime renamed after the next company - e.g. LTU-/Esprit-/Merkur-Arena in Düsseldorf. Rheinstadion as it was called originally has always been clear.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 14, 2022 21:04

Irix
Stoneage

I think it's a bit sad that we, here in Sweden, have adopted the American way of naming stadiums and arenas.

Same in Germany. When a Tour starts you have to look again where they play because the venue was in the meantime renamed after the next company - e.g. LTU-/Esprit-/Merkur-Arena in Düsseldorf. Rheinstadion as it was called originally has always been clear.

Yep. Anything for a buck. I know it’s been a thing in soccer, but I’m not a fan of advertising on NBA jerseys (no, I’m not talking about a Nike swoosh, I’m talking about Love’s truck stop, etc.).

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 14, 2022 21:25

Topi
MSG is a done deal. Right?

Yes. Including the live release "Potus was right - Stones at the MSG".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2022 22:21

mpj200
They want to keep playing and will tour again, health permitting. But not with MT.

This is good news, though a guest appearance from MT and/or Bill would be more than a welcome addition even if just for one song, and even if just for one show.
I'm assuming it will still be part of the SIXTY theme, and maybe it will be a bit more celebratory by acknowledging sixty years in a more pronounced way...
Health permitting, I look forward to seeing them keep on rolling for as long as they can...next thing you know it will be SIXTY FIVE....and then SEVENTY....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 15, 2022 07:37

tommycharles
ProfessorWolf
tacoma dome still standinggrinning smiley

Such an awful place to see a show, though smiling smiley

true

but it looks nice on the outsidegrinning smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 15, 2022 07:48

keefgotsoul
I saw the Stones in the Kingdome 1997 and the Tacoma Dome 2002. Both fun shows but not ideal places to see a band.

yes but as for the kingdome my mom saw zeppelin there in 77 and the sound was so bad she walked out after 30 minutes

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2022 08:52

Chrome Dome was a bald-headed boss
who use ta make us get our hair cut like the
Beatles when we were staying in different hotels across the land ......

I want you guys ta look respectable when representing the company .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 15, 2022 10:06

Why would 2023 be a bit more celebratory by acknowledging sixty years in a more pronounced way? After all, the anniversary was this year.

They may keep the SIXTY moniker in the tour name/merch but I think that's about it; what you saw is what you get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-15 10:18 by Topi.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 13:17

RisingStone
I have noticed one thing. The Rolling Stones played the Tokyo Dome 29 times between 1990 and 2014, which has made it the dome they played more often than its cousins anywhere else in the world.

Being picky I know, but I count 28 x Dome plus x 1 x Budokan.

1990 x10
1995 x7
1998 x4
2003 x3 (includes Budokan)
2006 x2
2014 x3

Please tell me what I got wrong, I like my data set to be correct!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 15, 2022 13:45

Topi

After all, the anniversary was this year.

2022: 60 years of founding & first concert.
2023: 60 years of firm lineup & first Single.

Also in 2023: Mick & Keith will celebrate their 80th birthday.

Date: August 15, 2022 14:17

Yes, I know, but for example, look at the merch and the posters this year noting the years '62 and '22.

All over their social media, throughout the year, this year was the 60th anniversary. On July 12 they tweeted this:

[twitter.com]

"THE ROLLING STONES TURN SIXTY TODAY!!! July 12 1962 is where it officially all started for the world’s greatest rock’n’roll band!! Join us in celebrating, by tweeting why you love the Stones and your favourite songs and memories!!"

A bit earlier, on May 8, they tweeted:

[twitter.com]

"This year the Rolling Stones celebrate SIXTY years!

Their first gig was at London’s Marquee Club on July 12th 1962..
From there they took Sunday night residency at Richmond’s Crawdaddy Club, which was then forced to move venue to accommodate the growing crowds!"

Besides, my point was, I don't think they will be more celebratory or more pronounced (as regards acknowledging the anniversary) next year.

You guys just watch, next year will likely be similar to what they did with 50 & Counting, they pretty much continued under that moniker during the US/Canada arena tour of 2013 (and I guess, to an extent, the three shows in the UK)

Cheaper and easier to just continue with SIXTY. Milk that same cow. And perhaps even keep the numbers '62 and '22 on that merch? winking smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-15 14:52 by Topi.

Date: August 15, 2022 14:24

Stoneage
I think it's a bit sad that we, here in Sweden, have adopted the American way of naming stadiums and arenas. They used to have real names or nicknames - now it's the boring formula: Corporation plus arena (or stadium).
Naomi Klein was right all the way. We live in a logo state.

Friends Arena really was a stadium, so you Swedes needs go get your act together winking smiley (it's the same with Telenor Arena in Norway, too, though).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-15 14:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 14:39

I think the Stones will get rid off the SIXTY celebration as soon as possible and that is now (assuming they won't do any more shows this year). The Stones didn't want to celebrate anything this year and they don't want to do it next year. They simply want to play and enjoy their music as long as they can. They made this very clear by not mention the anniversary on any stage this year (other than "60 years with Charlie..." which of course is not that true either).

Date: August 15, 2022 14:55

Celebrating it is one thing, selling merch under the "SIXTY" brand is another thing.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 15:26

people will buy merch with anything on it smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2022 16:12

Oh, this is very true. I just think that for Stones Inc. it might be easier to just push on a bit further with "SIXTY" than to create a whole new design/concept.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 15, 2022 17:08

In my opinion the 60 tour was great for 2022, but will seem a bit daft in 2023. I think the rather cheap stage and not so good lights of this tour could be a signal that the «60» thing was just that - a one off. It would give them a chance to come up with something spectacular for the next tour. Also I don’t think they want to to do «60» til they drop/stop (hopefully lightyears from now) - that is just a bit uncool in my humble opinion.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 15, 2022 17:49

I hope they have one more card up their sleeve for the 60th, like a Knebworth or Paris '76 DVD.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 15, 2022 17:54

hockenheim95
I think the Stones will get rid off the SIXTY celebration as soon as possible and that is now (assuming they won't do any more shows this year). The Stones didn't want to celebrate anything this year and they don't want to do it next year. They simply want to play and enjoy their music as long as they can. They made this very clear by not mention the anniversary on any stage this year (other than "60 years with Charlie..." which of course is not that true either).

Not technically true but Mick is well within his right to just put it out there: I loved how he said it too (in berlin) with a tiny hint of sternliness to it, a bit like a teacher. like "You kids need to realize what that actually means, seeing us here today."

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 15, 2022 20:46

Nikkei
hockenheim95

Not technically true but Mick is well within his right to just put it out there: I loved how he said it too (in berlin) with a tiny hint of sternliness to it, a bit like a teacher. like "You kids need to realize what that actually means, seeing us here today."

Did Mick actually say that?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 15, 2022 20:51

snoopy2
Nikkei
hockenheim95

Did Mick actually say that?

No that was the subtext I heard from it.

Here's what he said: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-15 20:54 by Nikkei.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home