Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 12, 2022 14:36

Topi
If Mick doesn't introduce Out Of Time, they won't know what it is!

Please. Speak for yourself. Insulting a whole continent? Grow up.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: August 12, 2022 14:58

And good company before the St. Louis show!

MisterDDDD
Christopher
I would agree with BFR as well. I too was at both shows.

The old dome does have a different feel.

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR
The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis felt like an arena to me, especially when compared to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, but I suppose by technical standards it is a stadium. Hard Rock was a theatre, a completely different type of venue, seating ~7,000.

St. Louis dome has 67.000 seats for NFL Games while Mercedes Benz Stadium got 71.000. that's not a big difference.

I know the seating capacity isn't much different, but I was at both shows and that's why I said "felt" like an arena because The Dome very much reminds me of the old NHL arenas and it felt dark inside while Mercedes-Benz has a huge multi-level concourse, is mostly windows on one side and has a retractable roof. It seemed like you walked right from the street level to the floor seats at The Dome. You have to wind down to a sub-terranean level to get to the floor of M-B.

We're getting bogged down here in arguable details spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have to agree with BFR on this one. I'm from Michigan & St Louis "felt" like an arena where Mercedes Benz actually felt like a stadium. I know exactly where BFR was comimg from. -smiling smiley

Agree, St Louis definitely had an arena feel.
What a show too.. smileys with beer

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 12, 2022 15:18

Christopher

MisterDDDD
Christopher

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR
The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis felt like an arena to me, especially when compared to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, but I suppose by technical standards it is a stadium. Hard Rock was a theatre, a completely different type of venue, seating ~7,000.

St. Louis dome has 67.000 seats for NFL Games while Mercedes Benz Stadium got 71.000. that's not a big difference.

I know the seating capacity isn't much different, but I was at both shows and that's why I said "felt" like an arena because The Dome very much reminds me of the old NHL arenas and it felt dark inside while Mercedes-Benz has a huge multi-level concourse, is mostly windows on one side and has a retractable roof. It seemed like you walked right from the street level to the floor seats at The Dome. You have to wind down to a sub-terranean level to get to the floor of M-B.

We're getting bogged down here in arguable details spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have to agree with BFR on this one. I'm from Michigan & St Louis "felt" like an arena where Mercedes Benz actually felt like a stadium. I know exactly where BFR was comimg from. -smiling smiley

Yeah, you know, while it holds a lot more people, it really didn't seem a heck of a lot bigger than the United Center in Chicago (where they played in 2013 and where the NHL Blackhawks play).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 12, 2022 15:53

NashvilleBlues
Topi

Chill, I was referring to this thread. smiling smiley [iorr.org]

Date: August 12, 2022 17:41

Topi
NashvilleBlues
Topi

Sorry. I thought that was out of character for you. My apologies!

Date: August 12, 2022 17:53

NashvilleBlues
Topi
NashvilleBlues
Topi

Sorry. I thought that was out of character for you. My apologies!

I wasn't even sure which continent he was supposedly insulting! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 12, 2022 18:01

We don’t know what Mick will decide concerning 2023, hopefully tour somewhere but not Europe again I really doubt it. I really doubt a residency as it’s not their style , god hope not. Lots fans elsewhere will be left out. They will be 80 then so we will see, time is not on their side unfortunately. Time will tell, also their health has to be considered, I’m very grateful to have seen them 20 times.

Date: August 12, 2022 18:11

I know it has to end some time, but they've been going so long, I really can't imagine it happening.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 12, 2022 18:42

I agree will be sad but…

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: August 12, 2022 21:29

It's funny when you stop to think and put it in context. It really is astounding. How many marriages last 60 years? Friendships? Considering where the relationship was with Mick and Keith in the late 70s thru the late 80s who could have imagined? And outside of that think about the people in your lives that are in their age bracket. Can you possibly imagine any of them doing what these guys are doing? I know there are examples of musicians performing in their 80s (Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry Jerry Lee Lewis, etc) but with the exception of McCartney none of them do it on this scale. I remember thinking in 97/98 This has to be it. And here they are. Yes minus the irreplaceable Charlie but still standing, still delivering. There will never be anyone compatible. I hope they go as long as they want and are able.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 12, 2022 22:13

with the success of Micks incognito city twitter pics I'm hearing rumors of a "Glimmer Twins" busking tour... coming to corner bar near you.

Date: August 12, 2022 22:48

I always say we have been so lucky for so long we don't even realize it.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 12, 2022 23:28

masseywinos
It's funny when you stop to think and put it in context. It really is astounding. How many marriages last 60 years? Friendships? Considering where the relationship was with Mick and Keith in the late 70s thru the late 80s who could have imagined? And outside of that think about the people in your lives that are in their age bracket. Can you possibly imagine any of them doing what these guys are doing? I know there are examples of musicians performing in their 80s (Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry Jerry Lee Lewis, etc) but with the exception of McCartney none of them do it on this scale. I remember thinking in 97/98 This has to be it. And here they are. Yes minus the irreplaceable Charlie but still standing, still delivering. There will never be anyone compatible. I hope they go as long as they want and are able.

Very well said. It's nothing short of amazing what they've accomplished and continue to accomplish. We're all lucky to be able to be witness to the greatness.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 12, 2022 23:44

MisterDDDD
Christopher

Hi BFR!

Sockers56

Hey, guys! St. Louis was a wonderful experience. Whether it happened at a stadium or an arena is up for debate I guess, but the show was one we'll never forget winking smiley Hopefully we will get another chance to meet up in 2023 smileys with beer

Date: August 13, 2022 04:05

BFR
MisterDDDD
Christopher

Hi BFR!

Sockers56

Hey, guys! St. Louis was a wonderful experience. Whether it happened at a stadium or an arena is up for debate I guess, but the show was one we'll never forget winking smiley Hopefully we will get another chance to meet up in 2023 smileys with beer

It's where the NFL Rams played for almost 20 years so it's a stadium.

And interestingly enough the only venue I've seen them twice in thru 12 shows on every US tour since '81.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 13, 2022 08:00

Christopher

MisterDDDD
Christopher

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR

Sorry.

There's only one "The Dome" and it's the Superdome.

As in the Louisiana Superdome. In New Orleans.

Whatever the name is with it has zero meaning - similar to Pine Knob or the Sears Tower.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 13, 2022 20:10

GasLightStreet
Christopher

MisterDDDD
Christopher

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR

Sorry.

There's only one "The Dome" and it's the Superdome.

As in the Louisiana Superdome. In New Orleans.

Whatever the name is with it has zero meaning - similar to Pine Knob or the Sears Tower.

When it comes to domes it was The Astrodome and besides the Superdome lets not forget the domes that have left us. The King Dome and the Hump Dome (Hubert Humphrey Metrodome)

Also was telling some folks last night about Pine Knob. Don't try and bring marshmallows in. Same classification as weapons and bottles.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 13, 2022 22:37

tacoma dome still standinggrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-13 22:38 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: August 13, 2022 23:36

Hey, remember corriecas and Ziggodome!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 14, 2022 00:05

Topi

Before they play in a Bunker, they should play Berlin Waldbühne for a 6th time .... winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 14, 2022 01:48

I think they should do something along the lines of Unzipped or Fonda. Play a few warhorses in a small venue, but really mix in some rarities. Although I'm not fond of most of their post Wyman work, I did like the Fonda gig. Compactness really works with this group.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2022 02:21

The L.A. Forum and Madison Square Garden - some of their best shows ever have been performed in these sacred arenas, and would be an appropriate way to wrap it up with ten shows at each.
And as a grand finale for the ages, two or three nights at the Hollywood Bowl - the shows there in 2005 were exceptional partially due to the rest of the ABB tour being in large arenas and stadiums.
It would be like the Waldbühne Berlin show of the SIXTY tour...the last show being the best show, and the actual layout and capacity of the two venues are quite similar..

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 14, 2022 05:57

ProfessorWolf
tacoma dome still standinggrinning smiley

Such an awful place to see a show, though smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 14, 2022 06:11

Topi

Yes I remember, he loved that place, and I hope he still posts.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2022 06:52

OK.

For the record, to my knowledge, anywhere in the Deep South and below the Deep South, when people say "the Dome" they know what it means. Because there is only one "the Dome".

It's in New Orleans!

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: August 14, 2022 07:13

I saw the Stones in the Kingdome 1997 and the Tacoma Dome 2002. Both fun shows but not ideal places to see a band.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 14, 2022 07:14

GasLightStreet
OK.

For the record, to my knowledge, anywhere in the Deep South and below the Deep South, when people say "the Dome" they know what it means. Because there is only one "the Dome".

It's in New Orleans!

Everybody does not live in the deep south. There are Tokyo Dome and many other Domes in the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 14, 2022 07:59

Many domes have come and gone in North America. In Canada, Saddledome in Calgary is still here and Rogers Centre in Toronto, which I will always refer to as the Skydome. Metrodome in Minneapolis, RCA Dome in Indianapolis, Silverdome in Pontiac (Detroit), Carrierdome in Syracuse, Alamodome in San Antonio and even the old Checkerdome in St. Louis.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 14, 2022 09:14

We`ve been there in Tacoma 2002.the next day we flied to SF with Sheryl Crow in the same plane winking smiley we got a signature on our setlist from her smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 14, 2022 13:06

DGA35
...and Rogers Centre in Toronto, which I will always refer to as the Skydome….

aka ‘the lid.’

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home