Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: August 10, 2022 19:58

whatever their plans are I hope Berlin was not the last time we see the World's Greatest Rock N Roll Band.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 10, 2022 23:09

georgemcdonnell314
whatever their plans are I hope Berlin was not the last time we see the World's Greatest Rock N Roll Band.

True that… smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: August 11, 2022 02:09

I would be thrilled if they played any number of shows in NYC but 10 in one venue seems highly unlikely. They played a few arenas during the 2021 No Filter tour and tickets weren’t much different from large stadiums, cheaper in some instances.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 02:59

They didn't play arenas in 2021. Last time they played an arena was 2016 in Las Vegas.
Only thing that came close to an arena last year was the hard rock Miami show, with an average ticket price of 500$+

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2022 06:15

The average ticket price for an LA Lakers game - one game - is $562.

No wonder Jagger has no qualms about the price of one ticket for the Stones.

He's right.

As with the Dallas Cowboys, the LA Lakers or... Cleveland whatever... people still pay A LOT OF MONEY to see losers play.

Too expensive for you!!!??

Not for someone else.

And that someone else gets to see the Stones on their last US tour in 2024.

Soon enough people will be not be paying to see the Stones screw up song after song because of whoever is plus age. They are quickly approaching the age of 'nope'.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 11, 2022 11:31

Stonesfan2146
They didn't play arenas in 2021. Last time they played an arena was 2016 in Las Vegas.
Only thing that came close to an arena last year was the hard rock Miami show, with an average ticket price of 500$+

Yeah, and their latest actual arena tour dates back to the spring/early summer of 2013.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 12:08

Topi
Stonesfan2146

Yeah, and their latest actual arena tour dates back to the spring/early summer of 2013.

They used most of the old 50 and Counting Tongue Pit setup for a couple of Australian arena shows in late 2014 but since then, nothing.

Date: August 11, 2022 12:33

Oh yeah, good call, had forgotten about that. 2014 in Australia/NZ was a mix of arenas, stadiums and open air. And earlier that same year, a couple of arena shows in Macau and Shanghai as well.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: August 11, 2022 13:35

Telenor arena in Oslo, Norway 2014

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 11, 2022 13:41

For many of us with hopes for South America, this article from Argentina's biggest newspaper questions the possibility of a tour in March.
The only big stadium available for a strech of 12 days in the Buenos Aires region would be (again) La Plata. But the promoters who brought them in all previous Argentina dates say there's no business being discussed at this moment.
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/espectaculos/musica/las-razones-por-las-que-los-rolling-stones-no-vendran-a-la-argentina-en-marzo-nid09082022/?fbclid=IwAR2S0ZkCTLbjDAiYzePBItj-iew5vvR79DzFIuCDHRV94WIMYBxWzMaTIQ4

Date: August 11, 2022 13:53

GeirGG
Telenor arena in Oslo, Norway 2014

Isn't Telenor Arena basically a roofed soccer pitch, though? While the crowd capacity is not that big, the floor/pitch is still bigger than that of an "arena" used for hockey and basketball.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 14:00

Exactly, they used the stadium stage in Telenor arena.

The last time the 50&Counting design was used in it's whole, and the only time in 2014 (In Macau the lips were missing) was Shanghai.

In Vegas 2016 they used the catwalk from the stadium shows, they likely already scrapped the tongue walkway.

Date: August 11, 2022 14:45

The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis felt like an arena to me, especially when compared to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, but I suppose by technical standards it is a stadium. Hard Rock was a theatre, a completely different type of venue, seating ~7,000.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 11, 2022 14:55

BFR
The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis felt like an arena to me, especially when compared to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, but I suppose by technical standards it is a stadium. Hard Rock was a theatre, a completely different type of venue, seating ~7,000.

St. Louis dome has 67.000 seats for NFL Games while Mercedes Benz Stadium got 71.000. that's not a big difference.

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: rereuk ()
Date: August 11, 2022 20:55

i have to admit, out of a time a shite choice indeed BUT to be honest i do not believe is about milking. personally if they were to tour until wood drops dead (the most likely i believe) i would be happy. this tour i have seen them 3 times, bought cheapest tickets. HP pointless to spend more than £90, you see beautifully even at the back and BTW people truly care about jagger's face? no come on guys. lyon was a furnace and even Mick suffered but they will tour more. point is, do lawyers accountants doctors stop working on account of age? ok, heart surgeons maybe yes. but musicians?? why? mick still sings great. jordan aint no watts but hey might be a good thing. wood and keef...they were always below par, no changes there. i do hope they play until they die, to repeat myself.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 11, 2022 21:34

Stonesfan2146

U Arena in Paris 2017.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 11, 2022 21:45

franzk

U Arena in Paris 2017.

And GelreDome, Arnhem in 2017 (34,000 seats capacity, but actually a football-stadium with an retractable roof).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 21:50 by Irix.

Date: August 11, 2022 21:48

franzk
Stonesfan2146

U Arena in Paris 2017.

The question is what is the definition of a stadium? I think an old definition was an arena is made for basketball and ice hockey and holds around 20.000 people (+-40%). A classic stadium has no roof or only a partisl roof and holds 30.000+ people, often more than 50.000 and is mainly build for football/soccer, American Football or in the USA Baseball.

Nowadays Football stadiums have very often a closed roof but are often called Arena. In Europe stadiums used to have a runway around the Football field but modern arenas don't have that anymore.

U Arena is either a very large Arena or a small Stadium. Call it whatever you want but fact is or is so big that they were able to squeeze the No Filter Stage in. Southampton 18 and Oslo 14 had smaller crowds but used the stadium stage too. They even used the Steel Wheels Stage in the small Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City...was that a stadium Gig? I don't know :-)

Date: August 11, 2022 21:50

Irix
franzk

U Arena in Paris 2017.

And GelreDome, Arnhem in 2017.

Gelredome is a clear Football Stadium with a roof that can be either open or closed. It's a small stadium Just Like Southampton or Coventry but with a roof.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 11, 2022 21:56

hockenheim95

Gelredome is a clear Football Stadium with a roof that can be either open or closed.

Like in Düsseldorf the Merkur Spiel-Arena (former LTU- or Esprit-Arena). 50,000 seats at Stones-concerts but feels somehow more like an arena than a stadium due to the retractable roof.

Date: August 11, 2022 21:59

Irix
hockenheim95

Gelredome is a clear Football Stadium with a roof that can be either open or closed.

Like in Düsseldorf the Merkur Spiel-Arena (former LTU- or Esprit-Arena). 50,000 seats at Stones-concerts but feels somehow more like an arena due to the retractable roof.

With thst definition nearly half of the No Filter tour stops have been arena shows...or Stockholm, Gelsenkirchen and Amsterdam on the Sixty tour.

Date: August 11, 2022 22:07

In my book, just naming a roofed/domed stadium an "arena" doesn't make it one. Surely we agree the Johann Cruijff Arena in Amsterdam, for example, is actually a stadium? Hell, on their own website, they offer stadium tours "Stadiontour"! winking smiley

Anyway, the point was, ticket prices in smaller venues (let alone in a market like NYC) would undoubtedly be higher. There's a reason the promoters are going to want to book the biggest venues possible for the Stones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 22:19 by Topi.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: August 11, 2022 23:06

Well they performed in Wembley Arena for ex. , with public-space for 11.000 people some years ago & the ticket prices was not higher than the stadium prices at the time .- maybee it`s different now a days . It`is for Clapton I can tell you that . Got one of those nosebleeding tickets resently in an arena on third row , but it was worth it though...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-11 23:35 by ComeOn.

Date: August 11, 2022 23:32

hockenheim95
BFR

St. Louis dome has 67.000 seats for NFL Games while Mercedes Benz Stadium got 71.000. that's not a big difference.

I know the seating capacity isn't much different, but I was at both shows and that's why I said "felt" like an arena because The Dome very much reminds me of the old NHL arenas and it felt dark inside while Mercedes-Benz has a huge multi-level concourse, is mostly windows on one side and has a retractable roof. It seemed like you walked right from the street level to the floor seats at The Dome. You have to wind down to a sub-terranean level to get to the floor of M-B.

We're getting bogged down here in arguable details spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 12, 2022 00:52

hockenheim95
In Europe stadiums used to have a runway around the Football field but modern arenas don't have that anymore.

That is actually it. That's what makes a proper stadium.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 12, 2022 05:22

BFR
hockenheim95
BFR

I know the seating capacity isn't much different, but I was at both shows and that's why I said "felt" like an arena because The Dome very much reminds me of the old NHL arenas and it felt dark inside while Mercedes-Benz has a huge multi-level concourse, is mostly windows on one side and has a retractable roof. It seemed like you walked right from the street level to the floor seats at The Dome. You have to wind down to a sub-terranean level to get to the floor of M-B.

We're getting bogged down here in arguable details spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have to agree with BFR on this one. I'm from Michigan & St Louis "felt" like an arena where Mercedes Benz actually felt like a stadium. I know exactly where BFR was comimg from. -smiling smiley

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: August 12, 2022 05:51

I would agree with BFR as well. I too was at both shows.

The old dome does have a different feel.

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR

I have to agree with BFR on this one. I'm from Michigan & St Louis "felt" like an arena where Mercedes Benz actually felt like a stadium. I know exactly where BFR was comimg from. -smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2022 06:19

Christopher
I would agree with BFR as well. I too was at both shows.

The old dome does have a different feel.

Hi BFR!

Sockers56
BFR
hockenheim95
BFR

Agree, St Louis definitely had an arena feel.
What a show too.. smileys with beer

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 12, 2022 13:44

24FPS
My god. Hasn't the North American market been milked enough? Are there enough suckers left to pay thousands of dollars because they haven't heard 'Out of Time' live yet?

grinning smiley

Date: August 12, 2022 14:17

If Mick doesn't introduce Out Of Time, they won't know what it is!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home