Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 8, 2022 18:19

In my personal view, I don't think they care much about the new album. If it isn't well received critically, they will be unhappy to have a likely final album be "unsuccessful". I know they have said they want new material to tour with and not be a nostalgia act but it's been a while and they have been very successful touring the war horses to great acclaim. I think that's what they will continue to do until it is no longer fun for them and/or their health won't allow it. I expect to see these 14 show mini tours as long as they are able and find them fun. Let's face it, they love the adulation and why not. No reason to stop unless they have to.

Big Benefit Concert
Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: August 8, 2022 18:21

I don't no if had anyone the same idea ...
A benefit concert against all wars and violence on this world specially for Ukraine ..but for all over the world!!
This is the Band:
Keith Richards Guitar,
Ringo Starr Drums
Mick Jagger Vocalist
Paul Mc Cartney Bass guitar
Ron Wood Guitarist 2

you can add some...
But i wish this would be real...at Wembley London
Sold out in minutes...believe it!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 8, 2022 19:30

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
slewan
keefriffhards
skytrench
keefriffhards
He was great the whole tour with the exception of Amsterdam

I enjoyed Keith's performance in Amsterdam greatly, he seemed very focused on the task at hand.

It was said he didn't move much but played well.

He hardly moved but played well (and we come to hear him play in the first place not to see him move, don't we?)

Absolutely not, love Keith doing his moves.

That like saying we come to hear Mick sing not move.

yeah not really. Keith moving is a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'.

yeah speak for yourself.

Re: Big Benefit Concert
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 8, 2022 22:39

RollstoDRSC
I don't no if had anyone the same idea ...
A benefit concert against all wars and violence on this world specially for Ukraine ..but for all over the world!!
This is the Band:
Keith Richards Guitar,
Ringo Starr Drums
Mick Jagger Vocalist
Paul Mc Cartney Bass guitar
Ron Wood Guitarist 2

you can add some...
But i wish this would be real...at Wembley London
Sold out in minutes...believe it!!

Ugh...of course it would sell out...but I'd rather see a Rolling Stones show, for the benefit of themselves!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 8, 2022 22:50

keefmick
In my personal view, I don't think they care much about the new album. If it isn't well received critically, they will be unhappy to have a likely final album be "unsuccessful". I know they have said they want new material to tour with and not be a nostalgia act but it's been a while and they have been very successful touring the war horses to great acclaim. I think that's what they will continue to do until it is no longer fun for them and/or their health won't allow it. I expect to see these 14 show mini tours as long as they are able and find them fun. Let's face it, they love the adulation and why not. No reason to stop unless they have to.

Back in 2002 they said that! TWENTY YEARS AGO!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 8, 2022 23:46

They are a nostalgic act.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2022 00:44

No ifs, ands, or buts about it - they are a nostalgia act.

Date: August 9, 2022 01:00

What might come into play and finish all our dreams of shows in 2023 is the issue of health, or to be more precise Ronnie's health, if he can no longer tour it's hard to imagine Mick and Keith going out as the Stones, not impossible but unlikely, but what do i know as someone pointed out last week 15 of the songs played in Berlin were before Ronnie joined.

Having said that Ronnie seemed to improve physically as this tour progressed, same thing happened last year, with it being two years since he got the all clear i expect Ronnie to be there with Mick and Keith next year if Mick decides to tour, and why not bring Taylor along to help Ronnie out if needs be, back to having 4 Stones members again would be nice, nothing can make up for Charlie but many would welcome a return of Taylor giving us a 3 man guitar line up that Keith was talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 09:14 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 9, 2022 01:27

keefriffhards
What might come into play and finish all our dreams of shows in 2003 is the issue of health, or to be more precise Ronnie's health, if he can no longer tour it's hard to imagine Mick and Keith going out as the Stones, not impossible but unlikely, but what do i know as someone pointed out last week 15 of the songs played in Berlin were before Ronnie joined.

Having said that Ronnie seemed to improve physically as this tour progressed, same thing happened last year, with it being two years since he got the all clear i expect Ronnie to be there with Mick and Keith next year if Mick decides to tour, and why not bring Taylor along to help Ronnie out if needs be, back to having 4 Stones members again would be nice, nothing can make up for Charlie but many would welcome a return of Taylor giving us a 3 man guitar line up that Keith was talking about.

Ah, the Taylor dream continues to dredge its ugly head back up.

Why not bring Taylor along to help Ronnie out? Does Ronnie really need help?

They already brought Taylor along period. It's done. It's been done. For a long time. 2014 was it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2022 02:09

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
slewan
keefriffhards
skytrench
keefriffhards
He was great the whole tour with the exception of Amsterdam

I enjoyed Keith's performance in Amsterdam greatly, he seemed very focused on the task at hand.

It was said he didn't move much but played well.

He hardly moved but played well (and we come to hear him play in the first place not to see him move, don't we?)

Absolutely not, love Keith doing his moves.

That like saying we come to hear Mick sing not move.

yeah not really. Keith moving is a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'.

yeah speak for yourself.

I definitely was!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 9, 2022 02:40

The Stones will play one final show on Mars for billionaire Elon Musk.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 9, 2022 02:51

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 9, 2022 03:51

Rockman

haha, exactly! Shortly thereafter, they will travel space and write Their Satanic Majesties #2

Date: August 9, 2022 09:22

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
What might come into play and finish all our dreams of shows in 2023 is the issue of health, or to be more precise Ronnie's health, if he can no longer tour it's hard to imagine Mick and Keith going out as the Stones, not impossible but unlikely, but what do i know as someone pointed out last week 15 of the songs played in Berlin were before Ronnie joined.

They already brought Taylor along period. It's done. It's been done. For a long time. 2014 was it.

With all due respect Ronnie struggled on most solo's throughout the tour with the exception of Berlin in my humble opinion. I can't think of one review other than Berlin where Ronnie was described as on fire etc.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 9, 2022 09:43

Taylor couldn't cover for Ron. Ron is integral. I've watched Taylor solo on CYHMK at Glastonbury again and once you've gotten over the fact that it's him with the Stones you have to admit it's pretty dreadful. Ronnie certainly did it better this year.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 9, 2022 11:23

Nikkei
Taylor couldn't cover for Ron. Ron is integral. I've watched Taylor solo on CYHMK at Glastonbury again and once you've gotten over the fact that it's him with the Stones you have to admit it's pretty dreadful. Ronnie certainly did it better this year.

yes it is actually terrible

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 9, 2022 12:28

Nikkei

whatever Ronnie is… somebody has to play the second guitar. At a lot of shows this year Ronnie seemed to be exhausted. So it might be wise to have someone onboard who could help out (not necessarily replace him). Taylor seems to be a natural choice (or at least a better and more 'natural' choice than anyone from outside the Stones' orbit).
For a long time I feared that Keith might drop out but after this tour I fear that it might be rather Ronnie…

Posted by: erad ()
Date: August 9, 2022 12:28

keefriffhards speaks like he is Ronnie's personal physician. It's kinda disturbing to be honest, all of this speculation from him regarding his health. Don't you have other things to think about/do with your free time? Seems to be a bit of an unhealthy obsession.

Nobody can possibly know but the people closest to him and his doctors. To me, watching numerous clips, he looked and sounded as fine as any 75 year old who has lived the life he has on stage, which was pretty good! Some pretty iffy solos here and there, but for god's sake, these guys are approaching 80.

As for the comments regarding MT, I will have to disagree with the posters who have said that his Glastonbury Knocking solo was dreadful. I have listened to it countless times and I always enjoy it, the best I have heard Wood play it is the Fonda show, where he seemed to put his own spin on it and not just attempt a pale imitation of the studio version like he did in the past or has done since. His solo was the weak point of the Hyde Park 1 version imo.

That's not to say that all the members haven't deteroiated, they are almost 80 and were in their 70s or approaching them while still touring with Taylor from 2012-2014! MT is never going to sound like he did in '73, neither is Ronnie, or Keith, or even Mick. Not to mention the fact that solos such as what is played on CYHMK have never been Ronnie's strength. There's no denying that he is the glue guy though, and has played some excellent stuff with the band since he joined way back when.

The great thing about music and tastes is that it is subjective, if somebody prefers Wood's interpretations of songs, then great! If others prefer Taylor, then that's also great! No need to get into childish pissing contest over it, we're all grown adults here. Just enjoy what you enjoy!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 9, 2022 13:34

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
What might come into play and finish all our dreams of shows in 2003 is the issue of health, or to be more precise Ronnie's health, if he can no longer tour it's hard to imagine Mick and Keith going out as the Stones, not impossible but unlikely, but what do i know as someone pointed out last week 15 of the songs played in Berlin were before Ronnie joined.

The Taylor dream relies on Mick Taylor being both willing and able to return - both of which are complete unknowns these days.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: August 9, 2022 14:04

Despite their age, the Stones sounded really good once again (I mean the entire Sixty Tour, of course). That would NOT happen, if Ronnie was bad. Ronnie's playing was sufficient or even better, overall. He was doing what he had to do. I judge Ronnie by his general contribution, not by "moments". All musicians have weak moments on stage, Mick included. All musicians, even those who are 40 years younger than the Stones...

Speaking about soloing, yes, we often were hearing bizarre solos on "Tumblin Dice", but I remember that happening, sometimes, even in the 90s. No big deal, for me. On the other hand, I heard adequate solos on "Dead Flowers", "Wild Horses" and personally I liked a lot the solo on the second CYHMK. After all, soloing is partly the inspiration of the moment, that's why some listeners consider a solo as good, while others call it bad.

PS 1 keefriffhards, stop "crycifying" Ronnie in this unfounded manner.

PS 2 It surprises me the fact that some fans want to see Mick Taylor... returning. Folks, he left the band 48 years ago... The Stones became the most popular live act in the music history without him. So, stop believing that
any kind of time machine could bring things in 1974...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:17

Man, cut Ronnie some slack, he's 75 and just overcame his 2nd bout with cancer, and still playing well. Hell I'm 18 years his junior and had Covid 20 months ago and still don't feel fully back.

I thought after seeing Mick Taylor on the 50 and Counting tour playing with him on Midnight Rambler couldn't be beat, then went to see them on the ZIP Code tour and Ronnie's playing on that song blew me away. I became a believer at that point that he's the man (yes, it took a while as I've seen every US tour since '81!).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 18:43 by kovach.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:31

powerage78
They are a nostalgic act.

Perhaps a nostalgia act?

Rod

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 9, 2022 16:55

Hopefully South America

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 17:00 by stargroover.

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: August 9, 2022 18:47

Europe 2023!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 9, 2022 18:50

If they do anything before next summer, the Southern hemisphere will be nice and warm - which seems to suit Keith these days.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:25

No tour in 2023 in Argentina, confirmed by the Argentinean promoter of the 95, 98, 2006 and 2016 shows:
[www.lanacion.com.ar]

Current offers for 2023:
- Asia/Australia
- 10 shows in New York

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:32

thumbs up
erad
keefriffhards speaks like he is Ronnie's personal physician. It's kinda disturbing to be honest, all of this speculation from him regarding his health. Don't you have other things to think about/do with your free time? Seems to be a bit of an unhealthy obsession.

Nobody can possibly know but the people closest to him and his doctors. To me, watching numerous clips, he looked and sounded as fine as any 75 year old who has lived the life he has on stage, which was pretty good! Some pretty iffy solos here and there, but for god's sake, these guys are approaching 80.

As for the comments regarding MT, I will have to disagree with the posters who have said that his Glastonbury Knocking solo was dreadful. I have listened to it countless times and I always enjoy it, the best I have heard Wood play it is the Fonda show, where he seemed to put his own spin on it and not just attempt a pale imitation of the studio version like he did in the past or has done since. His solo was the weak point of the Hyde Park 1 version imo.

That's not to say that all the members haven't deteroiated, they are almost 80 and were in their 70s or approaching them while still touring with Taylor from 2012-2014! MT is never going to sound like he did in '73, neither is Ronnie, or Keith, or even Mick. Not to mention the fact that solos such as what is played on CYHMK have never been Ronnie's strength. There's no denying that he is the glue guy though, and has played some excellent stuff with the band since he joined way back when.

The great thing about music and tastes is that it is subjective, if somebody prefers Wood's interpretations of songs, then great! If others prefer Taylor, then that's also great! No need to get into childish pissing contest over it, we're all grown adults here. Just enjoy what you enjoy!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:44

georgelicks
No tour in 2023 in Argentina, confirmed by the Argentinean promoter of the 95, 98, 2006 and 2016 shows:
[www.lanacion.com.ar]

Current offers for 2023:
- Asia/Australia
- 10 shows in New York

10 shows in NY? MSG?

Date: August 9, 2022 19:54

Hairball
No ifs, ands, or buts about it - they are a nostalgia act.

They are indeed, which is why i was dissapointed this time round. They were certainly not a nostalgia act on licks tour, but i guess that was nearly 20 years ago! How time flies

Date: August 9, 2022 20:09

tiffanyblu
georgelicks
[www.lanacion.com.ar]

Current offers for 2023:
- Asia/Australia
- 10 shows in New York

10 shows in NY? MSG?

Some shows in MSG would be great, maybe on different venues of NYC or even a show in Central Park would be special for the tour thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home