Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 7, 2022 21:48

I can see them staying in the same time zone (within reason) more and more. Jeet lag beats the tar out of me, so I can only imagine tours of a month or so in the same time zone. North America will see a lot of shows on East coast with a minor jaunt west. IF they head to other parts of the world, we must expect them to take a week to 10 days to adapt to each time zone.
I need to see them one or two more times. Hopefully, they'll be in my neck of the woods.
If not, I'll travel....

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 7, 2022 21:51

keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy
I honestly think that a fall tour may be too soon for at least one of the 'big three'. Maybe even more than just one of them.

The Stones are fine. It's some of the fans I'm worried about.

Exactly Dean, and what's especially annoying is the cryptic way posters expect the Stones not to tour soon.

I noticed from your reviews you were very happy with how they delivered this tour to the real fans in spite of covid and cancer, the boys so wanted to deliver this amazing show, the pride that Mick and Keith especially showed in their work leaves us wanting more, why would a real fan pour negativity on that, these are The Stones, three men who do this in spite of low expectations, age and negativity, let them continue to defy expectations.

Nothing cryptic sir. I'm not expecting anything, one way to the other. Simply expressing a point of view. In my OPINION - as someone of a broadly similar age to Mick and Keith - this fall might be a little early. After all that would have them back on the road again in eight/ten weeks. A very short amount of time. But that is simply my feeling - not an enforced perspective, or any kind of directive. Neither trying to tell the band what to do. Or to criticise anyone for a different point of view to my own.

I do think there is an undercurrent of personal criticism and a hint of disrespect in some of the comments posted above. I may be wrong of course. But if I'm not, I really wonder why any discussion here needs to become so abrasive. It is neither necessary or beneficial to this thread, to the IORR site overall, and especially not to the band themselves. Surely equally committed, equally supportive, and equally enthusiastic fans of the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band IN THE WORLD can agree to differ on small issues. After all we are ALL united on the most important point of all. We love The Stones!

If I am wrong in my opinion that this fall will arrive too early for the band, and they DO tour this October & November, AND if you attend any of the gigs, ENJOY!

You still haven't said which two of the three stones you think need a rest, that's crypric.

I have no wish to be cryptic at all. It is certainly not intentional.

Incidentally I am NOT saying that I think anyone needs a rest. What I'm saying is that I think at least one of the big three might WANT a longer rest. Their wish, not mine. I would NEVER presume to say what anyone else should do. Basically it is none of my business, and to pretend otherwise would be disrespectful and impertinent.

So who do I feel might prefer a longer break? In fact it is Ronnie. He has a lot of health issues, although seems to have happily overcome them. There may be some kind of Faces reunion, although details are vague. And he has a very young family too. I would not be surprised if he felt going again before Christmas might be too soon. And Keith might also prefer a longer break. But all of this is one man's opinion. Not any kind of instruction or direction.

I might well be wrong of course. I often am. Whether I am or not matters not one iota. I participate in the various chat threads here because, like Stones fans all over the world, I have ideas, thoughts, views and opinions. These are OFFERED as contributions to the conversations that take place here. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No one amongst my family or friends has the slightest interest in The Stones. IORR is my lifeline to Stonesland. A land where difference is respected, ideas are welcomed, debate is encouraged, and opinions are offered.

Long may it continue.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2022 22:04

Now that the dust has settled and they've finished on a positive note, they could just decide that now might be the right time to ride off in to the sunset gracefully as far as live shows are concerned.
And while they're pondering their next move whether to go for more live shows or not, maybe they can put a bit more focus back in to finishing the long awaited album they always talk about.
Best case scenario - new album followed by a few more live shows. Worst case scenarion - no new album and no more shows. Possible scenario - no new album, but a few more shows.
If they do decide to do more live shows (new album or not), hopefully they can continue the momentum of this last batch of shows for a while longer...the clock is ticking...

Re: Stones tour plans 2023 OT content
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: August 7, 2022 22:28

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy
I honestly think that a fall tour may be too soon for at least one of the 'big three'. Maybe even more than just one of them.

Exactly Dean, and what's especially annoying is the cryptic way posters expect the Stones not to tour soon.

I noticed from your reviews you were very happy with how they delivered this tour to the real fans in spite of covid and cancer, the boys so wanted to deliver this amazing show, the pride that Mick and Keith especially showed in their work leaves us wanting more, why would a real fan pour negativity on that, these are The Stones, three men who do this in spite of low expectations, age and negativity, let them continue to defy expectations.

Nothing cryptic sir. I'm not expecting anything, one way to the other. Simply expressing a point of view. In my OPINION - as someone of a broadly similar age to Mick and Keith - this fall might be a little early. After all that would have them back on the road again in eight/ten weeks. A very short amount of time. But that is simply my feeling - not an enforced perspective, or any kind of directive. Neither trying to tell the band what to do. Or to criticise anyone for a different point of view to my own.

I do think there is an undercurrent of personal criticism and a hint of disrespect in some of the comments posted above. I may be wrong of course. But if I'm not, I really wonder why any discussion here needs to become so abrasive. It is neither necessary or beneficial to this thread, to the IORR site overall, and especially not to the band themselves. Surely equally committed, equally supportive, and equally enthusiastic fans of the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band IN THE WORLD can agree to differ on small issues. After all we are ALL united on the most important point of all. We love The Stones!

If I am wrong in my opinion that this fall will arrive too early for the band, and they DO tour this October & November, AND if you attend any of the gigs, ENJOY!

You still haven't said which two of the three stones you think need a rest, that's crypric.

Incidentally I am NOT saying that I think anyone needs a rest. What I'm saying is that I think at least one of the big three might WANT a longer rest. Their wish, not mine. I would NEVER presume to say what anyone else should do. Basically it is none of my business, and to pretend otherwise would be disrespectful and impertinent.

So who do I feel might prefer a longer break? In fact it is Ronnie. He has a lot of health issues, although seems to have happily overcome them. There may be some kind of Faces reunion, although details are vague. And he has a very young family too. I would not be surprised if he felt going again before Christmas might be too soon. And Keith might also prefer a longer break. But all of this is one man's opinion. Not any kind of instruction or direction.

I might well be wrong of course. I often am. Whether I am or not matters not one iota. I participate in the various chat threads here because, like Stones fans all over the world, I have ideas, thoughts, views and opinions. These are OFFERED as contributions to the conversations that take place here. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No one amongst my family or friends has the slightest interest in The Stones. IORR is my lifeline to Stonesland. A land where difference is respected, ideas are welcomed, debate is encouraged, and opinions are offered.

Long may it continue.

Dear GerardHennessy,

I don‘t very often feel the urge to say so, but: I like your style. I share many your thoughts (as I do with other members opinions), but I like especially how you express them. Thank you!

These are crazy times, health-wise, politically, concerning the Rolling Stones‘ future (or what we think to know or hope about it), for me „personally“ (I think I’m going slightly mad). Maybe that’s why I address you directly. But, again and still: I appreciate the tone and content of your posts. A Harbour in the tempest.

Have a good time, everybody.

Cheers, Fillmore (still under the Waldbühne influence - …, don’t forget to breathe -, followed by a night with war like sounds, an explosion „around the corner“ in the Grunewald, a trip home much longer than expected and the craziness of home sweet freakin home)

Re: Stones tour plans 2023 OT content
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2022 22:56

Fillmore

an explosion „around the corner“ in the Grunewald

Due to a fire on a storage-place where old, found bombs from WWII were scrapped. Happened early morning at 3:24am, railway lines and roads were closed. It also took me much longer than expected to get home.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 7, 2022 23:00

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Long may it continue.

Outstanding post, well thought out Mr. Gerald. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 7, 2022 23:12

keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Agree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-07 23:12 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 7, 2022 23:42

After every single Tour since 2012 it amazes me every time again that fans decide how they should feel physically after a tour.. we simply just don’t know. Maybe they are just more than fit and wants back on the road as soon as they can.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2022 23:47

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Long may it continue.

Cheers to you GerardHennessy. thumbs up
Your posts are always excellent and well thought out whether I agree with them fully or not.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 8, 2022 00:47

Since 2017, their tour schedule has been one tour a year if they do at all. I don’t think they will add another one this year.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 8, 2022 01:33

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Long may it continue.
You have a lovely way about you my friend, a certain je ne sais quoi, i look forward to anything you have to say about the Stones and bless your heart.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 8, 2022 02:03

I just thought of this: In the past, it was mainly Charlie who was reluctant to go out for another tour. He always said, when Mick calls, he's going. So now, it may well still be Mick who decides, with Keith, who is happy playing onstage, and Ronnie going along with it. Of course, as someone mentioned above, both Mick and Ronnie have young children (who were all there on this tour and/or 2021), so, the future is uncertain, unless they have already signed a contract for next year.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 02:06 by angee.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2022 05:17

dont worry Angeeeeee therell be more shows ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 8, 2022 05:49

Rockman

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Rod

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 8, 2022 06:42

Rockman

oh, yeah?
maybe down by you? hmmm.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 8, 2022 07:17

keefriffhards
GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Keith certainly doesn't need to stop, Ronnie and Mick can ill afford to stop, that's how i see it, time is running out, let them carry on if they want to.

Why do you, keefriffhards, take what people say so seriously? Or are you just saying something equivalent to 'if I die smoking weed so be it' because you love smoking weed?

Are you saying "let them" for GerardHennessy's sake or your sake?

And how does that affect you?

Because, as always, The Rolling Stones will do what they do. And if you don't like it, oh well.

Date: August 8, 2022 10:37

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking GasLightStreet,

do i take people too seriously ?, don't know, why would anyone post if they wasn't serious about what they say/ hope for/ expect next/ disagree with etc.

How does it effect me ? look i just post and move on, post and move on, i'd rather not spend time explaining myself if you don't mind.

What do i think ? i'd like to see the Stones continue to tour, i think a year off now would be fatal , the way i see it the only way they can continue is to continue, physically they can still do this because they do this, because they keep going, to take a long rest now would be the end because of their ages, that's what i think, if someone else thinks they need a rest then that's cool by me. As you say Mick and Keith will do what they decide to do, i would go further and say Mick and Keith will do what Mick decides to do. winking smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 8, 2022 14:34

keefriffhards

do i take people too seriously ?, don't know, why would anyone post if they wasn't serious about what they say/ hope for/ expect next/ disagree with etc.

How does it effect me ? look i just post and move on, post and move on, i'd rather not spend time explaining myself if you don't mind.

What do i think ? i'd like to see the Stones continue to tour, i think a year off now would be fatal , the way i see it the only way they can continue is to continue, physically they can still do this because they do this, because they keep going, to take a long rest now would be the end because of their ages, that's what i think, if someone else thinks they need a rest then that's cool by me. As you say Mick and Keith will do what they decide to do, i would go further and say Mick and Keith will do what Mick decides to do. winking smiley

I think a year off would be too long as well. Very hard to get back up in the saddle after a year. I'm still not sure they will want to tour this fall. But maybe something in early 2023? That is around 20 weeks from now. Were it not for Christmas they might be ready to roll in early December. But I really can't see them splitting a tour either side of Christmas and New Year.

But what the heck do I know? My family would answer, resoundingly, 'Nothing' So they might be back out there next week for all I know. And as you say so wisely, they will do 'what Mick decides to do'...

Date: August 8, 2022 15:04

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards

I think a year off would be too long as well. Very hard to get back up in the saddle after a year. I'm still not sure they will want to tour this fall. But maybe something in early 2023? That is around 20 weeks from now. Were it not for Christmas they might be ready to roll in early December. But I really can't see them splitting a tour either side of Christmas and New Year.

But what the heck do I know? My family would answer, resoundingly, 'Nothing' So they might be back out there next week for all I know. And as you say so wisely, they will do 'what Mick decides to do'...

Thinking about it rationally now without my own selfish wants it's obvious they will want a break until after the new year, i was just gutted that Keith finally made a huge breakthrough in Berlin and then it's over.

I agree with you , early 2003 would be more realistic.thumbs up

I think it unlikely Keith would do some shows with the Winos, ( don't ask me why but we can dream and Keith finally seems good enough to pull off that task now for the first time in years ) as Steve is the Stones drummer now and as with all things in life it gets political if you see what i mean.winking smiley

Date: August 8, 2022 15:08

<Keith finally made a huge breakthrough in Berlin and then it's over>

What happened in HP1, then? smiling smiley

On both the shows I attended (HP1 and Stockholm) Keith was great.

Date: August 8, 2022 16:05

DandelionPowderman

What happened in HP1, then? smiling smiley

On both the shows I attended (HP1 and Stockholm) Keith was great.

He was great the whole tour with the exception of Amsterdam ( rumour had it he was sick the morning of the show and they almost cancelled ) but when it came to Berlin he was just a powerhouse, playing more than i've seen him in 20 years, i don't think he played better that tour, Ronnie too raised his game as did Mick, that's just how i see it, i was only at HP2 so i could be wrong, most agree Berlin was a bit special.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: August 8, 2022 16:10

keefriffhards
He was great the whole tour with the exception of Amsterdam

I enjoyed Keith's performance in Amsterdam greatly, he seemed very focused on the task at hand.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 8, 2022 16:12

It's been tough for me to attend since 2019.
I had tix for Liverpool and both Hyde Park Shows.
A serious back injury prevented travel across the pond. Not sure if I'd be able to stand the 2+ hours for each show.
My balance is dodgy as well and I ran the risk of being trampled, had I fallen.
Bring on 2023! I'll have nade a full recovery!

Date: August 8, 2022 16:18

skytrench
keefriffhards

I enjoyed Keith's performance in Amsterdam greatly, he seemed very focused on the task at hand.

It was said he didn't move much but played well.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 8, 2022 16:37

keefriffhards
skytrench
keefriffhards

He hardly moved but played well (and we come to hear him play in the first place not to see him move, don't we?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 16:38 by slewan.

Date: August 8, 2022 16:40

slewan
keefriffhards
skytrench
keefriffhards

He hardly moved but played well (and we come to hear him play in the first place not to see him move, don't we?)

Absolutely not, love Keith doing his moves.

That like saying we come to hear Mick sing not move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 16:42 by keefriffhards.

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Date: August 8, 2022 16:46

Justin
80 year old men in 30 or 40 degree weather is not a good idea.

Some might say 80 year old men in any weather is a bas idea.

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Date: August 8, 2022 16:48

Captain Jack Sparrow
Justin
80 year old men in 30 or 40 degree weather is not a good idea.

Some might say 80 year old men in any weather is a bas idea.

As Keith would say its nice to be here, it's nice to be here in any weather.winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 8, 2022 17:46

keefriffhards
slewan
keefriffhards
skytrench
keefriffhards

Absolutely not, love Keith doing his moves.

That like saying we come to hear Mick sing not move.

yeah not really. Keith moving is a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'.

not no new tour...
Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: August 8, 2022 18:09

i think they have to be first finish the album...you know..there are a lot unfinished tracks with charlie on drums! That's fact I mean...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home