Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 6, 2022 19:52

Yes yes yes, in addition to playing North America, South America, middle of f***ing nowhere America, Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, they could also play the moon, Mars, and Pluto !!

I'm sure they'll put us out of our misery soon enough, and actually let us know !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:03

As long as the surprise gig warm-up show is in Alaska.. I’ll never give up hope, never.. smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:03

mailexile67
They could make a "miscellaneous Tour" Between February and April with 16/18 giga or so withJapan x4, Aussie/NZ x5, Argentina x3, Brazil x3, Chile x1 and Mexico x2...They've many options

They do not want to travel that much. Just check the miles on such a tour. Even Japan and Australia on the same tour is stretching the travel limits.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:21

georgelicks
River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is there ready for 3-4 shows next year, or as soon as they can come up with a plan, probably including Sao Paulo, Mexico City and a few ones in USA.

They can sell out 5 or more shows in Argentina in a day, the demand is very high, Coldplay sold out 10 shows in record time, Harry Styles 3 shows in a single day, the problem is the 3 days off between shows, they can't book the River Plate stadium during two weeks for 3-4 shows only.

It is all a matter of price. And time. Coldplay do 10 shows in 15 days in Buenos Aires. The Rolling Stones pay for the venue, 16-20 days for four shows, the ticket prices will be higher, but they will do four shows or so at River Plate whenever the rest of that part of a tour could be ready.

The main challenge is the fact that the entire world want to have The Rolling Stones coming to do shows, but they do not play that many shows per year these days.

Harry styles is 28 years old. Chris Martin of Coldplay is 45. Mick is 79. Keith is 78. The Stones did 100+ shows per year 20-30 years ago, not anymore.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 20:22 by bv.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:22

While a visit in Australia and Asia is long overdue, I think logistics and risks of such tour are too tough to handle.

- Part of Asia is still closed due to Covid restrictions - Japan hasn't fully reopen yet.
- Australia and NZ had very tight set of restrictions - that can be reimposed if another variant or virus emerges.
- Distances travelling between Asia and Australia are long - 10h flight time between Tokyo and Sydney, 7h Tokyo to Singapore - and time zone changes. That could be hard to handle physically by the guys almost in their 80-ies.
- Logistics also expensive - only transport via air is possible in many cases.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:26

It would be nice to see them play here, there, or anywhere...
And to see Mick turn 80 while out on the road somewhere would be amazing. And then Keith turning 80, followed by Ronnie turning 80....
Then eventually the SEVENTY Tour in 2032...and maybe a new album by then finally!!! Just about anything's possible...thumbs up

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: August 6, 2022 21:48

Sticking with my former outline: Maybe two more years to/ through 2024 (if all 3 main members stay healthy) for a continuation of the 60+ years celebration. This summer in Eurpose was celebrating 60 years from July 12, 1962 1st public 'concert.' Next year would be 60 years from when Charlie joined the band in Jan. 1963 and also their first singles released later in 1963. And 2024 would be 60 years from their 1st album release in 1964.

Japan / Australia etc. tour early in 2023 (1st quarter 2023)

South America tour Fall (Sept. - Nov.) 2023.

'New' and final studio album finally released in Spring 2024 (60 years from their 1st album release) to be titled "CapStone" or "CapStones!" followed by US / North America 'CapStone(s)' Tour late spring / early summer 2024, wrapping up with a mini (maybe more than a mini) UK Tour mid-late summer 2024 (with final few shows in London).

Purely fictional/ fun projecting from my end!

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: August 6, 2022 22:44

Would really like to see a show at River Plate. Was it possible to get the tickets from Europe last time around?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 6, 2022 23:47

Some people clearly fantasising for fun about what might happen next. But a lot of unrealistic rumour-mongering, and claims about inside information too.

As someone who is also in his 70s and counting I'm astounded by some of the expectations written here. I'm not claiming to be as fit as Mick, or as road-hardened as Ronnie & Keith, but I'm in good shape from running, cycling and swimming, and I would seriously struggle to travel as far, and as frequently, as some people here expect of the band.

The Stones have done 28 concerts in the last year or so. All across North America and Europe. They have covered thousands of miles, dealt with illness, bereavement and God knows what else.Yes they are blessed with remarkable longevity. And remarkable resilience. But any suggestions that they either could, or should, tour Australia and other countries in that region this fall is completely unrealistic.

One thing I have learned from my own ageing process is how the recovery phase takes much longer each year. One ages much more rapidly every year after turning 75 than one ever did previously.

Lets just be glad we still have them, and take whatever we get with gratitude and grace.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 7, 2022 00:44

GerardHennessy
Some people clearly fantasising for fun about what might happen next. But a lot of unrealistic rumour-mongering, and claims about inside information too.

As someone who is also in his 70s and counting I'm astounded by some of the expectations written here. I'm not claiming to be as fit as Mick, or as road-hardened as Ronnie & Keith, but I'm in good shape from running, cycling and swimming, and I would seriously struggle to travel as far, and as frequently, as some people here expect of the band.

The Stones have done 28 concerts in the last year or so. All across North America and Europe. They have covered thousands of miles, dealt with illness, bereavement and God knows what else.Yes they are blessed with remarkable longevity. And remarkable resilience. But any suggestions that they either could, or should, tour Australia and other countries in that region this fall is completely unrealistic.

One thing I have learned from my own ageing process is how the recovery phase takes much longer each year. One ages much more rapidly every year after turning 75 than one ever did previously.

Lets just be glad we still have them, and take whatever we get with gratitude and grace.

Great post! smiling smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 7, 2022 00:47

I guess the easiest options for them will be:

1. Europe pt. 2
2. United States & Canada + maybe Mexico
3. South America + Mexico

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 7, 2022 00:50

wickerman
While a visit in Australia and Asia is long overdue, I think logistics and risks of such tour are too tough to handle.

- Part of Asia is still closed due to Covid restrictions - Japan hasn't fully reopen yet.
- Australia and NZ had very tight set of restrictions - that can be reimposed if another variant or virus emerges.
- Distances travelling between Asia and Australia are long - 10h flight time between Tokyo and Sydney, 7h Tokyo to Singapore - and time zone changes. That could be hard to handle physically by the guys almost in their 80-ies.

Actually, I just flew from Tokyo to the UK and flight time was over 15 hours to avoid Russian airspace! Return is easier because if the Earth’s rotation.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 7, 2022 01:10

I'm rooting for Europe pt. 2.

Would love shows in Marseille, Stuttgart, London, and why not Paris again (Stade de France, that new Arena U/Naterre arena, or even Longchamps again)

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 7, 2022 01:18

GerardHennessy

100%. Their resilience and enthusiasm for touring after all this time is astonishing but the expectations of men - two of whom will be in their 80th year by 2023 - are ridiculous. Expect nothing and be grateful for what has been and thankful if there turns out to be more.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 7, 2022 01:27

I really don’t think Europe will happen next year

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 7, 2022 01:33

GerardHennessy

The voice of reason. (Yet another) Excellent post sir. thumbs up.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 7, 2022 04:49

Lady Jayne
GerardHennessy

100%. Their resilience and enthusiasm for touring after all this time is astonishing but the expectations of men - two of whom will be in their 80th year by 2023 - are ridiculous. Expect nothing and be grateful for what has been and thankful if there turns out to be more.

My father in law is 78. He'll be 79 in December. It's come to his attention that somewhere in the early 80s life takes a nose dive in quality. Because it just does after 81 or 82 for most people.

The Stones, I suppose specifically Mick and Keith, both who have had health issues extremely recently and somewhat recently, have truly pushed the age envelope of what they do. Ronnie isn't far behind regardless of what he's gone through. They're still and always will be younger than Bob Dylan and, of course, Willie Nelson.

Mick isn't magical. He's just taken good care of himself. But someday soon he will actually be mortal. Keith has already dipped into it a little bit.

That's just life.

But goddamn, going back to 1981 and then 1989 and then again in 1994 when they were considered really old... what a joke! Pioneers? Maybe. It depends on who else "follows in their footsteps". How long will U2 go on? Pearl Jam? Metallica? On and on and on.

The Stones keep going. But it really is at the end. Age may not be the reason why they stop - it might be too expensive to do 14 or 17 shows a year.

They're done for 2022. Sometime next year, if they go on tour, they will all feel different than they do today, August 6 of 2022.

Just like we all will.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 7, 2022 05:44

I'd go further and say Mick has essentially been in intense training almost all his life, with diet and exercise, not to mention voice and movement coaching. I think he's gone beyond just taking "good care of himself." Keith had the head injury accident and long-time addictions to alcohol, cigarettes, and possibly more.

I agree that the two "have truly pushed the age envelope of what they do" and that "Ronnie isn't far behind regardless of what he's gone through." Ronnie has come through two bouts of cancer, quitting smoking cigarettes of late.

Grateful for what they've been able to do and give to us, I think they've got at least another tour in them. But, as Mick said during the Las Vegas show hours after he found out his father had died in London, "You never know."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2022 06:23

Perhaps a Keith solo tour is more realistic - small theaters only in a select few cities in the US.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 7, 2022 06:27

The reality we all can hope for something, anything and then make the personal decision whether to go or not. If they can tour, they will but sh!t happens too and right now they are just enjoying not being on tour I would think.

I helped just put an uncle in hospice who is 80. He fell, two or three nights before the first night of Hyde Park and has been in and out of the ICU since with no prospect of recovery. When I saw him in May he was going to live to 100. That's the reality of being 80.

If its a tour south of the equator we will here relatively soon, if it's Europe or North America we will not hear until 2023. Until then let's just enjoy the memories of the tour for those lucky enough to attend.

If we are lucky to get another tour count me in for a few weeks of it like this tour.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2022 13:21

If the touring continues: Do it now! Who knows what the situation might be next year? You can't postpone things a year ahead at their age. Next summer the may not be able to tour.
Take a well deserved break and do a fall tour. When Sir Michael turns 80 - call it a day and stop.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 7, 2022 13:42

I think the Stones tour because they love (or are addicted to) playing together before a live audience.

They do not have to tour to do this.

I could see them playing in smaller indoor venues (which is how they played as they rose to fame) in one location and possibly linking this in with some sort of TV broadcast.

I do not mean a Las Vegas type residency.

Almost like a live Ready Steady Go situation in somewhere like The Paradiso, Amsterdam.

There is mileage in this.

Date: August 7, 2022 15:03

Stoneage
If the touring continues: Do it now! Who knows what the situation might be next year? You can't postpone things a year ahead at their age. Next summer the may not be able to tour.
Take a well deserved break and do a fall tour. When Sir Michael turns 80 - call it a day and stop.

I don't think it is a question of postponement for the sake of it. I think it depends on how much recovery time they need. It will vary for each of the main players. I honestly think that a fall tour may be too soon for at least one of the 'big three'. Maybe even more than just one of them.

It is now August. Unless they do a tour that straddles Christmas, which is highly unlikely, they would need to be on the road again by mid-October. Barely two months from now.

That is really pushing things, even if they tour in Western Europe...

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: August 7, 2022 15:26

Hi folks,
i thought month ago that they maybe do more shows next year ...first of all Japan&
Argentina...but a more concerts in Europe and USA i can't believe and I hope they don't ....we have so many tours with 'the best of'...
It would better, they do complete the New album...and then maybe on tour!! That would be best for us all I mean!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 7, 2022 18:26

wickerman

Yes, Australia HAD tight restrictions. Now you don’t even need to be vaccinated to be able to come. There are no restrictions here now (except unless you want to visit Aged Care facilities). So that’s a furphy.

Time zone changes between Asia and Australia are nothing compared to Europe v US. That’s a furphy too.

Logistics? Given the current tour stage no problem there either. So, that’s a furphy also.

Rod

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 7, 2022 18:46

GerardHennessy
I honestly think that a fall tour may be too soon for at least one of the 'big three'. Maybe even more than just one of them.

The Stones are fine. It's some of the fans I'm worried about.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 7, 2022 19:27

DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy
I honestly think that a fall tour may be too soon for at least one of the 'big three'. Maybe even more than just one of them.

Exactly Dean, and what's especially annoying is the cryptic way posters expect the Stones not to tour soon.

I noticed from your reviews you were very happy with how they delivered this tour to the real fans in spite of covid and cancer, the boys so wanted to deliver this amazing show, the pride that Mick and Keith especially showed in their work leaves us wanting more, why would a real fan pour negativity on that, these are The Stones, three men who do this in spite of low expectations, age and negativity, let them continue to defy expectations.

Date: August 7, 2022 19:58

keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Exactly Dean, and what's especially annoying is the cryptic way posters expect the Stones not to tour soon.

I noticed from your reviews you were very happy with how they delivered this tour to the real fans in spite of covid and cancer, the boys so wanted to deliver this amazing show, the pride that Mick and Keith especially showed in their work leaves us wanting more, why would a real fan pour negativity on that, these are The Stones, three men who do this in spite of low expectations, age and negativity, let them continue to defy expectations.

Nothing cryptic sir. I'm not expecting anything, one way to the other. Simply expressing a point of view. In my OPINION - as someone of a broadly similar age to Mick and Keith - this fall might be a little early. After all that would have them back on the road again in eight/ten weeks. A very short amount of time. But that is simply my feeling - not an enforced perspective, or any kind of directive. Neither trying to tell the band what to do. Or to criticise anyone for a different point of view to my own.

I do think there is an undercurrent of personal criticism and a hint of disrespect in some of the comments posted above. I may be wrong of course. But if I'm not, I really wonder why any discussion here needs to become so abrasive. It is neither necessary or beneficial to this thread, to the IORR site overall, and especially not to the band themselves. Surely equally committed, equally supportive, and equally enthusiastic fans of the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band IN THE WORLD can agree to differ on small issues. After all we are ALL united on the most important point of all. We love The Stones!

If I am wrong in my opinion that this fall will arrive too early for the band, and they DO tour this October & November, AND if you attend any of the gigs, ENJOY!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 7, 2022 20:40

This fall ????? Give me a break. I just recovered from a great (and hot) show at the Waldbuhne in Berlin. My 74 years young legs are still killing me. Also, my wallet is a bit flat now, so needs to swell up "a bit".
Some have already asked me if they can join me to Japan next Spring ... while I'm still discussing the option with my wife to finally her family there again after a three years absence due to surgery, corona, corona and corona. Do I seriously have to reserve a lounge for her, by then, 100 years "young" mother?
How about Australia? We flew over from Europe twice in 2014 to twice miss the Hanging Rock concert that year. But winter will approach that part of the world soon, so the Stones can't go there this year anymore.
Then we have Latin America ... but what can beat an "out of this world" amazing show in La Plata, Buenos Aires? Not even mentioning the massive Havana Moon free concert in Cuba? Does any of you Latino fans have a suggestion in case they decide to go Latin America this upcoming winter?

For the time being I just got the, only recently ordered, El Mocambo CDs to take care off. I don't want to think any further right now, but ... will follow this thread for sure.
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 7, 2022 21:09

GerardHennessy
keefriffhards
DeanGoodman
GerardHennessy

Nothing cryptic sir. I'm not expecting anything, one way to the other. Simply expressing a point of view. In my OPINION - as someone of a broadly similar age to Mick and Keith - this fall might be a little early. After all that would have them back on the road again in eight/ten weeks. A very short amount of time. But that is simply my feeling - not an enforced perspective, or any kind of directive. Neither trying to tell the band what to do. Or to criticise anyone for a different point of view to my own.

I do think there is an undercurrent of personal criticism and a hint of disrespect in some of the comments posted above. I may be wrong of course. But if I'm not, I really wonder why any discussion here needs to become so abrasive. It is neither necessary or beneficial to this thread, to the IORR site overall, and especially not to the band themselves. Surely equally committed, equally supportive, and equally enthusiastic fans of the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band IN THE WORLD can agree to differ on small issues. After all we are ALL united on the most important point of all. We love The Stones!

If I am wrong in my opinion that this fall will arrive too early for the band, and they DO tour this October & November, AND if you attend any of the gigs, ENJOY!

You still haven't said which two of the three stones you think need a rest, that's crypric.

Keith certainly doesn't need to stop, Ronnie and Mick can ill afford to stop, that's how i see it, time is running out, let them carry on if they want to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-07 22:07 by keefriffhards.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home