Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 123
Re: Aussie Tour 23 cool smiley
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:22

Good. Was wondering when this would come up. Will make Rockee and Rod happy.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:35

That sounds awesome hope it happens.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 1, 2022 07:29

Count me in. Australia and NZ definitely on my list.

Re: Aussie Tour 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:17

Hey yeah ..... bring it on .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:34

shattered
Good. Was wondering when this would come up. Will make Rockee and Rod happy.

Ken Oath. You bewdy!

Rod

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:40

daspyknows

Yeah, come to my town …..
thumbs up

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:54

Sounds awesome. Do any of you think the Stones could possibly ever perform in South Africa again? If they are in the same hemisphere it would be a great couple of shows to add on at the beautiful Cape Town stadium?

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:00

There's an Ashes tour coming up in November/December this year .
Maybe half a dozen gigs around that time to catch the cricket.

Date: August 1, 2022 13:10

welshphil

What? No there isn't. The next Ashes series will be in England next year, the next Ashes in Australia will be November-January 2024/25

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:13

Was hearing NZ yesterday at the show as well. Which obviously would not mean NZ only.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:38

Travman87
welshphil

What? No there isn't. The next Ashes series will be in England next year, the next Ashes in Australia will be November-January 2024/25
Oops my mistake..

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:49

No Ashes but the 20/20 world cup is in Aus

The 2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup is scheduled to be the eighth ICC Men's T20 World Cup tournament, [3] scheduled to be played in October and November 2022 in Australia. Dates: 16 October – 13 November 2022

Date: August 1, 2022 13:54

ukcal
No Ashes but the 20/20 world cup is in Aus

The 2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup is scheduled to be the eighth ICC Men's T20 World Cup tournament, [3] scheduled to be played in October and November 2022 in Australia. Dates: 16 October – 13 November 2022

Ah yes, that is true. Oct/November would be way too soon for the Stones to tour again though i think.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:52

Travman87
Sounds awesome. Do any of you think the Stones could possibly ever perform in South Africa again? If they are in the same hemisphere it would be a great couple of shows to add on at the beautiful Cape Town stadium?

talk about waiting long enough

be cool if the could play a couple dates in sub-saharan africa before they stop touring

really is the final frontier for them they've played every were else

it would also make a great ole! style documentary

but would it be feasible?

is there a fan base outside of south africa wealthy and large enough to justify a stadium tour?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 16:57 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:05

midimannz
daspyknows

thumbs up

I'd love to. A number of years ago I had plans to do a Ben Harper tour. Tickets, airfare etc. and it was cancelled 2 weeks before. Waiting for another chance to go.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 06:56

daspyknows
midimannz
daspyknows

thumbs up

I'd love to. A number of years ago I had plans to do a Ben Harper tour. Tickets, airfare etc. and it was cancelled 2 weeks before. Waiting for another chance to go.

C’mon down man. I’d buy ya a beer in PERTH.

Rod

Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: August 6, 2022 13:28

Its sticky. We all know what that means

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2022 13:31

Deathgod
Local radio station in Melbourne has a popular ‘rumours’ segment. They are generally on the money.
Anyways this morning they announced a rumour for Aussie shows in 23.
Anyone else hearing rumours ?
If it happens I’m tipping Feb- April
Japan, Aus and NZ

This sounds like a good rumour. They have not toured Australia since 2014. They may do 6 shows or so, including the 2x canceled show in Hanging Rock, plus NZ. Then, if Japan is finished with Covid rules, they could add 4 shows or so in Japan, and a couple of more shows in the region. Lots of fans in Jakarta for a start.

Or may be they just do it simple, Australia and Tokyo... I did not see many fans and friends from Japan on tour in USA last year, or in Europe this year. I bet Japanese fans are super ready for a number of shows, just like fans in Australia and NZ.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 6, 2022 13:33

that bv's got time on his hands now to put together our scatter brains threads about shows in 2023?winking smiley

and now i have time to search youtube for new stones related content not about the 2022 tourgrinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2022 13:46

USA was toured in 2019 and 2021, so they have covered most of the immediate need for shows there. Sure they can tour USA any time, but still, they seem to have some sort of distribution model when making plans, not just a money making plan. To make money they could move into Las Vegas, New York or Los Angeles, but they are not that kind of a band.

Mick and Ronnie have got small children, may be they want a normal life for them, including school and friends, not just hotel rooms. What kind of life is it to stay 2-3 months in a hotel room in Las Vegas for a child?

Europe was just 50% covered this summer. They missed out on Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Prague, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Bern, Glasgow, Lisbon, Rome, Zagreb, and then they need to add more London, so another tour in Europe would be natural at some time.

River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is there ready for 3-4 shows next year, or as soon as they can come up with a plan, probably including Sao Paulo, Mexico City and a few ones in USA.

They may rest up, call it quits, and say THANK YOU - DANKE - like they did on the screen now. Keith did make some hints in Berlin, like "Who knows what will happen". Or they may sign up for more shows and tours. I think they are talking about this as we speak now, then we will know more later this year.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 13:47 by bv.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 13:46

Well practically there last show was on 2020. Together at home with Charlie Watts. The 60th tour was good. Keith Richards pulled it up. But Charlie is missing. I feel they should wrap up. The guys are 79 years.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:11

I don't think they will ever play China again.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:23

As long as they are healthy and able to do what they enjoy they should continue to play if they enjoy it. They Don't need to sit in a old folks home.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:37

bv
USA was toured in 2019 and 2021, so they have covered most of the immediate need for shows there. Sure they can tour USA any time, but still, they seem to have some sort of distribution model when making plans, not just a money making plan. To make money they could move into Las Vegas, New York or Los Angeles, but they are not that kind of a band.

Mick and Ronnie have got small children, may be they want a normal life for them, including school and friends, not just hotel rooms. What kind of life is it to stay 2-3 months in a hotel room in Las Vegas for a child?

Europe was just 50% covered this summer. They missed out on Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Prague, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Bern, Glasgow, Lisbon, Rome, Zagreb, and then they need to add more London, so another tour in Europe would be natural at some time.

River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is there ready for 3-4 shows next year, or as soon as they can come up with a plan, probably including Sao Paulo, Mexico City and a few ones in USA.

They may rest up, call it quits, and say THANK YOU - DANKE - like they did on the screen now. Keith did make some hints in Berlin, like "Who knows what will happen". Or they may sign up for more shows and tours. I think they are talking about this as we speak now, then we will know more later this year.

I understood Keith' remark not so much as a hint about the band's future plans but rather as referring to the currant political situations and its uncertainities
(no, I don't want to discuss politics)

Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 6, 2022 14:59

PatrickS77
... Americans are not only greedy, they also lack an attention span that let's 'em read a p

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2022 17:23

daspyknows
treaclefingers
daspyknows
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

i really think a "mini tour" of africa would really be something

they've played almost everywhere else

i also understand that it's never gonna happen

but just out of curiosity could someone who is more knowledgeable explain the issues with this idea?

is there a fan base large enough outside of south africa and the infrastructure to support a stadium tour?

do we have any african members here who would like a show in there home countries?

and if we do sorry for ahead of time for referring to all of africa like it's just one big country and south africa

From an American who has actually been to countries in Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) don't even go there. The reasons for them not hitting the continent are pretty obvious. Money and logistics. For anyone who has actually traveled around the world they realize borders are a problem. They use trucks and each border is a bottleneck.

The money part is also a dealbreaker. When a single Stones ticket is more than the countries median income the financials will not support it especially when the logistics costs are even higher. NO insurance company will underwrite the tour. That is as important and the band's wishes on where to play.

Other than a desire to not play 'Sun City', and sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge on this but why is South Africa off the table?

a lot of effort and little money for one show. unless its a free show where someone is willing to pay to make it happen who isn't going to cause bad publicity there is no reason to do it.

I guess I understand that. I don't know what went into making Cuba happen then, financially, or Rio. Maybe those were more for 'marketing' purposes or they had someone underwriting the costs?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 6, 2022 17:51

treaclefingers
daspyknows

a lot of effort and little money for one show. unless its a free show where someone is willing to pay to make it happen who isn't going to cause bad publicity there is no reason to do it.

I guess I understand that. I don't know what went into making Cuba happen then, financially, or Rio. Maybe those were more for 'marketing' purposes or they had someone underwriting the costs?

I'm not saying it could have been Barack but something to do with Barack

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 18:46

I think 6/7 gigs in Aussie/NZ and 6/7 in Japan or 5/6 in Aussie/NZ, 3/4 in Japan and then Bangkok, Singapore, Jakarta and Seoul.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 6, 2022 18:50

They can sell out 5 or more shows in Argentina in a day, the demand is very high, Coldplay sold out 10 shows in record time, Harry Styles 3 shows in a single day, the problem is the 3 days off between shows, they can't book the River Plate stadium during two weeks for 3-4 shows only.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 18:52

They could make a "miscellaneous Tour" Between February and April with 16/18 giga or so withJapan x4, Aussie/NZ x5, Argentina x3, Brazil x3, Chile x1 and Mexico x2...They've many options

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home