Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 123
Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 4, 2022 17:54

I really hope they continue because Mick and Keith are just performing to good to stop now, and they are happy doing it, that's the thing, they seem to love it more than ever, in the words of the Keith song HOW CAN I STOP.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:07

NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley
2023 : Europe
2024 : USA
2025 : Australia/ NZ- Japan
2026 : USA
2027 : Europe

As soon as the tour is over I want more concerts and I dream of a show in London in 2030. It doesn't matter how old they are!

Why would they USA, before they do Europe again? eye rolling smiley Americans are as greedy as the Stones.

It says 2023 Europe. That’s next year. Before USA 2024. Americans may be greedy, but most know that 2023 comes before 2024. winking smiley

Yes. And then it says someplace else and then USA again and only after that a return to Europe (by which time probably another Stone might be dead). Americans are not only greedy, they also lack an attention span that let's 'em read a post until the end. winking smiley

Nah. Your response was confusing. Admit that at least.

No. It was not. You just didn't read until the end. The only thing I will admit is, that I misred 2023 as 2022. But if you quote me on that I will deny I ever admitted that. winking smiley I think I need glasses.

smileys with beer

I read it all. The 2022/23 confusion was the issue. No biggie!

But regadless, it still stands:
Europe > USA > whatever > Europe > USA is the order of things. Not
Europe > USA > whatever > USA > Europe
that is sneaky by the poster who suggested that. winking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:17

ProfessorWolf
doitywoik
There's a rumour they might be working on a new album.

come on if your gonna make stuff up at least make it believablewinking smiley

Just fooling around a bit ... LOL smileys with beer

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:22

To be honest i don't expect anything. Every new tour or album (maybe new or archival) is bonus for me. They owe us nothing so i'm happy with everything what they announce or will release

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:27

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

i really think a "mini tour" of africa would really be something

they've played almost everywhere else

i also understand that it's never gonna happen

but just out of curiosity could someone who is more knowledgeable explain the issues with this idea?

is there a fan base large enough outside of south africa and the infrastructure to support a stadium tour?

do we have any african members here who would like a show in there home countries?

and if we do sorry for ahead of time for referring to all of africa like it's just one big country and south africa

From an American who has actually been to countries in Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) don't even go there. The reasons for them not hitting the continent are pretty obvious. Money and logistics. For anyone who has actually traveled around the world they realize borders are a problem. They use trucks and each border is a bottleneck.

The money part is also a dealbreaker. When a single Stones ticket is more than the countries median income the financials will not support it especially when the logistics costs are even higher. NO insurance company will underwrite the tour. That is as important and the band's wishes on where to play.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2022 19:18

daspyknows
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

but just out of curiosity could someone who is more knowledgeable explain the issues with this idea?

is there a fan base large enough outside of south africa and the infrastructure to support a stadium tour?

do we have any african members here who would like a show in there home countries?

and if we do sorry for ahead of time for referring to all of africa like it's just one big country and south africa

From an American who has actually been to countries in Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) don't even go there. The reasons for them not hitting the continent are pretty obvious. Money and logistics. For anyone who has actually traveled around the world they realize borders are a problem. They use trucks and each border is a bottleneck.

The money part is also a dealbreaker. When a single Stones ticket is more than the countries median income the financials will not support it especially when the logistics costs are even higher. NO insurance company will underwrite the tour. That is as important and the band's wishes on where to play.

Other than a desire to not play 'Sun City', and sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge on this but why is South Africa off the table?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:06

My prediction

- South America Feb./March 2023
- Asia/Aussie/NZ Oct./Nov. 2023
Or a "Miscellaneous Tour" of 20 gigs in Feb./Aprile 2023 Japan/China/Aussie/NZ/Argentina/Brazil/Chile/Colombia/Mexico
And US/Canada major cities in the fall
Then Europa again in 2024

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:13

mailexile67
My prediction

Or a "Miscellaneous Tour" of 20 gigs in Feb./Aprile 2023 Japan/China/Aussie/NZ/Argentina/Brazil/Chile/Colombia/Mexico

2024 is far, far away. Mick is 81 years old then. Let’s hope they’ll still Tour in 2023 in the first place. My bets are on South America.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:16

A Cuba type of show in one specific African country would not be unthinkable. Sheer will could pull it off. They were also in Bangalore. You could begin by figuring out well ahead of time the country where most Africans would be actually able to travel to (borders etc) given the incentive of seeing a free Stones concert. They would be the ones who'd need to know in advance. But thinking about that even in 2016 would already be different. Sadly we don't have a proper sense of urgency when it comes to Africa.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:23

Plus the lean touring machine we've seen last month seems to be much dependent on infrastructure provided locally

Date: August 4, 2022 21:17

Talk in town is def australia japan

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: August 4, 2022 21:20

Oriongalaxy
petewasbristol
End of February 2023 start.

Tokyo x 3
Seoul
Bangkok
Singapore
Australia and New Zealand x 9

That's my prediction for the start of 2023.

(Un)fortunatelly you are wrong.

Happy to be wrong as it make Europe leg two more possible for next Summer. Roll on Cardiff again...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 4, 2022 21:26

treaclefingers
daspyknows
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

Other than a desire to not play 'Sun City', and sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge on this but why is South Africa off the table?

a lot of effort and little money for one show. unless its a free show where someone is willing to pay to make it happen who isn't going to cause bad publicity there is no reason to do it.

2023 rumours
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2022 00:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 00:49 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:00

daspyknows
treaclefingers
daspyknows
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

a lot of effort and little money for one show. unless its a free show where someone is willing to pay to make it happen who isn't going to cause bad publicity there is no reason to do it.

thank you dapsy i didn't even consider the issue of getting the trucks thru all those borders

and the biggest hurdle of insurance

but if they where gonna but on a cuba style show in africa where would be the best place to put it on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 01:37 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:19

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

That'll never happen.

Rock acts don't tour Africa (South Africa aside, and even those are few and far between)

The infrastructure required to put on a tour isn't there. There is no money in it as the continent is too poor and there isn't the fanbase either.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:22

Gazza
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

That'll never happen.

Rock acts don't tour Africa (South Africa aside, and even those are few and far between)

The infrastructure required to put on a tour isn't there. There is no money in it as the continent is too poor and there isn't the fanbase either.

At least the people who show up won't complain about the setlist.

Wait, the people complaining about the setlists aren't at the shows anyway.

Now curious about the logistics and behind the scenes of Eric Clapton's 1980's African tour and Amnesty 1988.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:28

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
treaclefingers
daspyknows
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

thank you dapsy i didn't even consider the issue of getting the trucks thru all those borders

and the biggest hurdle of insurance

but if they where gonna but on a cuba style show in africa where would be the best place to put it on?

I would say that place would be in Cairo, Egypt, near the pyramids in Giza. The Red Hot Chili Peppers played there a few years ago, so something that could happen as a one off date.

Otherwise perhaps South Africa could be done at the end of a tour leg taking in South Asia or a return to Abu Dhabi.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:36

mailexile67
My prediction

They can't tour South America with 3 days off between shows, it cost a lot of money for the promoters, Australia/Japan is more economically feasible and the band wants to tour there again after 8 years, that's the word on the industry...

My bets, if they tour again next year, nothing is signed yet:

50% Australia/Japan/Asia (February/April 2023)
40% Europe (Summer 2023)
10% South America

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 5, 2022 12:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I've a good feeling there will be an Aust/NZ tour,when do you think they will announce it

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: August 5, 2022 12:17

colonial
PaintMonkeyManBlack
I've a good feeling there will be an Aust/NZ tour,when do you think they will announce it

maybe in october or november if they plan to start the tour after the holidays

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:44

Nikkei
Plus the lean touring machine we've seen last month seems to be much dependent on infrastructure provided locally

New stages are expensive. In the ‘89-07 era they’d have 100+ shows to pay them off. Now… they amortized the No Filter stage over what, 50 shows or so, but even that was kind of extraordinary, it would be a very risky proposition to bank on the Stones having 50 shows left in them (I hope they do, of course, but you know what I mean). So the “Sixty” stage was kind of necessarily more of a parts bin sort of thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 19:46 by tommycharles.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:48

tommycharles
Nikkei

New stages are expensive. In the ‘89-07 era they’d have 100+ shows to pay them off. Now… they amortized the No Filter stage over what, 50 shows or so, but even that was kind of extraordinary, it would be a very risky proposition to bank on the Stones having 50 shows left in them (I hope they do, of course, but you know what I mean). So the “Sixty” stage was kind of necessarily more of a parts bin sort of thing.

The colored parts looked already quite damaged in Stockholm!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 6, 2022 09:21

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Good and this would be a perfect match:

Courtney Barnett - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)

[www.youtube.com]

Avant Gardener

I much prefer the mundane.
I take a hit from
An asthma puffer
I do it wrong
I was never good at smoking bongs.
I'm not that good at breathing in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 09:49 by shattered.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 6, 2022 10:28

The only person who has even the smallest clue where they’re going to go next said she loved Moonlight Mile because of its wintery feel, when they say “ a head full of snow”
Ms Smyth calls herself the least rock and roll person ever and got a strange look from a certain Mr Richards with the above comment.

Nonetheless she will be fielding calls and they will be sent to Jagger.after that some of the guesses here will be correct and some won’t.
Again, I’m not trying to fake some insider bullshit like some do, this is from business magazines anyone could access.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 11:56

So in Feb./April next year we'll have this scenario...
Tokyo x 3
Beijng
Shangai
Bangkok
Singapore
Seoul
Sidney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Auckland
Keep on Rolling!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:22

mailexile67
So in Feb./April next year we'll have this scenario...
Tokyo x 3
Beijng
Shangai
Bangkok
Singapore
Seoul
Sidney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Auckland
Keep on Rolling!

Hong Kong maybe?

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: August 6, 2022 12:33

China certainly doesn't deserve any shows. Imagine someone of the band catching Covid over there. That tour will be over in no time, along with another insane shutdown of some million habitants.
Maybe Japan and Australia/New Zealand, but I highly doubt that as well.

Aussie Tour 2023
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:20

Local radio station in Melbourne has a popular ‘rumours’ segment. They are generally on the money.
Anyways this morning they announced a rumour for Aussie shows in 23.
Anyone else hearing rumours ?
If it happens I’m tipping Feb- April
Japan, Aus and NZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 08:33 by bv.

Re: Aussie Tour 23 cool smiley
Date: August 1, 2022 03:25

as good as anything

have heard rumors for another run in europe and a tour in latin america too

but australia/japan have patiently waited 8 years

i say give it to them

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891