Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 123
Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 3, 2022 21:29

They should go back to Australia/Asia. Fans there have been waiting long enough.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: August 4, 2022 08:48

It might be like 4/5 shows in California - Sofi Stadium and 4 in east coast. Without travelling.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 4, 2022 09:40

daspyknows
They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

i really think a "mini tour" of africa would really be something

they've played almost everywhere else

i also understand that it's never gonna happen

but just out of curiosity could someone who is more knowledgeable explain the issues with this idea?

is there a fan base large enough outside of south africa and the infrastructure to support a stadium tour?

do we have any african members here who would like a show in there home countries?

and if we do sorry for ahead of time for referring to all of africa like it's just one big country and south africa

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 4, 2022 10:12

PaintMonkeyManBlack

There is a common vibe of greatness and the stones are very popular.

A weird vibe of greatness! winking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 4, 2022 10:59

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

but just out of curiosity could someone who is more knowledgeable explain the issues with this idea?

is there a fan base large enough outside of south africa and the infrastructure to support a stadium tour?

do we have any african members here who would like a show in there home countries?

and if we do sorry for ahead of time for referring to all of africa like it's just one big country and south africa

Don't most Americans think Africa is a country? winking smiley

No, it won't happen. It seems that the only African nation that gets visited by western music acts is South Africa. There are so many reasons as to why they wouldn't tour in the other countries. I suppose a southern Africa tour would be interesting, though: SA, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Eswatini (Swaziland), etc. Actually, the estranged wife hailed from the latter-mentioned. Ronnie’s mentioned Kenya once or twice, I think. Could you imagine them performing in other east African countries, though? Somalia, Eritrea? No.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:29

The key thing to point out right now is they’re pushing 80. They need a few months to recharge the batteries and take stock.

As long as they can still play though I expect they’ll tour similarly to what they are now 12-15 dates over a couple of month periods then a break .

Time isn’t on their side and it’s clear they realise that and want to enjoy it as much as they can. I get the sense touring makes them briefly feel young again. The loss of Charlie and enforced period of nothing due to covid will only have increased those feelings.

A South American tour has been rumoured for quite some time so wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen - and possibly a few more US Dates tagged at the end of it.

I could also see a mini 5 date residency in London at the O2 (Like Queen recently did). No travel costs, a fairly decent gross

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:20

Big Al
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

No, it won't happen. It seems that the only African nation that gets visited by western music acts is South Africa. There are so many reasons as to why they wouldn't tour in the other countries. I suppose a southern Africa tour would be interesting, though: SA, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Eswatini (Swaziland), etc. Actually, the estranged wife hailed from the latter-mentioned. Ronnie’s mentioned Kenya once or twice, I think. Could you imagine them performing in other east African countries, though? Somalia, Eritrea? No.

Nobody could pay what they want. They don't play for cheap or reasonable. So that's that.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:25

End of February 2023 start.

Tokyo x 3
Seoul
Bangkok
Singapore
Australia and New Zealand x 9

That's my prediction for the start of 2023.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:10

My prediction is that they will do a 2nd european leg next year:
Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Cologne, Lisboa, Barcelona, Marseille, Rome, Prague, Athens, London, Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow.

Count me in for three to six shows of the tour!

Date: August 4, 2022 13:22

I don't think they're going to take on any major treks anymore. Like So America, which has some major Stones fans. For guys in their late 70's it may just be too much of a good thing. Too far.
Stones are where they are also because they are pragmatists.
At this stage IMO it is the iron drive of Jagger alone that is keeping them going on tour. I think on their own Keith and Ronnie are done w/ touring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 13:30 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:37

thrak
It might be like 4/5 shows in California - Sofi Stadium and 4 in east coast. Without travelling.

Makes perfect sense - similar to a Vegas residency, but in this case, I won't have to be traveling!
The Stones have always loved California (especially SoCal), and have probably played dates in this state more than any other.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:44

petewasbristol
End of February 2023 start.

Tokyo x 3
Seoul
Bangkok
Singapore
Australia and New Zealand x 9

That's my prediction for the start of 2023.

(Un)fortunatelly you are wrong.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:45

WelshEdge1
They should go back to Australia/Asia. Fans there have been waiting long enough.

So has Western Canada

Date: August 4, 2022 13:49

PatrickS77
Big Al
ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

Nobody could pay what they want. They don't play for cheap or reasonable. So that's that.

so then play a stadium show in south africa and two or three theatre dates in other countries at reasonable price just for the fun of doing something new and exciting

and film it all into ole! style documentary

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:09

ProfessorWolf

so then play a stadium show in south africa and two or three theatre dates in other countries at reasonable price just for the fun of doing something new and exciting

Well, that'd definitely be interesting. They could do a stadium show in Johannesburg or Cape Town, but they won't. South Africa got their shows in 1995, just like India did in 2003. Two continents ticked off. There, done! I suspect that was their thinking.

Date: August 4, 2022 14:19

Big Al
ProfessorWolf

Well, that'd definitely be interesting. They could do a stadium show in Johannesburg or Cape Town, but they won't. South Africa got their shows in 1995, just like India did in 2003. Two continents ticked off. There, done! I suspect that was their thinking.

yes sad but likely true

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:29

2023 : Europe
2024 : USA
2025 : Australia/ NZ- Japan
2026 : USA
2027 : Europe

As soon as the tour is over I want more concerts and I dream of a show in London in 2030. It doesn't matter how old they are!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:31

Looking forward to the SEVENTY Tour in 2032....

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:41

powerage78

As soon as the tour is over I want more concerts and I dream of a show in London in 2030. It doesn't matter how old they are!

You are right with sarcasm, but keep in mind we did similar jokes in 2012 ;-)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:41

Hairball

By that time, my avatar will be watching theirs...

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:43

powerage78

Quiet correct! smiling smiley

Date: August 4, 2022 15:04

Big Al
ProfessorWolf

confused smiley That's harsh. And sad. But I guess so. And at this point I guess they want to be paid for their fun. Prices on their recent tours made that quite clear. Fun, yes. "Low" pay, no.

Date: August 4, 2022 15:05

powerage78

Why would they USA, before they do Europe again? eye rolling smiley Americans are as greedy as the Stones.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:09

PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley

Why would they USA, before they do Europe again? eye rolling smiley Americans are as greedy as the Stones.

It says 2023 Europe. That’s next year. Before USA 2024. Americans may be greedy, but most know that 2023 comes before 2024. winking smiley

Date: August 4, 2022 15:21

NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley

It says 2023 Europe. That’s next year. Before USA 2024. Americans may be greedy, but most know that 2023 comes before 2024. winking smiley

Yes. And then it says someplace else and then USA again and only after that a return to Europe (by which time probably another Stone might be dead). Americans are not only greedy, they also lack an attention span that let's 'em read a post until the end. winking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:31

Hairball

Yeah although 2023 could be called EIGHTY because of their ages.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:34

Hairball

It's a joke now but it will become a reality, just like the 40 Licks, 50 & Counting and SIXTY tours once were!

Date: August 4, 2022 16:10

PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley

Yes. And then it says someplace else and then USA again and only after that a return to Europe (by which time probably another Stone might be dead). Americans are not only greedy, they also lack an attention span that let's 'em read a post until the end. winking smiley

Nah. Your response was confusing. Admit that at least.

Date: August 4, 2022 16:20

NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley

No. It was not. You just didn't read until the end. The only thing I will admit is, that I misred 2023 as 2022. But if you quote me on that I will deny I ever admitted that. winking smiley I think I need glasses.

Date: August 4, 2022 16:36

PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
NashvilleBlues
PatrickS77
powerage78
winking smiley

No. It was not. You just didn't read until the end. The only thing I will admit is, that I misred 2023 as 2022. But if you quote me on that I will deny I ever admitted that. winking smiley I think I need glasses.

smileys with beer

I read it all. The 2022/23 confusion was the issue. No biggie!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 16:38 by NashvilleBlues.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home