Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 123
Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:58

Hairball
North America

maybe...

but that depends wether or not they do latin america next year

if they do i could see them fitting in a couple shows and maybe jazz fest as others have suggested

but not if there gonna be elsewhere in the world

and i know there still lilots of money in north america

but there might be more available for the moment in europe, japan, australia, latin america etc.

plus it's possible they might just want to play somewhere they haven't been in a while

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 1, 2022 08:12

Canada tour.. last time here in BC was 2006. Why not next summer do Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 1, 2022 08:51

Stones tours aren’t planned like a family vacation, it’s not “ hey let’s go somewhere new” or “we haven’t been there in awhile, let’s go back”

Promoters call Mick, not the Stones, Mick.he takes the offers and basically just goes with who’s offering the most money.
He conveys this to the rest of the band and it gets an up or down vote.

The good news is our favorite little old band happens to be the biggest draw in the history of live entertainment so the offers will be coming in immediately.

Date: August 1, 2022 09:15

lem motlow
Stones tours aren’t planned like a family vacation, it’s not “ hey let’s go somewhere new” or “we haven’t been there in awhile, let’s go back”

Promoters call Mick, not the Stones, Mick.he takes the offers and basically just goes with who’s offering the most money.
He conveys this to the rest of the band and it gets an up or down vote.

The good news is our favorite little old band happens to be the biggest draw in the history of live entertainment so the offers will be coming in immediately.

that might explain why we hear so many rumours of them looking into venues all around the world at the same time

Date: August 1, 2022 09:59

Yeah there are rumours about;

Europe
Asia
Australia/NZ
Mexico (combined with either of the next two)
South America
USA + Canada

So that's pretty much all the world.

Also I don't agree with lem motlow. It's not about the biggest offer, otherwise they would have never played South America. What they feel like also is important. However logistics, pandemics and stuff like that make things a lot more difficult than it used to be.

I think it's time for Asia/Australia/NZ this time. Hope they get lucky.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:02

Whist I don’t doubt that money dictates their movement to a large extent, there must surely be a part of them they feels some personal obligation to perform to the crowds whose - in terms of ‘fairness’ - turn is due. After all, surely the Stones are appreciative of just how global their fan-base is. Anyway, reading in another thread that Australia and New Zealand are rumoured, it seems that there turn is next and that, I think, is warranted.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:06

I'm sure Mick has a sense for the vibe and to me Europe seems rather saturated. Our turn certainly is not "due" Everybody literally already brought their kids along on an earlier tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:33

ProfessorWolf
so here we are one show left and i think that means its time to get the rumor mill up and going

we've had hints about latin america

many think it's logical they'll do a second run thru europe next year

and today we have rumors that there looking into shows in australia

and some also think that berlin will be the final end

so what do we think?

Australia???? Where were those rumours, prey tell ????

Rod

Date: August 1, 2022 11:43

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:58

There's a rumour they might be working on a new album.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:32

Keith has had a strong tour and looks ready to keep rolling, but Mick has started to show a few chinks in the armor this tour. Perhaps it’s just the wear of fighting COVID while in your late 70’s, but he has looked noticeably older and more frail this tour. I’d be surprised to see another 2-3 month tour.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:46

I guess there will be no more shows this years. And in winter they'll decide what to do

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:13

babyblue
Canada tour..

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 1, 2022 16:38

doitywoik

come on if your gonna make stuff up at least make it believablewinking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:02

Javadave
Keith has had a strong tour and looks ready to keep rolling, but Mick has started to show a few chinks in the armor this tour. Perhaps it’s just the wear of fighting COVID while in your late 70’s, but he has looked noticeably older and more frail this tour. I’d be surprised to see another 2-3 month tour.

Of course Mick looks older! He is! But his voice is excellent. Should he stop because he looks older and isn't able to dance like he was five years ago? 18 songs setlists to save some energy haven't been introduced this year. That was Long ago!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:35

It'll be the US and they'll play Happy at every show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 17:35 by Topi.

Date: August 1, 2022 17:42

Topi
It'll be the US and they'll play Happy at every show.

18 times in a row!!!!!!

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 18:46

hockenheim95
Javadave

Of course Mick looks older! He is! But his voice is excellent. Should he stop because he looks older and isn't able to dance like he was five years ago? 18 songs setlists to save some energy haven't been introduced this year. That was Long ago!

They still play shows that are longer than 2 hours. And they are on stage for most of the time. Many younger bands only play 90 minute shows. So really, it is amazing what they all stil do. And yes, the voice is still great.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:12

Javadave

It's been Ronnie who's looked the frailest over the course of SIXTY. It might be his fitness to tour that determines when they go out again.

Also, what's become of the supposed reunion of the remains of Faces?

I enjoyed Faces "back in the day." Saw them in 1973, and still play Faces a lot. Haven't found Rod interesting starting with Atlantic Crossing, though. So it's hard to imagine just him, Ronnie, Kenny, and support players amounting to much in 2023.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:20

Would not be surprised to see more shows in 2022 someplace. I don't know anything, just a hunch.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:21

ProfessorWolf
so here we are one show left and i think that means its time to get the rumor mill up and going

we've had hints about latin america

many think it's logical they'll do a second run thru europe next year

and today we have rumors that there looking into shows in australia

and some also think that berlin will be the final end

so what do we think?

We think it'll be whatever it'll be ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:46

Another tour coming to completion. Seemed longer this time around. What's next??? Well, I think we all know it's "Island Time"!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:16

doitywoik

smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:35

doitywoik

...since 2005 smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:50

swaff
Another tour coming to completion. Seemed longer this time around. What's next??? Well, I think we all know it's "Island Time"!!!

Yeah, a strange couple of months it's been with all the ups and downs - it does seem longer.
I bet the band is glad it's almost over...just one more to go...hope it's a good one.

Date: August 1, 2022 22:10

I am sure there will be several threads of guesswork on what is coming next.

There is already one for US tour next year. Not sure why we needed another one.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 22:41

babyblue
Canada tour.. last time here in BC was 2006. Why not next summer do Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg

Maybe Van but not Calgary, since they aren't allowed to hold concerts at McMahon Stadium. Both Calgary and Winnipeg have smaller stadiums which could only hold around 35k. Edmonton could be another possibility but realistically if they were to do a few Cdn shows, it would most likely be Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal just like Steel Wheels.

Date: August 2, 2022 00:42

Hairball
swaff

Yeah, a strange couple of months it's been with all the ups and downs - it does seem longer.
I bet the band is glad it's almost over...just one more to go...hope it's a good one.

So not a mini-tour?

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:52

States are done
Maybe a little window for Australia or Japan before last european leg summer 2023 (London at the end)

cheers

Date: August 2, 2022 01:01

AntoineParis
States are done
Maybe a little window for Australia or Japan before last european leg summer 2023 (London at the end)

cheers

I can't imagine them doing a Last Waltz show. The Stones have never ever been sentimental with those kinds of things. My bet is they will have a look every year if they still can do it and then decide.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home