Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 123
Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall? What's next?
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 21, 2022 15:42

There may not be any more after this tour. Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression at HP2 that the band were very aware that this could be their last London show. Keith, in particular, seemed to be determined not to mess up. I know that some of you had reservations about the setlist, but I thought it was a fantastic celebration and appreciation of the Stones and their legacy in their home town. Enjoy the rest of the tour, everyone, complete with jaded warhorses and fluffed notes. We may not have the chance to witness this again.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 17:25

teleblaster
Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression at HP2 that the band were very aware that this could be their last London show.

Duh, at this point any show could be their last. Especially, when it realistically would take them 1 - 3 years to do another concert at the same place. They are almost 80. It's not rocket science to realize that another show is not a given. Especially, if we're talking "next tour".

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 21, 2022 17:34

The U Arena they played in Paris in 2017 is huge, closed and air conditioned.
A great option for a hot summer tour

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:38

Yeah wouldn't mind going back to the U-Arena, that was a nice string of shows ! The only reason they played there of course was...the MONEY ! As in not having to pay anything (or much) to get the venue as it was being launched and it was a way of putting it on the map.

Must say I've changed my tune a bit now after this tour...from when I first saw them in 1990 to 2018 it seemed it was a (logical) "downward spiral", especially for Keith, he kept getting worse, 2012 and 2017 were particularly hard for him, but nowadays, hum...dunno, he seems to be cruising through the shows like a boss !

Sign me up for a second European leg, why not Marseille again ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 24, 2022 23:28

gotdablouse
Yeah wouldn't mind going back to the U-Arena, that was a nice string of shows ! The only reason they played there of course was...the MONEY ! As in not having to pay anything (or much) to get the venue as it was being launched and it was a way of putting it on the map.

Must say I've changed my tune a bit now after this tour...from when I first saw them in 1990 to 2018 it seemed it was a (logical) "downward spiral", especially for Keith, he kept getting worse, 2012 and 2017 were particularly hard for him, but nowadays, hum...dunno, he seems to be cruising through the shows like a boss !

Sign me up for a second European leg, why not Marseille again ?

As long as they are healthy, happy, and playing I'm happy with wherever they go next. (fingers crossed they make it back to Vancouver one day though winking smiley )

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:42

USA/North America - > Hear the whistle blowing, hear it for a thousand miles....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 07:00

whoops

forgot this thread was already out there before i started mine

guess bv will merge them soon

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 2, 2022 17:56

Those of us in the States who couldn't go to Europe welcome back the band, any time, the sooner the better.

So as not to be too greedy, Canada and other places would love a visit, of course.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 18:05

They were in the US a little over 8 months ago. We're all fans but I think it's a bit much to be calling for their return so soon when they have tens of millions of fans all around the World whose countries haven't had a show in years, notably the Pacific Rim and South America.

The new stage may not be the prettiest, but it strikes me that it's clearly designed with ease of transportation in mind. The only 2nd hand rumour I've heard is South America and as they've had nothing in 7 years and the Pacific Rim nothing in 8 one of those 2 is my bet.

The US has recently had 2 consecutive tours so I'd reckon another European Tour to be more likely than North America. The 14 European shows this year all sold very well and there are many cities they didn't call at such as Oslo, Lisbon, Edinburgh, Warsaw, Rome and more.

We'll see.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2022 00:50

The Rolling Stones are 'eyeing 2023 Australian tour dates' amid rumours they'll extend their 60th anniversary tour Down Under

By Ali Daher For Daily Mail Australia
3 August 2022

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:51

bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones are 'eyeing 2023 Australian tour dates' amid rumours they'll extend their 60th anniversary tour Down Under

By Ali Daher For Daily Mail Australia
3 August 2022

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I really wanna see some of my fave Australian bands so I will be looking for a tie-in for sure.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:04

Just my opinion, but Mick has always been the instigator for another tour. That Charlie and Keith would just as soon stay at home. Keith has been playing so well and has a new enthusiasm since he quit drinking and smoking. Now it is Mick and Keith who are the forces behind a new tour.

So chances are good that the Stones will have 13-15 dates this fall. Maybe Australia + NZ + Latin America. Plus maybe a few prime US dates where they know they will sell out.

You know if they hit Argentina and Brazil, they will get colossal crowds.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 5, 2022 06:20

^ This fall? Doubt it.

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 5, 2022 13:44

triceratops
Just my opinion, but Mick has always been the instigator for another tour. That Charlie and Keith would just as soon stay at home. Keith has been playing so well and has a new enthusiasm since he quit drinking and smoking. Now it is Mick and Keith who are the forces behind a new tour.

So chances are good that the Stones will have 13-15 dates this fall. Maybe Australia + NZ + Latin America. Plus maybe a few prime US dates where they know they will sell out.

You know if they hit Argentina and Brazil, they will get colossal crowds.

Fingres crossed for that! AUS, NZ and S. America would be incredible.
Saw them in Brazil and in Chile, but never Argentina. If they go, I will be there.

But I would say it's more likely at the beginning of the new year (late summer in the Southern hemisphere) than in the next few months.

You're right about Keith. This tour in general has been amazing. Just arrived back from Berlin. Keith was on fire.
Long live the Stones!

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 5, 2022 13:54

No tour later this year - if one was discussed it isn't any more.

No tour in South America - you cannot get any profit out of some countries, even if you make some, which is unlikely.

So Japan/Australia/NZ/somewhere else is one option for next year - they usually start there in March.

The other option is the US/Canada. Timing like the original 2019 dates maybe as it fits the sports seasons.

We will hear nothing until much closer to the date, when contracts can be signed and insurances sign-off on the heath of the key people.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:15

triceratops
Just my opinion, but Mick has always been the instigator for another tour. That Charlie and Keith would just as soon stay at home. Keith has been playing so well and has a new enthusiasm since he quit drinking and smoking.

Keith smoked a cigarette at the start of "Sympathy for the Devil" in Berlin two days ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 14:16 by bertrichards.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:22

thecitadel

No tour in South America - you cannot get any profit out of some countries, even if you make some, which is unlikely.

So Japan/Australia/NZ/somewhere else is one option for next year - they usually start there in March.

The other option is the US/Canada. Timing like the original 2019 dates maybe as it fits the sports seasons.

We will hear nothing until much closer to the date, when contracts can be signed and insurances sign-off on the heath of the key people.

Again USA? They did two Tours in a row there (2019,2021). I don’t believe in a 3rd tour in four years at the same continent. I guess Europe has the best cards after Australia/NZ.

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:25

thecitadel

You speak very decidedly, bro. Nice. But I would like to see your sources. Will you post them here for us?

Another thing is that you don't seem to know much about S. America. Or maybe nothing. Especially when it comes to the Stones' fanbase there.

Just to start with a little research, you'll find NOW touring S. America and selling out stadiums are big names, fresh from successful European and N. American tours, Guns n Roses, Coldplay, Metallica, Iron Maiden, just to name a few.
I guess they're all doing it PRO BONO according to your assumptions of no profit, right? All of them touring for pure charity, how beautiful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 14:28 by RockNStonesBR.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:55

bertrichards

Keith smoked a cigarette at the start of "Sympathy for the Devil" in Berlin two days ago.

Was it a cigarette? winking smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:00

Topi
bertrichards

Was it a cigarette? winking smiley

Exactly, Topi. One preshow picture from this tour showed an ashtray in front of Keith and it definitely didn’t look like a factory cigarette. Looked like a joint to me. Last year in Nashville he smoked, blew a cloud, waved it away and he and Steve shared a laugh. Probably not a cigarette. He said he doesn’t smoke cigarettes anymore but he smokes marijuana. No reason not to believe him.

Stoned. Out of my mind.

Date: August 5, 2022 16:04

thecitadel

Nice to see that US/Canada rumour is a real possibility, but also realizing it's still way too far off to get any hopes up, and that goes for them playing anyhwere.

US/Canada 2023 Tour - 61 and Counting....maybe they'll bring back the superior No Filter stage with he massive screen towers

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:34

bertrichards
triceratops
Just my opinion, but Mick has always been the instigator for another tour. That Charlie and Keith would just as soon stay at home. Keith has been playing so well and has a new enthusiasm since he quit drinking and smoking.

oh, my god…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:37

Why would they bring back the No Filter stage?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:54

thecitadel

A 2nd European Tour of different cities must surely be higher up the pecking order than a return to North America which got 2 consecutive tours prior to the one just ended. If the latter happened, it would give them 3 tours out of 4 which would be just ridiculous.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:14

thecitadel

Poster a couple of pages back claims the contract for another European tour has already been signed.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:26

Count me in...
Are you pulling my leg
Time waits for no one

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:32

grzegorz67
thecitadel

A 2nd European Tour of different cities must surely be higher up the pecking order than a return to North America which got 2 consecutive tours prior to the one just ended. If the latter happened, it would give them 3 tours out of 4 which would be just ridiculous.

Europe would be my bet too. Still profitable and close to home for 2/3 of the principals. At their ages, even with all the cushioning money can buy, I can't see the attractions of slogging round the Pacific or Asia.

So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:24

so here we are one show left and i think that means its time to get the rumor mill up and going

we've had hints about latin america

many think it's logical they'll do a second run thru europe next year

and today we have rumors that there looking into shows in australia

and some also think that berlin will be the final end

so what do we think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 06:26 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:34

It'll keep going until it's obvious that it can't anymore.

Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Date: August 1, 2022 06:43

North America

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home