Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 123
Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:20

Justin
80 year old men in 30 or 40 degree weather is not a good idea.
Lyon, coming up...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:43

I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to be anywhere! But ... now it's time for Latin America (2016) again. Or would AustralAsia (2014) be first in line?
America ... see you in 2024 grinning smiley Oh no, I forgot about Russia ... how do we PUT that IN?

Sorry, had a couple of beers smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:35

For me and many others I know, going to a Stones show isn't just about the setlist. It's the entire experience. Getting to see a new city, maybe for the first time, seeing that city come alive with fellow fans, getting to reunite with concert friends from near and far before/during/after the show. The concert is the pinnacle of the experience, but there's so much more than just those two hours for a lot of us. I think there are still plenty of people out there that are willing to pay big bucks to say they saw The Rolling Stones, too.

There's a lot of money to be made, still...It's not dark yet, but it's gettin' there...

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:59

BFR
For me and many others I know, going to a Stones show isn't just about the setlist. It's the entire experience. Getting to see a new city, maybe for the first time, seeing that city come alive with fellow fans, getting to reunite with concert friends from near and far before/during/after the show. The concert is the pinnacle of the experience, but there's so much more than just those two hours for a lot of us. I think there are still plenty of people out there that are willing to pay big bucks to say they saw The Rolling Stones, too.

There's a lot of money to be made, still...It's not dark yet, but it's gettin' there...

Agree 100%
Going to a Stones show is an exquisite alibi to travel
A wonderful excuse

50% for the Stones, 50% for discovering new places

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:04

I agree the fun is not just the show but the people and places. It works perfectly with 4 days between shows. Soon we will take our 6th trip to Europe just to see the Stones. Most countries I would not have visited if it hadn't been for the Stones. I am so glad we are lucky enough to do this. The world is a wonderful place to visit and the Stones have taken me to Europe, SA, Havana, and of course a whole lot of US cities and one show in Canada. As long as they tour, I have to work. The people we have met around the world, Stones fans and others, make it a fantastic adventure.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:14

georgie48
I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to be anywhere! But ... now it's time for Latin America (2016) again. Or would AustralAsia (2014) be first in line?
America ... see you in 2024 grinning smiley Oh no, I forgot about Russia ... how do we PUT that IN?

They can easily squeeze in a couple of mini-tours here and there, but I would think they will come back to the USA as part of the SIXTY tour- even if it's a year late in 2023, they will still be celebrating.
Personally, I've had my fair share of Stones shows in the past few years - six since 2019 (and 64 x since '81). Not sure I'd even bother to see them again at this point. Maybe with Lucky Dips and within a couple hundred miles.
Whatever the case, hope they continue to keep on rolling here, there. and everywhere...thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 22:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 15, 2022 23:05

MononoM
Justin
Lyon, coming up...

30 or 40 degrees outside is a bad idea whether it's Fahrenheit or Centigrade!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 15, 2022 23:40

And you get to meet great new friends like we did in St. Louis!

BFR

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 00:00

Hairball
georgie48

They can easily squeeze in a couple of mini-tours here and there, but I would think they will come back to the USA as part of the SIXTY tour- even if it's a year late in 2023, they will still be celebrating.
Personally, I've had my fair share of Stones shows in the past few years - six since 2019 (and 64 x since '81). Not sure I'd even bother to see them again at this point. Maybe with Lucky Dips and within a couple hundred miles.
Whatever the case, hope they continue to keep on rolling here, there. and everywhere...thumbs up

I would think a lot of where they tour would be in conjunction with where the promotor thinks the money is. With world economies being volatile right now, would Central/South America make sense?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 00:19

Green Lady
MononoM
Justin
Lyon, coming up...

30 or 40 degrees outside is a bad idea whether it's Fahrenheit or Centigrade!

Very good GL grinning smiley. For very different reasons of course. I'm going to Lyon and worried. Scottish skin really, really isn't made for 41c/100F heat.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:05

Justin
Mick Jagger is working his a$$ each night and you all think they can do 10 more US dates this year?

Hasn't every single person on this thread been around for the last 10 years? It's one leg per year--done. People thought they'd double up on another tour last year because young gun Steve was with them--not the case. They're gonna be tired when this tour is over, they'll want a rest not shlep back to the US to do more shows.

Well I think he could...but that isn't really the issue. They don't have to and probably want to approach life in a balanced way. They love what they do but they have other priorities as well, and other people in their lives and other things they want to do in their lives.

They've got a great balance here.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:38

This is IORR. It doesn't matter that Mick turns 80 next year. They're still boys to us, STEEL WHEELS was still just a few years ago in IORRian reckoning of time, and they're lazy bastards for not playing 50 shows a year and spending months in the studio knocking out albums. Time Waits for No IORRian.

Tour this Autumn
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:26

Let's be real...it's not happening. Do you know exhausted they must be?

Re: Tour this Autumn
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:51

Thanks.

Date: July 16, 2022 16:32

BowieStone
Thanks.

I hope you don't think I'm trying to be mean. Nothing would make me happier than a US tour but I don't see that, or any other tour. happening this fall.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:57

Please have some sympathy for bv and help keep this space "uncluttered" -> [iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:04

I would not say it's not possible it could actually happen remember there tours these days consist of 14 shows with at least 3 days off in between shows so I'm sure they aren't as exhausted as you think.

Date: July 16, 2022 17:50

gotdablouse
Please have some sympathy for bv and help keep this space "uncluttered" -> [iorr.org]

I'm not sure why you believe this thread to be "cluttering." If BV believes it is, he will make that determination.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:50

States are done

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:55

Ironically, it's often these kind of "lazy" threads that gets the most attention. The more elaborated threads just sink to the bottom. Tells you something about IORR, maybe? Or not...

Date: July 16, 2022 18:08

Stoneage
Ironically, it's often these kind of "lazy" threads that gets the most attention. The more elaborated threads just sink to the bottom. Tells you something about IORR, maybe? Or not...

Oh, an intellectual. EXCUSE ME!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:44

Stoneage

Seems like you're trying to insult quite a lot of people and at the same time prop yourself up.

People that lack self esteem often behave in this way.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 16, 2022 19:04

Rickster
I would not say it's not possible it could actually happen remember there tours these days consist of 14 shows with at least 3 days off in between shows so I'm sure they aren't as exhausted as you think.

Really? I was travelling for 3 weeks catching shows (4 Stones and some others) and I am exhausted and I am not almost 80.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 16, 2022 19:08

Omg I can’t take it anymore No! They aren’t coming

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 16, 2022 20:17

treaclefingers
Justin
Mick Jagger is working his a$$ each night and you all think they can do 10 more US dates this year?

Hasn't every single person on this thread been around for the last 10 years? It's one leg per year--done. People thought they'd double up on another tour last year because young gun Steve was with them--not the case. They're gonna be tired when this tour is over, they'll want a rest not shlep back to the US to do more shows.

Well I think he could...but that isn't really the issue. They don't have to and probably want to approach life in a balanced way. They love what they do but they have other priorities as well, and other people in their lives and other things they want to do in their lives.

They've got a great balance here.

They've been working all their lives to get to this point where they can do shows not because they have to but because they want to. No doubt this is a luxury that almost no other band can have. Their trecks each year are basically summer vacations they get to enjoy with their family and their friends who they play with on stage.

Mick may look like he can do more shows but I think he and his trainer plan for these tours down to last minute and calorie. This has become more of an athletic venture now more than anything these days. So I can imagine part of what makes these legs doable is that there is a set and final endpoint to focus on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 20:21 by Justin.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 17, 2022 00:04

steffialicia
gotdablouse

I'm not sure why you believe this thread to be "cluttering." If BV believes it is, he will make that determination.

Happy now that as was obvious to anyone with a brain he had to waste his time while he's on the road to move your useless lazy thread ? You're welcome.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 17, 2022 14:24

gotdablouse
steffialicia
gotdablouse

Happy now that as was obvious to anyone with a brain he had to waste his time while he's on the road to move your useless lazy thread ? You're welcome.

And this is YOUR business? Get lost please. Nasty individual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 14:26 by steffialicia.

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall? What's next?
Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 17, 2022 14:42

Nothing to discuss here. Next leg is Europe again. They signed contract already.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2022 14:46

It's not a leg, it's a mini-leg!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2022 14:54

Topi
It's not a leg, it's a mini-leg!

Lol. Just spewed Coffee all over my keyboard.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home