Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 123
Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 13, 2022 17:14

nellcote'71
Cooltoplady
How many times do I have to say there are not coming.
Even Carl Denson has dates booked in the fall.

Still not spelled right...

Ok you got me. My first name is actually Carly I never seen Carly start with a K. Sorry Karl!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 17:19

Cooltoplady
nellcote'71
Cooltoplady
How many times do I have to say there are not coming.
Even Carl Denson has dates booked in the fall.

Still not spelled right...

Ok you got me. My first name is actually Carly I never seen Carly start with a K. Sorry Karl!

My dog's name is actually Karlie.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 18:47

But what is the draw for the US in 2023. More of the same? Ghost Town isn't new anymore, The Celebration of Charlie was in 2021, I feelvlike they would at least have to change something up like adding a mini Exile Set or Let it Bleed set or something unique. Ticket prices are quite high for something we've already seen. Rotating 1 or 2 songs isn't enough for me anymore to justify the $ to go.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 13, 2022 19:22

Stoneage
Next in line should be South America, Japan and Australia. If the follow their standard manual. USA in 2023 then if everyone is willing and able.

Should be but the logistics of moving equipment means a big financial hit. That's why I think it will be US or Europe/UK. Shipping the stage from South America to Japan to Australia would cost a fortune and not sure those markets would pay,

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2022 19:35

TumblinDice76
But what is the draw for the US in 2023. More of the same? Ghost Town isn't new anymore, The Celebration of Charlie was in 2021, I feelvlike they would at least have to change something up like adding a mini Exile Set or Let it Bleed set or something unique. Ticket prices are quite high for something we've already seen. Rotating 1 or 2 songs isn't enough for me anymore to justify the $ to go.

Perhaps that's what they're saving Mother's Little Helper for?

Seriously, whatever the alleged gimmick, we do end up getting much the same mixture as before, and it's still a lot of fun.

Date: July 13, 2022 19:55

Out of Time is fun on this tour so perhaps MLH in 2023! I do kind of like the idea of adding more 60s songs. Play with Fire, 19th, UMT, are always fun!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 20:38

BV already pointed out that the stage was built more simple so they can ship it around the world. Will be logistically possible. Let's wait and see, my bet is on south America or Australia next.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 13, 2022 20:43

daspyknows
Stoneage
Next in line should be South America, Japan and Australia. If the follow their standard manual. USA in 2023 then if everyone is willing and able.

Should be but the logistics of moving equipment means a big financial hit. That's why I think it will be US or Europe/UK. Shipping the stage from South America to Japan to Australia would cost a fortune and not sure those markets would pay,

For what it worth, just received a message from the energy provider. To be expected: +20% in August, then +40% en September, and +50% in October. That's 110% increase. So much for the cost of stage shipping.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 21:09

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Dan
BFR
To say they've played every market in the US in 2019/2021 just isn't true. Manhattan being the most obvious missing city, but there are several others. Almost all of their 2021 shows here were nearly, if not completely sold out. Canada is also overdue a run. There are hundreds of stadiums, arenas, and theaters to choose from in North America.

Regardless of the boxscores, St Louis, LA1 and probably some other stadiums were only 75% full. LA1 was discounted all the way down to $5 but not hundred percent sure where (one said his girlfriend is a first responder) but heard this from 2 different people who don't know each other. So saying nearly and completely sold out just isn't true.

Not sure if Manhattan can be counted as it's own market since there isn't a stadium there. Depending on how a tour is scheduled, more NJ/NY stadium shows would be very possible for late summer/early fall/late spring but don't think we will see them at MSG again as there are other more lucrative venues and their own self imposed limits.

The 'market' ticket system prices to maximize revenue per venue. They could CLEARLY sell out any stadium in North America if the ticket price were $50 on average. So that's why 'selling out' really is meaningless. Your example of selling tickets for $5 to first responders, if true is simply an example of the market price being too high for the local market and at the last minute they needed to fill up some space.

No matter what, the Stones maximize their revenue in that market.

Just over 35,000 in New Orleans in 2019 at the Superdome. Given the Jazz Fest situation, which would've had probably closer to 100,000 people...

U2 had basically the same amount in 2017.

Prior to their previous shows/tours?

No wonder both stopped showing up:

U2 in 1997 - just over 21,000 of 25,000 available.

TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND available! That's ridiculous!

Stones in 1994 - just over 32,000 out of 40,000 available.

32,000 paid for but... I recall reading that only 19,000 actually attended.

I was at both. Seemed like a lot less for both, more so the Stones!!!

U2's 1997 US tour undersold big time: a majority of shows did not sell out and a good bit of them didn't even get half the attendance available.

Stones 1994? A majority of shows sold out but there were just a handful that didn't.

Who knows.

Years later U2 would destroy the Stones' attendance and gross record by a respectable amount ie far less shows.

It's interesting that they've gone back and forth since from the 1990s onward in that regard (U2's ZOOROPA tour's B-stage inspired the Stones VOODOO B-stage).

Those days are over. They've been over for quite a while now and it will remain a thing of the past. No artist or band will ever come close to what the The Stones and U2 have done.

Well, Elton John is doing huge numbers right now. Already did 3 shows in Vancouver at Rogers Arena and is now coming back for 2 sold out shows at BC Place! Probably 140k overall. He's done probably 7 shows in Toronto and multiple shows in major centers. Always pays to say it's your farewell tour!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 14, 2022 03:55

The Joker
daspyknows
Stoneage

For what it worth, just received a message from the energy provider. To be expected: +20% in August, then +40% en September, and +50% in October. That's 110% increase. So much for the cost of stage shipping.

Thanks for that info. Very interesting. Math nerd side note, if you raise something 20%, then 40%, then 50% it raises the original number 152%, not 110%.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 14, 2022 04:01

The US don`t deserve any leg. They have had it in spades. Think of Norway.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:12

TumblinDice76

Neither is Out Of Control or You Got Me Rocking.

Otherwise, yes, no reason to go see the same show again unless... there are that many people that would go, though, that haven't. IT COULD BE THEIR LAST TOUR etc.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:14

daspyknows
Stoneage

You're not thinking currently. The past is the past.

They bring X amount... stages are stages with the 60 stage, which is scaled way back.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 14, 2022 19:38

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
Stoneage

You're not thinking currently. The past is the past.

They bring X amount... stages are stages with the 60 stage, which is scaled way back.

I beg to disagree. Borders and logistics are a real thing. With the US and maybe Canada there is one border. With EU and UK there is one border. In both cases that is a pain but doable. Shipping any stage or equipment is a bigger cost. Unless they can make the same amount or more not sure they would consider it worth the cost. At this stage it is we are playing "here", come see us. If you see the airports and trains in Europe that's what people are doing.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 14, 2022 19:44

I am sure most of the components of the actual stage can be sourced in North America.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2022 20:29

Dan
I am sure most of the components of the actual stage can be sourced in North America.

And with a few cans of spray paint, any street artist could lay down the current orange/red/yellow design - might even turn out better in fact.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 20:57

4 pages and not one solid rumour - impressive. When in London I heard chit chat from a number of sources that they want to do South America next year. Not as profitable as Europe or North America but without doubt the youngest and most lively and enthusiastic audiences in the World to play to which must be very energising for them. European and especially US audiences tend to be older and quieter though clearly more profitable. Who knows? They’re 80 next year and the end must be close.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 14, 2022 21:09

They are not coming

If they were coming in Sept and Oct. announced in August. That would leave 4 weeks to sell tickets for the first show. It’s not gonna happen. As I stated before Karl Denson is booked with his own band at that time.

Date: July 14, 2022 21:17

TumblinDice76

Yes, more of the same - just as it's been for many years now.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 14, 2022 21:29

GasLightStreet
TumblinDice76
But what is the draw for the US in 2023. More of the same?

Otherwise, yes, no reason to go see the same show again unless...

Main reason to see them again is because every show is different. How much setlist variation was there during the '72-'73 tours, yet all the shows have their own magic, like today. The Sixty tour has been surpassing my expectations, excellent stuff from the group.

Cooltoplady
They are not coming

If they were coming in Sept and Oct. announced in August. That would leave 4 weeks to sell tickets for the first show. It’s not gonna happen.

Yes, that's a reasonable conclusion. Would be great if they did a handful of shows in the far east and South America before finishing the new album and returning with a US Tour in '23.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 14, 2022 21:45

skytrench
GasLightStreet
TumblinDice76
But what is the draw for the US in 2023. More of the same?

Otherwise, yes, no reason to go see the same show again unless...

Main reason to see them again is because every show is different. How much setlist variation was there during the '72-'73 tours, yet all the shows have their own magic, like today. The Sixty tour has been surpassing my expectations, excellent stuff from the group.

Cooltoplady
They are not coming

If they were coming in Sept and Oct. announced in August. That would leave 4 weeks to sell tickets for the first show. It’s not gonna happen.

Yes, that's a reasonable conclusion. Would be great if they did a handful of shows in the far east and South America before finishing the new album and returning with a US Tour in '23.

But do we really believe they'll finish the new album in 2023? And would it make sense anyway? In these day and age they would play max 2 new songs per show (and then reduce it to one, and then again to zero). So what's the point of releasing 10-14 new songs if most of them would never be played live. Even tough personally I would love to hear the new album I think it would be more convenient if they release a new single and actually play it.

Date: July 14, 2022 23:58

If Karl Denson has his own shows scheduled in the fall in bars and clubs, etc., and opts to do those rather than touring with the greatest rock and roll band in the world, he is easily replaceable.
Same thing happened when Sasha missed a show - she was quickly replaced and hardly anybody batted an eye. If you were to ask any casual Stones fan who Karl Denson is, they wouldn't have a clue.

Prediction: Stones SIXTY USA - 2022 or 2023.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 23:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2022 00:26

How naive to think Denson's schedule isn't relevant. Indicates what they (the sidemen, etc) know at the time (ie when he booked them), which is a lot more than speculation here. If he has some (only a couple currently) in the fall, strong indication they will be on hiatus or .. nearby. Both not likely the case here though as he doesn't have many fall dates listed and the couple that are likely cancelable at the drop of a hat.

The last two (3?) times they've tried to play JF for example, Denson's schedule was out weeks before any official Stones announcement and every time he had a side gig scheduled nearby in NO near the date they tried to play.
I'll be watching his schedule as it stretches out past Feb, a New Orleans area gig around Apr-May wouldn't surprise me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 00:27 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 15, 2022 02:15

72 was an American Tour 73 was not, totally differnt audience. 72 setlist and 73 setlist were different because 73 had several GHS songs. Unless they are releasing a new album in the next few months I don't think we're going to get 3-4 new songs like 73 got. But again different countries in 72 and 73 unlike the proposed US 2021 and 2022. I Kind of feel like each US tour HAS been different up to this point since 2013. 2015 was Zip Code with 2 rotating SF songs to change it up a bit from 2013. 2019 had the 2 unplugged song sets. 2021 had the addition of Ghost Town. So what would be the next change to keep it from being more of the same? As I mentioned perhaps a Exile set or a LIB set, at least something different.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 15, 2022 02:17

MisterDDDD
How naive to think Denson's schedule isn't relevant. Indicates what they (the sidemen, etc) know at the time (ie when he booked them), which is a lot more than speculation here. If he has some (only a couple currently) in the fall, strong indication they will be on hiatus or .. nearby. Both not likely the case here though as he doesn't have many fall dates listed and the couple that are likely cancelable at the drop of a hat.

The last two (3?) times they've tried to play JF for example, Denson's schedule was out weeks before any official Stones announcement and every time he had a side gig scheduled nearby in NO near the date they tried to play.
I'll be watching his schedule as it stretches out past Feb, a New Orleans area gig around Apr-May wouldn't surprise me.

There will be no Sexual Chocolate or Rolling Stones dates if he’s on tour....

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 15, 2022 02:52

stadium dates in the usa would be around the NFL game schedule
think would just be a few cities they have not played in years
maybe starting in october
for example :
nj stadium not since 2019
chicago not since 2019

maybe canada maybe mexico
B.C. Place Vancouver not made up from 2020

Date: July 15, 2022 03:26

artedm
stadium dates in the usa would be around the NFL game schedule
think would just be a few cities they have not played in years
maybe starting in october
for example :
nj stadium not since 2019
chicago not since 2019

maybe canada maybe mexico
B.C. Place Vancouver not made up from 2020

Sounds about right, and Chicago is definitely due for another show. thumbs up I still think San Diego should be a top a priority though.
And coincidently, Karl Denson's band is based out of San Diego, plus he himself is originally from nearby Santa Ana.
It's all starting to fall in to place...Karl and the Rolling Stones USA 2022 or 2023.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2022 04:14

Toronto and NYC (Manhattan) in addition to JF, SD, and Vancouver have got to be priorities for the band if (when) they come back to NA.

Double the prices (as long as they keep the LD's winking smiley) and do one last arena tour!

Date: July 15, 2022 04:19

Arena is the only way you would get Chicago past September. Anyone at Soldier in October 2006 knows what I'm talking about. Only inside dates or Summer Stadium after that miserable night for the band in 06.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 15, 2022 05:25

I'm not holding my breath, but they could easily sell out Vancouver, Calgary/Edmonton, Regina, Ottawa/Toronto, and likely any locations they did in 2019--because COVID years are twice as long as regular years, so 2019 was actually 5 or 6 years ago.

Jokes aside, 2019 was longer ago than people give it credit for and North America, like most places, has been starved for live music since the pandemic. So any 2019 markets are fair game IMO. Canada would be a bulls-eye, too, Gotta throw LA + NYC + Vegas into any mix for good measure of course.

All this being said, I'm happy to see them playing anywhere in 2022 or 2023, just so long as the towel isn't being thrown in just yet.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home