Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 123
Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 12, 2022 18:38

They aren’t coming. They were just here

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 12, 2022 18:41

My guess is a shorter summer South American tour (3x Brazil, 3x Argentina, 1 x Chile, 2/3 x Mexico which leaves a handful of openings for NA. They can do AZ, San Diego, Las Vegas in Feb/March as well as Vancouver / Toronto / Montreal or other dome stadiums.

My guess is they will have another band meeting/conference call in the fall to figure out what's next then the ball will roll quickly should they greenlight it.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 18:58

what makes sense to me and follows what i believe to be the most solid rumours and logic are latin america after the holidays with a few north american dates tacked on at the end

probably as others suggested jazzfest

perhaps vancouver if it's warm enough here in the pnw for them

also maybe a las vegas date too or cochella again

and probably another show for robert kraft

after that i would have to assume if they still wanna continue touring

austraila/japan 2024

after that i have no idea 2025 is as far as i see them being able to continue like this

and how they wanna end it is beyond what i could guess

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2022 19:05

ProfessorWolf

Easy .... like in 1982 or 2007 (but there'll be no 1989 or 2012).

Date: July 12, 2022 20:45

Springsteen is almost certainly playing Desert Trip Fall 2023. A long enough way off to just assume all the hopefuls will still be available then.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 20:54

Irix
ProfessorWolf

Easy .... like in 1982 or 2007 (but there'll be no 1989 or 2012).

exactly how i want them to end

just last of another tour and there isn't another one

no big thing made of it at the time

Date: July 12, 2022 21:22

If antoine says they will play europe the stones will play europe in 2023.

Bet sales will be bad though. You just feel the continent is milked

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:41

It would be nice to put way the
Stadium and change to 3000
Seats
Let them play for fun.....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:45

ProfessorWolf
what makes sense to me and follows what i believe to be the most solid rumours and logic are latin america after the holidays with a few north american dates tacked on at the end

probably as others suggested jazzfest

perhaps vancouver if it's warm enough here in the pnw for them

also maybe a las vegas date too or cochella again

and probably another show for robert kraft

after that i would have to assume if they still wanna continue touring

austraila/japan 2024

after that i have no idea 2025 is as far as i see them being able to continue like this

BC Place in Vancouver has a roof so no weather issues there.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:53

Yes my bet would be Europe again next year. There's a lot of places they skipped this year like Norway, Portugal, Switzerland (cancelled), Denmark, Scotland, Finland, Wales, Czech Republic, Ireland etc, they could do Netherlands again since it sold out in 5 minutes and we don't want to go to Frans Bauer next year either

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2022 22:14

Although they were just here last year and in 2019, there's still plenty of money to be made here in the states which no doubt is the main motivation for Mick and the band.
Even with astronomical inflation due to the poor leadership, and the still present threat of Covid, many people are still willing to spend lots of money to see the Stones.
And being such a massive country, there's still plenty of demand, and still plenty of places left for them to play. USA Fall of 2022 or the Spring/Summer 2023 seems like a given.

Date: July 12, 2022 22:48

They are not coming

Date: July 12, 2022 22:56

Hairball
Although they were just here last year and in 2019, there's still plenty of money to be made here in the states which no doubt is the main motivation for Mick and the band.
Even with astronomical inflation due to the poor leadership, and the still present threat of Covid, many people are still willing to spend lots of money to see the Stones.
And being such a massive country, there's still plenty of demand, and still plenty of places left for them to play. USA Fall of 2022 or the Spring/Summer 2023 seems like a given.

I wouldn't say it's a given just because the US concert market is so volatile and they require so much money. If they are still booking dates next year I wouldn't put Desert Trip part 2 past them.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:01

To say they've played every market in the US in 2019/2021 just isn't true. Manhattan being the most obvious missing city, but there are several others. Almost all of their 2021 shows here were nearly, if not completely sold out. Canada is also overdue a run. There are hundreds of stadiums, arenas, and theaters to choose from in North America.

Date: July 12, 2022 23:24

BFR
To say they've played every market in the US in 2019/2021 just isn't true. Manhattan being the most obvious missing city, but there are several others. Almost all of their 2021 shows here were nearly, if not completely sold out. Canada is also overdue a run. There are hundreds of stadiums, arenas, and theaters to choose from in North America.

Yep, and San Diego deserves another shot as the original scheduled show was taken off the list due to the stadium being demolished after the postponement.
They'll be back sooner than later without a doubt (God willing), and there's plenty of places for them left to pillage and plunder.

Date: July 12, 2022 23:35

BFR

Regardless of the boxscores, St Louis, LA1 and probably some other stadiums were only 75% full. LA1 was discounted all the way down to $5 but not hundred percent sure where (one said his girlfriend is a first responder) but heard this from 2 different people who don't know each other. So saying nearly and completely sold out just isn't true.

Not sure if Manhattan can be counted as it's own market since there isn't a stadium there. Depending on how a tour is scheduled, more NJ/NY stadium shows would be very possible for late summer/early fall/late spring but don't think we will see them at MSG again as there are other more lucrative venues and their own self imposed limits.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:52

Dan

Regardless of the boxscores, St Louis, LA1 and probably some other stadiums were only 75% full. LA1 was discounted all the way down to $5 but not hundred percent sure where (one said his girlfriend is a first responder) but heard this from 2 different people who don't know each other. So saying nearly and completely sold out just isn't true.

Not sure if Manhattan can be counted as it's own market since there isn't a stadium there. Depending on how a tour is scheduled, more NJ/NY stadium shows would be very possible for late summer/early fall/late spring but don't think we will see them at MSG again as there are other more lucrative venues and their own self imposed limits.

The box scores are an indication of what's sold, not what's attended, that's why I said "sold out" not "full stadiums" smiling smiley I was at the St. Louis show and people were just beginning to emerge for large scale events post-quarantine, not to mention that St. Louis isn't the most desirable destination, but I get your point.

There are 1.5 million people living in Manhattan, not including the other boroughs and Greater Manhattan. I'll amend the statement to say New York City. I think a lot of people travel to shows there with airports, hotels and transportation galore. At any rate, there are still several arenas and stadiums that are considered "New York" they could "sell out" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 23:55 by BFR.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2022 02:42

If they weren't so old they'd let the U.S. market cool down and let demand rise again. I guess there are enough places they haven't played in a long time in America that they could easily put together another 14 date tour whenever they felt like doing it. Like BFR said, the NYC area. San Diego. Philadephia.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2022 03:20

Dan
BFR

The 'market' ticket system prices to maximize revenue per venue. They could CLEARLY sell out any stadium in North America if the ticket price were $50 on average. So that's why 'selling out' really is meaningless. Your example of selling tickets for $5 to first responders, if true is simply an example of the market price being too high for the local market and at the last minute they needed to fill up some space.

To some degree that's the purpose of the Lucky Dip tickets...you'll get a great seat likely because not all of the obnoxiously priced seats are going to sell...no one wants to see empty seats in the front rows/pit. But, if the market is really hot you could end up with crappy seats.

No matter what, the Stones maximize their revenue in that market.

Date: July 13, 2022 04:33

How many times do I have to say there are not coming.
Even Carl Denson has dates booked in the fall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 05:04 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 04:43

Cooltoplady
Even Carl Densin has dates booked in the fall.

I dunno maybe a few more times?
Carl Densin lol

Date: July 13, 2022 04:53

As if a Stones tour is contingent on whether Karl Denson's schedule is open or not...lol...

Keith: Lets get ready to hit the road again boys!

Mick: Would love to Keith, but Karl has some shows planned - maybe when his schedule is free? We should ask him when is a good time!

Meanwhile, Keith, Mick, Ronnie, the rest of the band, and the entire crew are waiting on pins and needles for Karl to free up his schedule....
But then it turns out Bernard has some shows scheduled, and then Chuck is too busy, and on and on...

Date: July 13, 2022 05:05

nellcote'71
Cooltoplady
Even Carl Densin has dates booked in the fall.

I dunno maybe a few more times?
Carl Densin lol

I was a typo, grow up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2022 07:10

treaclefingers
Dan
BFR

The 'market' ticket system prices to maximize revenue per venue. They could CLEARLY sell out any stadium in North America if the ticket price were $50 on average. So that's why 'selling out' really is meaningless. Your example of selling tickets for $5 to first responders, if true is simply an example of the market price being too high for the local market and at the last minute they needed to fill up some space.

No matter what, the Stones maximize their revenue in that market.

Just over 35,000 in New Orleans in 2019 at the Superdome. Given the Jazz Fest situation, which would've had probably closer to 100,000 people...

U2 had basically the same amount in 2017.

Prior to their previous shows/tours?

No wonder both stopped showing up:

U2 in 1997 - just over 21,000 of 25,000 available.

TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND available! That's ridiculous!

Stones in 1994 - just over 32,000 out of 40,000 available.

32,000 paid for but... I recall reading that only 19,000 actually attended.

I was at both. Seemed like a lot less for both, more so the Stones!!!

U2's 1997 US tour undersold big time: a majority of shows did not sell out and a good bit of them didn't even get half the attendance available.

Stones 1994? A majority of shows sold out but there were just a handful that didn't.

Who knows.

Years later U2 would destroy the Stones' attendance and gross record by a respectable amount ie far less shows.

It's interesting that they've gone back and forth since from the 1990s onward in that regard (U2's ZOOROPA tour's B-stage inspired the Stones VOODOO B-stage).

Those days are over. They've been over for quite a while now and it will remain a thing of the past. No artist or band will ever come close to what the The Stones and U2 have done.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2022 07:13

Mick Jagger is working his a$$ each night and you all think they can do 10 more US dates this year?

Hasn't every single person on this thread been around for the last 10 years? It's one leg per year--done. People thought they'd double up on another tour last year because young gun Steve was with them--not the case. They're gonna be tired when this tour is over, they'll want a rest not shlep back to the US to do more shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 07:15 by Justin.

Date: July 13, 2022 07:44

If not this year, then USA 2023.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:49

Members here pointed out that Europe 2023 will happen if plans don't change. Somewhere I read about Warswa 2023. BV talked about making the schedule for this tour a little more tight. So maybe South America / Far East (except China of course) in Winter 2022/ spring 2023. But let's be realistic, they toured the US a lot, the 2019 tour even had 17 (!) shows instead of the regular 14. Slim chance they will play there before 2024 in my opinion, based on things I read on this forum and on their touring history.

As a European I'd rather like to see the Stones in South America, those shows would be a lot of fun.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:57

Dan
Hairball

I wouldn't say it's a given just because the US concert market is so volatile and they require so much money. If they are still booking dates next year I wouldn't put Desert Trip part 2 past them.

Given how much trouble the dry desert atmosphere gave Mick's voice last time, I doubt if they want to do that again.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 15:56

Cooltoplady
Even Carl Denson has dates booked in the fall.

Still not spelled right...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2022 16:04

Next in line should be South America, Japan and Australia. If the follow their standard manual. USA in 2023 then if everyone is willing and able.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home