Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in the Park (From the Vault) Blu-ray Region question
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 12:10

Hi,
I want to add the Stones in the Park - From the vault edition to my collection.
[www.discogs.com]. There is only a US version available.

I live in Europe, the discogs information says it's 'region 1'. It is my understanding that blu-ray discs don't have a region limitation, but I'm not 100% sure. Is this disc playable on BR players in Europe?

thanks

Re: Stones in the Park (From the Vault) Blu-ray Region question
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2022 12:25

jackflash27

Is this disc playable on BR players in Europe?

If your BR is really Region A/1 then it cannot be played on the European B/2 Player - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

"The Stones In The Park 1969" - BR-Disc with Region-Code B/2 - [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 12:35 by Irix.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 12:33

blu-rays are region locked in in three regions

region a, b and c

what i think they mean is region a you want one that says region b

and i don't know if it was only released in the us but if it was you should get a region free blu-ray player

that should solve the compatibility problem

Date: August 5, 2022 12:36

Irix
jackflash27

Is this disc playable on BR players in Europe?

If your BR is really Region A/1 then it cannot be played on the European B/2 Player - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

"The Stones In The Park 1969" - BR-Disc with Region-Code B/2 - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.de] .

isn't that a bootleg?

Date: August 5, 2022 12:40

ProfessorWolf

isn't that a bootleg?

No. Why should it?

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: August 5, 2022 12:48

ProfessorWolf
... a region free blu-ray player

Hi Professor! Is there (still) such a thing?
I was assured by someone 'in the bizniz' quite recently (about a year or so ago) that these are rapidly disappearing from the market...

Date: August 5, 2022 12:49

Irix
ProfessorWolf

isn't that a bootleg?

No. Why should it?

because the covers are different, it doesn't say from the vault, and there's extra special features not on them

but that being said if these's in the same quality as the official release and region b

that might be your easiest solution

Date: August 5, 2022 12:55

ProfessorWolf

because the covers are different, it doesn't say from the vault, and there's extra special features not on them

The different covers are due to the European versions. Afaik it was only released in the US under the Vault-Label.

Date: August 5, 2022 13:00

deeeskannnie
ProfessorWolf

I was assured by someone 'in the bizniz' quite recently (about a year or so ago) that these are rapidly disappearing from the market...

yes there still seems to be some on amazon but there not cheap

amazon.com

but if you want a lot of blu-rays and dvds not released in your region it might be worth the price

i personally don't have one though i just rip my imported dvds with handbrake and imported blu-ray's with make mkv

just ordered the deluxe blu-ray set of totally stripped and plan to rip it with make mkv when it arrives

though you can just play dvds at least from any region with vlc player on a computer since it ignores region locks that's what i do with british shows i import that i can't get here in the us

Date: August 5, 2022 13:00

To get a BR-Disc region-free you can simply rip it via AnyDVD, MakeMKV or DVDFab.

Date: August 5, 2022 13:02

Irix
ProfessorWolf

The different covers are due to the European versions. Afaik it was only released in the US under the Vault-Label.

okay....

i didn't know they released them with different covers in other countries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 13:04 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: August 5, 2022 13:37

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm looking specifically for the 'At the vault' Blu-ray. The discogs information gives this 'Region 1' information, but I'm not sure this is correct.
Look at this eBay item: [www.ebay.nl]~

I inspected the cover and the information on the disc, but nowhere anything about region specific. I'll just ask the seller if he knows anything about it.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 13:46

I think the Vault release is the only release with the New Stereo Mix. All other (especially european releases) are mono! Please proof me wrong smiling smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 14:16

I thought this From The Vault-release was a US only release?

I'm just playing it on my lap top, connecting it to my stereo system and chromecast it to my tv smiling smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 15:20

hockenheim95

Please proof me wrong smiling smiley

The 2016 release sounds like electronically processed Stereo - [iTunes.Apple.com] , [www.Amazon.de] .

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:35

I have this blu-ray and never had a problem playing it.
Not on my previous blu-ray player (a rather expensive one) and my current (cheap, crap model... but it does what it should do).

I live in Europe btw.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 5, 2022 17:50

BowieStone
Not on my previous blu-ray player (a rather expensive one) and my current (cheap, crap model... but it does what it should do).

I live in Europe btw.

Same with me, I got it and there are no problems.
Neither on the cover nor the disc is any region code mentioned.
Audio is so much better than on the european releases.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:19

ProfessorWolf
deeeskannnie
ProfessorWolf

amazon.com

but if you want a lot of blu-rays and dvds not released in your region it might be worth the price

i personally don't have one though i just rip my imported dvds with handbrake and imported blu-ray's with make mkv

just ordered the deluxe blu-ray set of totally stripped and plan to rip it with make mkv when it arrives

though you can just play dvds at least from any region with vlc player on a computer since it ignores region locks that's what i do with british shows i import that i can't get here in the us

Took a gander at the ones that pop up on Amazon. Didn't think the prices were bad at all. I paid roughly that for my 4K blu-ray that my now ex-wife #2 decided to keep the remote on. I'm going to be looking for a new bluray player come Black Friday anyway, so I'll bear these in mind - thanks! I have the DVD of this Vault release, and I've been toying with upgrading to the bluray. I, too, thought that the blurays were region free, which is why I've never worried about buying the uber-expensive Japanese only releases. I have that Super Deluxe Totally Stripped. Haven't opened or played it yet, but I thought they were region free? Are blurays starting to be limited to specific regions like DVDs?

Date: August 5, 2022 19:32

Now the cost for a 4K Region Free Bluray, that IS expensive! I guess it's all relative though....

Date: August 5, 2022 19:35

VoodooLounge13

Are blurays starting to be limited to specific regions like DVDs?

BR-Discs had always region-codes like DVDs. But it depends on from the content - some BRs have strict region-codes (e.g. 1 or 2) but other BRs can be more universal (e.g. code 123) - [en.Wikipedia.org] . Normally it's printed on the Cover and/or Disc which region-code is supported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 19:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:52

I'm in Holland and never had a problem with the japanese stones blurays that i have.
But I don't have stones in the park.

Date: August 5, 2022 21:14

Likewise, Whale. In fact, the only foreign blurays I own are Stones-related Japanese ones drinking smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 23:06

BowieStone

I live in Europe btw.

thanks for confirming what I already thought

Date: August 6, 2022 04:11

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
deeeskannnie
ProfessorWolf

amazon.com

Took a gander at the ones that pop up on Amazon. Didn't think the prices were bad at all. I paid roughly that for my 4K blu-ray that my now ex-wife #2 decided to keep the remote on. I'm going to be looking for a new bluray player come Black Friday anyway, so I'll bear these in mind - thanks! I have the DVD of this Vault release, and I've been toying with upgrading to the bluray. I, too, thought that the blurays were region free, which is why I've never worried about buying the uber-expensive Japanese only releases. I have that Super Deluxe Totally Stripped. Haven't opened or played it yet, but I thought they were region free? Are blurays starting to be limited to specific regions like DVDs?

they are very expensive to me

but i don't have a 4k player

all my players are thrift store finds

i have a dozen blu-ray players never paid more then $15

or i grab then from a local computer store where people bring there electronics to be recycled for a dollar

the owner let's me pick thru the stuff people bring in

amazing the stuff people just throw away i've found two year old 40" 4k tvs there that work fine

people just get new ones and toss the old and i get it for $10grinning smiley

Date: August 6, 2022 07:19

Damn that’s crazy, Wolf!! But good for you!!!

Date: August 6, 2022 08:39

VoodooLounge13
Damn that’s crazy, Wolf!! But good for you!!!

that's nothing it's just the biggest i've found i've bought 3 others there in the last 2 years and a monitor

and as for normal hd tvs (1920x1080) just take your pick

i got a 70inch lg from 2016 for $5 in may

with the remote!

as for crt's i've got a rca color roundie tv from the late 50's that works (after some work and new tubes)

(great for watching the stones on ed sullivangrinning smiley)

and i have many sony trinitrons and sony pvm monitors

i've found laser disc players, super betamax decks, reel to reel decks, and turntables there

and if your into vintage computers like me it's a godsend considering the prices online for stuff

i have a four foot stack of working ibm ps/2's

i've got german made computer terminals from the 60's and 70's

a big box of vintage ram, hdds, video & audio cards from the 80's and 90's

yesterday i found a working oscilloscope!

the amount of waste is insane and this is just a small rural town of a 1000

what's can be found in major city's i can only imagine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home