Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries‘ The Rolling Stones Project, Zig Zag Jazz Club, Aug 4th, 2022
Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:28

After this fantastic show at Waldbühne/Berlin of our favorite band, we had booked tables for both shows of Bernard and Tim’s Rolling Stones project the next evening.

Two sets were played, Stones songs in amazing Jazz versions. The band takes more or less loose versions of Stones songs, adds extensive jazz stretches, and all played with incredible musicianship. Bernard and Tim are wonderful musicians, very friendly, and proof of the great talent and musicality of the Stones touring and studio band. Of course, Charlie would have loved this show - as Bernard put it: “He’s up there and smiling at us.”

I should add that the other musicians in this jazz band put together for this evening were also incredible, congratulations! In particular, if you live in Berlin, and have the chance to see Tal Arditz (guitar) playing jazz, don’t miss the opportunity!

Line-up:
Bernard Fowler: vocals
Tim Ries: Sax, clarinet, piano
Tal Arditz: Guitar
Phil Donkin: Base
Mathis Grossmann: Drums

Set 1:
Honky tonk woman
Lady Jane
Wild horses
Band intro
Gimme shelter
A change is gonna come
Satisfaction
Encore:
Ruby tuesday

Set 2:
Honky tonk woman
Baby break it down
Wild horses
Band intro
Paint it black
A change is gonna come
Miss you
For all we know this could be a dream
Encore:
Little red rooster

Re: Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries‘ The Rolling Stones Project, Zig Zag Jazz Club, Aug 4th, 2022
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 5, 2022 06:55

Nice
Thanks for sharing

Re: Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries‘ The Rolling Stones Project, Zig Zag Jazz Club, Aug 4th, 2022
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 5, 2022 06:57

smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:00

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 20:31

Little Red Rooster 04.08.2022 Berlin, uploader Florian Reith:
[www.youtube.com]

It was an incredible show! I'm glad to have been there.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 7, 2022 01:35

Great set lists. Lucky people who saw them.
I had the pleasure in London, in the days around the O2 shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 7, 2022 17:48

I was lucky enough to see "Band 2" at The Musical Instrument Museum" the night after The Stones gig in Glendale at the stadium the Cardinals play...Sasha & Karl Denson also played with Tim...a great great show...if you have not been to the MIM please go if you find yourself in Phoenix

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 7, 2022 19:12

Im going to the the Charlie Watts tribute at the Blue Note in NYC at the end of the month.
Looking forward to it after seeing this.
I wonder if this will be a similar type of show?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home