Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jumpin' Jack Flash videos in 4K
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:40

“Jumpin’ Jack Flash” [Makeup Version] by The Rolling Stones
One of the official music videos for The Rolling Stones performing “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”. Originally produced in 1968 the videos have been faithfully restored in 4K resolution.

Non-Makeup Version:

Re: Jumpin' Jack Flash videos in 4K
Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:56

Hi guys, I was wondering, why are Brian's shots so close? Wyman or Richards are shown with wider camera shots. But Brian was shown with detail plans. I thought it was curious.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 4, 2022 16:27

Because Brian was wrecked and it accentuated the impact, plus he looked bloody cool

Posted by: cineplexed2 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 17:38

Love that one seems completely live and while the make up one is an over dub of the single with live vocal.

Date: August 4, 2022 17:39

I hope they remaster all their old videos and release them on a bluray compilation, a bit like Michael Jackson's Vision (featuring 4.5 hours of content of 42 music videos with newly restored color and remastered audio). The Stones do have cool music videos which are pretty unknown, like Too Much Blood and Undercover of the Night.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:11

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:42

dierdz
Hi guys, I was wondering, why are Brian's shots so close? Wyman or Richards are shown with wider camera shots. But Brian was shown with detail plans. I thought it was curious.

Maybe they didn’t want to show his hands fumbling along. Or at least try too

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 18:49

silly question here, if Brian had never left the band or died but instead stayed till IORR and left then would all those albums been the same just sound a little different with Brian on guitar.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2022 19:11

jason8903
silly question here, if Brian had never left the band or died but instead stayed till IORR and left then would all those albums been the same just sound a little different with Brian on guitar.

Maybe a little Sitar or Dulcimer on Moonlight Mile and Time Waits For No One.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:33

NilsHolgersson
I hope they remaster all their old videos and release them on a bluray compilation, a bit like Michael Jackson's Vision (featuring 4.5 hours of content of 42 music videos with newly restored color and remastered audio). The Stones do have cool music videos which are pretty unknown, like Too Much Blood and Undercover of the Night.

thumbs up
..and Flip the Switch or I Go Wild

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 4, 2022 20:52

Not if Taylor wasn't there two write those two songs.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: August 4, 2022 21:00

Charlie's pretty sweaty tonight,in'nt he

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 4, 2022 21:28

Maybe this restoration signals something is coming vis a vis a video compilation. That's a live version, the second, non-makeup one. At the end I hear some organ playing. I wonder who that was? I've always read that Bill played the funky little outgoing organ piece on the studio version of the song. Now this organ part being played on the non-makeup video is nowhere near the studio version, still, I wonder who did it?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 21:30

I was thinking the same thing in regards to a release!

Date: August 4, 2022 21:35

About time! This should be on there

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 4, 2022 22:18

VoodooLounge13
I was thinking the same thing in regards to a release!

Maybe the fact that these ABKCO-era videos appear on the Stones YouTube channel instead of ABKCO's gives you a hint...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2022 22:28

jason8903

Or...imagine if in 1969 Brian took an extended sabbatical to clean up and clear his head, and then eventually came back after Mick Taylor quit the band in 1974.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 22:31

Can anyone tell what guitar Brian is playing on the live version as opposed to Keith.And isit similar to what he played at the R&R circus, or does it sound different

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 23:17

NilsHolgersson

As of right now, all the promo films from the Sixties are coming out and will be online only.

Date: August 4, 2022 23:21

24FPS
Maybe this restoration signals something is coming vis a vis a video compilation. That's a live version, the second, non-makeup one. At the end I hear some organ playing. I wonder who that was? I've always read that Bill played the funky little outgoing organ piece on the studio version of the song. Now this organ part being played on the non-makeup video is nowhere near the studio version, still, I wonder who did it?

As of right now all the Sixties promo films are coming out but will be online only. In other words, no DVD or Blu-Ray release. Let us see what happens.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 4, 2022 23:28

Hairball

Or...imagine if in 1969 Brian took an extended sabbatical to clean up and clear his head, and then eventually came back after Mick Taylor quit the band in 1974.

There was a short-lived humor magazine in the 70's that tried to compete with National Lampoon called Apple Pie. In issue #7 (January '76) there is an article written in the style of a People magazine feature that is about that very topic.

Date: August 5, 2022 00:40

stones1969
NilsHolgersson

As of right now, all the promo films from the Sixties are coming out and will be online only.

Hmm okay. I don't know why but I'd like to have them on some official physical release.

Date: August 5, 2022 01:23

NilsHolgersson
stones1969
NilsHolgersson

Hmm okay. I don't know why but I'd like to have them on some official physical release.

So would I. Let's see what happens, but this is what I was told by a very reliable source.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:30

NilsHolgersson
Agree about the concept, but the MJ release is actually dreadful - the quality of many videos is worse on that set than on DVD's released 10 years prior.

They have reworked these properly, let's hope more will indeed follow!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:46

stones1969
24FPS

As of right now all the Sixties promo films are coming out but will be online only. In other words, no DVD or Blu-Ray release. Let us see what happens.

Someday there will be some kind of video release. They only have so much vintage concert material to sell and keep the spotlight on them.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:03

stones1969
24FPS

oh i'll put em' on a dvd alright!grinning smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:04

loog droog
Hairball

There was a short-lived humor magazine in the 70's that tried to compete with National Lampoon called Apple Pie. In issue #7 (January '76) there is an article written in the style of a People magazine feature that is about that very topic.

could you post it?

i'd like to read it

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:10

Two cool promo films from way back. Of course, I'll go more with film #2 which is live or has a fresh new backing track rendition that the Stones are miming to.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:14

ROCKMAN

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:15

perkmo
Charlie's pretty sweaty tonight,in'nt he

Rest in Peace Charlie! But Charlie in some old videos seemed to be kind of drunk, thus the sweating. IOW not from drugs. My take anyways.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home