Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20
Re: Berlin Germany 3-August-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:31

MonkeyMan2000
A good example for footage shot with the normal stage cameras is Wild Horses from London ‘18.

there they even used backstage and rehearsal material and many slow motion scenes to make the filming more interesting and I would even bet the shots at 1:40 and 4:20 are from smartphone recordings as the color is different and the angle is completely weird for a professional camera.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 15:34 by hockenheim95.

Re: Berlin Germany 3-August-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:37

In some clips you can also see a remotely controlled little camera that can spin and look up and down. Maybe it's identical with the Charlie cam which would reproduce the shakes on the big screen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:40

StonedRambler

Maybe in a few years as a vault release.

Yep. Or as Bonus-Videos. Not necessarily 'hundred' additional cameras needed for that ....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:47

what about newark and glastonbury did they have professional crews for them?

what if they don't plan a physical release but a tv broadcast or something quickly slapped together like that?

would they go thru the trouble of a professional film crew for that?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 15:52

ProfessorWolf

what if they don't plan a physical release but a tv broadcast or something quickly slapped together like that?

I guess at Glasto they have the film crew anyway for the TV broadcast the BBC does every year. And in Newark they had cameras for cam flights over the crowd and other crowd and wide stage shots.

It‘s just not in their style to release anything optically mediocre for cinema, and TV style filming doesn‘t make sense if it‘s not being boradcast live, I guess…

Date: August 5, 2022 15:54

ProfessorWolf

Here's Newark: [www.youtube.com]

Just look at the first minutes before the opening film and see how many cameras they have in the entire arena! Multiple cranes and even cameras on the upper level! I even believe they use a spidercam there!

Glastonbury has their own professional crew which films the whole festival for television and also had many many more cameras than we see at a normal Stones show!

Especially for Waldbühne crane and spidercam shots of the audience are a must!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 16:02 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2022 16:10

I'd be happy with a single stationary camera view of the stage itself with the ability to zoom in and out, and with maybe a few brief pans to the crowd.
Sometimes the multi-cam professional filimng can take away the humanity and feel of a show, so something a bit more restrained and subtle might be fitting for such a nice old venue.
As long as the sound is 100% high fidelity, no need for all the visual bells and whistles.

Date: August 5, 2022 16:20

Hairball

Sometimes the multi-cam professional filming can take away the humanity and feel of a show

Especially those super-fast MTV-style video-cuts. Or the destroyed 2015 Fonda-Show due to the inserted interviews and the changed song-order.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 16:26 by Irix.

Date: August 5, 2022 16:23

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf

Here's Newark: [www.youtube.com]

Just look at the first minutes before the opening film and see how many cameras they have in the entire arena! Multiple cranes and even cameras on the upper level! I even believe they use a spidercam there!

Glastonbury has their own professional crew which films the whole festival for television and also had many many more cameras than we see at a normal Stones show!

Especially for Waldbühne crane and spidercam shots of the audience are a must!

ah oh well

it was a nice idea

i forfeit

just have to wait for falo's video

Date: August 5, 2022 16:45

ProfessorWolf

just have to wait for falo's video

Or use your own complete recording. winking smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 17:01

well i could slap something together i guesswinking smiley

Posted by: StonesChild ()
Date: August 5, 2022 17:38

Well, 40 years ago this summer I saw my first ever Stones show. Even back then some people were saying that it might be the band's last tour.....thankfully how wrong they were......the show in Berlin 2 days ago was probably as good as I've ever experienced, and I only say "probably' rather than definitely because the mind is getting on a bit and it's difficult to accurately recall even a tenth of the many Stones shows, not to mention thousands of other gigs i've seen over the years.
But for overall sheer experience, I can't recall a better Stones experience than Berlin these past few days, not just the thrill of seeing Mike, Keef, Ronnie & co playing such an iconic venue as Waldbuhne while still on top of their game.....and lots of other highlights like having such a blast hanging out with my best pals for a few days, meeting several new pals in Berlin as well as bumping into a few old faces, enjoying a George Thorogood show for the first time in 40 years since he supported the Stones back in 82, catching the band inside the Adlon (I've been lucky to have met Mick, Ronnie and Bill in person, and spent a bit of time with Ronnie but I still get teenage like goosebumps whenever I see them!).......just looking at some vids of Berlin now is bringing it all back to me, memories like this are more priceless as I get older, heck, just being able to enjoy unfettered fun is sheer joy after all the s*** we've lived through in the past 2 Covid infested years,,,,,I know it's only rock n roll but I luv luv luv it!!!
Hopefully this won't have been the last time, but if it has been the last time for me then it's an enormous thank you to the lads for the past 40 years, I'm privileged to have lived to have seen the greatest ever band, there will never be another like them. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 5, 2022 18:26

Thanks for the link to Newark (2). Great to reminisce on the arena show, nearly nine years ago.

Intro with fans and celebs has Bjornulf, Thru and Thru, and is that Paulywaul? I am close side stage left in an IORR shirt--someone noticed it in the tape, and other IORRians in the pit, as I recall...

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 19:06 by angee.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 5, 2022 18:43

The whole show on YouTube (not by me)
[youtu.be]

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:08

This was Berlin 2022 Waldbuehne for me.
My 65or more Show.
Make your own Decision about the situation. The Show itself was awesome. BUT:
- Ticket EUR 860 / Early Entry
- have been at the venue at 12 o'clock to wait
- then they took away the Tents, so waited in the direct sun at 35 Degrees Celsius
- no Water provided
- finally – doors open - got a great spot at the rail / 1. Row, Keith Side / WOW!
- incredibly happy for the next 1,5 hours
BUT THAN:
>20-30 People came in from the side in front (!) of us (to renember: we had Early Entry Pit tickets)
>They have completely blocked the view forward. They have drunk away the few drinks that were officially sold in front. thy played around with their mobile phones and couldn't do anything with the music.
>still no water for us
>no (1. Row) Contact or any interaction to the band possible
>no security for us possible
>keith and ronnie throw pic / pleques – they got them all!

NO ONE CAME HERE TO SEE THIS PEOPLE IN FRONT OF US!

>This was the view:
Is this the way you treat the fans?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 20:59 by harald2002.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:18

That is a real pity they did that.
Especially when people pay extra money for early entrance.
Im assuming they were all super-VIP's?

Perhaps it was due to the layout of this venue?
They could not accomadate a side pit for the VIPs?

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:21

Wonder who those people were. I was further away and thought it was people from the crew. I thought "nice that they give their crew the chance to watch the final show of the tour". Now looking at the pictures they all look a bit too young for being crew members

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:27

with some delay i have to shout it out loud: THAT WAS @#$%& AWESOME!!!!!
WHAT A VENUE (you have to be there to realize how amazing it is)
WHAT A BAND, WHAT A SETLIST!
it was one of those nights when everything is just absolutely amazing!
i've seen the band about 15 times. first time 1990. alot of good shows, some very good but i will always remember this special night. what a fantastic SHOW! and as sad as it is, because it most probably is like that: WHAT A FINALE!

Date: August 5, 2022 19:55

StonedRambler

Wonder who those people were.

Probably from the Promoter or Sponsor. In 2017 in Düsseldorf there came also suddenly a lot of young people into the Pit, seemingly for free.

Date: August 5, 2022 19:59

Horrible. They block the whole view. Good luck complaining to the eventim thiefs

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:19

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Horrible. They block the whole view. Good luck complaining to the eventim thiefs

They couldn’t block the whole view, because of the high stage. But it is not funny to the ones who bought early entree, as not to other people. I’ll assume they are ”friends or family” of the band. No not Theodora the daughter of Keith who was there too. Other relatives. I’ve seen the children of Keith or Mick more than once at a concert, but they never stand in the way or in the view of the crowd, nor take any of the guitar picks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 20:23 by Christiaan.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: August 5, 2022 20:31

At the Amsterdam concert, the stadium staff thought they could do anything. Despite their reserved stand-up near the second stage, they regularly came to mess up PIT B. I had to be mean to them for them to understand these bastards. I went to amsterdam twice for one show so...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: August 5, 2022 21:10

Christiaan
[youtu.be]

video is not available anymore... pity.

sjouke

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 21:20

Christiaan
PaintMonkeyManBlack

They couldn’t block the whole view, because of the high stage. But it is not funny to the ones who bought early entree, as not to other people. I’ll assume they are ”friends or family” of the band. No not Theodora the daughter of Keith who was there too. Other relatives. I’ve seen the children of Keith or Mick more than once at a concert, but they never stand in the way or in the view of the crowd, nor take any of the guitar picks

Yes, they blocked the view as you can see on the picture this area in front is raised/ higher and you have to go steps up to stand there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 21:21 by harald2002.

Date: August 5, 2022 21:25

Sjouke
Christiaan
[youtu.be]

video is not available anymore... pity.

sjouke

Damn this was a fantastic recording, was just watching it

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 22:15

harald2002
Christiaan
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Yes, they blocked the view as you can see on the picture this area in front is raised/ higher and you have to go steps up to stand there.
Damn, that really is shitty. You have every right to be pissed off imo. Not cool.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2022 22:26

Oh, the "Golden Ticket" people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 22:26 by Topi.

Date: August 5, 2022 22:37

Topi

Yeahh, at all other Shows (maybe except Hyde Park) they've been next to the B-Stage at the catwalk

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2022 22:49

I think I saw some of them go back there at Hyde Park, too.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: August 5, 2022 22:49

hockenheim95
Topi

Yeahh, at all other Shows (maybe except Hyde Park) they've been next to the B-Stage at the catwalk

So what were these tickets? I had two of them coming over to Pit B in Stockholm with actual beer bottles in their hands, stand square in front of us and chat all show long.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home