Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Berlin Germany 3-August-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 10:56

Seven Exile songs were played live
Highest:
Hot Rocks!
Nah, probably Exile or LIB

Lowest
TSMR, a wild guess[/quote]

All of Some Girls has been played.

And Beggars Banquet — all except Dear Doctor and Jigsaw Puzzle.[/quote]

Not true.[/quote]

Ok, what's not true?

Re: Berlin Germany 3-August-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:01

Nikkei
From what I've heard you could have always went up that tower that is visible there in the background and seen the whole thing for free

I've seen a few people hiding in the woods, near the toilets (halfway up the stairs on 'Ronnie's side'. They were behind a fence, but could enjoy the concert anyway. There was a guy who climbed the fence and got in easy. I would not be surprised more people have done this.

What a fantastic location this is. It's big, but seems very small and cosy. This makes me think how ugly, boring and bleak those big stadiums are. I mean, I went to Stockholm and it was a great concert, but nothing compared to the Waldbühne. Truly a show to remember for not only the reason 'last of the tour'.

Re: Berlin Germany 3-August-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:03

Great show yesterday, band was playing well and loved the surprises (which I didn't expect anymore). My first time seeing them at the Waldbühne - can't think of a better outdoor venue to see them in. Though I must say the queues to enter were bizarre, I haven't encountered that type of disorganization in years.

Had so much fun this tour. Let's see what's next for the guys!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:05

jackflash27
Nikkei
From what I've heard you could have always went up that tower that is visible there in the background and seen the whole thing for free

I've seen a few people hiding in the woods, near the toilets (halfway up the stairs on 'Ronnie's side'. They were behind a fence, but could enjoy the concert anyway. There was a guy who climbed the fence and got in easy. I would not be surprised more people have done this.

What a fantastic location this is. It's big, but seems very small and cosy. This makes me think how ugly, boring and bleak those big stadiums are. I mean, I went to Stockholm and it was a great concert, but nothing compared to the Waldbühne. Truly a show to remember for not only the reason 'last of the tour'.

I saw three people doing this. Two of them ended up in the already overcrowded Pit. They didn't even have enough wristbands and people got in without any checking...it was way better Organized elsewhere

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:11

jackflash27
Nikkei

Pssst that is how I got in there in 2014. The fence itself I couldn't climb because of the Y-shape but I went up one tree and down another. But there's a saying that you can't step into the same river twice

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:26

Dear Bjornulf,

I owe you an explanation for me mentioning the hotel Adlon where the Rolling Stones were staying when in Berlin.

Generally you are completely right that the hotels where they stay are kept secret here on this board. If they do not want to be known where they stay it is right not to mention it and to respect their privacy. I really do appreciate your sense of respect, and it was not my intention to violate it.

But during this tour, at Vienna and Berlin it was officially announced at their arrival in the respective city in the media like TV, newspapers and on the Internet that they would stay at the Hotel Imperial in Vienna and at the Hotel Adlon in Berlin. Both of these hotels are basically the best hotels in town with many important guests, and they sure know how to handle security issues, not unless because they have lots of VIPs as guests. The Hotel Imperial is the official Hotel of the republic of Austria where international political leaders are accommodated during state visits. There were news reports in the Austrian TV about the Stones leaving the Hotel Imperial before the concert where the name of the hotel was mentioned, and if you know Vienna just a little you could see at first glance which hotel they left. I cannot imagine such widespread reports mentioning the hotel if the Stones had wanted to keep it a secret. Somehow it appeared to me that they helped promoting these luxury hotels, and this is why I wrote an ironic message about the picture of Mick Jagger and his son Lucas pictured at a window of the Hotel Adlon in Berlin.

In Berlin you could read in the newspapers (and again on many Internet sites) that Mick Jagger was living in the Presidential suite of the Hotel Adlon which costs about 15,000 Euros a night according to the official website of the hotel. You could also read that fans would not see them arriving at the hotel because they were driven by car directly into the garage. At Vienna, I once had the opportunity to see the suite at the Hotel Imperial where guests of his status are accommodated. It is of course very impressive because both of the hotels are very old and famous ones, the Hotel Imperial having been opened in 1873 by the Emperor Franz Joseph himself. You can easily find the prices of the suites on the Internet.

I see no reason why we should respect a privacy that the Stones themselves obviously do not ask for when they help to promote the hotels. In these two cases, they changed their PR strategy, and this is where my message was aimed at. I would never have mentioned the name of another hotel even if I had known it (but believe me, I am not interested in these things).

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:32

I can imagine that everyone who was present at the Waldbühne last night will be glowing
for the rest of the year from what they've experienced. Having been served with both
All down the line AND Rocks Off, I would have been ready to die, if I would have been
there.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 4, 2022 11:41

saltoftheearth
Dear Bjornulf,

I see no reason why we should respect a privacy that the Stones themselves obviously do not ask for when they help to promote the hotels.

The reason is very simple. BV runs this forum, his rules. Either you respect the very few rules or you may choose one of many other Stones forums out there.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:00

right now there's a huge fire at Berlin Grunewald. => [www.rbb24.de]

There are traffic disruptions (motorways, trains etc.)

(dear BV: this news is not directly Stones related. But it might be important to all the Stones fans who are still in Berlin and who are traveling back home today)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 12:03 by slewan.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:25

KeVvV2011
Great show yesterday, band was playing well and loved the surprises (which I didn't expect anymore). My first time seeing them at the Waldbühne - can't think of a better outdoor venue to see them in. Though I must say the queues to enter were bizarre, I haven't encountered that type of disorganization in years.

Well, the venue is great, but usually it sucks, because they only bring half their equipment, like when I saw them there in 2014. Didn't see a proper 14 on fire show then with the full stage. So if you only attend 1 show, Waldbühne is not the place to go. But for this tour, it's perfect, as the full stage is ugly anyway.

Date: August 4, 2022 12:27

dnewton99
Mine will be up soon - uploading but slow

[www.youtube.com]

Note: very shaky some of the vids.. My compadres next to me jumping up and down, me jumping up and down etc - but you will probably enjoy parts of it particularly my fun fun fun gal pals creating some great fun

We are all on the rail.. much narrower stage and shorter catwalk meant way less rail space - we lined up very early, had a very hot and sweaty day waiting often in direct blistering sun and show was very very hot.. WORTH IT

No need to apologize. Thank you for all the great videos of this tour!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:32

AntoineParis
MisterDDDD
Hope they do bust out Brown Sugar for this.

Paranoid part of me worries it would potentially signal the last show though.
The Glimmers both said they hoped to bring it back someday..

Mick- " 'We'll take that one out for now and see how it goes.' We might put it back in."

Keith: “I don’t want to get into conflict with all of this s**t ... but I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track.”
[www.irishtimes.com]
It's juste for the movie. Big buisness tonight. Soon on your screen

So the show was definately recorded for DVD purpose? Did not see any extra video yesterday unfortunately. Will we see it for X-mas?

Date: August 4, 2022 12:36

You can't will Brown Sugar or a DVD into existence. At worst you might jinx it

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:36

saltoftheearth
Dear Bjornulf,

I owe you an explanation for me mentioning the hotel Adlon where the Rolling Stones were staying when in Berlin.

Generally you are completely right that the hotels where they stay are kept secret here on this board. If they do not want to be known where they stay it is right not to mention it and to respect their privacy. I really do appreciate your sense of respect, and it was not my intention to violate it.

But during this tour, at Vienna and Berlin it was officially announced at their arrival in the respective city in the media like TV, newspapers and on the Internet that they would stay at the Hotel Imperial in Vienna and at the Hotel Adlon in Berlin. Both of these hotels are basically the best hotels in town with many important guests, and they sure know how to handle security issues, not unless because they have lots of VIPs as guests. The Hotel Imperial is the official Hotel of the republic of Austria where international political leaders are accommodated during state visits. There were news reports in the Austrian TV about the Stones leaving the Hotel Imperial before the concert where the name of the hotel was mentioned, and if you know Vienna just a little you could see at first glance which hotel they left. I cannot imagine such widespread reports mentioning the hotel if the Stones had wanted to keep it a secret. Somehow it appeared to me that they helped promoting these luxury hotels, and this is why I wrote an ironic message about the picture of Mick Jagger and his son Lucas pictured at a window of the Hotel Adlon in Berlin.

In Berlin you could read in the newspapers (and again on many Internet sites) that Mick Jagger was living in the Presidential suite of the Hotel Adlon which costs about 15,000 Euros a night according to the official website of the hotel. You could also read that fans would not see them arriving at the hotel because they were driven by car directly into the garage. At Vienna, I once had the opportunity to see the suite at the Hotel Imperial where guests of his status are accommodated. It is of course very impressive because both of the hotels are very old and famous ones, the Hotel Imperial having been opened in 1873 by the Emperor Franz Joseph himself. You can easily find the prices of the suites on the Internet.

I see no reason why we should respect a privacy that the Stones themselves obviously do not ask for when they help to promote the hotels. In these two cases, they changed their PR strategy, and this is where my message was aimed at. I would never have mentioned the name of another hotel even if I had known it (but believe me, I am not interested in these things).

Please do NOT use the live thread for discussing IORR posting policy.

Having said that, the IORR posting rules are the same, no change, you are a guest using IORR under the terms as published. The rules are moderate. I do have my own mind.

If you wish to discuss the IORR posting rules then feel free to send me an e-mail. I may not have time to go into lengthy discussions, life is short and busy as it is.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:41

henrik87
AntoineParis
MisterDDDD
Hope they do bust out Brown Sugar for this.

Paranoid part of me worries it would potentially signal the last show though.
The Glimmers both said they hoped to bring it back someday..

Mick- " 'We'll take that one out for now and see how it goes.' We might put it back in."

Keith: “I don’t want to get into conflict with all of this s**t ... but I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track.”
[www.irishtimes.com]
It's juste for the movie. Big buisness tonight. Soon on your screen

So the show was definately recorded for DVD purpose? Did not see any extra video yesterday unfortunately. Will we see it for X-mas?

I didn't see any additional cameras. It was the same setup as for any other show! I don't expect a full release!

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:42

PatrickS77
KeVvV2011

Well, the venue is great, but usually it sucks, because they only bring half their equipment, like when I saw them there in 2014. Didn't see a proper 14 on fire show then with the full stage. So if you only attend 1 show, Waldbühne is not the place to go. But for this tour, it's perfect, as the full stage is ugly anyway.
I guess it depends on what you like to see. If you care about the stage then obviously you are right. Personally I don't (and you're right, on this tour it was nothing to write home about anyway) and prefer something more intimate and unique.

Plus, the sound was really good too! Hope someone got a good recording of it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 12:46 by KeVvV2011.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 12:52

KeVvV2011
I guess it depends on what you like to see. If you care about the stage then obviously you are right. Personally I don't (and you're right, on this tour it was nothing to write home about anyway) and prefer something more intimate and unique.

Plus, the sound was really good too! Hope someone got a good recording of it!

Well. I like the full bang for the (not cheap) buck. ;-) But yeah, if you don't care about that other stuff then Waldbühne is the place to be. Other than stage, I loved it in '14, even though I wasn't in the pit, like I usually am at concerts. It's a great sight all around, the people on stage and the crowd.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:18

bitusa2012
umakmehrd
Powerage78 do you consider ACDC a nostalgic act now also?

Ac/Dc have actually had three albums of new original material since the last Stones album of same. Hardly nostalgic compared to The Stones.

Thanks for the clarification, some Stones fans have a short memory and find all the faults in other bands, laughable.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: August 4, 2022 13:39

<Ac/Dc have actually had three albums of new original material since the last Stones album of same. Hardly nostalgic compared to The Stones>

And how many albums have they released? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 13:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 4, 2022 13:46

DandelionPowderman

And how many albums have they released? ;)

You are talking about the Stones and original material since 2005 dear DP ? winking smiley

Date: August 4, 2022 13:52

Why would you discuss ACDC here

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 4, 2022 13:55

DandelionPowderman

And how many albums have they released? winking smiley

Far more (like 300% more) than my favourite band in the past 2 decades

Rod

Date: August 4, 2022 14:06

maumau
Green Lady
Fool To Cry [www.youtube.com]

goosebumps

thank you

love the stones

Fantastic thumbs up

Date: August 4, 2022 14:08

powerage78
DandelionPowderman

And how many albums have they released? ;)

You are talking about the Stones and original material since 2005 dear DP ? winking smiley

No, the total amount of albums smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:14

powerage78
bitusa2012
umakmehrd
Powerage78 do you consider ACDC a nostalgic act now also?

Ac/Dc have actually had three albums of new original material since the last Stones album of same. Hardly nostalgic compared to The Stones.

Thanks for the clarification, some Stones fans have a short memory and find all the faults in other bands, laughable.

thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:45

In the RS-picture from [Twitter.com] you can see Wolfgang Niedecken from the Kölschrock-Band BAP :

BAP were in July 1982 in Cologne the opening act for the Stones. Next to Wolfgang Niedecken sat Claudia Roth of the party 'Die Grünen' (The Greens). I'm in this picture too, sitting near to Wolfgang Niedecken.

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:46

GasLightStreet
MelBelli
ManuelStones
erbissell
NashvilleBlues
JivinSisterFanny
TheBluesHadaBaby
JivinSisterFanny
Coincidentally--to me, anyway--just yesterday, I was looking into the most "Exile" songs stacked into a single set in recent tours (of the 5-6 still in rotation). There were these same four in Detroit in 2015. Damn near an "Exile on Main Street" 50th anniversary feature!

Reminds me, I was recently doodling with the 15 song setlist we got in 1972 (saw 'em in Norfolk) and counted six Exile songs. Do you know if there were ever that many again? My guess is unfortunately "no."

Hey there! I am admittedly overly focused on setlists, so I did manage to piss away a good hour or so looking into which songs they played awhile back. Here's the last time they played songs from Exile--there are a few surprises, and some never heard live (updated today):

1. Rocks Off (2022)
2. Rip This Joint (2003)
3. Shake Your Hips (Never)
4. Casino Boogie (Never)
5. Tumbling Dice (2022)
6. Sweet Virginia (2022)
7. Torn and Frayed (2002)
8. Sweet Black Angel (1972 once)
9. Loving Cup (2014)
10. Happy (2022)
11. Turd on the Run (Never)
12. Ventilator Blues (1972 once)
13. I Just Want To See His Face (Never)
14. Let It Loose (Never)
15. Stop Breaking Down (Never)
16. All Down the Line (2022)
17. Shine A Light (2017)
18. Soul Survivor (Never)

Seven Exile songs were played live when they played Sweet Black Angel for the only time. My uncle was there. Here’s the setlist…

[www.setlist.fm]

Appreciate the time to make this list for us! Just 1 correction: Stop Breaking Down was played in 1995 with Robert Cray.

Would be curious which albums have the highest percentage of songs played live off them and which have the lowest...something to spend time on in the off season before the next tour smiling smiley

Highest:
Hot Rocks!

Lowest
TSMR, a wild guess

And Beggars Banquet — all except Dear Doctor and Jigsaw Puzzle.

Not true.

Right, thanks. I missed "Stop Breaking Down" in Miami 1994. I've corrected it where I can.

As far as the other question--highest percentage and lowest: they played all of Sticky Fingers in 2015 and they still pull pretty heavily from LIB. You're probably right about Satanic Majesty's (though they jokingly threatened to play it ALL in LA). I'd also speculate lowest would be Dirty Work, maybe Undercover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 14:54 by JivinSisterFanny.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:51

for all of you who are still at Berlin. At Dussmann book and record store you get a free Stones poster with any Stones related article you buy. I bought Blue+Lonesome for just 5.13 Euros and the poster I got is really huge

Date: August 4, 2022 14:58

JivinSisterFanny
GasLightStreet
MelBelli
ManuelStones
erbissell
NashvilleBlues
JivinSisterFanny
TheBluesHadaBaby
JivinSisterFanny
Coincidentally--to me, anyway--just yesterday, I was looking into the most "Exile" songs stacked into a single set in recent tours (of the 5-6 still in rotation). There were these same four in Detroit in 2015. Damn near an "Exile on Main Street" 50th anniversary feature!

Reminds me, I was recently doodling with the 15 song setlist we got in 1972 (saw 'em in Norfolk) and counted six Exile songs. Do you know if there were ever that many again? My guess is unfortunately "no."

Hey there! I am admittedly overly focused on setlists, so I did manage to piss away a good hour or so looking into which songs they played awhile back. Here's the last time they played songs from Exile--there are a few surprises, and some never heard live (updated today):

1. Rocks Off (2022)
2. Rip This Joint (2003)
3. Shake Your Hips (Never)
4. Casino Boogie (Never)
5. Tumbling Dice (2022)
6. Sweet Virginia (2022)
7. Torn and Frayed (2002)
8. Sweet Black Angel (1972 once)
9. Loving Cup (2014)
10. Happy (2022)
11. Turd on the Run (Never)
12. Ventilator Blues (1972 once)
13. I Just Want To See His Face (Never)
14. Let It Loose (Never)
15. Stop Breaking Down (Never)
16. All Down the Line (2022)
17. Shine A Light (2017)
18. Soul Survivor (Never)

Seven Exile songs were played live when they played Sweet Black Angel for the only time. My uncle was there. Here’s the setlist…

[www.setlist.fm]

Appreciate the time to make this list for us! Just 1 correction: Stop Breaking Down was played in 1995 with Robert Cray.

Would be curious which albums have the highest percentage of songs played live off them and which have the lowest...something to spend time on in the off season before the next tour smiling smiley

Highest:
Hot Rocks!

Lowest
TSMR, a wild guess

And Beggars Banquet — all except Dear Doctor and Jigsaw Puzzle.

Not true.

Right, thanks. I missed "Stop Breaking Down" in Miami 1994. I've corrected it where I can.

As far as the other question--highest percentage and lowest: they played all of Sticky Fingers in 2015 and they still pull pretty heavily from LIB. You're probably right about Satanic Majesty's (though they jokingly threatened to play it ALL in LA). I'd also speculate lowest would be Dirty Work, maybe Undercover.

They've done 3 songs off each of those (if you count Key To The Highway from DW) smiling smiley

From TSMR there are only 2 (2000LYFH and SAR)

Date: August 4, 2022 15:01

Only 4 (/19) tracks from the Ronnie Wood Era yesterday !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home