Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 08:22

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
bye bye johnny

Robert Eklund
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 1, 2022 09:15

I've only watched the clips available but looks like they are firing on all cylinders now.

They've always prided themselves of how great they sound at the end of the tour which I always disagreed with. I think they always turned too smooth by the end of a run. But today, they're sounding splendid as the end. Superb stuff in Angie, Out of Control and JJF.

Man. These guys.

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:21

ProfessorWolf
MelBelli
Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

So strange. Most players as their ears age need more treble and brightness. Ronnie has gone darker in his tone. Technique is what it is, but it’s very hard even for my 46yr old ears to hear any definition out of that murk.

really?

sounded like one of his best this tour to me

oh well must just be a matter of personal taste

but i'm with the critics on the quality of his tumbling dice solo

With all due respect it was unlistenable to my ears, watching him fool around and waving and flaying his arms throughout the show hardly playing most of the time i get the feeling sadly that this is the last tour for Ronnie and he knows it, possibly he knows it's the last tour for all of them, who knows.
He seems more passionate about selling tens of thousands of set lists prints for £80 a time and putting out spoilers at this stage in the game, i don't believe his heart is in playing live with the Stones anymore and it's got little to do with his health as we know he got the all clear nearly two years ago and put on great performances last year after a difficult start to the tour.
Physically he appears in great shape running and jumping along throughout, to my ears and eyes he's just not interested in playing and soloing at a level that's acceptable for the greatest rock and roll band in the world.
If you guys still appreciate Ronnie's efforts i'm happy for you, but don't get personal with me because i think he either can't or won't play to the best of his ability. If Keith played like that the comments would be merciless, be thankful Ronnie gets a free pass and is generally loved by all, i love him but enough is enough, he's putting a damper on what has been a monumental effort from Mick and Keith to celebrate 60 years together with pride and in style.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:29

What was that ABBA/avatar-joke Mick made?
I've seen a short smartphone clip of it; but couldn't make out the audio -
apart from: "...so tonite you'll have to do with THE REAL THING!!" at the end.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:56

How can they drop 19th Nervous Breakdown this late into the tour? For me that is a bait-and-switch move.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 10:57

What a show. What a band. What a ambiance.

The show just got better and better after every song.

Met some nice people including Mr.Jimmy in pit A. Glad you made it! And some other great people too. Including the man with the Ronnie B Good sign. Iwas on the big screen for a second with him!

Was at the perfect spot. Mick stopped right in front of us many many times.
When Sasha did her amazing Gimme Shelter bit 3 meters from me i got shivers. Ill carry that memory to the grave.

I could swear i exchanged looks with Mick for half a second during Tumbling Dice.

Worth every penny and more.

Met some friends after the gig and had much fun at the bar.
Now im back home and going to sleep.
Night!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:01

Insipid and messy solo by Ronnie during Tumbling Dice, which he seems to shorten himself.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:03

deeeskannnie
”We went to this Abba concert while we were in London and we’re working hard with our own holograms. But we’re not quite ready yet, so tonight you’ll have to do with the real thing.” Something like that.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:06

Nikkei
How can they drop 19th Nervous Breakdown this late into the tour? For me that is a bait-and-switch move.

they doing it every second show…

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:07

padre69
deeeskannnie
”We went to this Abba concert while we were in London and we’re working hard with our own holograms. But we’re not quite ready yet, so tonight you’ll have to do with the real thing.” Something like that.

Chrz, Padre. Thx! smoking smiley

Date: August 1, 2022 11:07

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
MelBelli
Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

So strange. Most players as their ears age need more treble and brightness. Ronnie has gone darker in his tone. Technique is what it is, but it’s very hard even for my 46yr old ears to hear any definition out of that murk.

really?

With all due respect it was unlistenable to my ears, watching him fool around and waving and flaying his arms throughout the show hardly playing most of the time i get the feeling sadly that this is the last tour for Ronnie and he knows it, possibly he knows it's the last tour for all of them, who knows.
He seems more passionate about selling tens of thousands of set lists prints for £80 a time and putting out spoilers at this stage in the game, i don't believe his heart is in playing live with the Stones anymore and it's got little to do with his health as we know he got the all clear nearly two years ago and put on great performances last year after a difficult start to the tour.
Physically he appears in great shape running and jumping along throughout, to my ears and eyes he's just not interested in playing and soloing at a level that's acceptable for the greatest rock and roll band in the world.
If you guys still appreciate Ronnie's efforts i'm happy for you, but don't get personal with me because i think he either can't or won't play to the best of his ability. If Keith played like that the comments would be merciless, be thankful Ronnie gets a free pass and is generally loved by all, i love him but enough is enough, he's putting a damper on what has been a monumental effort from Mick and Keith to celebrate 60 years together with pride and in style.

Ronnie has always been some kind of clown, often more fooling around than playing… so nothing really new

Date: August 1, 2022 11:12

slewan
Nikkei

They didn't do it yesterday, didn't do it in Gelsenkirchen. I thought every show before had it included except maybe for one of the Hyde Parks?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:18

deeeskannnie

See Matt Lee's video for the full speech..

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:21

Nikkei
slewan
Nikkei

They didn't do it yesterday, didn't do it in Gelsenkirchen. I thought every show before had it included except maybe for one of the Hyde Parks?

At Hyde Park it was played both shows but it was replaced with LSTNT in Amsterdam, Vienna, Lyon, Gelsenkirchen and Stockholm.

Date: August 1, 2022 11:40

hockenheim95
Nikkei
slewan
Nikkei

At Hyde Park it was played both shows but it was replaced with LSTNT in Amsterdam, Vienna, Lyon, Gelsenkirchen and Stockholm.

Ok well that's a couple I didn't know about. But I imagine everyone was psyched and expected it, also at these places. Out of Time, well okay, technically a winner but there's no way I can get excited about Matt Clifford. LSTNT is always nice but I've seen it several times.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:46

Any press review? Photos?

Date: August 1, 2022 11:47

Nikkei
hockenheim95
Nikkei
slewan
Nikkei

Ok well that's a couple I didn't know about. But I imagine everyone was psyched and expected it, also at these places. Out of Time, well okay, technically a winner but there's no way I can get excited about Matt Clifford. LSTNT is always nice but I've seen it several times.

I'd always prefer 19th Breakdown but I have to admit that LSTNT was very good this year (although I don't like that song)

Date: August 1, 2022 11:51

There's nothing better than LSTNT when Keith is up for singing it

Date: August 1, 2022 11:53

Oriongalaxy

[www.google.com]

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:27

Love it - love that melancholic touch

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:33

Date: August 1, 2022 13:01

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
MelBelli
Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

really?

I've been loving Ronnie's solo work, it has a lot of emotion and feeling in it, more than there are notes. I love the distortion and flow in them, I love that he plays in a way that no tribute band copyist would dare to do, I love what he's brought to Rambler and You Can't... Just goes to show how fan ears vary, right ...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:14

Nikkei

Hey, how about Keith singing on LARS? winking smiley

Date: August 1, 2022 13:17

Topi
Nikkei

I think best is Keith singing on Wild Horses

Date: August 1, 2022 13:29

Topi
Nikkei

Must confess I never noticed him then probably because everyone is singing that line at the same time

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:19

Justin
MelBelli
The Tumbling solo was not his greatest, but mostly fine. It sounded a little weird because, judging from the Matt Lee video, it was *way* too high in the mix. This has been a maddening issue for me for several years. The front—of-house sound is radically different than it was pre-2012. Keith and Ronnie traditionally sound best when they’re in a balanced stage blend. I saw a video of Rambler recently that was taken from behind the stage. I was like Ah, they sound like a “band band” again!

The front of house now sounds like a recording studio - everyone in isolation booths, as it were.

Please post that clip of Rambler from behind the stage.

We've talked about the mix before--do you suppose the outdoor/wind elements have something to do with the weird mix issues?

Also, might not be a coincidence that things started to get wonky in 2012. Part of the weird isolated members in the mix might have to do with the engineers kind of "babysitting' Keith to make sure they're on top of any bloopers. Think they're a little too aggressive in their attempt to protect him....

Here it is, from Paris:

[youtu.be]

Naturally, Steve is loudest, but to me, that sounds like the Stones. I don’t think engineers are protecting Keith and Ronnie. If anything, the opposite. They are probably younger guys who think everything they play is ipso facto legendary.

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:23

bye bye johnny

Thanks for sharing my video. You it found even before I knew it was ready spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I was uploading this with my iPhone 12 Pro, while filming with my camera. thumbs up

Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:28

Oriongalaxy

See the previous page.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:54

I really enjoyed the show last night. It sounded good in the pit, loud and balanced, but I heard someone in the stands complained about the sound. A stadium with a roof like that is always going to be a challenge.

Keith was solid throughout the show, both on vocals and guitars. I love when they turn up the volume on his guitars on songs like Honky Tonk and Jumpin'. (But I could do without the loud trebled sound on Ronnie's solos on Dice, Start Me Up and YCAGWYW). I don't agree with those saying Mick moved less last night. I thought he was constantly moving around the stage and the catwalk. His first show at the age of 79 and works the crowd like no one else. Out of Control was a great surprise.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:57

MelBelli
Justin
MelBelli
The Tumbling solo was not his greatest, but mostly fine. It sounded a little weird because, judging from the Matt Lee video, it was *way* too high in the mix. This has been a maddening issue for me for several years. The front—of-house sound is radically different than it was pre-2012. Keith and Ronnie traditionally sound best when they’re in a balanced stage blend. I saw a video of Rambler recently that was taken from behind the stage. I was like Ah, they sound like a “band band” again!

The front of house now sounds like a recording studio - everyone in isolation booths, as it were.

Please post that clip of Rambler from behind the stage.

We've talked about the mix before--do you suppose the outdoor/wind elements have something to do with the weird mix issues?

Also, might not be a coincidence that things started to get wonky in 2012. Part of the weird isolated members in the mix might have to do with the engineers kind of "babysitting' Keith to make sure they're on top of any bloopers. Think they're a little too aggressive in their attempt to protect him....

Here it is, from Paris:

[youtu.be]

Naturally, Steve is loudest, but to me, that sounds like the Stones. I don’t think engineers are protecting Keith and Ronnie. If anything, the opposite. They are probably younger guys who think everything they play is ipso facto legendary.

Compare that to the front of house. Guitars are past the point of breakup and *overwhelmingly* loud:[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home