Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2022 00:50

Robert Eklund

Date: August 1, 2022 00:50

Robin Lorentz Allard

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 00:55

Let’s Spend The Night Together
[youtu.be]

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:09

I like Ronnies red (1975) 62-22 shirt. They should sell it.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:10

Topi
And there, with the sixth show, ends my SIX tour.

Been a fun ride.

If #30 was my last ever, I'll be totally happy with that.

But you never know...

Hope to see you further up on the road, ya'll!

smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:34

Set list and a few photos published here:

The Rolling Stones
Friends Arena
Stockholm Sweden
Sunday July 31, 2022

Bjornulf

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:42

New Videos are up on YouTube: mattleeuk

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:44

bv

The Rolling Stones
Friends Arena
Stockholm Sweden
Sunday July 31, 2022

What a great picture!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:17

My favorite picture of Keith this tour BV, sounds like Mick was back in great form tonight, especially on OOC, Keith with a strong vocal on YGTS, Ronnie still struggling with his solo's but we can't have everything, YCAGWYW was unlistenable, Tumbling Dice not much better, last show Wednesday, it's been one hell of a ride but all good things come to an end.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:19

mattleeuk
New Videos are up on YouTube: mattleeuk

As always thank you Matt.thumbs up

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:26

Back to hotell now. It was great great show!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 02:26 by Harry.

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:27

Harry
Back to hotell now. It was great great show!!

Same here. Yes it was! smileys with beer

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:33

Just got back from the show. No complaints here. Nosebleed seats with LD’s almost ruined my mood, but everything was fine when SFM started. The sound was good even back there and screens showed the band. The arena seemed very packed (was it sold out?).

OOC was the only surprise, but I wasn’t there for surprises. I knew what was coming and The Stones delivered it well. The highlights? OOT, OOC and Rambler. And Keith’s guitar was LOUD.
What a band. Thank you.

And oh, Mick forgot to introduce Tim Ries.

Date: August 1, 2022 02:36

Robin Lorentz-Allard

Date: August 1, 2022 02:36

Robin Lorentz-Allard

Date: August 1, 2022 02:37

Robin Lorentz-Allard

Date: August 1, 2022 02:56

Expressen (via Google Translate)

The Stones offer glimpses of rock's holiest

A sixtieth birthday party where both unexpected and well-worn friends are welcome.

The concert with the Rolling Stones at Friends ends up being a pretty fun day at work.

And what a job, th
en!

Anders Dahlbom
August 1, 2022

Robert Eklund

Actually, it's not that difficult. It's not space physics we're talking about. The Rolling Stones are about a stage, a band, a frontman. And rock'n'roll.

The stage decoration during the band's sixtieth anniversary tour is not much to write about. An orange-yellow-black background, a few big screens, a stage tongue for above all the singer to get close to the audience.

As for the band itself, since last year they have a big black hole. The concert starts with a video montage paying tribute to the late drummer Charlie Watts, the Stones' coolest member and the band's stretched backbone throughout the years. Steve Jordan deservedly fills his place behind the drums on Friends, but of course it's not the same thing.

As for the frontman, Mick Jagger has of course understood for a long time what the Stones live is all about. "My job is to be a show-off for two hours and make sure the audience has a good time," he says in a recent BBC documentary. Some might think that a band celebrating sixty years should be praised just for still being around, but Jagger knows better than that. It's about continuing to deliver, every night. The gym session begins fairly immediately inside the arena. It continues with sing-along exercises and all kinds of dance steps throughout the evening.

In another interview, the frontman talked about how tired he is of playing "Satisfaction", "Paint it black" and "Jumping Jack flash". That interview was done in 1968. Yet we get the songs tonight, because... well, because it's supposed to be like that with the Stones, right?

Somewhat unexpectedly, it is instead in other moments that the band really burns on Friends.

Much more fun sixtieth birthday party than feared

For being such a super-experienced act, there is otherwise a surprisingly large difference in height between peaks and valleys. The first half hour feels like the jumbo jet is still on the runway waiting for permission to take off. Opening "Street fighting man" completely lacks punch and "Tumbling dice" limps. Until the latest single release (and quite terrible) "Living in a ghost town", this is far from a big event.

Then something happens.

Keith Richards, who until then mostly seemed to be biding his time, gets an obvious boost from the turn in "Honky Tonk Women". Later in a majestic "Midnight rambler" it completely loosens up for the band, with a bluesy swing that the Stones still know in their sleep. Seeing Mick Jagger with a harmonica standing over a Keith Richards slowly bobbing his head and riffing is like catching a glimpse of rock's holiest. The fact that Jagger is then down on his knees and inciting the audience does not make matters worse.

The rest of the evening continues to bounce back and forth, a "Gimme shelter" where bombed-out house ruins from Ukraine are shown on the big screen stands out the most.

It's mostly just rock'n'roll and tonight we don't just like it for long and faithful service. It will be a much more fun sixty-year-old party than I feared.

We don't get a word or a hint from the stage that this would be the band's last stop in Sweden ever.

Good then.

The Rolling Stones

Friends Arena

Audience: 50,890

[www.expressen.se]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 02:56 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:11

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
Living In A Ghost Town Clip
[www.instagram.com]

Fantastic, and always great to see this being it's their one and only relatively recent tune.
I recall Hyde Park #2 getting "shortchanged" when this wasn't played, and I think the inferior Like a Rolling was played instead...or maybe it was You Got Me Rockin'....
Whatever the case, Living in a Ghost Town should be played at every show, and something they should be proud of.

Mick kept forgetting the lyrics tonight.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:14

RnT
bv

The Rolling Stones
Friends Arena
Stockholm Sweden
Sunday July 31, 2022

What a great picture!

yeah keith's looking good

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:16

Monumental...poignant...amazing...emotional...historical...sincere...stunning...anthem...highlight...
beautiful...tear-jerker...outstanding...wonderful...timeless...and hopefully not the last time.......

Having flashbacks to all those years ago hearing it on the radio when it was released when I was 10,
along with listening to it repeatedly on my older bros' copy of GHS....

Thanks for the video Matt. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 03:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:18

Agreed, Angie was really good tonight

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 1, 2022 03:53

Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

So strange. Most players as their ears age need more treble and brightness. Ronnie has gone darker in his tone. Technique is what it is, but it’s very hard even for my 46yr old ears to hear any definition out of that murk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 03:55 by MelBelli.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 04:15

MelBelli
Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

So strange. Most players as their ears age need more treble and brightness. Ronnie has gone darker in his tone. Technique is what it is, but it’s very hard even for my 46yr old ears to hear any definition out of that murk.

really?

sounded like one of his best this tour to me

oh well must just be a matter of personal taste

but i'm with the critics on the quality of his tumbling dice solo

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 1, 2022 04:33

The Tumbling solo was not his greatest, but mostly fine. It sounded a little weird because, judging from the Matt Lee video, it was *way* too high in the mix. This has been a maddening issue for me for several years. The front—of-house sound is radically different than it was pre-2012. Keith and Ronnie traditionally sound best when they’re in a balanced stage blend. I saw a video of Rambler recently that was taken from behind the stage. I was like Ah, they sound like a “band band” again!

The front of house now sounds like a recording studio - everyone in isolation booths, as it were.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 1, 2022 06:38

MelBelli
The Tumbling solo was not his greatest, but mostly fine. It sounded a little weird because, judging from the Matt Lee video, it was *way* too high in the mix. This has been a maddening issue for me for several years. The front—of-house sound is radically different than it was pre-2012. Keith and Ronnie traditionally sound best when they’re in a balanced stage blend. I saw a video of Rambler recently that was taken from behind the stage. I was like Ah, they sound like a “band band” again!

The front of house now sounds like a recording studio - everyone in isolation booths, as it were.

Please post that clip of Rambler from behind the stage.

We've talked about the mix before--do you suppose the outdoor/wind elements have something to do with the weird mix issues?

Also, might not be a coincidence that things started to get wonky in 2012. Part of the weird isolated members in the mix might have to do with the engineers kind of "babysitting' Keith to make sure they're on top of any bloopers. Think they're a little too aggressive in their attempt to protect him....

Date: August 1, 2022 07:53

Out Of Control
[youtu.be]

Date: August 1, 2022 07:55

Angie
[youtu.be]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 1, 2022 07:56

Topi
You're not cutting it as close as Mr. Jimmy is! winking smiley

Did Mr Jimmy make it OK ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 1, 2022 07:58

Jumpin’ Jack Flash
[youtu.be]

Date: August 1, 2022 08:03

You Got The Silver
[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home