Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Ronnie 2022
Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 3, 2022 16:06

daspyknows
Big Al
More Hot Rocks
PatrickS77
Justin
Ronnie is playing wonderfully in my book this tour. A welcome change from that frantic stuff.

Yeah. I don't really know what these people are all on about. I saw the shows in Munich and Vienna and Ronnie was playing plenty:

[www.instagram.com]

It’s all the people that don’t go to the concerts. The Stones YouTube watcher

Well, The Stones ‘YouTube watcher’ get to access expertly shot and sounding videos. We can just a performance objectively and rationally. Those in actual attendance have a judgment clouded by so, so many other factors. I, by the way, am an attendee and someone who enjoys the excellent videos we’re getting.

Expertly shot and great sounding phones videos? Come on man, you are seeing where the person is pointing the phone at and don't get me started on the sound. Sure, being there is clouded by the experience whether good or bad but watching Mick on a YouTube video listening to poor (IMHO) sounding phone audio doesn't tell me anything how Ronnie is actually playing.
thumbs up

Re: Keith was bad, Keith was great! Ronnie was bad, Ronnie was great! Mick was bad, Mick was great!
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 3, 2022 16:20

keefriffhards
lem motlow
GasLightStreet
slewan
If I was Jagger I'd make sure to have Mick Taylor back onboard for a couple of songs so that he can take Ronnie's place or even replace him if necessary

Taylor got his chance to do whatever. It didn't work. So, you know, Ronnie.

Ronnie's ego has never gotten in the way.

Absolutely. Anyone that thinks if something happens to Ronnie that Taylor is going to step in and save the day is dreaming.
I hate saying this because I love Mick Taylor but he just doesn’t fit in the Stones anymore.
I wanted Mick to succeed so badly, I kept saying to myself “ just hang back, be Mick Taylor” I wanted to see the three guitar attack work so much but he just kept ambling out to center stage endlessly riffing on these leads that went nowhere.
I really think if he would’ve stood back by Chuck and the singers and blended in he’d still be there.
I was up front and close enough to see the look on Keiths face and I knew, it’s over.Keith has two smiles and they mean opposite things.

That's a very insightful post, never thought about it from that point of view, MT did seem to be showing off a bit, almost to the point of humiliating Ronnie and Keith. Taylor was a shock, his personality and body language was like seeing a different man onstage to what i expected, all of a sudden the showman.
Perhaps he saw it as his job to deliver something spectacular and he did as far as the audiences were concerned, in hindsight he blew it.

I always looked at it from another angle, was Jagger bringing Taylor along as insurance in case Ronnie messed up, in hindsight again we know Ronnie certainly didn't mess up, in fact he never messed up again and Taylor was never needed again.

Much more boring than that I would think. The promotors couldn't get insurance because of Keith's health. Someone - maybe Jagger? - had the bright idea of having Taylor as a special guest just in case Keith (or Ronnie) had issues. Taylor needed the money and said Yes
As it happened they got through 2012 and 2013 without mishap and by 2014 the insurers were content. Taylor not required thank you.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 3, 2022 16:45

daspyknows
Big Al
More Hot Rocks
PatrickS77
Justin
Ronnie is playing wonderfully in my book this tour. A welcome change from that frantic stuff.

Yeah. I don't really know what these people are all on about. I saw the shows in Munich and Vienna and Ronnie was playing plenty:

[www.instagram.com]

Well, The Stones ‘YouTube watcher’ get to access expertly shot and sounding videos. We can just a performance objectively and rationally. Those in actual attendance have a judgment clouded by so, so many other factors. I, by the way, am an attendee and someone who enjoys the excellent videos we’re getting.

Expertly shot and great sounding phones videos? Come on man, you are seeing where the person is pointing the phone at and don't get me started on the sound. Sure, being there is clouded by the experience whether good or bad but watching Mick on a YouTube video listening to poor (IMHO) sounding phone audio doesn't tell me anything how Ronnie is actually playing.

I don't want to argue with you, just saying in my experience this year where the sound wasn't loud enough ( obviously i was in a poor spot for sound, i'm fully aware someone somewhere else at Hyde Park would have had a better sound experience than me ) it's been better sound on YouTube, especially with the sound system i have at home through the TV. It was better at home than being there in my case, just sayinng there are some good youtube recordings that clearly reveal how good or bad Ronnie or Keith is playing.

Did anyone else go HP 2 and find it wasnt very loud, especially at the beginning, i could hear drunks talking above the music, on youtube you hear the music above the talking confused smiley

Re: Keith was bad, Keith was great! Ronnie was bad, Ronnie was great! Mick was bad, Mick was great!
Date: August 3, 2022 16:48

exhpart
keefriffhards
lem motlow
GasLightStreet
slewan
If I was Jagger I'd make sure to have Mick Taylor back onboard for a couple of songs so that he can take Ronnie's place or even replace him if necessary

Absolutely. Anyone that thinks if something happens to Ronnie that Taylor is going to step in and save the day is dreaming.
I hate saying this because I love Mick Taylor but he just doesn’t fit in the Stones anymore.
I wanted Mick to succeed so badly, I kept saying to myself “ just hang back, be Mick Taylor” I wanted to see the three guitar attack work so much but he just kept ambling out to center stage endlessly riffing on these leads that went nowhere.
I really think if he would’ve stood back by Chuck and the singers and blended in he’d still be there.
I was up front and close enough to see the look on Keiths face and I knew, it’s over.Keith has two smiles and they mean opposite things.

That's a very insightful post, never thought about it from that point of view, MT did seem to be showing off a bit, almost to the point of humiliating Ronnie and Keith. Taylor was a shock, his personality and body language was like seeing a different man onstage to what i expected, all of a sudden the showman.
Perhaps he saw it as his job to deliver something spectacular and he did as far as the audiences were concerned, in hindsight he blew it.

I always looked at it from another angle, was Jagger bringing Taylor along as insurance in case Ronnie messed up, in hindsight again we know Ronnie certainly didn't mess up, in fact he never messed up again and Taylor was never needed again.

Much more boring than that I would think. The promotors couldn't get insurance because of Keith's health. Someone - maybe Jagger? - had the bright idea of having Taylor as a special guest just in case Keith (or Ronnie) had issues. Taylor needed the money and said Yes
As it happened they got through 2012 and 2013 without mishap and by 2014 the insurers were content. Taylor not required thank you.

Can't imagine Taylor playing Keiths parts, but agree with the rest of your post.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2022 17:00

keefriffhards
daspyknows
Big Al
More Hot Rocks
PatrickS77
Justin

[www.instagram.com]

I don't want to argue with you, just saying in my experience this year where the sound wasn't loud enough ( obviously i was in a poor spot for sound, i'm fully aware someone somewhere else at Hyde Park would have had a better sound experience than me ) it's been better sound on YouTube, especially with the sound system i have at home through the TV. It was better at home than being there in my case, just sayinng there are some good youtube recordings that clearly reveal how good or bad Ronnie or Keith is playing.

Did anyone else go HP 2 and find it wasnt very loud, especially at the beginning, i could hear drunks talking above the music, on youtube you hear the music above the talking confused smiley

I was at HP2 and the sound volume was fine. My recording sounds fine as well. If it sounded that bad where you were why didn't you find a better spot?

Date: August 3, 2022 20:41

daspyknows
keefriffhards
daspyknows
Big Al
More Hot Rocks
PatrickS77
Justin

[www.instagram.com]

I was at HP2 and the sound volume was fine. My recording sounds fine as well. If it sounded that bad where you were why didn't you find a better spot?

Eventually i sacrificed a better view for better sound but it was the quietest I've ever heard them. They seem to turn Keith up for solos & intros but the overall sound volume was disappointing, my ears normally ache after a Stones show winking smiley

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 3, 2022 21:29

keefriffhards
daspyknows
keefriffhards
daspyknows
Big Al
More Hot Rocks
PatrickS77
Justin

[www.instagram.com]

Eventually i sacrificed a better view for better sound but it was the quietest I've ever heard them. They seem to turn Keith up for solos & intros but the overall sound volume was disappointing, my ears normally ache after a Stones show winking smiley
thumbs down

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 4, 2022 01:28

The volume at HP isn't loud enough. Period. I attended HP 1 in 2013 and HP 1 and HP 2 this year. For me, always the same. It's just not loud enough. And the curfew is a drag as well but I suppose it's to be expected in such a venue right in the centre of London. Have to say it put me off going to Springsteen next year - that, and the price!

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: August 4, 2022 02:15

It was really quiet at the start of HP2 and GOMC was underwhelming because of it.. don’t think it was because of where I was standing as it got louder after a few songs… like someone found out which fader to turn up, very strange

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 4, 2022 06:42

exhpart
keefriffhards
lem motlow
GasLightStreet
slewan

You want to prove your Fox News statement?

We will wait is a misnomer - there's nothing to wait for. Because that's bunk.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 4, 2022 23:30

Watching the NYC dvd last night and comparing Ronnie and Keith 2003 to 2022, I’ve got to say in 2003 they were cartoon characters compared to this tour. Ronnie was just goofing around back then. Keith was performing like an epileptic monkey, just haming it up and just acting about and playing the part. Poor Mick

2022, however, what an amazing band, just firing on all cylinders. It’s a beautiful thing to be a part of and a joy to see.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 00:22

Wow, I don't remember reading such things about Keith and Ronnie in 2003 or about any of the concerts this year. Anyway 2022 is better than 2003, everything is fine, we can all sleep easy. The Stones (better better better) cycle continues.

Can't wait 2023, better than,..,............

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 00:38 by powerage78.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:20

midimannz
Watching the NYC dvd last night and comparing Ronnie and Keith 2003 to 2022, I’ve got to say in 2003 they were cartoon characters compared to this tour. Ronnie was just goofing around back then.
Keith was performing like an epileptic monkey, just haming it up and just acting about and playing the part. Poor Mick

2022, however, what an amazing band, just firing on all cylinders. It’s a beautiful thing to be a part of and a joy to see.

Quite a tasteless and cruel description, especially since it's been said that Keith has been on anti-epilepsy medication since banging his head.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2022 02:29

But when ever theres a thread about the
Stones age youre the guy who always posts
doctored photos of the Glimmers with bald heads etc .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2022 06:46

Hairball
midimannz
Watching the NYC dvd last night and comparing Ronnie and Keith 2003 to 2022, I’ve got to say in 2003 they were cartoon characters compared to this tour. Ronnie was just goofing around back then.
Keith was performing like an epileptic monkey, just haming it up and just acting about and playing the part. Poor Mick

Quite a tasteless and cruel description, especially since it's been said that Keith has been on anti-epilepsy medication since banging his head.

The idiotic comment aside from midimannz, his timing year wise is a bit off compared to when Keith had his issue from falling awkwardly off a tree branch and knocking his head on a rock.

And, really, Keith did not act that way at all during the LICKS tour. midimannz was just trolling. You fed the troll.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2022 07:15

Calling Keith an epileptic monkey reminded me of Elton John's remarks calling Keith "a monkey with arthritis" back in 1997 - maybe that's what inspired midimannz:

“I’m glad I’ve given up drugs and alcohol. It would be awful to be like Keith Richards. He’s pathetic, poor thing. It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young.
I have great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if they had thrown Keith out 15 years ago. … I just think he’s an assh*le and I have for a long time.” - Elton

Date: August 5, 2022 08:11

... This 'ill block the Septic Tanks .... HHhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Keef ... Elton ..... Patti ....Jane

ROCKMAN

Date: August 5, 2022 10:07

....... whoooops double trouble ....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 10:32 by Rockman.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2022 10:14

Not sure if Keith or Tony Bennett.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home