Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Keith in 2022
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 6, 2022 02:48

keefriffhards best post i've read in a long long time.. you nailed it ! They have somehow made it into our DNA

"And I hope it's gonna be a long, hot summer
And a lotta love will be burnin' bright"

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 6, 2022 03:28

Rockman
Steve Jordan pushing them .....

I agree.
Sucks that Charlie is gone, but Steve has lit a spark since he joined the band,

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 6, 2022 03:51

Lady Jayne
ProfessorWolf
NathanLaze
jugding from today's site "header photo", Keef is expecting Mick's baby smiling smiley

that's why he had that glow about him in berlin

well congratulations to the expecting couplegrinning smiley

Even more sentimental than the prospect of a late Jagger/Richards offspring, did we notice Ronnie is wearing a t shirt with a drawing of Charlie. So Charlie is there too at the final bow.

oh wow!

i can't believe i didn't notice that

classy move ronniesmiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 6, 2022 06:59

ProfessorWolf
can someone explain to me what the hell happened to keith today?

i mean he has shows where he's on and shows where he's off but this was something else's entirely

it's like the keith from bitch in brussels walked on stage for sfm and just stayed the whole show

i'm pretty sure i can say that was objectively the best performance he's given since at least 2013

i'm not saying he was without fault though

he makes a mess of the gimme shelter's intro but...

That's not a mess.

This is a mess. I was at this show and was brilliantly stunned at how bad the intro was!

Date: August 6, 2022 08:49

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
can someone explain to me what the hell happened to keith today?

i mean he has shows where he's on and shows where he's off but this was something else's entirely

it's like the keith from bitch in brussels walked on stage for sfm and just stayed the whole show

i'm pretty sure i can say that was objectively the best performance he's given since at least 2013

i'm not saying he was without fault though

he makes a mess of the gimme shelter's intro but...

That's not a mess.

This is a mess. I was at this show and was brilliantly stunned at how bad the intro was!

yikes!

that's pretty rough

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 6, 2022 09:51

Yeah, the Stones bringing a screaming, cheering crowd to their feet. Just terrible.

Date: August 6, 2022 10:59

lem motlow
Yeah, the Stones bringing a screaming, cheering crowd to their feet. Just terrible.

not terrible at all just rough

and anyways you have a valid point

if the audience digs it

who cares what we think in the long run

still rough though....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2022 11:02

Just a bad day at work ......

We've all had one of them

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 6, 2022 11:29

Talk to someone who was in Cleveland in 78. It wasn’t just the worst Stones show I ever saw, it may have been the worst concert I ever saw.
It wasn’t like I had bad seats , Peter Tosh handed a Spliff to the people next to me.
Did you ever see the Saturday Night live 78 show,imagine 90 minutes of that.and I talked to people afterwards who had the time of their life.

I hate to break it to some of you but this isn’t the Mahavishnu Orchestra, some of or all of the band and the fans are gonna be fckd up on something,it will go sideways sometimes and nobody cares.

Date: August 6, 2022 14:20

i've heard the boot and have enjoyed it all the way thru several time

and they sound f-cked up

how was peter tosh?

Posted by: jana ()
Date: August 6, 2022 16:02

bluecore
Keith was GREAT in Stockholm! hot smiley

Yes, please, and thank you! I don’t usually judge the performances too much, when I saw them live, cause I know I am just too in love with the boys (and especially Mr. Richards), that I may be biased. But I think they have been on fire the whole tour (I was only in Stockholm, but saw many vids from other shows and have read your reviews) and the atmosphere and excitement of both the band and the crowd say it all. smiling smiley

The Big Issue 2022 - Keith.
Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: September 1, 2022 19:43

Somewhere, on social media, I read that an interview with Keith had been published in a recent edition of The Big Issue. Does anyone know if this actually happened? I love Keith's musings..

Re: The Big Issue 2022 - Keith.
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 1, 2022 22:37

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: September 2, 2022 00:45

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated. I've got a feeling the next Rolling Stones album is going to be worth the wait. Keep the faith everyone!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 2, 2022 22:41

Wild Slivovitz
keefriffhards
RaiseTheKnife

Why focus on one of the few negatives from Keith this tour, Paris ? Did you see him last night ?

In Paris Keith was great!

Ive just finished assembling the 2022 Paris complete show and , in my humble opinion, I have never heard Keith so energised or engaged in years. No posing, just laying down some good old rock’n roll

Date: September 4, 2022 14:58

I was driving in my truck at 5 a.m., and was listening to a sports radio station They had a retired football player named George Rogers (I think) on the phone, and he talked to them for a long time. He has won Heisman Trophy, all kinds of accolades etc, and had a street named after him. What was so inspiring about the conversation was how gracious he was, and basically content; and very aware of his place in the world, and the passage of time.
I found myself thinking "this is how you grow older"
That in turn made me think of Keith. Because I pretty much think of the Stones in every context. I think one of the reasons Keith is such an icon, is because there never has been any falsehood about him. He has never pretended. Women seem to love him because, as far as I can tell, he has never looked at them in a disrespectful manner; the way many rock gods do.
There is a photo of him passed out on the floor, in striped underwear, and I think they put a trashcan on his head or something. But he does not come off as pathetic. Matter of fact , it's like "oh, cool, I guess the party just moved down to the floor".
Now, reaching the age of 80 he seems right where he is supposed to be. I can't imagine Keith ever have gone under the knife, or squeezing into leather pants anymore. He's got a big gut, and with each passing day looks more like his dad.
More and more I realize that his last solo album was the right album. When it came out, I wasn't a huge fan at first. But all his solo output - starting with "Run Rudolph", through Wingless Angels, and the Winos has been so well done, almost perfect
I'm not really going anywhere with this post. But who else can I tell it to if not here?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 4, 2022 21:04

Palace Revolution 2000
Keith is such an icon, is because there never has been any falsehood about him. He has never pretended. Women seem to love him because, as far as I can tell, he has never looked at them in a disrespectful manner.

Agree he is an icon. Muddy Waters and that goddamn ceiling at Chess might dispute the absence of falsehood. I know quite a few women who would consider being called "my tits and ass with soul" to be disrespectful.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2022 23:28

Palace Revolution 2000

More and more I realize that his last solo album was the right album.

Yes it was the right album, and it might be the right time for another solo album.
Considering it's now been seven years since that release, most of us would welcome a new Keith album with open arms.thumbs up

Date: September 5, 2022 05:42

Rocky Dijon
Palace Revolution 2000
Keith is such an icon, is because there never has been any falsehood about him. He has never pretended. Women seem to love him because, as far as I can tell, he has never looked at them in a disrespectful manner.

Agree he is an icon. Muddy Waters and that goddamn ceiling at Chess might dispute the absence of falsehood. I know quite a few women who would consider being called "my tits and ass with soul" to be disrespectful.

and him referring to woman as bitches all the time in his book isn't to great either but compared to many other rock stars from his era he's no to bad

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2022 07:14

ProfessorWolf
Rocky Dijon
Palace Revolution 2000

and him referring to woman as bitches all the time in his book isn't to great either but compared to many other rock stars from his era he's no to bad

Keith has no social filter and if that's what you mean by 'never has been any falsehood', or 'never pretended', I guess you're right about that.

He is full of crap a lot of the time, and doesn't hesitate to throw friends and bandmates under the bus. I take that as perfect exhibits of his own personal insecurities.

Is he overall a nice person? I think so, we all have our foibles but I don't buy into this 'icon' business, except as a musician, which he is.

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: September 16, 2022 14:33

Would be cool if Keith surprised us in the next tour by perhaps adding a couple of covers to his song choices from some of his heroes/friends. Just to change things up a bit. Was thinking something from or linked to Gram Parsons for example "6 Days On the Road". I love YGTS, BTMMR etc and even the intro on Connection at Anfield didn't impact on how good it sounded and how great it was to hear something different from him.

Date: September 16, 2022 15:18

redkev
Would be cool if Keith surprised us in the next tour by perhaps adding a couple of covers to his song choices from some of his heroes/friends. Just to change things up a bit. Was thinking something from or linked to Gram Parsons for example "6 Days On the Road". I love YGTS, BTMMR etc and even the intro on Connection at Anfield didn't impact on how good it sounded and how great it was to hear something different from him.

or bring back some of the other covers he used to do like learning the game or the nearness of you

maybe even some of the other covers he's done onstage with others or plays in the studio like apartment no.9, cocaine blues, too rude, or sing me back home

i mean it's his set and i'm sure he knows most casual fans just use it as a bathroom break so he might as well reward the loyal fans who stay with something different

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2022 16:38

ProfessorWolf
redkev

or bring back some of the other covers he used to do like learning the game or the nearness of you

maybe even some of the other covers he's done onstage with others or plays in the studio like apartment no.9, cocaine blues, too rude, or sing me back home

i mean it's his set and i'm sure he knows most casual fans just use it as a bathroom break so he might as well reward the loyal fans who stay with something different

On the last two tours the bathroom break was Ghost Town. In many cities this was quite obvious.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 16, 2022 17:00

I nearly ran out to the bathrooms during Ghost Town.smiling smiley Sorry but that one doesn't do it for me,

Date: September 16, 2022 17:13

then what we need next is the bathroom break tour

2 hrs of songs designed to turn away all but the most hard core fansgrinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home