Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Keith in 2022
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 4, 2022 15:53

Yes ProfessorWolf it beggars the question where has he been all these years, have his talents been buried in booze or something.

He certainly is going from strength to strength now, i honestly believe he needs to continue working asap now, perhaps a mini tour with the Wino's or something because it would be a pity for the rust to set in again, Keith needs to work.

PS. ProfessorWolf that second solo on Sympathy and the solo on GS, wow what the hell just happened, how is he doing that all of a sudden, haha you can never write him off.smoking smiley

I wish this tour had another 14 dates winking smiley

Yes Ronnie and Mick were great too, Mick didn't need to pace himself, Ronnie knows touring is the best medicine for him, look how strong he is now compared to the start.
They have to continue thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 16:11 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: August 4, 2022 16:06

ProfessorWolf
can someone explain to me what the hell happened to keith today?

………

also ronnie and mick weren't to bad either

We had exactly the same impression, he and Ronnie were great - like, tigers loose and last show of the tour ?!

Date: August 4, 2022 16:25

RaiseTheKnife
Can someone explain what Keith is doing from 5:44 in this video? Why is he playing totally out of sync with the rest of the band? Is he unable to hear himself or does he actually think it sounds good to play like that... I've noticed similar weird playing from him on other songs as well.

I don't really hear anything wrong there. Might be some kind of latency between what he is hitting, and what we're hearing. ??

Date: August 4, 2022 16:31

RaiseTheKnife

Why focus on one of the few negatives from Keith this tour, Paris ? Did you see him last night ?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2022 00:20

keefriffhards
Yes ProfessorWolf it beggars the question where has he been all these years, have his talents been buried in booze or something.

He certainly is going from strength to strength now, i honestly believe he needs to continue working asap now, perhaps a mini tour with the Wino's or something because it would be a pity for the rust to set in again, Keith needs to work.

PS. ProfessorWolf that second solo on Sympathy and the solo on GS, wow what the hell just happened, how is he doing that all of a sudden, haha you can never write him off.smoking smiley

Yes Ronnie and Mick were great too, Mick didn't need to pace himself, Ronnie knows touring is the best medicine for him, look how strong he is now compared to the start.

no not the booze or drugs or cigarettes

it seems pretty obvious to me that he made a decision to play well yesterday and so he did

just like for the last 5 or so years he's made a decision to not play as well and not put the effort in

before yesterday i was still of the opinion that he was unable to play that well because of age, booze, arthritis, or because he simply lost the skills he had in the past

and while some of that was undoubtedly in play the larger reason seems to have been he just didn't want to

and i don't think its like mick where he's pacing himself so he doesn't wear himself out he didn't look tired at at all last night he looked elated and present and he didn't play his guitar as much as he attacked it in a way i haven't seen him do in at least 15 years

your right he needs to strike while the irons hot winos, stones stage or studio he needs to use this while it lasts

Date: August 5, 2022 01:54

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

it seems pretty obvious to me that he made a decision to play well yesterday and so he did

just like for the last 5 or so years he's made a decision to not play as well and not put the effort in

before yesterday i was still of the opinion that he was unable to play that well because of age, booze, arthritis, or because he simply lost the skills he had in the past

and while some of that was undoubtedly in play the larger reason seems to have been he just didn't want to

and i don't think its like mick where he's pacing himself so he doesn't wear himself out he didn't look tired at at all last night he looked elated and present and he didn't play his guitar as much as he attacked it in a way i haven't seen him do in at least 15 years

your right he needs to strike while the irons hot winos, stones stage or studio he needs to use this while it lasts

That's right , he seemed to have boundless energy and focus last night, like you, i thought Keith was always pacing himself conserving energy, then in all that heat last night he comes to life and drives every song with energy but with ease.
Even Ronnie all of a sudden played much better, better solos better everything, i can't figure it out.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2022 01:57

Steve Jordan pushing them .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 03:51

Keith was just amazing last night. We love you Keith!!!!

Date: August 5, 2022 05:18

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

That's right , he seemed to have boundless energy and focus last night, like you, i thought Keith was always pacing himself conserving energy, then in all that heat last night he comes to life and drives every song with energy but with ease.
Even Ronnie all of a sudden played much better, better solos better everything, i can't figure it out.

i think antoine's right somethings up

the level of effort they put into this performance makes no sense unless they plan to release it

and i'm more then willing to buy this one

hell even the deluxe set toogrinning smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 08:54

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

the level of effort they put into this performance makes no sense unless they plan to release it

I was going to say it makes no sense, not logically, who is Antoine ?

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: August 5, 2022 10:01

jugding from today's site "header photo", Keef is expecting Mick's baby smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2022 10:10

Be careful if U-Turn Eric reads that
youre in big trouble Nathan ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 5, 2022 10:13

If he loses 20 lbs by the next tour how mobile could he be because he's not moving bad at this weight.
I know you are just kidding Nathan but in all seriousness at Keith's age its good to carry some extra weight, if old people get sick or need an operation the ones with a bit of extra weight to lose in reserve usually have better outcomes.
I think Keith is at a healthy weight for his age, that is a unflattering picture, he doesn't look that bad most of the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 10:17 by keefriffhards.

Date: August 5, 2022 11:52

NathanLaze
jugding from today's site "header photo", Keef is expecting Mick's baby smiling smiley

that's why he had that glow about him in berlin

well congratulations to the expecting couplegrinning smiley

Date: August 5, 2022 11:58

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

antioneparis is a poster here who seems to have some kind of conection with the stones

he leaked the news that el mocambo was being released

and has heavily hinted that they plan to release the berlin show

and soon!

but he also said they'd play brown sugar in berlin too

so who knows

but given the quality of the performance, the venue, and it being the final show of this leg of the tour i'd say it seems pretty possible

also did anyone else notice the heavy presence of the camera crane in many of the videos from the show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 12:02 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: August 5, 2022 13:12

If this show doesn't get released its because someone shone brighter and stronger than someone else on the day. RO. ADTL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 13:18 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: August 5, 2022 13:43

Keith was GREAT in Stockholm! hot smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:05

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

antioneparis is a poster here who seems to have some kind of conection with the stones

and soon!

so who knows

but given the quality of the performance, the venue, and it being the final show of this leg of the tour i'd say it seems pretty possible

also did anyone else notice the heavy presence of the camera crane in many of the videos from the show?

the Mocambo release was first mentioned by the owner of the 40x5 tributo bar!

And the camera crane on Ronnies side is used in every single show! I didn't see one single additional camera in Berlin and I can't imagine they wouldn't film it by a professional film crew if they would have wanted to release it. Video shootings for a release are completely different to shoots for the screens! That's why they used a separate film crew lead by Paul Dugdale for Hyde Park, Fonda, Olé and Havanna. Of course they can release the screen images for this one but I personally doubt they will do that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-05 14:06 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:15

keefriffhards
RaiseTheKnife

Why focus on one of the few negatives from Keith this tour, Paris ? Did you see him last night ?

In Paris Keith was great!

Date: August 5, 2022 14:22

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

and soon!

so who knows

And the camera crane on Ronnies side is used in every single show! I didn't see one single additional camera in Berlin and I can't imagine they wouldn't film it by a professional film crew if they would have wanted to release it. Video shootings for a release are completely different to shoots for the screens! That's why they used a separate film crew lead by Paul Dugdale for Hyde Park, Fonda, Olé and Havanna. Of course they can release the screen images for this one but I personally doubt they will do that!

ok didn't know that

i know the cranes always there but seemed more active in many videos then at other shows

maybe and audio release then?winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 14:31

ProfessorWolf
hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards

and soon!

so who knows

ok didn't know that

i know the cranes always there but seemed more active in many videos then at other shows

maybe and audio release then?winking smiley

They record every show in a way an audio release is possible. But why choose one show? why not a mix of all SIXTY shows with the best versions of every song? Would make more sense to me!

Date: August 5, 2022 15:31

because most of the best versions are in that one show

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 5, 2022 19:04

Keith was great in Madrid

Date: August 5, 2022 20:13

Wild Slivovitz
keefriffhards
RaiseTheKnife

In Paris Keith was great!

Yeah Keith was great every night of this tour, but someone had to find a negative that when you actually watch it he was fine.

This was a great tour for Keith, and Berlin belonged to Keith, Ronnie and Mick also had a great night, but for me Keith raised the bar for the whole band leaving you with the feeling it's not over yet, they still have more to give.

Gutted Berlin wasn't professionally filmed for release.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 22:10

Yeah, Keith's 'resurgence' definitely made this tour memorable for me. Didn't expect him to become this active and take control to this extent anymore. Wonderful to witness.

Date: August 5, 2022 22:39

I'm a huge fan and follower of Keith and i hoped he would play like he did in the first 8 or 9 shows from last year, what i didn't expect was for him to turn the clock back 20 years, he was playing all over it, all over everything, totally storming, i forgot that he could ever play like that, i mean he really has done better than i could have imagined, Ronnie did great in Berlin, Mick too, they all performed to the best of their ability on the same night, when does that ever happen, just a magical show.

But you can't help but wonder what was he playing at on other tours, was he not really all that into it, has he just fell in love with playing live again, not because he feels he should but because he absolutely wants to do it more than anything else, we haven't seen the last of Mick & Keith, not by a long shot.

Date: August 5, 2022 22:59

keefriffhards
I'm a huge fan and follower of Keith and i hoped he would play like he did in the first 8 or 9 shows from last year, what i didn't expect was for him to turn the clock back 20 years, he was playing all over it, all over everything, totally storming, i forgot that he could ever play like that, i mean he really has done better than i could have imagined, Ronnie did great in Berlin, Mick too, they all performed to the best of their ability on the same night, when does that ever happen, just a magical show.

But you can't help but wonder what was he playing at on other tours, was he not really all that into it, has he just fell in love with playing live again, not because he feels he should but because he absolutely wants to do it more than anything else, we haven't seen the last of Mick & Keith, not by a long shot.

So true

We are so lucky to have seen this keith again. Crazy.

Date: August 5, 2022 23:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
keefriffhards

So true

What's strange is why does it mean so much to us, these old men defying age and getting together for 2 hours 10 mins of harmony with the band and the audience.
Why does it make us all so happy, this is what is unique about the Stones since the day i bought Rolled Gold greatest hits in 1982 and finally saw them in 1990 through to 2022 and all the shows in-between. It's like they hypnotize us, they cajole us , we can't get enough, even though they have gone from anti establishment to establishment, we still accept them, they are beyond money, class and politics, they appeal to all.
People just love them and they seem to feed off of that love in a live musical setting, i think they know it keeps them alive and healthy, the energy that's created is magical and universal, especially when they get it right, it connects us to them. Sorry i'm rambling on, see you all next tour.thumbs up

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 6, 2022 01:07

ProfessorWolf
NathanLaze

that's why he had that glow about him in berlin

well congratulations to the expecting couplegrinning smiley

Even more sentimental than the prospect of a late Jagger/Richards offspring, did we notice Ronnie is wearing a t shirt with a drawing of Charlie. So Charlie is there too at the final bow.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 01:33

keefriffhards
PaintMonkeyManBlack
keefriffhards

So true

What's strange is why does it mean so much to us, these old men defying age and getting together for 2 hours 10 mins of harmony with the band and the audience.
Why does it make us all so happy, this is what is unique about the Stones since the day i bought Rolled Gold greatest hits in 1982 and finally saw them in 1990 through to 2022 and all the shows in-between. It's like they hypnotize us, they cajole us , we can't get enough, even though they have gone from anti establishment to establishment, we still accept them, they are beyond money, class and politics, they appeal to all.
People just love them and they seem to feed off of that love in a live musical setting, i think they know it keeps them alive and healthy, the energy that's created is magical and universal, especially when they get it right, it connects us to them. Sorry i'm rambling on, see you all next tour.thumbs up
You nailed it.

. It is what it is. This is our passion. Nothing more nothing less, life defining probley not but making life fun, ya bet

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home