Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:43

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour show at Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen Germany, Wednesday July 27, 2022.

Please post your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

For the editorial reports, please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen Germany, Wednesday July 27, 2022

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

Gelsenkirchen Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage at 8:45pm CET (Central European Time).

For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

IORR SIXTY Tour links:

The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022

Bjornulf

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:47

I'll be at the stadium area around 14h. Not cueing or something, so if somebody has site related questions I'll try to answer them!

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:55

Official Gelsenkirchen T-Shirt & Poster:

[TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [www.Bravado.de]

Opening act:

[Twitter.com]

Setlist:

[Shop.RonnieWood.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 23:55 by Irix.

Date: July 27, 2022 11:00

Concert-infos by the local promoter - [www.FKPScorpio.com] , [www.FKPScorpio.com] .

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 27, 2022 11:52

Arrive early!
The Bochum Gelsenkirchen trams (Bogestra) put all the equipment on the rails so that line 302 can run at the special intervals for major events. Recommendation of the railways: Arrive early!

Police traffic tips

The local police have all sorts of tips and tricks up their sleeve. For example: to park on the left and right of the railway track; so that you don't get stuck in the traffic muddle around the arena - and only make a little progress 100 minutes after the last guitar riff.

EDITOR'S RECOMMENDATIONRolling Stones: Mick Jagger meets Dirndl group in Vienna

Those who know the area recommend that long-term drivers take the “Herten” exit on the A2 and not “Buer”. It doesn't matter what the sat nav says with a Klingon voice.

[www.rollingstone.de]

Date: July 27, 2022 12:04

Stones Insta:

There are just 3 shows left on the SIXTY European tour! Tonight the Rolling Stones continue the celebrations at @veltins_arena in Gelsenkirchen… we’ll see you there!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 27, 2022 12:19

waterrats
Hi there, folks,

I'll be in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday and plan to stream the show.

I have tickets for Block N5, Veltins Norkurve, Row 11, Seats 5 & 6 - which is opposite the stage. I hope we will get a decent sound there (should be) and an unobstructed view. And I hope for a decent connection way up there. (Better than in the pit or the field, I guess).

The stream hopefully starts with the intro and runs until the battery fails. In case this happens, we would then switch to a second mobile.

The stream will be posted at my Facebook profile.

I have this profile for quite some years, but never really cared very much about it. But for Wednesday that should do the trick!

So let's wish us luck, solid connections and a hammer show!

Long live The Rolling Stones!! smiling bouncing smiley

See you later!! grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 27, 2022 12:20

waterrats
waterrats
Hi there, folks,

I'll be in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday and plan to stream the show.

I have tickets for Block N5, Veltins Norkurve, Row 11, Seats 5 & 6 - which is opposite the stage. I hope we will get a decent sound there (should be) and an unobstructed view. And I hope for a decent connection way up there. (Better than in the pit or the field, I guess).

The stream hopefully starts with the intro and runs until the battery fails. In case this happens, we would then switch to a second mobile.

The stream will be posted at my Facebook profile.

I have this profile for quite some years, but never really cared very much about it. But for Wednesday that should do the trick!

So let's wish us luck, solid connections and a hammer show!

Long live The Rolling Stones!! smiling bouncing smiley

See you later!! grinning smiley
That's really cool, waterrats! Wishing you a good show tonight and looking forward to the stream!

Date: July 27, 2022 12:35

Still leftover Tickets available - [www.Eventim.de] :

Screenshots 27-Jul-2022, 11:30am

Update 1pm: there're now also Tickets in Cat.7 available for € 125.15 (Blocks 23 & 41 in the Arena's outer corners) - [www.Eventim.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 14:00 by Irix.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: July 27, 2022 12:54

Any tips for parking?
I read this for Ed Sheeran:
[schalke04.de]

Is it better to use the P+R than to park near the stadium?
Not worried about getting in, but curious how long it would take to get to the A2 after the show is over.

Date: July 27, 2022 12:58

I read on this forum to NOT park in the the A-C lots but D+ instead!

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: July 27, 2022 13:03

Just scored 4x PIT A. Still available. You just have to wait…

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 27, 2022 13:49

well i'm off to bed

looking forward to waterrats stream when i wake up

best of luck to him and everyone else going today

enjoy the show!smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 27, 2022 13:59

Irix

Good to see so many Pit tickets still available - since I need 2 for my LDs. :-) hot smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 27, 2022 13:59

Did anyone take a small non professional camara in Munich into the venue?
Don't know how "crazy" the checks will be here in Gelsenkirchen.

Date: July 27, 2022 14:11

schwonek
Irix

Good to see so many Pit tickets still available - since I need 2 for my LDs. :-) hot smiley
Yep, wating for "lucky pit" cool smiley

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 27, 2022 14:11

MAF
Did anyone take a small non professional camara in Munich into the venue?
Don't know how "crazy" the checks will be here in Gelsenkirchen.

Yep. I did. Hid it in my trouser near my private area though, as once I had been stopped at a Live Nation organized GNR concert in Mannheim, after it was no problem to take the same camera in in Munich on the same tour. But the check in Munich at Rolling Stones basically was non existant. Usually a camera is no problem. But considering it always depends on the person who actually checks you and how good he has been briefed, it's always a bit of a gamble. Once they had a paddle to check and it beeped, since I had both the camera and my phone in my pocket, I showed the person the phone and was good to go. grinning smiley He didn't recheck me to see that/whether I had something else in my pocket. He basically didn't care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 14:13 by PatrickS77.

Date: July 27, 2022 14:15

matthijst

Any tips for parking?

Parking in general - [storage.Schalke04.de] - (PDF, in German). See also: [Veltins-Arena.de] . Parking overview: [storage.Schalke04.de] - (PDF).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 14:25 by Irix.

Date: July 27, 2022 14:35

Just heard it again: do not come by car. They expect a chaotic jam. Try to use park + ride etc.

Date: July 27, 2022 14:39

Eastbound traffic is terrible already!

I am currently charging my car at a nearby station. Only a 14 minutes drive left to the arena afterwards!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 14:42 by bluenote.

Date: July 27, 2022 14:55

Traffic/Parking hints by the Police in Gelsenkirchen - [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 27, 2022 15:06

Irix

That police facebook post was obviousy written by someone who knows lots of Stones tracks - including some rare ones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 15:07 by thecitadel.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 27, 2022 15:20

Is there a merchandise stand outside and is it open?

Date: July 27, 2022 15:23

thecitadel
Irix

That police facebook post was obviousy written by someone who knows lots of Stones tracks - including some rare ones

yeah nice one !

Date: July 27, 2022 15:33

frankotero
Is there a merchandise stand outside and is it open?
It is open. Near Pit B entrance!

For the rest not much to do outside the stadium!

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 27, 2022 15:38

Irix

And this is what the Police Gelsenkirchen advises:- (machine translation)

Police NRW Gelsenkirchen

So that it's not "Let's Spend the Night Together" today, here are a few tips for a good and safe journey to and from the Rolling Stones concert in Gelsenkirchen:

- "Don't Stop" at the Gelsenkirchen-Buer exit on the Autobahn 2, but drive to the Herten junction. From there you can easily reach the arena and save yourself a "Long Long While" on the motorway.

- It won't take a "Long Long While" either if you park along tram line 302 and cover the last few kilometres by train. This "Love Train" runs from Bochum main station to Gelsenkirchen-Buer town hall. From both directions, the train stops directly at the arena. The fare is included in the ticket price.

- There is no "Route 66" in Gelsenkirchen, but there are plenty of side streets around the arena where you can park, including the right-hand lanes of Emil-Zimmermann-Allee between Adenauerallee and Cranger Straße.

- Incidentally, you can also park your "Brand New Car" in the city centres of Gelsenkirchen and Gelsenkirchen-Buer. There you can also take tram 302 to the arena. For the first time, the Medicos rehabilitation clinic multi-storey car park will be open directly next to the arena, Parkallee 1, with around 200 parking spaces available. But these will cost "money".

- In order to avoid "(Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City" after the concert, please go to the car parks in good time and follow the signs and instructions of the security staff. This is the only way to ensure a timely "Going Home".

And finally "Surprise Surprise": "On With the Show" and "Reelin' and Rockin'".
Your Gelsenkirchen Police

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Date: July 27, 2022 16:03

LD counter is open. So far bad tix from what I heard.

Date: July 27, 2022 16:05

bluenote

Interesting as they said 17:00.

Date: July 27, 2022 16:20

First people at the VIP
[www.instagram.com]

Date: July 27, 2022 16:23

schwonek
bluenote

Interesting as they said 17:00.

I was here around 14:30 and it was still closed. But now it is open. That's why I posted winking smiley

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home