Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: July 28, 2022 12:54

PatrickS77
StonedRambler
Because for each venue and town there is a certain layout where they can make the most money. Munich was a bigger stadium and a richer town so they knew they could put a lot more of those 500€ seats on there.

Yeah. Obviously, it's greedy promoters and an (equally greedy) band who doesn't give a damn. It sucks to high hell. I never should have went to that damn Munich show. But that was the closest to where I live (2 hours) and personal scheduling (and over 1 month earlier than the much further away, but more fanfriendly layout second of my concerts in Vienna).

well the seats is one thing, but they had huge tents so there was a lot of obstructed view from the silver pit and GA. I understand because of the weather and open roof. But on previous tours those tents were far more to the sides.

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:35

StonedRambler
Lien
Full show

[youtu.be]
Did you record that? If so, thank you. Really cool to have a video that shows the full production from further away.

No , I just found it on youtube , you may thank the uploader ! smiling smiley

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:45

matthijst
Oriongalaxy
Due to fake lights it's hard to guess - could someone please confirm (for my gf) Mick's jacket was blue or purple?
Thanks
Think it was purple.

I meant the jacket (bomber) at the beggining of the show smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:52

Oriongalaxy
matthijst
Oriongalaxy
Due to fake lights it's hard to guess - could someone please confirm (for my gf) Mick's jacket was blue or purple?
Thanks
Think it was purple.

It's funny because in some pictures it looks blue and in some purple. I think you and your GF arre both right - it must be a blue one with some purplish tint.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:57

Oriongalaxy

Shiny blue I think

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 14:02 by matthijst.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:58

PaintMonkeyManBlack
PatrickS77
StonedRambler
Because for each venue and town there is a certain layout where they can make the most money. Munich was a bigger stadium and a richer town so they knew they could put a lot more of those 500€ seats on there.

Yeah. Obviously, it's greedy promoters and an (equally greedy) band who doesn't give a damn. It sucks to high hell. I never should have went to that damn Munich show. But that was the closest to where I live (2 hours) and personal scheduling (and over 1 month earlier than the much further away, but more fanfriendly layout second of my concerts in Vienna).

well the seats is one thing, but they had huge tents so there was a lot of obstructed view from the silver pit and GA. I understand because of the weather and open roof. But on previous tours those tents were far more to the sides.

Yeah. It was all around crap, even though I got the spot I was aiming for, front row silver pit, right in the middle of those 2 tents. But for one, even the catwalk was too far away and as soon as the people in that 400+ € section right in front of us stood up, view of the stage was pretty much @#$%& and obsructed by heads and arms, as the stage was too low for a good view. My saving grace was the fact that I had my camera with great zoom, so at least I could make some halfway decent videos and pictures, holding the camera way over my head. Otherwise it was total crap. In 2017 at least you could get somewhere near the front on the side of the seats, if you were early enough, but this time they divided the stadium in half and you couldn't get anywhere near the seats, except standing behind them. Gelsenkirchen was done way better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 14:03 by PatrickS77.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 28, 2022 14:17

PatrickS77
Yeah. It was all around crap, even though I got the spot I was aiming for, front row silver pit, right in the middle of those 2 tents. But for one, even the catwalk was too far away and as soon as the people in that 400+ € section right in front of us stood up, view of the stage was pretty much @#$%& and obsructed by heads and arms, as the stage was too low for a good view. My saving grace was the fact that I had my camera with great zoom, so at least I could make some halfway decent videos and pictures, holding the camera way over my head. Otherwise it was total crap. In 2017 at least you could get somewhere near the front on the side of the seats, if you were early enough, but this time they divided the stadium in half and you couldn't get anywhere near the seats, except standing behind them. Gelsenkirchen was done way better.

Ok.

Date: July 28, 2022 14:20

BowieStone
PatrickS77

Ok.

What do you want to say?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 28, 2022 14:33

Official number of fans in the stadium: 45.000.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 28, 2022 14:44

Nikkei
After spending the night at several train stations I just arrived home. Can't remember a thing. My shirt and elbow are full of blood. Must have been great.

sound like you had a hell of a night

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:28

looking now at some clips, was Mick alright last night? he looks very tired on some

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:32

question: what does Mick says to Ronnie at the very beginning

anyway great version

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:55

"Just go with it"?

Date: July 28, 2022 17:55

maumau
looking now at some clips, was Mick alright last night? he looks very tired on some

Yes. I noticed it straight away.
He seemed tired, but made his way through the show like the pro he is.
He moved and danced much less than previous shows. But less doesn’t mean worse. His talking to the audience felt obliged… normally he seems to enjoy that.
It feels like he miscalculated his energy for the tour and has run a little bit out of steam. Pretty sure that’s why we got 18 songs yesterday.
Still… the man is a pro and that’s what he/we can always rely on.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:01

ProfessorWolf
Nikkei
After spending the night at several train stations I just arrived home. Can't remember a thing. My shirt and elbow are full of blood. Must have been great.

sound like you had a hell of a night

yeah still trying to piece it together

Date: July 28, 2022 18:07

BowieStone
It feels like he miscalculated his energy for the tour and has run a little bit out of steam.

Well. It's the first time he's touring as a 79 year old. So give him a break.

Date: July 28, 2022 18:12

PatrickS77
BowieStone
It feels like he miscalculated his energy for the tour and has run a little bit out of steam.

Well. It's the first time he's touring as a 79 year old. So give him a break.

What’s the matter with you?
I give him a break; try to read the entire post.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:21

maumau

In Pit A there was a huge weed smell at the last part of the show. Looked like Mick was swearing in his self 'what is this shit' a couple of times grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:43

PatrickS77
BlueTurns2Grey

Wow. That lay out is so much better than Munich, which was the @#$%& worst. Silver pit was total crap there. Why do they have a different lay out in every damn stadium? Even when it's in the same country. Damn those @#$%& promoters. Somebody in the Stones organization should say, how the seating/standing configuration has to look like and make sure it's the same everywhere. I hate this.

the golden circle in Munich was twice as big as in Gelsenkirchen

Date: July 28, 2022 18:46

slewan
PatrickS77
BlueTurns2Grey

Wow. That lay out is so much better than Munich, which was the @#$%& worst. Silver pit was total crap there. Why do they have a different lay out in every damn stadium? Even when it's in the same country. Damn those @#$%& promoters. Somebody in the Stones organization should say, how the seating/standing configuration has to look like and make sure it's the same everywhere. I hate this.

the golden circle in Munich was twice as big as in Gelsenkirchen

Exactly my point. Silver pit in Gelsenkirchen brought you much closer than silver pit in Munich.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 28, 2022 19:55

BowieStone
maumau

Yes. I noticed it straight away.
He seemed tired, but made his way through the show like the pro he is.
He moved and danced much less than previous shows. But less doesn’t mean worse. His talking to the audience felt obliged… normally he seems to enjoy that.
It feels like he miscalculated his energy for the tour and has run a little bit out of steam. Pretty sure that’s why we got 18 songs yesterday.
Still… the man is a pro and that’s what he/we can always rely on.

I'd think his bout with Covid hasn't helped his energy supply, and has probably played a part in his running out of steam.. While he evidently "recovered" relatively quickly from the virus,
there's sometimes lingering effects and symptoms - especially with a 78 year old person (now 79). He was fine throughout all of last years shows, but then again he didn't catch Covid.
Hopefully he's resting well, and will be able to get back to 100% for Stockholm and Berlin. Only two shows to go, and you know he wants them to be as great as possible.

Date: July 28, 2022 20:56

I still think he just might have partied a bit too hard in Dusseldorf the night before winking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 28, 2022 21:00

alreadyoverme
Thru and Thru
Oh boy, WiFi seems to be really bad in the arena. Waterrats video cuts out constantly. sad smiley

aye it's terrible! poor Waterrats is doing his best so we get a stream and it's not really working... Thanks anyway pal!thumbs up hope connection improves a bit..

Thanks for your understanding! It was exactly like you described: I got like 20 seconds of stream, then the connection broke down; after some time the signal came back, but got lost after 20 seconds again. It was peculiarly regular with that. After about one third of the show I gave up.

So sorry about this, folks! Everything else went smooth: the battery still had 90% after I stopped, so I guess I cuold have streamed most of the show in one go.

Even after the show, running around the arena outside, I got no connection. Alas, this it Germany, Europe and we have 2022 - what can I say?

In any case - I tried it. And we all know, that other shows served way better streams.

Date: July 28, 2022 21:07

waterrats
alreadyoverme
Thru and Thru
Oh boy, WiFi seems to be really bad in the arena. Waterrats video cuts out constantly. sad smiley

aye it's terrible! poor Waterrats is doing his best so we get a stream and it's not really working... Thanks anyway pal!thumbs up hope connection improves a bit..

Thanks for your understanding! It was exactly like you described: I got like 20 seconds of stream, then the connection broke down; after some time the signal came back, but got lost after 20 seconds again. It was peculiarly regular with that. After about one third of the show I gave up.

So sorry about this, folks! Everything else went smooth: the battery still had 90% after I stopped, so I guess I cuold have streamed most of the show in one go.

Even after the show, running around the arena outside, I got no connection. Alas, this it Germany, Europe and we have 2022 - what can I say?

In any case - I tried it. And we all know, that other shows served way better streams.
Thanks a lot for trying waterrats! Hope you had a great show anyways.
Mobile internet in Germany is worse than in some development countries

Date: July 28, 2022 21:18

bluenote
maumau

In Pit A there was a huge weed smell at the last part of the show. Looked like Mick was swearing in his self 'what is this shit' a couple of times grinning smiley

We'll still never see Mick pulling a Roger Daltrey on the smokers. The dope is one thing but may I ask what is up with Stones fans always with their cigarillos?

Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 28, 2022 22:31

Posted by: mmurphy0817 ()
Date: July 29, 2022 00:29

No reports from last night beyond the usual set list complaints and Keith's and Ronnie's mistakes?????

Date: July 29, 2022 00:38

mmurphy0817
No reports from last night beyond the usual set list complaints and Keith's and Ronnie's mistakes?????

been waiting to read a report too with what I got I can't do one

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 29, 2022 00:45

Some Gelsenkirchen (pre-) report by public broadcaster WDR - [www1.WDR.de] .

"Legenden: 60 Jahre Rolling Stones" by WDR4 - [www1.WDR.de] .

"Außergewöhnlich: Das Phänomen Rolling Stones" - 6 mins audio-special by WDR5 - [www1.WDR.de] .

Book by Frank Steffan: "60 Jahre Rolling Stones - Betrachtungen einer unglaublichen Karriere"

[www.Thalia.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Edition-Steffan.de]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-29 01:25 by Irix.

Date: July 29, 2022 00:48

thx Irix. My bag ist full of Pretzels handed out by WDR4 people. The station apparently did a Stones all-nighter

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home