Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:05

Did anyone experience a problem bringing in a compact camera? Or was it the same as at the rest of the tour and as the eventim instructions said - that compact cameras were okay? I am asking because the promoter's instructions said strictly no cameras and Berlin has the same promoter. So was there any difference compared to other shows?

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:08

Not so lucky dips, but the section all the way at the tip was fun. Plus great sound and a killer performance. On to Stockholm!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:14

There was a camera crane on Ronnie's side - a first this tour?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:15

Happy24

Did anyone experience a problem bringing in a compact camera?

No problem in Munich with a small compact camera and the security staffs were standing the whole time directly beside me at the catwalk during the show. Same promoter (FKP Scorpio) in Munich as for Gelsenkirchen & Berlin. Mobile phones are allowed and their cameras have nowadays a better picture quality than an old compact camera some years ago - see Matt Lee's videos taken with an iPhone Pro.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:18

Papo
Justin
Papo
If I remember correctly, it was after Tumbling Dice.

Hmm, not the right guitar on Keith. Perhaps soon after that, after Out of Time before Wild Horses perhaps?

You're right I think.

No video yet of the moment that I can find. How did it come about? Did the text flash on the screen for the audience to react? I can't imagine anyone getting on a mic to say anything about it.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:20

Papo

No also in Amsterdam and Brussel for sure. In Amsterdam the setlist was hanging on that camera
[twitter.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:24

Maybe it's just 18 songs because Mick partied a bit too hard the night before in Düsseldorf? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:35

django
Scored LD Diamond Pit B with my daughter. Wow!!!

... and we met this super nice guy. Thank you Bernard!

What a night. Rambler was my favourite. The best in my concert historie so far (since 1982).

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:38

Happy24
Did anyone experience a problem bringing in a compact camera? Or was it the same as at the rest of the tour and as the eventim instructions said - that compact cameras were okay? I am asking because the promoter's instructions said strictly no cameras and Berlin has the same promoter. So was there any difference compared to other shows?

like in Brussels, there were no checks at all for me.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:39

Great atmosphere. People loved it.

Btw there was no search at all. I could have taken a huge camera.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:41

Justin
Papo
If I remember correctly, it was after Tumbling Dice.

Hmm, not the right guitar on Keith. Perhaps soon after that, after Out of Time before Wild Horses perhaps?

After Out Of Time: the words on the backdrop can be seen in one of waterrats' streams though you can't hear any singing.

Date: July 28, 2022 09:41

Congrats!
Agree with you, Rambler was fantastic. On the way home my son said the song gave him shivers
in the parts with the stops/bangs ("Well you heard about the Boston...").

What a great night - again!

Posted by: folon ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:46

We had unlucky dips in block 39 way up in the Nordkurve. Far, far away but the best ever sound in a stadium. Crystal clear and finally all details could be heard. Wonderful. And a superb performance exceeding my expectations... Keith and Ronnie all over the place, covering a little bit a "short breathed" Mick.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 28, 2022 09:47

ok so I didn't properly "go to the gig" but technically I was in there. It was weird, sort of magnetic. I wanted to listen to Out of Time from the outside but you couldn't hear much, one person talking was enough to drown it out. When I already had decided to leave I followed some people through a kind of tunnel for some reason and suddenly found myself side stage during Wild Horses. It was familiar, felt like returning to my dad's for lunch. I wasn't even thrown out, a guy just told me I couldn't have a glass bottle on me. Since it proved impossible to return home same day anyway, I reckon I should have just stayed

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:02

Papo

no, it has always been there – at least from the first NoFilter show onwards

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:14

Justin
ProfessorWolf
band intro?

Keith and Ronnie have guitars on. From the looks of it, right before "Start Me Up" perhaps...

Happy Birtday was between Out of time and Wild horses.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:26

Some great pictures taken from the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-29 01:54 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:32

Papo

Every show every tour for years. It is part of the production.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:40

folon
We had unlucky dips in block 39 way up in the Nordkurve. Far, far away but the best ever sound in a stadium. Crystal clear and finally all details could be heard. Wonderful. And a superb performance exceeding my expectations... Keith and Ronnie all over the place, covering a little bit a "short breathed" Mick.

Right at the start of Matt Lee's band introductions video Mick says that he's "not going to waste my breath on stupid jokes" so clearly he's being careful for some reason.

Date: July 28, 2022 10:48

slewan
Papo

no, it has always been there – at least from the first NoFilter show onwards

Ah, thank you, my bad. Didn't notice it at HP and in Bruxelles, due being on Keith's side probably.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:54

Due to fake lights it's hard to guess - could someone please confirm (for my gf) Mick's jacket was blue or purple?
Thanks

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:55

What a great show! Had seated tickets in the A1 section, which was perfect: close to the stage, but no need to stand for hours before the show start (was with my dad).
Took some photo's. Liked this one best, more here.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: July 28, 2022 10:58

Oriongalaxy
Due to fake lights it's hard to guess - could someone please confirm (for my gf) Mick's jacket was blue or purple?
Thanks
Think it was purple.

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:00

falo01
Happy24

like in Brussels, there were no checks at all for me.

i had to walk back to the parking lot in brussels because security didn't allow my camera to enter. despite the fact that I showed the conditions that clearly stated that it was allowed. then we can discuss that, but that was pointless. In the end we had a great concert, that's what matters.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:42

Irix
Happy24

Did anyone experience a problem bringing in a compact camera?

No problem in Munich with a small compact camera and the security staffs were standing the whole time directly beside me at the catwalk during the show. Same promoter (FKP Scorpio) in Munich as for Gelsenkirchen & Berlin. Mobile phones are allowed and their cameras have nowadays a better picture quality than an old compact camera some years ago - see Matt Lee's videos taken with an iPhone Pro.

Well. Once you're inside, it doesn't matter. Usually people there don't give a shit. In Mannheim I wasn't let in with the camera. Once inside, people in the front rows where taking pictures with cameras left and right and no one said shit. And yes, it's ridiculous, as, like you say, top of the line mobiles often take better pics and videos than not so top line compact cameras.

Date: July 28, 2022 11:52

BlueTurns2Grey

Wow. That lay out is so much better than Munich, which was the @#$%& worst. Silver pit was total crap there. Why do they have a different lay out in every damn stadium? Even when it's in the same country. Damn those @#$%& promoters. Somebody in the Stones organization should say, how the seating/standing configuration has to look like and make sure it's the same everywhere. I hate this.

Date: July 28, 2022 11:58

PatrickS77
BlueTurns2Grey

Wow. That lay out is so much better than Munich, which was the @#$%& worst. Silver pit was total crap there. Why do they have a different lay out in every damn stadium? Even when it's in the same country. Damn those @#$%& promoters. Somebody in the Stones organization should say, how the seating/standing configuration has to look like and make sure it's the same everywhere. I hate this.
Because for each venue and town there is a certain layout where they can make the most money. Munich was a bigger stadium and a richer town so they knew they could put a lot more of those 500€ seats on there.

Date: July 28, 2022 12:11

StonedRambler
Because for each venue and town there is a certain layout where they can make the most money. Munich was a bigger stadium and a richer town so they knew they could put a lot more of those 500€ seats on there.

Yeah. Obviously, it's greedy promoters and an (equally greedy) band who doesn't give a damn. It sucks to high hell. I never should have went to that damn Munich show. But that was the closest to where I live (2 hours) and personal scheduling (and over 1 month earlier than the much further away, but more fanfriendly layout second of my concerts in Vienna).

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 28, 2022 12:42

Full show

[youtu.be]

Date: July 28, 2022 12:53

Lien
Full show

[youtu.be]
Did you record that? If so, thank you. Really cool to have a video that shows the full production from further away.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home