Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:16

Re: Gelsenkirchen Germany 27-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: July 28, 2022 00:16

Voice problems in lyon
No mick on soundcheck in paris
Down to 18 songs

Clearly mick has to play it safe for some reason at the moment to make the end of the tour. Its all in our own interest.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:18

Mick sounded GREAT in Paris with a 19 song setlist, so he was able to bounce back from Lyon with it's 18 song setlist...
Maybe he pushed himself too far in Paris and had a setback, or is saving himself as they quickly approach the finish line...only two more to go!
Anyhow, must have been a special show for Mick tonight - his first as a 79 year old! He's incredible.....

Posted by: olympia2003 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:23

Don´t worry, nobody is able to do shows like they do after 60 years and at the age around 80 - so be HAPPY

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:25

Hairball
Mick sounded GREAT in Paris with a 19 song setlist

Listen to songs like Out Of Time and Wild Horses from Paris. He clearly was not 100% but still did his best. Doing 18 songs instead of 19 is a smart move since it lowers the risk of having to cancel the last two shows.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:26

Yeah, first show in his 79 years old and 18 song setlist…must be a letdown for those who were there in celebratory mood, an anticlimactic end for sure.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:29

Hairball
Mick sounded GREAT in Paris with a 19 song setlist, so he was able to bounce back from Lyon with it's 18 song setlist...
Maybe he pushed himself too far in Paris and had a setback, or is saving himself as they quickly approach the finish line...only two more to go!
Anyhow, must have been a special show for Mick tonight - his first as a 79 year old! He's incredible.....

I've seen the Stones in Paris 7 times since 1998 including Saturday night. They always raise their game there, which inevitably means the next show may suffer, especially at their ages. I'd rather they paced themselves and do what they can well than overstretch.

Date: July 28, 2022 00:34

EasterMan

Listen to songs like Out Of Time and Wild Horses from Paris. He clearly was not 100% but still did his best.

I have listened to those tunes and thought he sounded great - in fact I thought he sounded great the entire Paris show.
And based on comments and reviews from those who were there, it was possibly the best show of so far. Mick and Keith at their best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 00:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:38

Hairball
EasterMan

Listen to songs like Out Of Time and Wild Horses from Paris. He clearly was not 100% but still did his best.

I have listened to those tunes and thought he sounded great - in fact I thought he sounded great the entire Paris show.
And based on comments and reviews from those who were there, it was possibly the best show of so far. Mick and Keith at their best.

You can still hear he's a bit more flat than usual, haven't watched the whole show but Keith was at his usual level I would say, horrible on Paint It Black but better on some other songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 00:40 by EasterMan.

Date: July 28, 2022 00:47

Interesting that Mick isn't wearing a mask in this photo, nor is anyone else for that matter.
Seems a bit risky considering he just recently recovered from Covid, and then to be in such tight quarters with the horns a' blowing.......

Green Lady
Did anybody post the pic of Mick with his new backing band? I bet he's making jokes about it on his usual what-I-did-in-town spiel:

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:47

Keith in Paris played great!I was at that show

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 28, 2022 00:56

Hairball
Interesting that Mick isn't wearing a mask in this photo, nor is anyone else for that matter.
Seems a bit risky considering he just recently recovered from Covid, and then to be in such tight quarters with the horns a' blowing.......

Green Lady
Did anybody post the pic of Mick with his new backing band? I bet he's making jokes about it on his usual what-I-did-in-town spiel:

Well he had covid so he built up his natural immunity, he's not going to get it twice so soon

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:10

After Keith's set Mick seemed to have problems with his right eye, from close the lid seemed hanging a bit. I hope this is not a major issue and he is doing well. Nice one the happy birthday singalongs in the pit and his 'where is my cake'

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:20

eismann
After Keith's set Mick seemed to have problems with his right eye, from close the lid seemed hanging a bit. I hope this is not a major issue and he is doing well. Nice one the happy birthday singalongs in the pit and his 'where is my cake'

Seriously ? you can see that close, don't his eye lids always droop these days, he's 79 remember and doesn't resort to surgery, i admire him for that, i don't believe he's ever had surgery and Micks eyes are normal.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:22

Just back from the show. It was different from the ones I have seen before ist but nonetheless a great one, for various reason. From the beginning, Mick seemed to struggle a bit, being a bit out of breath. He certainly moved and sang less,but he was determined to give a great performance nonetheless. What was absolutely wonderful is how Keith and Ronnie covered him up, but playing absolutely great and moving a lot. My favorite Keith and Ronnie Performance this tour.

Our son's first Stones' concert and he was absolutely overwhelmed, one of his favorite moments being Midnight Rambler which was fantastic once again. Seing our son's reaction to the songs, the performance, the audience (we were lower tier sideways of the catwalk) will forever be one of my favorite concert memories...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 06:36 by Papo.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:25

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:28

I remember another Stones concert that took place next day after Mick's birthday - and it was his 60th birthday. Prague 2003. I didn't imagine, then, the band putting on such great gigs, after 19 years... Fortunately, they still can do it and they do it!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:28

And I did not care at all that they only did 18 songs. I even expected them to cut one more in the second part of the show and it would have been okay, too. It was hard work for Mick today but he soldiered through, simply amazing. Kudos to him.

Date: July 28, 2022 01:32

Is the capacity of this stadium 40,000, as IORR says? It seems like a typical 50,000 - 55,000 stadium...

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:33

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Voice problems in lyon
No mick on soundcheck in paris
Down to 18 songs

Clearly mick has to play it safe for some reason at the moment to make the end of the tour. Its all in our own interest.
I heard no soundcheck here as well! Could be good isolation though,

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:40

MattLeeUK YouTube Channel

Gelsenkirchen videos going up on my YouTube channel:

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:41

Keith in fantastic form during HTW, thanks to Matt again.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:55

It was a great show. Lots of smiles and good energy. We loved it. Plus the organization was great. Lucky Dips were a charm.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 28, 2022 01:58

laertisflash
Is the capacity of this stadium 40,000, as IORR says? It seems like a typical 50,000 - 55,000 stadium...
Organsizer said: more than 50.000 today.
Exact number later.

Date: July 28, 2022 02:08

„Danke“ instead of „Bis bald“ - seams to be Farewell

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 02:10

one song less than usual – and it's a pity that they skipped a variation slot instead of one of the standard songs. When I relized it I was hoping for a 3 songs Keith set.
another pity was that they did Wild Horses again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 02:11 by slewan.

Date: July 28, 2022 02:14

Wild Horses was a highlight. Such a great rendition.

Date: July 28, 2022 02:17

Thanks, MAF!

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 02:28

it is amazing what they are doing at their age, a show every 4 days since July 3, in different countries, unreal.

Date: July 28, 2022 02:34

Jagger in yellow black - was that on purpose? Schalke vs Bvb?

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home