Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:39

Keith looks very happy this tour which is good to see. His playing is maybe better than in 2017 but not very different from 2018-2021.

I feel like sometimes people are judging Keith more based on how he looks on stage rather than how he plays.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:41

Yeah, I saw that coming from a mile away, got sick after the Lyon show so it wasn't too hard of a decision to give it a miss in the end. Shame on them for piggybacking on the crappy Lolapalooza setup instead of treating their fans to a U-Arena, Parc des Princes or even Stade de France show.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 24, 2022 21:48

RaiseTheKnife
Keith looks very happy this tour which is good to see. His playing is maybe better than in 2017 but not very different from 2018-2021.

I feel like sometimes people are judging Keith more based on how he looks on stage rather than how he plays.
partly true. Same with jagger. Its about overall performance isnt it?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:48

MisterDDDD
Green Lady
MadMetaphoricalMax
Silver Dagger
Midnight Rambler last night in Paris. A stunning version -

Silver dagger, that version of Rambler you caught there just blew my head clean off. Absolutely incredible.... And quite different from what they did with it at Hyde Park. My god, the song is ALIVE ...

Wow.

thumbs up

WOW--- THE GLIMMER TWINS!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:53

"I feel like sometimes people are judging Keith more based on how he looks on stage rather than how he plays".

That's right, RaiseTheKnife... But, IMO, people who judge Keith by this criterion
are bacically among the so called "hard core" fans, let's say among the "all time complaining" ... wing of IORR forum...
Out there, people seem to judge things by much more logical criteria. Fortunately...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:58

Along with Midnight Rambler and Happy, a major highlight of this show.
Feel bad for those in Lyon who were shortchanged by this song being cut from the shortened setlist...
One of the Stones' greatest tunes, and in fact one of the greatest tunes ever recorded by any band.

Silver Dagger
Feisty Sasha has been a revelation on this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 21:59 by Hairball.

Date: July 24, 2022 22:18

Ronnie and Keith playing beautiful guitar lines on shelter. Also loved that keith came have a close look to mick and sasha. Not sure you can see it in the video, but keith was right behind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 22:21 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: July 24, 2022 22:25

Double

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 22:36 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 24, 2022 22:44

To those who complain about set lists and so on. What if your only show was in Bern Switzerland? As long as they can play, we should be happy. They do their best during all sorts of conditions.

Bjornulf

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: July 24, 2022 23:15

bv
To those who complain about set lists and so on. What if your only show was in Bern Switzerland? As long as they can play, we should be happy. They do their best during all sorts of conditions.
Completely agree with you!

Date: July 24, 2022 23:37

I remember them playing 19 songs in 2003. so, 18 songs (still two hours gigs), at their 79, under heat waves, that isn't big deal for me.

(But, please, not less than 19, right Mick, Keith and Ronnie ?)

Date: July 24, 2022 23:37

I ment not less than 18, of course...

Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2022 00:34

DAVID WOLFF-PATRICK / DALLE

Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2022 00:34

BERTRAND GUAY | AFP

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2022 03:12

Aside from the terrible logisitics of the venue, seems this Paris show and performance itself might be a prime candidate for being the best this summer.
Based on many of the mostly positive reviews, and after listening to and viewing some of the better quality videos, would be hard to argue against at this point.
Still three shows to go, and with the smaller Waldbühne venue in Berlin being the grand finale, one might think it could end up as being the top of the heap. Or maybe not.
Speaking of which, without the massive gaudy stage they've been using, and instead a vast and scenic forest of trees as the backdrop, chances are good it will be the most visually appealing.
Meanwhile, hoping the next show at Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen is as good as the Paris show for all who are attending, but Paris might have just raised the bar as high as it will ever go - possibly forever.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2022 04:07

no satisfaction
bv
Completely agree with you!

If I could be so bold and interpret the whiners true meaning what they're saying is, "I want it to be 1973 again".

OK, so noted.

Given it's 49 years later, I think things are going exceptionally well for the Rolling Stones and their fans.

Re: Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 25, 2022 07:09

bye bye johnny

BERTRAND GUAY | AFP

Whats going on with Keith, he's starting to look like that Keef again, he looks and moves cool and full of confidence, did you watch him on HTW, that man is back.smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 25, 2022 07:47

Silver Dagger

I began to notice that Steve has simplified Rambler in recent shows. That thing he did with the kick is minimized and it's a bit more straightforward like Charlie. Sounds great.

Posted by: 14onFire ()
Date: July 25, 2022 08:58

RG
The Stones were amazing. It was my fourth show this tour and they were at their top last night.
But.. the organization at the Paris show was a bloody shame. Unbelievable chaos, Total amateur. I will never attend a show at the Hippodrome again.

Can you say why? I actually think it was very good organized - entrance and exit, enough toilets, good sound …

By the way - iorr.org says still 100.000 people. It might have been 50.000 or 60.000, depending on which french newspaper you read / believe.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 25, 2022 09:47

That Midnight Rambler?

Awesome!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 25, 2022 10:34

That Rambler kills .... ghosts of Robert Johnson

The four of 'em around Steve ..... standing drumming ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2022 10:39

Rockman
That Rambler kills .... ghosts of Robert Johnson

The four of 'em around Steve ..... standing drumming ......

I needed to ask a few cats next to me to help drag my tongue off the floor. That was some version.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 11:18

Silver Dagger

THIS was staggering. Just WOW. AND Steve standing up, playing, at the 11.30sec mark for a few bars then down, then up, then down… again, just WOW. HE DROVE this. Just staggering.

Rod

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 25, 2022 11:56

I wasn't there but lovely to read that they are still so passionate about their shows and throw all their energy into it.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 25, 2022 12:32

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 25, 2022 12:36

14onFire
RG
The Stones were amazing. It was my fourth show this tour and they were at their top last night.
But.. the organization at the Paris show was a bloody shame. Unbelievable chaos, Total amateur. I will never attend a show at the Hippodrome again.

Can you say why? I actually think it was very good organized - entrance and exit, enough toilets, good sound …

By the way - iorr.org says still 100.000 people. It might have been 50.000 or 60.000, depending on which french newspaper you read / believe.

The legal capacity is 50,000. It was more than that. I changed my estimate to 60,000. There is always a difference in legal, books, published and actual numbers.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 25, 2022 13:18

Hairball
Along with Midnight Rambler and Happy, a major highlight of this show.
Feel bad for those in Lyon who were shortchanged by this song being cut from the shortened setlist...
One of the Stones' greatest tunes, and in fact one of the greatest tunes ever recorded by any band.

Silver Dagger
Feisty Sasha has been a revelation on this tour.

But the song they didn't play in Lyon wouldn't have been like this. For whatever reason (probably Mick's voice) they knew they couldn't deliver - and maybe the wonderful show in Paris came at the price of cutting a substandard Shelter in Lyon? If they had sung it then, badly, we'd have been down on them like a ton of bricks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-25 13:20 by Green Lady.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:29

Green Lady
For whatever reason (probably Mick's voice) they knew they couldn't deliver - and maybe the wonderful show in Paris came at the price of cutting a substandard Shelter in Lyon?

That's a telling metaphor of the band's current M.O. : making the best use of the (dwindling) human resources the band can rely on. Mick is wise : he knew the big gig was Paris not Lyon.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:49

My message send
to Live nation France
"hello a little debrief of the stone concert!
Waiting outside: no toilets for those who arrive early... due to complaints two have arrived... No water point or water sale...
Then wait before the search 1h30 under the sun after having made us empty our water bottles...great...
Dig or overzealous or nothing...
Left luggage after the search....those who had umbrella seat etc... Asked to go to the left luggage...did not go there...
Then almost an hour piled up like sheep waiting for the release!
Concert at the top fortunately but there I was not too worried although the Pit A was much fuller than usual....
High Security in front of the stage.
Sale price on the spot no comment we are not all of the Rothschild family.
WC water point inside well.
Catastrophic exit 1 hour to leave the place and 40 minutes to reach the first metro station...
In short, long live the Stade de France!! We are not festival goers...
Cordially

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:51

what a show ! perfect sound and musicians playing really together.
in my top 5/40 shows

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home