Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 24, 2022 00:15

waterrats

Twitter

The stage looks like as the one from Munich - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 00:20 by Irix.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 24, 2022 00:18

Irix
waterrats

Twitter

The stage looks like as the one from Munich.

Umm what? You’re not serious?

Date: July 24, 2022 00:22

More Hot Rocks

Umm what?

Munich - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 24, 2022 00:29

I think all that they actually carry about with them is the multicoloured front display, which they just tack onto the front of whatever stage the venue provides. You can see from the earlier Out Of Time stream that Longchamp has a very basic festival type setup behind the Stones display (and no side screens):

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2022 00:40

Green Lady
I think all that they actually carry about with them is the multicoloured front display, which they just tack onto the front of whatever stage the venue provides. You can see from the earlier Out Of Time stream that Longchamp has a very basic festival type setup behind the Stones display (and no side screens):

[www.facebook.com]

The multicoloured front displays that they just tack on can vary in height from one venue to the next.
Some are short and squished, and appear on the verge or in the midst of collapsing (as in tonight and in Munich),
while others stand much taller and resemble a circus tent meets fun house meets McDonalds meets freak show.

Date: July 24, 2022 00:59

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 24, 2022 01:06

Date: July 24, 2022 01:14

Keith fell in the fountain of youth. Its unbelievable. Great great show, way oversold packed pit a

Date: July 24, 2022 01:17

Sorry great doesnt do justice. Wild horses and rambler highlights. Band on kerosine fire.

Date: July 24, 2022 01:27

First songs i was afraid mick wouldnt last the show. Voice was not good. But during wild horses he magicly regained his perfect voice and we got a full set. What a band. Never seen keith happier than today.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 24, 2022 01:29

It was awesome, simply awesome. Thank you for this great show. Pit A was packed! Keith was awesome. Wild Horses! What a Version! Still t the venue drinking Beer. I would say best show this year!

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: July 24, 2022 01:43

Bonne nuit Parisspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 24, 2022 01:51

Alright. Already back at the hotel so short review;

First of all; i didnt like paris before. But that has changed forever. What an amazing city. Clean, beautifull and the french are nice these days. Loved every second of it.

The venue is what it is. However i found it was organized very well. Lots of staff for directions, all friendly people. Great selections of food too. And a very good atmosphere.

Pit was in the shadow, lovely! Warm up band lots of noise and a really cool cover of voodoo child. Stones came on late, after 21.30. Sound was a bit low which was fixed at htw. Micks voice was not good the before wild horses. He really struggled and i was seriously worried he would not make the end of the show. But with wild horses everything came back and mick was very good regarding to his voice. As a frontman mick looked possesed. He was everywhere. Amazing again. Keith was very very very good and moved A LOT. He went down the catwalk even on songs he was not supposed to. Mick loved it. Keith was smiling all the show and said he was so happy at the moment. And then played happy. Silver was beautifull too.

Wild horses is not my song, but was amazing. Midnight rambler again on the best i have ever seen. This is the stones masterpiece. And they showed it. Ronnie too was very good with a great solo on smu. A song i think steve misses something (only song i dont like steve on). Gimme shelter a great version after some shows where it wasnt that good.

Pit was absolutely packed. Never seen anything like this and did not like it one bit. However this show was even better than brussels. For me the best i have seen them (19 shows). Keith and Mick where
100% on their top game. Mick flashed the crowd too.

Mick forgot to introduce chuck and said he @#$%& up. Also steve came after daryll this time. Mick joked about ronnie spoiling serlists. Lol. Going home went very smooth. Metro system is fantastic. Also helped i beat 95.000 persone by seeing satisfaction from the back.

This band is amazing. If you can; go see them while you still can.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 02:01 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 24, 2022 02:14

What an amazing night in Paris
Merci beaucoup!!

[twitter.com]

Paris France 23-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 24, 2022 02:14

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 24, 2022 02:16

No weird vibes here! One of the better shows of my mini-tour.

Keith had a good night, I thought. They were all enjoying themselves on stage.

Surprised to see them break curfew by 15 minutes.

Spotted Michael Douglas, Roman Polanski and Emmanuelle Seigner in the "golden pit".

Date: July 24, 2022 02:29

Oh, BTW. The LD wristband happened to be the same color as the pit wristband tonight...saw people with Gold Circle+LD bands in the pit.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 24, 2022 02:30

A sensational show. My third show of this tour (after Liverpool and Hyde Park 2). This was the best. I have seen 45 shows since 1995 and this was one of the best and most consistent. Definitely in my Top 10 best Stones shows I have ever seen.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 24, 2022 02:54

please never play this venue again!!
1.The venue is not easy to reach with pulic transport – I just arrived back at my hotel (2 hours after the end of the show)

2.The venue is badly organized. it took nearly an hour from the LD box to the GA section. People had to walk some 1.5 miles (or even more)

3. After the show everybody had to get back to the main entrences to leave the venue. There were no extra exits. So it took some 45 minutes to get out of the venue (in case you were able to walk fast)

It was worse than Prague in 2018 (because the had a nearby metro station in Prague which was easy to find

Date: July 24, 2022 02:55

Green Lady
VoodooLounge13
who was the opening act tonight?

Ayron Jones (unknown to me)

he did a very good version of Hendrix' Voodoo Chile

Date: July 24, 2022 02:57

Topi
Oh, BTW. The LD wristband happened to be the same color as the pit wristband tonight...saw people with Gold Circle+LD bands in the pit.

the colors seem always to be the same. Difference is that the LD one has stripes.
btw somee colors as in Liverpool tonight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 02:58 by slewan.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 24, 2022 03:22

Hey,

Best show i've seen of the tour so far imo
Keith walks all night long (3/4 times on the bstage) and his playing was great!
Ronnie is back after been waste in Vienna
Jagger wants to give more tonight. His singing was moving like on Wild Horses.
I never got so much interraction between them.
it seems it was a special night for Mick and Keith

Thanks to the Stones,

Posted by: rubysunday ()
Date: July 24, 2022 03:40

I've attended 5 shows this tour (Liverpool, London x2, Lyon and Paris), and I think Paris tonight was my favourite one (not only because I'm French!)
The atmosphere was great and it felt like a special show. There were several subtle changes to songs like solos and call-and-response - like with Ghost Town - Mick picked up on what the crowd's natural response was and adapted to it and seemed to really enjoy it. Wild Horses was wonderful, during the second half, the crowd was completely silent in my part of GA, you could hear a pin drop. Midnight Rambler was very powerful, so was Gimme Shelter.
The fact it was at an open-air venue like the hippodrome instead of a stadium was really nice, and it made it look as though there was an incredible amount of people attending. It was also the most intergenerational show I've been to so far!
The Eiffel tower (left over from Lollapalooza a few days ago) was a really cool touch with the logo, people obviously loved it.
The French love the Stones and the exchange of appreciation and energy of tonight was an amazing thing to see. smiling smiley

Date: July 24, 2022 03:47

Regarding the venue and the logistics:

I knew it was a racetrack, right? I knew what I was getting into. So it was about having the right mindset. I just walked along with the crowd, made it in just in time, so all good.

Show ended 11:45 PM, I was back at my place acroas the river in Suresnes an hour later. It's gonna happen.

Again, performance-wise, a great show for sure. Glad I went. Just as I thought this tour was getting a little...I don't wanna say old, but...

Now I'm really looking forward to Stockholm!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 05:11 by Topi.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 24, 2022 03:55

Legendary concert.
Very Special ambiance and a very very very long relationship between Paris and the Rolling Stones.

It was a very special concert; Mick, in French, said that they missa Charlie a lot, (“Il nous manque beaucoup and that this concert was dedicated to him. The band rolled and swinged in perfection; the inimitable Ancient Art of Weaving was there.

A very very very special night.

Charlie would ver extremely proud oh his friends.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 24, 2022 04:03

Looks like the majority of fans on IORR were positive about the performance tonight, is great.thumbs up

Let's face it, IORR fans in Europe and all over the world, are very similar to North America fans, and of course South America, Australia and New Zealand.

We all think our homeland love The Rolling Stones more than elsewhere........ but it's worldwide when it comes to The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 24, 2022 04:04

Glad the setlist was back to 19 songs, and that Gimme Shelter was back!
Matt Lee already has some video posted on youtube, including this:

Very nice version...subtle and poignant..."couldn't drag me away..."thumbs up

Date: July 24, 2022 04:10

Agree, was a great Wild Horses.

Mick was really bringing it tonight.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: July 24, 2022 04:19

My 2 centimes:
- My 7th Stones show, 4th in Paris.
- I dreaded the logistics of getting there, the walk and line seemed endless, didn't mind it so much on the way back, was able to hop on the metro easily despite the fact that I was late getting out.
- Had a lawn seat, eventually I figured out that if you went around the rafters you were a lot closer and didn't even really need to look at the screens :-)
- Loved Wild Horses, was happy to hear 19th Nervous Breakdown too, but hated LARS (never liked that song to begin with)
- Not a fan of the opener. They weren't "bad" but I just couldn't wait for them to stop and get on with the Stones.
- Atmosphere and audience were great. The stars really aligned here, great weather, very good sound, I don't really have anything additional to complain about which is strange because I'm French and we lovesssss to complain!
- C'est tout :-)

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 24, 2022 04:33

It took me one hour and a half to walk from home to the venue, the Longchamp Racecourse which is a horse-racing field located at Bois de Boulogne in Paris.
I already saw the Stones twice at this venue on June 30th and July 1st 1995, with Bon Jovi for first performance.
In the same wood, I had also seen the Stones twice at next Racecourse, Auteuil, in June 1982, with Telephone on first performance.
Longchamp is the largest audience on this tour: 100 000 people.
The show started with a tribute to Charlie. It was a big emotion.
I had been able to meet Charlie and talk with him several times, at Ronnie Scott’s in London, Duc des Lombards, New Morning in Paris. Every time, he was very stylish and classy with a strong character. On Tuesday afternoon, August 24th 2021, I was quite devastated.
The tribute was a strong feeling moment. And afterwards, it made Charlie’s absence even heavier during the gig.
I saw the Stones on stage 47 times with Charlie. The 48th time is without Charlie. The mood cannot be the same.
Yet, Mick, Keith and Ronnie did great jobs. The gig started with a prodigious Street Fighting Man though it seemed just a little bit slower than usual.
As soon, as we heard the sound of Keith and Ronnie’s guitars, it was terrific. Sound, riff and solo were tremendous. Mick was full of energy and ran seral times along the catwalk.
It was interesting to hear 19th Nervous Breakdown, Out Of Time that they did not frequently perform on previous tours.
I think Charlie’s absence was the strongest during Midnight Rambler when Keith and Ronnie played together right in front of the drummer. Ronnie ended Midnight Rambler louder than usual.
Sasha Allen was wonderful, fantastic and full of energy. She was powerful on Gimme Shelter.
They did not play Brown Sugar !
Mick spoke French seral times. Quoi de neuf à Paris ? Je suis venu ici avec un vélo d'Hidalgo, Vous vous éclatez! etc…
Great show! Mick, Keith and Ronnie were all brilliant throughout the gig !
Nevertheless, Charlie is really missing!
Great night!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home