Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Johnny Rotten on ageing rock stars
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:18

"The only one I knock is Mick Jagger because he's rubbish" says the
always outspoken Mr Rotten in an interview with Piers Morgan talking
about ageing rock-/pop stars. Always entertaining, Mr Rotten.
The segment about Jagger is between 4:00-7:00.

Mr Rotten

Re: Johnny Rotten on ageing rock stars
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:30

Not available in my country ...that's great

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:33

Funny.

His act has always reminded me slightly of a British version of Don Rickles aka "Mr. Warmth".

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:47

I have no idea who this ridiculous guy is but that a guy like him doesn't like Mick Jagger just confirms how cool Mick Jagger is.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:51

StonedRambler
I have no idea who this ridiculous guy is but that a guy like him doesn't like Mick Jagger just confirms how cool Mick Jagger is.

hot smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2022 23:13

I haven’t bothered to click the link, but generally, I always enjoy John Lydon’s various musings on the state of the world.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 22, 2022 23:31

Who the f-ck is John Lydon?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 22, 2022 23:41

Rotten's opinion hasn't mattered for decades.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:03

Must have a tour coming up.hot smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:06

Rubbish, in an interview with Rubbish, calls someone Rubbish.

Yawn.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:08

I can't believe Piers Morgan still has a job. He had a go in the States and failed miserably.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:40

Johnny Rotten, Rotten Johnny

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:52

Love the Pistols... Johnny..... Not so much.

Date: July 23, 2022 00:55

He likes Macca though...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 23, 2022 01:01

I guess the photo says it all.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 23, 2022 01:24

It's all good ol' banter, obviously he loves Jagger and The Stones just as he loves The Who.

Always done. Anyone thinking otherwise must be suffering from a big dose of Aspbergers.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 23, 2022 03:57

Outside of his stint with the Sex Pistols his greatest claim to fame is being mentioned in a Neil Young song. Regarding him, ironically, the Stones said it best regarding him - "What a drag it is getting old".

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 23, 2022 05:08

John took his money from the Pistols & invested heavily in Southern California real estate. He did quite well. His wife is also pretty well to do also. She's got Alzheimers & he's her caregiver. There's more to him than the public facade.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 23, 2022 08:51

I dig the Pistols and I find his interviews hilarious.Just taking his comments with a pinch of salt.God save the Queen.

Date: July 23, 2022 10:36

schillid
Who the f-ck is John Lydon?

Johnny Rotten was John Lydon’s stage-name whilst a Sex Pistol. It’s still used occasionally, but in the U.K. he’s usually referred to as John Lydon.

Date: July 23, 2022 12:10

dmay
Outside of his stint with the Sex Pistols his greatest claim to fame is being mentioned in a Neil Young song. Regarding him, ironically, the Stones said it best regarding him - "What a drag it is getting old".

In America, perhaps. He had continuing success elsewhere with the next group he fronted, Public Image Ltd.

Date: July 23, 2022 13:03

I guess punk never really made it in the USA (despite The Ramones). Lydon was a portal figure for punk in England and large parts of Europe in the late seventies. He continued with PIL in the eighties and they also scored some success. And mainly - he always was a popular media figure. Never afraid of speaking out on almost anything. Not always to be taken seriously though - but sometimes you should. Maybe a bigot sometimes, but he always kept his heart in the British working class.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:51

Didn’t I read somewhere that Jagger/Stones offered to help Sid vicious when he was on drugs or it could have been something to do with a court case?

I would have loved to have seen the sex pistols and as somebody said I think Mr Rotten is having a bit of fun.

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 23, 2022 18:11

Tumlin73
Didn’t I read somewhere that Jagger/Stones offered to help Sid vicious when he was on drugs or it could have been something to do with a court case?

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 23, 2022 19:09

Like Jerry Lewis before him, John bloated from medication he was prescribed. As the clip shows, he's got his health and weight under control. John went from punk to curmudgeon. He always has something to say and what he says is hardly damning. Mick has pouty lips and isn't a proper singer. True. John also notes he isn't a proper singer and just sounds envious that Mick's success is so overwhelming, but mainly he's just doing a "Johnny Rotten" and being an old curmudgeon for entertainment. You guys react as if he talked publicly about Mick having a tiny todger or disparaged him as Brenda or talked about him suffering from LV Syndrome or called his solo album "dogsh*t" or said he's not very good alone and should be kept on a short leash. On and on. In other words, John being a grump is hardly Keith for 30 years of endless media baiting at Mick's expense.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 19:13

Disagree with Mr Lydon 100% on Mick Jagger of course but I do find him refreshing, usually amusing and very well informed.

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: July 23, 2022 23:59

he looks like rubbish!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 24, 2022 01:44

Johnny Rotten thought he and his pistols were going to be "the next Rolling Stones", so what to do? Just spit on those "old" rockers. Ah, I am currently watching and listening to those "old rockers" (Mick 35 at the time) on the Fort Worth 1978 concert on BBC 2. My goodness, Johnny hardly knew how not to pee in his pants, let alone how to perform. Rotten and his pistols were maybe punk, but the Stones were PUNK. And look at Rockman's photo ... I'm surprised he can still open his mouth, but so can a baby, no yet knowing what to say. It's tough, tough, tough to accept that there are musicians that are still great when approaching 80, while you hardly can move from your chair. Sad, sad, sad.
Ah, I now arrived in the 2015 Wiltern show. The guys are "old" but their rock 'n' roll is still heavily alive and kicking. More power than the pistols ever produced in that pittyfull smelly club. God saved the queen, because she's well over 90 now and secretly loves rock 'n' roll. Would she still remember the Sex Pistols?
Don't watch them Johnny, maybe your heart can't take it, old man. smileys with beerThat would be a shame, because even frustrated people have the right to live.

Ah, Anarchy in the UK was a poor attempt to copy Street Fighting Man, always was.
Sleep tight ...smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 24, 2022 03:44

Piers Morgan and John Lydon.
Can it get more obnoxious?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home