Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New album by Jack White
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:14

Listening to the new Jack White I find it sometimes sounds like the Rolling Stones from the 70ies or even 60ies, a little Fleedwood Mac too. (Esp. "A Tip From You To Me") Jacks voice even sounds like Micks sometimes.
I like the sound and the compositions. It is not a rock album, more singer songwriter in a tradition of Dylan or even the Beatles.

Re: OT: New album by Jack White
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2022 22:15

schwonek
Listening to the new Jack White I find it sometimes sounds like the Rolling Stones from the 70ies or even 60ies, a little Fleedwood Mac too. (Esp. "A Tip From You To Me") Jacks voice even sounds like Micks sometimes.
I like the sound and the compositions. It is not a rock album, more singer songwriter in a tradition of Dylan or even the Beatles.

Wow, you've sold me and I haven't even listened to it. I appreciate Jack White and don't understand some of the animosity he gets.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 23, 2022 09:10

Great album!!!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 23, 2022 15:08

Thanks for the heads up - missed this yesterday, just added on Spotify. I’m a big fan of jack and most stuff he does - this is the album I’ve been waiting for, I thought ‘taking me back (gently)’ was one of the best new songs I heard last year - better than the electric version- and I ordinarily prefer a bit of noise. Maybe I’m getting old

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 23, 2022 17:58

Great album. I loved the last one too, but this one has a different feel. No loud rocking moments, but that’s not to say there’s anything wrong with that. Spectacular effort by Jack. Interesting music by an elite songwriter. Up there with his best post-White Stripes stuff for sure. Well worth a listen. After only one listen, it’s a solid 4 star album.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 23, 2022 21:38

Gotta admire the guy-- does things on his own terms and does it all well. I always make it a point to stop by Third Man Records in Nashville when I am there --he also has a cool bar called the Blue Room where they hold shows -- a few nights a week its turned into a kind of speakeasy. Lot of fun ! Have not heard the new album but based on the previous posts, certainly will !

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 22:08

schwonek

Yep, I have the same feeling with this song.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 23, 2022 22:25

Jack played live in Paris this week, including 6 songs from the new album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 22:25 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 23, 2022 23:13

Love this album, great counterpoint to his earlier album this year which was hard rock. Nice jazzy feel to several of the songs on this one.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 24, 2022 00:06

I was lucky to see the White Stripes in 2005, and the Raconteurs in 2006. He is one of the few 'modern' rock and rollers I would pay to go see. An incredible talent with true love for the music. Sure, he's a little Zeppelin reminiscent at times, but so what? The Stones are Chuck Berry reminiscent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home