Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Idea for videos
Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:38

I was wondering if there is anyone with the skill, time and patience who could string to together a video of say satisfaction that starts with the stones from playing the song in 1965 and as the song progresses various clips of the stones playing satisfaction are faded in and out showing the boys age and members change over time. I think it would be a really sweet way to salute 60 years.

Edit: Time is on my side would be ideal but there are not going to be a lot of videos of that song....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 03:44 by Rot10Crotch.

Re: Idea for videos
Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:21

I don't have those skills, but I too would love to see something like this!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 15:24

Would love to see this too! What a great idea!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 15:40

I actually did this 15 years ago for a school project with satisfaction. It started with the Shindig version and ended with Austin. In between were NY 69, Tempe 81, At The Max and St. Louis 98. It was fun but it is burried somewhere or maybe even lost. Smooth Transitions between Videos so that it sounds like one Song.

Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: July 21, 2022 17:54

hockenheim95
I actually did this 15 years ago for a school project with satisfaction. It started with the Shindig version and ended with Austin. In between were NY 69, Tempe 81, At The Max and St. Louis 98. It was fun but it is burried somewhere or maybe even lost. Smooth Transitions between Videos so that it sounds like one Song.

a couple of questions:

1) I don't suppose you remember what you used to create the video?

2) you say the audio transition was smooth but how was the transition between the videos could you blend them together and fade out?

3) Did you use the audio and video from each show or one audio track and just deal with the videos?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2022 18:15

Such a clip can be made with every modern Video-Editing-Software - there're a lot on the market, also for free. It's the best to blend the Videos together as transition. It's also no problem for the Video-Editing-Software to fade the clips in & out during the editing.

The part with the most effort is probably to select the appropriate source-material (format/resolution). If you really wanna have such a Video 1965-2022 then you could collect some YouTube-Videos which fit together and select the appropriate scenes. The download & editing of the Videos is then the lesser problem.

It's probably more authentic if you use the live Audio & Video from each era - and not just one track (e.g. studio-version) with some moving pictures ('slide-show').

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Slop ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:13

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and saw this suggestion come up the other day. Here's my crack at it. Hope you guys like it.

[vimeo.com]

Thanks to Matt Lee for the Lyon clip.

Cheers

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:28

Slop
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and saw this suggestion come up the other day. Here's my crack at it. Hope you guys like it.

[vimeo.com]

Cheers

Well done, nice job!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:45

Slop

[vimeo.com]

Not bad - it goes definitely in the right direction. But it could have some more 'flow' / 'continuation' - some transitions are ok (e.g. 1981->1990), some other transitions are a bit abrupt. An intro would also not bad, e.g. Matt Cliffords announcement 'Ladies & Gentlemen .... The Rolling Stones' along with some RS graphic elements fading in/out and a short text (e.g. Satisfaction 1965-2022). The outro repeating 1965-2022 could also be done in a more creative way e.g. as split-screen for more 'flow' / 'continuation' (instead of suddenly jumping back to 1965).

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:51

cool! something uneven in the audio/video quality (1998, copacabana and of course Lyon which is a private unofficial video of great Matt) but apart from from that is perfect

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 13:52

Slop
Hi Everyone,

[vimeo.com]

Cheers

Nice work indeed! I enjoyed that - thanks for putting it together!

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 23, 2022 15:00

Great work thanks a lot.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2022 16:08

matxil
Slop
Hi Everyone,

[vimeo.com]

Cheers

Well done, nice job!

I concur, this was very nicely executed!

Posted by: Nosnibourbos ()
Date: July 23, 2022 16:49

Like it very much!

Date: July 23, 2022 17:30

Nicely done, Slop - very cool first post!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 23, 2022 21:33

Slop
Hi Everyone,

[vimeo.com]

Cheers

Nicely done slop thumbs down thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2022 21:38

Wasn’t that more or less done at the end of Crossfire Hurricane?

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home