Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Lyon France 19-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 10:18

syrel
gotdablouse

It was hard not to get a bit emotional at times, especially when they came out, HTF can these guys still be there and deliver like that?

Amen to that

thumbs up

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 10:26

GivenToFly15
syrel
gotdablouse

It was hard not to get a bit emotional at times, especially when they came out, HTF can these guys still be there and deliver like that?

Amen to that

thumbs up

My dad’s 5th show of the tour and he came out with tears in his eyes.
Such a big effort from everyone - memorable smiling smiley

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:09

silkcut1978_
rollingloc
After a disapointing Vienna... a fantastic show in Lyon!

Are you sure you were there in Vienna? Been to their shows since 1976 all around the globe but Vienna 2022 was the best ever show for me.
But maybe it depends on what you're focusing. I don't care for bad solos and errors as we talk about the Stones. But the show and the vibe was pure magic in Wien. Sorry you couldn't enjoy.
Was there too in Vienna and it was good but the " weakest" i've seen this year. sound was si great but a kind of routine show and Ronnie was ill

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:11

Loving Keith this tour (this mini-tour)?
Playing with grit, vigour and class.
And enjoying himself

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 11:21 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:28

AntoineParis
silkcut1978_
rollingloc

Are you sure you were there in Vienna? Been to their shows since 1976 all around the globe but Vienna 2022 was the best ever show for me.
But maybe it depends on what you're focusing. I don't care for bad solos and errors as we talk about the Stones. But the show and the vibe was pure magic in Wien. Sorry you couldn't enjoy.
Was there too in Vienna and it was good but the " weakest" i've seen this year. sound was si great but a kind of routine show and Ronnie was ill

Totally different impression from both most of the fans and press (see also reports on iorr). Seen 20 shows or so over the last 20 years and Vienna was great…

Posted by: kennywilson58 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:54

Vienna was my best ever Stones show for sound and atmosphere only been at 19 shows since 10th may 1976 in glasgow having travelled from Scotland just for this Rolling Stones Show the whole experience was awesome met loads of lovely diehard fans from all over the world mostly europe friendly people never ever forget Vienna the band were on fire and goin for it in my mind Cheers IORR

Posted by: UGK56 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:00

While the Rolling Stones expressed their sympathy for the Ukraine through the Ukrainian choir at their concert in Vienna, Ronnie Wood - true to the Hard Rock Cafe motto "Love All - Serve All" - shows his solidarity with Russia, since he drew the Russian flag on his Lyon setlist. Or does someone here really believe that he has confused the Russian with the French flag?
(This question, as well as the entire post, is of course more of a joke! - please do not get this wrong)

Date: July 20, 2022 12:00

I wasn't at the show but it sounds like a supreme effort from the band given the circumstances. They continue to amaze. No Gimme Shelter?........more like Gimme Air Conditioning....!

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:02

mattleeuk
11 songs up on my YouTube Channel… enjoy

Mattleeuk

Thank you. Your videos are fantastic Matt and I look forward to them after every show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 12:08 by Gram.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:39

Please post some more photos of the band! smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:46

Colors reversal of the French flag on Ronnie setlist, result, Russian flag.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:55

UGK56

Or does someone here really believe that he has confused the Russian with the French flag?

Yes - it must definitely have been the heatwave (peak over 38°C in Lyon).

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:58

great observation by Alwyn Welch:

"Only Keith seemed to me to be immune to the heat – but then he loves the Caribbean, and is playing like a man possessed in the last few gigs – he probably just switched off his body’s heat sensors. "

Date: July 20, 2022 13:05

It's becoming a bit exhausting to see this. Like a contractual requirement he's got to fulfill to be allowed onstage with the cool guys

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 13:06

Nikkei

"Only Keith seemed to me to be immune to the heat – but then he loves the Caribbean, and is playing like a man possessed in the last few gigs – he probably just switched off his body’s heat sensors. "

True! Keith is playing great. I noticed this during the shows I attended in the U.S. last year, he was so engaged!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 20, 2022 13:27

AntoineParis
silkcut1978_
rollingloc

Was there too in Vienna and it was good but the " weakest" i've seen this year. sound was so high and clean but a kind of routine show and Ronnie was ill

Lyon France 19-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2022 13:32

Date: July 20, 2022 13:34

Nikkei

Agreed - Alwyn has a knack for such spot on comments!

Date: July 20, 2022 13:43

JEFF PACHOUD AFP

Date: July 20, 2022 13:43

JEFF PACHOUD AFP

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 20, 2022 13:51

Nikkei
It's becoming a bit exhausting to see this. Like a contractual requirement he's got to fulfill to be allowed onstage with the cool guys

It looked cheesy the first time I saw him do it. Now he's still doing it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 14:04

Great show, much enjoyed from Pit B. The band did very well to perform as they did in such trying conditions. I thought Keith was very good though I was worried about how much longer than usual he took to return after the start of Miss You. I noticed Mick and Keith having a chat after JJF, when they presumably made the decision not to play GS.

Kudos to the organisers, who I thought did an excellent job with copious amounts of water handed out for free. I still saw a good few people being taken out in various states of distress.

The Groupama stadium is only 6 years old and infrastructure is well thought out. It has its own tram stop and a succession of trams took huge numbers of people to the nearest Metro station in short order and I was back at my hotel around 1.30.

Date: July 20, 2022 14:04

Father Ted
Nikkei

It looked cheesy the first time I saw him do it. Now he's still doing it.

To be fair when you look at the St.Louis 1997 PPV you can see how Keith sort of initiates it

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 20, 2022 14:11

Always thought Chuck's solo on HTW was unnecessary anyway. Just one of those songs where you wish you could mute his keyboard.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 20, 2022 14:35

EasterMan
Always thought Chuck's solo on HTW was unnecessary anyway. Just one of those songs where you wish you could mute his keyboard.

Agreed there's no piano solo on the record.

Same with JJF they used to do a long sax section live, and now there's no sax on the song at all. They could similarly drop the HTW piano solo

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: July 20, 2022 14:39

Topi
So they didn't play Gimme Shelter. Let's see any of us put our socks on at 80!

A>grinning smiley<

Date: July 20, 2022 14:49

bengigan
EasterMan

Agreed there's no piano solo on the record.

Same with JJF they used to do a long sax section live, and now there's no sax on the song at all. They could similarly drop the HTW piano solo

Well since this song is the Honky Tonk version of another song some additional Honky Tonk when it's played live does have a point

Is Keith Richards just a backup singer now ?
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:18

hot smileyi expect Keith stays home with grand children.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 15:41 by 5strings.

Re: Is Keith Richards just a backup singer now ?
Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:33

you expect Keith play like in 1971, really? get real Keith playing great since the no filter tour.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 20, 2022 15:48

LOL. The only time I ever saw a Stones show shortened for weather was Chicago '06 when the temperature was in the range of 7 degrees Celsius and Mick complained he "couldn't feel his feet."

Opening night in DC in '94 was likewise brutally hot with a healthy dose of humidity added to the mix. They played 27 songs however.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home