Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Lyon France 19-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:17

Thanks for being an amazing audience tonight in Lyon @groupamastadium we know it was a hot one.. but we loved every minute of it, hope you did too!

[www.instagram.com]

Re: Lyon France 19-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:20

My good guess is that they considered dropping Gimme Shelter when they moved it back to the first encore song in the setlist, making it open-ended and optional whether they would play it or not, depending on how they felt towards the end of the show. No wonder they consumed energy under the grueling heat.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:34

Green Lady
All through the show I had the impression that they had slowed the tempos down: I know dodgy stream connections can also sound like that, but maybe they did, and that left no time for GS?

Seems that way, and as was speculated now down to 18 songs...guess the HEAT really took it's toll.
But of all songs to not play during this abbreviated set, why Gimme Shelter which is one of their absolute greatest tunes of all time?
A bit disappointing for all the fans who were there and had to suffer through the heat who were hoping to hear the masterpiece.
Betting they can bounce back full force ahead for the massive Paris show this coming saturday ...fingers crossed.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:40

I was in PIT A. Ronnie looked great, and I have the pictures to prove it!

Date: July 20, 2022 01:50

toorude
A Show without Gimme Shelter is no Stones Show.Disappointing end for this tour to me.

I feel your pain, but on the bright side at least they played Happy and Midnight Rambler, along with many other classics...
Maybe they could have shortened Miss You instead which is annoyingly lengthy (or not play it at all), and nobody would have noticed.
Love that tune studio and live, but it's a bit monotonous with the bass solo, and the sing-along, etc., and goes on far too long these days.
Cut out all the unnecessary crap from Miss You, and they might have had enough energy and motivation left to play Gimme Shelter.
Hoping everyone in the band is feeling alright---seems a bit extreme to cut a song completely, but it was extremely hot so understandable I guess...

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:03

Gimme shelter No.
I think trouble for incoming to late.
Mick sayd some words to Keith before Satisfaction and keith says yes with your head
Sici

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:09

Lyon pictures and a report published now:

The Rolling Stones
Groupama Stadium
Lyon France
Tuesday July 19, 2022

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:15

Yeah Ronnie didn't look particularly exhausted, I did find Mick looked rather "red" at the end, still full of energy mind you!

It was a good show, as good as Marseille 2018 I'd say and they're so much more relaxed than when they resumed operations in 2012! Keith is the best I've seen him since, hum...2002? Ronnie was off to a rough start as he messed up his first lines in SFM...for the most part his playing was ok fortunately. I'll never be a fan of his clowning that IMHO desacrates this great music to some extent but I suppose M&K are comfortable with that...

I love GS, best rock song ever to these ears, but I really can't stand Sasha's screaming/yodeling so I can't say I missed it.

The heat was brutal as expected and several people fainted in Pit A where it wasn't that tight so chances are there were more problems in GC and GA...At times the air was barely breathable and I'm 6'3 so lower down it must have been really tough. It didn't help that some people can't help themselves and smoke cigs or pot and it makes it worse for everyone. At times there was some welcome wind that cleared the air.

It was hard not to get a bit emotional at times, especially when they came out, HTF can these guys still be there and deliver like that? I suppose it's a win-win for us and them but still, hats off and thanks for making us feel like we were the first time we saw you.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:23

The highlight of evening for me was You Got The Silver.. and surprisingly Ghost Town really drew me in as well, surprising cuz it’s not a favorite of mine but I really dug it tonight

Too hot, too much cigarette smoke, people passing out around me and being carried off, smart to end the show when they did in my opinion.

But I saw many happy faces.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:33

Hats off to alreadyoverme..... great photos !

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:42

11 songs up on my YouTube Channel… enjoy

Mattleeuk

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:43

smileys with beer

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:46

Just back to my Lyon hotel (a total ordeal, but I’ll save the details). I thought it was a GREAT show - even without GS. My Lucky Dips got me up in the boonies of 421, across from stage and up high, but could see screens fine. And they were LOUD. Like really loud, but sounded great! Out of Time - a 1st for me - loved it as did the whole crowd , and then DEad Flowers, and then f’in Angie! OMG. (Both 1sts for this tour I think?). Ghost Town was also really cool tonight. They were awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 02:48 by DEmerson.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 20, 2022 02:51

Good show specialy part II. Because of the heat it was sometimes a bit "lazy" guitar but it's normal. Munich and Brussels still the best shows i Seen this year... Can't wait for Paris!!!

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: July 20, 2022 04:01

After a disapointing Vienna... a fantastic show in Lyon!
Keith did good real solos on sympathy and satisfaction ! He was concentrated, not raising his hands every 3 seconds!
Ronnie was inspired too! Great on dead flowers angie ycagwyw MR and keith songs!
Mick was so powerful!!!singing, playing guitar and harmonica ! He was everywhere ! He looked so happy !
And the audience was so hot! We've been singing with fans from Montréal all concert long!
Fantastic evening ! I miss Brown sugar!
What a band!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 20, 2022 04:23

i'm just throwing it out there is it possible that after they went back after jjf

that they where advised to end the show early because of people in the audience being overcome by the heat?

Date: July 20, 2022 04:42

Evidently Mick was struggling a bit.

According to Bjornulf, before Start Me Up Mick signaled to Bernard for vocal assistance, and from then on Bernard did a lot of backup vocal overlapping. > (Lyon)
Some great pics from Bjornulf as always, but in the last one Mick does look a bit exhausted. Looking forward to more pics, reviews, etc. from those who were there.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 06:30

Mick noted this was the hottest show they’d ever played in France.
Stadium sound was superb - up there with Madrid for loudness and clarity - and well done to the staff spraying water bottles over the crowd.
HTW was mean
ghost Town - Mick really loved how Lyon joined in.
French crowd loved Angie
The only ‘curtailed’ vocals were in JJF imo - not a huge impact. Can understand Mick doing a quick #riskassessment ahead of the encore.
To perform that well in 100 degree heat - the most professional band in the world

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 06:31 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 20, 2022 07:10

I can't imagine how they managed to perform in that heat. Extreme temperatures really take an increasing toll as you age. I'm in London, 20 years younger and struggling to do my largely sedentary job in 40 degree temps. Kudos to them and especially Mick, who bears the brunt of the physical hard lifting, but I hope they are sensible about the strains on their bodies.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 20, 2022 07:33

Poor Mick. A true pro all the way. Hope they rest up and the next show is a little easier on them all.

On the other hand, Keith must love the heat. Must remind him of Jamaica.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 08:32

When they went backstage before the encore, Mick said something to Keith that seemed to surprise him a bit (it seems Keith asked Mick to repeat it). My guess is that Mick said they were dropping Gimme Shelter.

Keith was LOUD!

Date: July 20, 2022 08:42

Mick in trouble (desert trip like) or should be fine for paris?

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:09

Great hot show! Mick, Keith and Ronnie have survived with 100°F!
I shall be at Longchamp on Saturday.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:11

rollingloc
After a disapointing Vienna... a fantastic show in Lyon!

Are you sure you were there in Vienna? Been to their shows since 1976 all around the globe but Vienna 2022 was the best ever show for me.
But maybe it depends on what you're focusing. I don't care for bad solos and errors as we talk about the Stones. But the show and the vibe was pure magic in Wien. Sorry you couldn't enjoy.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:16

So they didn't play Gimme Shelter. Let's see any of us put our socks on at 80!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:19

silkcut1978_

But maybe it depends on what you're focusing. I don't care for bad solos and errors as we talk about the Stones.

Totally right. I can't remember a Stones show in my life that had little no fck-ups and quirks. If the energy and overall vibe is just right it doesn't matter. Perfection is just not what a rock n roll show is about. If you wanna see perfection, go and see a Roger Waters show or anything else that is strictly planned and rehearsed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 09:19 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:27

I don't know how you do it alreadyoverme, but thanks for the photos and the links, thanks to you we see the shows almost live!! smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:57

I set my tuner to French radio RTL and I heard not only a raving review of the gig thumbs up but also tiny bits of the whole show from a pretty good audience source.

My guess is the journo who covered the event also got the permission to tape the whole concert (not just the first 3 numbers).

What will RTL do with the tape? A special "Stones event" broadcasted later this year?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:58

BFM lyon video :

[www.bfmtv.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 20, 2022 10:04

gotdablouse

It was hard not to get a bit emotional at times, especially when they came out, HTF can these guys still be there and deliver like that?

Amen to that

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home