Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Chance of Live CD/DVD for 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 19, 2022 10:19

No disrespect to Charlie, but imo only a live release with Steve makes sense as the years since "50 and counting" have been covered extensively by official releases and broadcast material, not to speak of unofficial soundboard-like IEM recordings and some excellent audience tapes. For "No Filter"-fans there's even the "Honk" bonus disc that counts like an official live album. Enough is enough!

With Steve, this year they sound re-energized and all in all more focused again, so, yes, I'd like an official soundboard recording from this 60th Anniversary Tour (and not from last year please, because they weren't as tight and sometimes still trying to find their groove with Steve - or vice versa) to cover this new chapter in their seemingly never-ending live career.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 10:21 by retired_dog.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 19, 2022 12:27

At least with Out if time and 19th nervous breakdown we'd have some songs that haven't already been released in hundreds of similar versions.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 12:42

No offense to Steve Jordan, but I'm not interested in any new Rolling Stones recordings that don't feature Mr. Watts.

I'd love more highlights and/or rarities from the No Filter tour (with Charlie Watts only)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 13:03 by 1962.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 12:48

The problem with the new tour is not only that Charlie is not playing the drums, but that Mr. Wood is also visibly underperforming, possibly due to his health. I know, of course, that the Rolling Stones do well in spite of this, people are satisfied with the concerts, but the recording is different, that's where the weaknesses would come out.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 19, 2022 12:53

The problem with the new tour is not only that Charlie is not playing the drums, but that Mr. Wood is also visibly underperforming, possibly due to his health. I know, of course, that the Rolling Stones do well in spite of this, people are satisfied with the concerts, but the recording is different, that's where the weaknesses would come out.
Since Keith is performing so well at the moment and he is the driving force behind the Stones sound, it shouldn't be a problem if Ronnie plays a bit less. It was the opposite for many years, with Ronnie covering for Keith.
Shine a light for example is a lot weeker guitar wise for both sides than anything you would get these days.
Also the Stones were never ashamed of using overdubs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 12:55 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 19, 2022 12:57

If there are hidden gems among the live recordings of the last, say, five years that feature Charlie Watts, I´m ready to pay for it.
That said, I fully accept Steve Jordan being the drummer for the Rolling Stones since his first gig with them. I enjoy this tour a lot, I am happy to see them again on tour and they shine like diamonds. Ok, Ronnie seems to have seen happier days, but who knows what´s on his mind...
Great songs, great versions, fantastic moments. It´s not the same as it was with CW - but it´s more than ok for me. I like it. And a few of the most recent shows had moments that should be made available to all concerning fans.
So, I´m ready for that double lp. Disc one feat. Charlie Watts, disc two with Steve Jordan.

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 13:11

Personally I would like a Steve Jordan live album. There will be plenty of Charlie shows in the vaults and we will get them in time.
A live album with Steve would be a good way of documenting this particular iteration of The Stones.
A Steve album of just the rarities from the Sixty Tour would be a good idea.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 19, 2022 13:12

I'd buy it.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 13:15

Papo
Has there been a camera crane at any of the shows recently? Didn't notice one. Expected them to record Hyde Park again, but there were no extra cameras.

Do you think that the cameras there are in use at every show provide enough good material to release every concert they want to from this tour?

I'm not sure if camera cranes are needed any more? I noticed they were using a drone at Hyde Park which probably replaces much of the camera crane's capabilities.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 13:24

sjs12
Papo
Has there been a camera crane at any of the shows recently? Didn't notice one. Expected them to record Hyde Park again, but there were no extra cameras.

Do you think that the cameras there are in use at every show provide enough good material to release every concert they want to from this tour?

I'm not sure if camera cranes are needed any more? I noticed they were using a drone at Hyde Park which probably replaces much of the camera crane's capabilities.

A drone replaces shootings out of helicopters that have been done in the past (Rio for example). Cranes are much lower and fly above the audience. Total different angles.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2022 14:51

What about a mini-drone?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 19, 2022 15:18

there has been a mini-drone flying at Brussels

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 15:24

Topi
What about a mini-drone?

doing mini-shots of the mini-tour?

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 19, 2022 15:26

Whatever they'll release: I'm in!

>grinning smiley<Re: Chance of Live CD/DVD for 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 19, 2022 16:21

hockenheim95
Topi
What about a mini-drone?

Hahaha!! I love this kind of humor!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:05

Well, the tour to celebrate 60 years is this very one.
A new live album to celebrate it i suppose must be based on this tour
We all miss Charlie. But he is not here with us for this celebration.
Other project could include best live en performances from Charlie during these last ten years. A different project

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:09

Mabru
I also hope they release something from this tour. an album with the one offs and songs like I wanna be your man, Sad Sad sad, Let’s spend the night, Bitch, LARS, CYHMK, 19th nervous breakdown, out of time, sweet Virginia and what for me also was a highlight Ghost town and maybe the Vienna version of YCAGWYW with choir.

No Security pt. 2

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:45

hockenheim95
Topi
What about a mini-drone?

"snack sized tour"winking smiley

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:48

I would say. Brussels Affair "Again".

Best show so far.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 19, 2022 18:55

That is my bet. The new brussels affair
With some other great performances from this tour.......bitch, etc

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 19, 2022 21:10

Shirley you jest.
Still hoping for a bleedin
New album

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2022 21:24

No offense to Steve Jordan, but I'm not interested in any new Rolling Stones recordings that don't feature Mr. Watts.
I'd love more highlights and/or rarities from the No Filter tour (with Charlie Watts only)

thumbs up

The problem with the new tour is not only that Charlie is not playing the drums, but that Mr. Wood is also visibly underperforming, possibly due to his health. I know, of course, that the Rolling Stones do well in spite of this,
people are satisfied with the concerts, but the recording is different, that's where the weaknesses would come out.

This is true.

Re: >grinning smiley<Re: Chance of Live CD/DVD for 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2022 21:31

GJV
hockenheim95
Topi
What about a mini-drone?

Hahaha!! I love this kind of humor!

Maybe the release will be on MiniDisc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2022 22:19

Fillmore
If there are hidden gems among the live recordings of the last, say, five years that feature Charlie Watts, I´m ready to pay for it.

There are many gems that feature Charlie, and they're not even hidden - in 2019 they were still doing the great mini-sets out on the B-stage.

Tunes such as: Play With Fire, Sweet Virginia, Let it Bleed, Dead Flowers

And then there are the tunes on the main stage where Charlie's unique drumming can never be replicated and/or improved upon.

Tunes such as: Midnight Rambler, Get Off of My Cloud, and Paint it, Black - to name just a few.

And aside from Charlies great contributions, there's the fact they were still playing tunes that they no longer do.

Tunes such as: Brown Sugar and Ride 'Em on Down.

They could add a few more warhorses to please the general public, and it would be a fantastic release!

While these current shows are interesting and have several highlights (as does 2021), the shows prior were truly the real deal while Charlie was still alive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 22:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: edsaid ()
Date: July 19, 2022 22:27

Would be nice to have the version of 'Have Mercy' from the DC show

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 19, 2022 22:31

Well, there are also apparent weaknesses in lots of No Filter-shows that don't seem to disturb you despite some of them were the same as nowadays (Ronnie's soloing for example), but have you ever listened to Falo's Brussels recording that is a fantastic audio document and reflects perfectly what I heard at the show? Please point out any weaknesses there and if you find some, that haven't already occured during No Filter!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 19, 2022 23:35

edsaid
Would be nice to have the version of 'Have Mercy' from the DC show

I have a crappy version on my phone from row 6, Keith’s side.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2022 01:58

Don't need anything live after Wyman split. Already got No Security and I've seen Sticky Fingers at the Fonda. There is nothing else after 1990 that interests me.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:09

bertrichards
Whatever they'll release: I'm in!
Me too!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:11

Bring it on .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home