Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Chance of Live CD/DVD for 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:08

What's the consensus? I'm kind of tired of live albums of recent tours as their sound hasn't changed much in decades. But would be nice for a live version of, 'Out Of Time' if nothing else...

Steve

Re: Chance of Live CD/DVD for 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:17

sbetz
What's the consensus? I'm kind of tired of live albums of recent tours as their sound hasn't changed much in decades. But would be nice for a live version of, 'Out Of Time' if nothing else...

Steve

I'd prefer one with Charlie from No Filter Tour. Don't need to hear stuff with Steve on CD... But that was a complete change in sound!

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:23

A RSD vinyl single of Out Of Time would be enough.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:23

How about just a vinyl 10" release of Out of Time, the two best versions from the show? I'm up for that.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:28

If so then it must be Waldbühne, because the current stage looks so cheap. Luckily it won't fit into Waldbühne.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 18, 2022 19:24

How many shows since 2017 have been professionally recorded for a possible video release?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 18, 2022 19:31

Stoneswolf
If so then it must be Waldbühne, because the current stage looks so cheap. Luckily it won't fit into Waldbühne.
Ha! Then they'll show the animated fake screens again they had in Hyde Park.

Date: July 18, 2022 19:33

franzk
How many shows since 2017 have been professionally recorded for a possible video release?
Zero, although the Hollywood FL show had some good camera work that you could possible use.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 18, 2022 19:36

They should, I want to add Out of Time live to my Spotify playlist

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 18, 2022 19:41

Has there been a camera crane at any of the shows recently? Didn't notice one. Expected them to record Hyde Park again, but there were no extra cameras.

Do you think that the cameras there are in use at every show provide enough good material to release every concert they want to from this tour?

For me, it doesn't have to be too fancy regarding camera work, I'd love to have some live recordings from this tour as I think there have been a lot of great performances.

An official release of a set from 2022 containing SFM, 19th, Bitch, OoT, Burden, Rainbow plus a few other rare ones plus a few warhorses would be fine, I think.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 18, 2022 19:51

why should they release a live CD/DVD with Steve Jordan on drums? They should rather go for some NoFilter show from 2017/18

Date: July 18, 2022 19:52

Well they released cd/dvd's with Darryl Jones on bass

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 18, 2022 20:26

I’d like a Charlie tribute live album. Steve is different, but also doing CW justice. I like him, but everything they do since 24th August 2021 is in tribute to CW, and it is well deserved.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 18, 2022 20:40

slewan
why should they release a live CD/DVD with Steve Jordan on drums? They should rather go for some NoFilter show from 2017/18
Because it's their 60th Anniversary shows.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 18, 2022 20:41

Generally, I’d say ‘no’ However, it’s the Stones’ 60th, and the Hyde Park shows’ are mightily special thumbs up

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 18, 2022 20:42

They use film everything as it meant they could go after bootleggers by saying they had the same recording and a bootleg would damage the commercial potential of that show.
They probably still have the stuff you see on screens during the shows on various memory cards.
I would expect a CD/DVD from these shows but if they don't they don't.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 18, 2022 21:42

For the 60th anniversary better they release something special like they did with El Mocambo.
They at least could release the complete Wiltern, or the Light the Fuse Phoenix recording, or older stuff like the still never released '72 live album, or Paris 76 to name a few.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:00

Papo
Has there been a camera crane at any of the shows recently? Didn't notice one. Expected them to record Hyde Park again, but there were no extra cameras.

Do you think that the cameras there are in use at every show provide enough good material to release every concert they want to from this tour?

For me, it doesn't have to be too fancy regarding camera work, I'd love to have some live recordings from this tour as I think there have been a lot of great performances.

An official release of a set from 2022 containing SFM, 19th, Bitch, OoT, Burden, Rainbow plus a few other rare ones plus a few warhorses would be fine, I think.

Not as a major release. For all 4 releases they did since 2012 (Hyde Park, Fonda, Olé and Havana) they used Paul Dugdale and a real big film crew. With their current camera system they have brillant close ups but no real footage from the venue, the crowd and the stage. They released footage that was Shot for the screens on Bridges To Buenos Aires and Live in Leeds 82 and you see that the footage is very boring and one-dimensional. Maybe they'll release Miami 19 in ten years as a vault release but they need a good production to meet their Standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 22:04 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:03

With 15 shows they could do a 60th anniversary live album with 1 song from each show. That’d be pretty special.

By the way I heard talks about a RAH show some months ago. Did it ever get further?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:11

No Filter ...anything from 2017- 2019.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:15

I also hope they release something from this tour. an album with the one offs and songs like I wanna be your man, Sad Sad sad, Let’s spend the night, Bitch, LARS, CYHMK, 19th nervous breakdown, out of time, sweet Virginia and what for me also was a highlight Ghost town and maybe the Vienna version of YCAGWYW with choir.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:52

at least a second bonus live disc for honk! covering 2021 and 2022 with the rarities and 19thnb, ghost town and troubles a comin'

that be nice

also release the audio for miami 2019

it was charlie's last real performance with them and it was a pretty good performance as well

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 18, 2022 23:20

Nooo, not another version of Honk, don't give Mick that kind of ideas.smiling smiley
The only reason I bought Honk was for the bonus live disc in the first place.

Date: July 19, 2022 00:29

hockenheim95
Maybe they'll release Miami 19 in ten years as a vault release but they need a good production to meet their Standards.
If they had any standards concerning good production they would not let Sam Wheat mix their stuff.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 19, 2022 00:36

CD/DVD lol

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 02:01

I’d love a No Filter live compilation album.

Date: July 19, 2022 02:03

Matt1984
I’d love a No Filter live compilation album.

Wouldn't that be Honk cd3?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 19, 2022 08:17

Paris III from 2017 should be released. Sympathy as an opener and the band on fire throughout. Best show since 2014.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 19, 2022 08:48

The Bonus live tracks on Honk are not very strong I think.
To my ears, everything they play on this tour is better.

Date: July 19, 2022 09:42

MadMax
Paris III from 2017 should be released. Sympathy as an opener and the band on fire throughout. Best show since 2014.
Best show since 2014? Paris 2017 being better than Fonda 2015? Absurd.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home