Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question to Europe-based diehard fans who follow the whole tour
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 17, 2022 19:48

There are some here...

Question : do you go back home after every show (more flights), or do you stay on the road (more hotels)?

Re: Question to Europe-based diehard fans who follow the whole tour
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 20:35

So far:

LIVERPOOL: Return flight NL - UK and hotel
LONDON: NL - UK by car (with relatives), UK -NL by plane (staying with relatives)
AMSTERDAM: To: public transport. From: by car (no hotel). From the Arena to the car location: 40 minutes solid walk (public transport was madness ...)

How about you? cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: July 17, 2022 21:03

Paris-based for the summer. Going to Madrid and Berlin.

Will enjoy both cities (five days in Berlin, 500 meters frome the lake Havel)

Madrid: one way flight Paris-Madrid, then one way flight Alicante-Paris

Berlin : train from Paris to Knokke in Belgium, relax on the North See, then train from Brussels to Berlin, finally one way flight Berlin-Paris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 21:15 by The Joker.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 17, 2022 21:37

Not the whole tour but four gigs. I'm based in Kiel, Germany.
Munich: Train
Paris: Train
Gelsenkirchen: Car
Berlin: Train

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:02

I living in Bielefeld (right, the non-existing middle of nowhere)

1. Munich (and back) by train (2 days stay)
2. Liverpool – flight from Amsterdam (where I happened to be at that time) and back home from Schipol by train on the next morning (without sleep)
3. Amsterdam by train and back in the very early next morning (without sleep)
4. Brussels by train (spent three days there)

5. Paris by train (five days), then on to
6. Gelsenkirchen – midnight train back to Bielefeld
7. Berlin by train (1,5 days in Berlin)

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:18

What is it with Bielefeld everyone makes a point of saying it don't exist nobody ever mentions that it's right borderline middle of Teutoburger Wald

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 18, 2022 01:06

It's simply not there. Follow the route to Bielefeld, if you use the motorway/ Autobahn A2 and take the exit to Bielefeld - you won't find a town there because there is none.
May some single houses, maybe the odd barn, but certainly not town or city.
When German people say they are from Bielefeld it's because they don't want to reveal their real hometown.
It's as simple as that, just a joke that has been going on for a few decades now.
There is no Bielefeld. It's something like the Alan Smithee of cities.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 18, 2022 01:49

I thought I visited Germany once for a conference, in Bielefeld, at a university.
I remembered there seemed to be nothing else around. Is the school still there? They had excellent coffee in their
cafeteria.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 01:49 by angee.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 18, 2022 07:41

Nikkei
What is it with Bielefeld everyone makes a point of saying it don't exist nobody ever mentions that it's right borderline middle of Teutoburger Wald

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 18, 2022 09:51

The real reason why the Stones only play shows every four days is to give some of us time to travel from city to city and do the laundry in between;-)

I have followed every show this tour but only seen two in person (HP2/ Bruxelles, Amsterdam got cancelled and then I had to cancel the rescheduled show).

In June I went to Amsterdam by train on showday, hotel, and then back next morning by train.

London by train, too - the Eurostar is the best way to get to London for me - but arrived the day before showday and left the morning after the concert.

To Bruxelles we took the car, as it was cheaper and more suitable and me and a friend where going there together, whereas Amsterdam (June 13th) and London it did on my own.

All hotels and even the train to London were booked before the official tour announcement and before I even had tickets. For Amsterdam, Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen I bought Lucky Dips, otherwise I would have been just one show for me.

I would have loved to follow this tour completely, but I wouldn't know how to afford that.

Date: July 18, 2022 13:09

Papo
The real reason why the Stones only play shows every four days is to give some of us time to travel from city to city and do the laundry in between;-)

I have followed every show this tour but only seen two in person (HP2/ Bruxelles, Amsterdam got cancelled and then I had to cancel the rescheduled show).

In June I went to Amsterdam by train on showday, hotel, and then back next morning by train.

London by train, too - the Eurostar is the best way to get to London for me - but arrived the day before showday and left the morning after the concert.

To Bruxelles we took the car, as it was cheaper and more suitable and me and a friend where going there together, whereas Amsterdam (June 13th) and London it did on my own.

All hotels and even the train to London were booked before the official tour announcement and before I even had tickets. For Amsterdam, Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen I bought Lucky Dips, otherwise I would have been just one show for me.

I would have loved to follow this tour completely, but I wouldn't know how to afford that.

From where do you go to the shows?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 18, 2022 13:24

Papo
It's simply not there. Follow the route to Bielefeld, if you use the motorway/ Autobahn A2 and take the exit to Bielefeld - you won't find a town there because there is none.
May some single houses, maybe the odd barn, but certainly not town or city.
When German people say they are from Bielefeld it's because they don't want to reveal their real hometown.
It's as simple as that, just a joke that has been going on for a few decades now.

You know I will do it. Gonna take a look at this shit. Got a ticket to ride and I don't care. If it is something secret platform as in Kings Cross 9 and three quarters I will find out about it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 18, 2022 13:28

On this tour I only catch two shows but for instance in the summer of 2007 I attended 12 shows and back then I took a flight back the day after all shows except London where I stayed for the last two O2 gigs.

Lotsa Bloody Marys were consumed!smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 18, 2022 13:40

Papo

Tell it Dr. Oetker .... winking smiley

Date: July 18, 2022 14:26

The Joker
Papo

From where do you go to the shows?

I live close to Gelsenkirchen.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: July 18, 2022 17:59

Nikkei

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:37

bertrichards
Nikkei

[en.wikipedia.org]

Thanks so much, bert! Very in-ter-es-ting!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:48

angee
bertrichards
Nikkei

[en.wikipedia.org]

Thanks so much, bert! Very in-ter-es-ting!

Well, I can tell you: It would have been better if Bielefeld had never existed.
If you anybody ever visits Bielefeld, it is hard to remember anything about the town. There is absolutely nothing special, interessting or even characteristic.
There's just the university which is very huge. But there's nearly no connection between the town and the universitiy. It's rather like the university is some kind of UFO that landed somewhere outside town and it's still alien to the people of Bielefeld.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home