Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The best show of the tour so far...
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2022 03:10

exhpart
Hairball
Looking ahead, the final show at Waldbühne has the potential of being the best show due to the unique small venue w/capacity of only 22,000,
but as someone else mentioned it could end up being the equivalent of the anti-climactic lackluster final US show in 2021 at the Hard Rock Live in Florida.
Something tells me though they could be aware of the mixed reviews of that show, and this time they want make sure to go out with a BANG for the grand finale - 5 stars!

I hope you are right and have a great time but calling 22000 capacity "small" or "intimate" is just wrong. 500 to 1000 would qualify

I am not attending this or any of the current shows, and am just speculating. And I never used the word "intimate". It can definitely be considered a "small venue" though w/ capacity of only 22,000 - especially when
compared to the rest of the massive stadiums with the next smallest being 40,000. And then there's the upcoming Hippodrome Longchamp show in Paris w/ a capacity of 100,000 - definitely not small or intimate!!!
The smallest capacity venues I ever saw the Stones at was the Astoria in London w/1600, followed by Stockholm Cirkus w/1800, and then Vredenburg w/ 2,000, and I'd say all were rather intimate.
In contrast, the largest shows I've attended might be both Desert Trips in 2016 w/capacity at apprx.75,000 each wkd. (seemed more) , while my last two shows were at SoFi stadium in L.A. '21 w/capacity at 60,000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

One more edit: Just read an article that the capacity for the 1981 L.A. Coliseum shows I attended was apprx. 90,000 each night!
"They are among the biggest concerts ever for a single artist with the LA Times estimating 90,000 attending each night". - Stones, L.A., 1981
I'm sure there are several other massive stadium shows in various places I've seen throughout the years that are near that capacity, but 90,000 sounds astronomical.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 04:16 by Hairball.

Re: The best show of the tour so far...
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 19, 2022 03:22

jahisnotdead
Well, I can say that Matt Lee's videos of this tour have been just outstanding, truly some of the best fan shot footage I've ever seen for any band. He's really gone above and beyond with both quality, quantity, and upload speed.

Thank you, Matt Lee.

smileys with beer

Thank you jahisnotdead, I am glad to bring joy to those that can't get to all the shows.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home