Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT David Dalton RIP
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 17, 2022 00:12

Writer David Dalton, who put together some of my favorite books on the Rolling Stones has passed.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT David Dalton RIP
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 17, 2022 03:36

I love that book. It was like my primer on the Stones, catching up on their past in 1972. A lot of back story on Brian.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 05:00

Sad news. The first major Stones book I bought was by him in 1981 called The First 20 years. Hard to believe that was almost 40 years ago! A few years later I saw the books on clearance in Coles, a book chain, for only $5 so I bought a few more copies, mainly because there were so many great pictures I cut out a lot of them.

Rest In Peace.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 17, 2022 06:04

DGA35
Sad news. The first major Stones book I bought was by him in 1981 called The First 20 years. Hard to believe that was almost 40 years ago! A few years later I saw the books on clearance in Coles, a book chain, for only $5 so I bought a few more copies, mainly because there were so many great pictures I cut out a lot of them.

Rest In Peace.

ohh sad to hear

i have that one too

it's great

got mine for about $5 and it's starting to fall apart i've got it held together with tape

remember the fake tabloid in it the "midnite rambler" so funny

for those who haven't read it here are some of the headlines on the fake cover of the fake tabloid

"brian jones' sex after death saga ...
australian witch says she has child to prove it!"

"ufo's are landing in my garden says keith richards"

"why ron wood says he's the only straight stone"

"learn about secret society to which bill wyman belongs"

"is charlie watts the reincarnation of ulysses s. grant?"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2022 10:04

ProfessorWolf

for those who haven't read it here are some of the headlines on the fake cover of the fake tabloid

"brian jones' sex after death saga ...
australian witch says she has child to prove it!"

"ufo's are landing in my garden says keith richards"

"why ron wood says he's the only straight stone"

"learn about secret society to which bill wyman belongs"

"is charlie watts the reincarnation of ulysses s. grant?"

Feels like the Mocambo band intro! grinning smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 10:22

Mentioning I cut out a lot of pics from the book, the drawing of Keith holding the coke spoon guitar titled "Keef Riff Hard" was the best. I got a friend of mine to draw me a poster size picture of it back in high school which I have framed.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 17, 2022 10:50

I’m sorry to hear that David Dalton passed away! The Rolling Stones book by David Dalton from 1972 was my first Stones book.

David Dalton sended me a nice postcard back in the day -RIP

Posted by: exil ()
Date: July 17, 2022 11:10

His books and writing were great.WILL treasure what i have.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: July 17, 2022 12:20

An unhauthorized biography was among the first book about the Stones I bought in La Fnac in Paris and remains my favourite.

Great pics from Michael Cooper in it.

It covers their best years until the release of EOMS.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 17, 2022 21:34

GREAT writer and researcher - essential - for people like me that write books about music and music people, we esp, owe him a great deal for lighting the way with great work

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2022 06:29

In Their OWn Words was the first book by the Stones I bought...I think I was 15. Also Their First 20 Years.

RIP.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:29

DGA35

Rest In Peace.

that was my first Stones history lesson book (to be followed by so many more!). It was great to see so many pictures for the first time and learn so much more than i had known up 'til that point. I may have to pull it out and read it again now!

Crazy that they were old to me in '81, and yet they were 20 years younger than i am now! Perspective!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home