Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman "Green River" Albert Lee Peter Frampton
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 15, 2022 23:20

Never saw this rockin live in the studio version from the Rhythm Kings...Bills playing is impeccable of course and as long as at least one one of the ladies is singing along, his vocals not too bad...

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Bill Wyman "Green River" Albert Lee Peter Frampton
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 16, 2022 03:48

Cool. You gotta love that swamp rock sound even if here its slowed down to bar band groove. Check out the late Tony Joe White for some real down home swamp music grooves. He's far more than Polk Salad Annie which was his major hit tune. He also wrote Rainy Night In Georgia which has been covered by many. I have a number of covers of this song in my music mix, which has nothing to really do with this Bill Wyman Green River thread, but here's a cover of Rainy Night from the Rhythm Country and Blues album from some time ago which is a great collection of country and r&b performers playing together.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Bill Wyman "Green River" Albert Lee Peter Frampton
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 17, 2022 04:28

Always wondered what happened to Bill, and singing with the Stones. I'm not pretending he was a great singer, but he sang backup during Stones shows the first couple years. Suddenly it stopped, and he never sang backup again on stage, or in the studio. (Okay, Sympathy, but everybody and their gmother sang.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home