Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Longest Stones shows
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 15, 2022 17:56

This may have been brought up here before, I've no idea. Have the Stones ever played a show that went beyond a couple of hours plus a few minutes or so? If so, what did they play to just jam on out? I ask because of the following link regarding marathon concerts.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Re: Longest Stones shows
Date: July 15, 2022 18:12

Knebworth 1976, at least in terms of number of songs.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:13

The Steel Wheels and Urban Jungle tour shows’ tended to be longer than what they have been in more recent years. The set-lists were longer, of course. Just imagine: 25 songs, sometimes! I recollect a lot of moaning when these - seemingly at the time - abbreviated nineteen-song shows started to become an occurrence during the European leg of the Licks Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 18:16 by Big Al.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:17

the longest show of the last 5 years was Hamburg 9/9/17 (2 hrs 20 min)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:18

I think the longest must be Knebworth and Philadelpia 89 (opening night of the SW tour).

C

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:35

Knebworth and then first shows of 89 and 94 tours (27 songs - Philly 1 in 89 theoretically had 28 songs, however since power failure during Shattered they didn't actually play it in full).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 18:37 by franzk.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 15, 2022 18:40

Hamburg 2017...it was that long because they played every song in slow motion...cool smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:01

LA Friday totals almost 2 hours 40 mins. YCAGWYW clocks in at almost 16 mins, MR is half a minute longer, SFTD well over 10 mins, (obviously) with a fair amount of jamming going on.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:31

Bjorn
Hamburg 2017...it was that long because they played every song in slow motion...cool smiley

Yeah the tempo was…. Slow. But a great show with all rarities. Was a big surprise for me

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:37

How long is Copacabana Beach?
A couple miles long?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 15, 2022 19:48

schillid
How long is Copacabana Beach?
A couple miles long?

We have a winner. End of discussion.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 15, 2022 20:01

Bjorn

they played 22 songs at that show

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 15, 2022 20:11

Knebworth

[iorr.org]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 15, 2022 20:20

slewan
Bjorn

Also true, but still they played everything super slow. Might have added a few more minutes to the already longer setlist.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 15, 2022 20:57

franzk
Knebworth and then first shows of 89 and 94 tours (27 songs - Philly 1 in 89 theoretically had 28 songs, however since power failure during Shattered they didn't actually play it in full).

I think it's Philly 89 opening show. I was there and when we were leaving many of us were shouting 3-hour show!!! The power outage at the end of Shattered lasted about 10 to 15 minutes or maybe longer. I remember I was so scared that the show would be canceled.

Not sure if any recording have the entire delay, probably not, why would any, but if you factor in the delay, which technically is part of the show length, then I think we have a winner, Philly 1989 Opening Night!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 21:06

Mr. Jimi
franzk

I think it's Philly 89 opening show. I was there and when we were leaving many of us were shouting 3-hour show!!! The power outage at the end of Shattered lasted about 10 to 15 minutes or maybe longer. I remember I was so scared that the show would be canceled.

Not sure if any recording have the entire delay, probably not, why would any, but if you factor in the delay, which technically is part of the show length, then I think we have a winner, Philly 1989 Opening Night!

If you count the break there's a clear winner with Charlottesville 2005 with a break that lasted nearly an hour due to a bomb warning and a total showtime of 3 hours!

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 21:07 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 15, 2022 21:08

Mr. Jimi
franzk

If we're counting mid show delays, there was one ABB show in 2005 (forgot which city it was) which was interrupted by a bomb scare. How long the break was?

Date: July 15, 2022 21:29

hockenheim95
Mr. Jimi
franzk

If you count the break there's a clear winner with Charlottesville 2005 with a break that lasted nearly an hour due to a bomb warning and a total showtime of 3 hours!

[iorr.org]

Ahh, that's right, the bomb scare show. Forgot about that one

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 15, 2022 21:30

The Guns N' Roses show featured is not their longest. They played for 3h45min in 2017 La Forum

Also Tokyo Dome 2009 is a match with the 1991 La Forum show 3h40mins

Date: July 15, 2022 21:50

rebelhipi
The Guns N' Roses show featured is not their longest. They played for 3h45min in 2017 La Forum

Also Tokyo Dome 2009 is a match with the 1991 La Forum show 3h40mins

I went to a Pearl Jam show, Halloween Night, Philadelphia Spectrum, 4 hr show, maybe should have been on the list

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2022 01:26

StonedRambler
slewan
Bjorn

Also true, but still they played everything super slow. Might have added a few more minutes to the already longer setlist.

It certainly felt like the longest ever

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home