Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 18, 2022 10:33

keefriffhards
AntoineParis
bengigan
Best show of the tour (I’ve been to all of them)
They were playing as if there was going to be an official release of the show
. For me it was not as good as brussels. Munich stayed my favorite show so far. We were my friends and i very concerned about Ronnie yesterday. He's playing was weak sometimes and he seemed a bit sick. he was looking sad at the begining and had some issues with his fingers. Keith was the musical director yesterday like in a good old days. Jagger performance was not as impressive as Brussels. He saved his voice on satisfaction. Hope everything is gonna be fine in Lyon. 39 degrés at 9 pm, it's gonna be difficult for us and them! This is still the greatest act on earth!!

I got the same impression at Hyde Park 2, he really didn't look well enough to be playing, (he looked a funny colour) , actually he didn't really play much at all that night.

Ronnie being on that form at HP2 (although I wasn’t fully aware of that myself), coupled with Keith being apparently in lesser state of his playing between the two nights at the park, I don’t see why some people here claim HP2 was better than HP1 performance-wise.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2022 10:39

noughties
Is that a children`s choir? They look like teenagers to me.

They were children. There is nothing called a teenager choir. Did you expect them to bring in children under the age of 13? Surely they were not adults.

By the way there was only one boy age 14 or so, all other boys occupied back home in Ukraine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 18, 2022 16:04

RisingStone
keefriffhards
AntoineParis
bengigan
. For me it was not as good as brussels. Munich stayed my favorite show so far. We were my friends and i very concerned about Ronnie yesterday. He's playing was weak sometimes and he seemed a bit sick. he was looking sad at the begining and had some issues with his fingers. Keith was the musical director yesterday like in a good old days. Jagger performance was not as impressive as Brussels. He saved his voice on satisfaction. Hope everything is gonna be fine in Lyon. 39 degrés at 9 pm, it's gonna be difficult for us and them! This is still the greatest act on earth!!

I got the same impression at Hyde Park 2, he really didn't look well enough to be playing, (he looked a funny colour) , actually he didn't really play much at all that night.

Ronnie being on that form at HP2 (although I wasn’t fully aware of that myself), coupled with Keith being apparently in lesser state of his playing between the two nights at the park, I don’t see why some people here claim HP2 was better than HP1 performance-wise.

Similar thing with me, i was only at Hyde Park 2 but judging by youtube clips i'd say Ronnie and possibly Keith was better at HP1 , i came away from HP2 thinking id be surprissed if Ronnie finishes the tour, and each show that i have watched since confirms my thoughts, Ronnies playing is getting weaker and Keith seems to be covering for him as best he can, on songs like Gimme Shelter the whole guitar weaving is just falling to pieces, Ronnie is so desperatly needed on GS, add to that Sasha literally screaming and shouting her solo spot to prove herself leaves me not wanting to hear GS again unless something changes, and to think GS was my favourite Stones live track in rescent years, i just cant listen to the mess Ronnie, Keith and Sasha deliver and if you look closely at Mick he looks tired of singing GS with Sasha, just my opionion, she seems all in his face angry and he's not sure he's enjoying it.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 18, 2022 16:42

Best Live-Version of Happy since 1973.
And Keith was so happy about this Happy.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 18, 2022 16:54

keefriffhards
RisingStone
keefriffhards
AntoineParis
bengigan

Similar thing with me, i was only at Hyde Park 2 but judging by youtube clips i'd say Ronnie and possibly Keith was better at HP1 , i came away from HP2 thinking id be surprissed if Ronnie finishes the tour, and each show that i have watched since confirms my thoughts, Ronnies playing is getting weaker and Keith seems to be covering for him as best he can, on songs like Gimme Shelter the whole guitar weaving is just falling to pieces, Ronnie is so desperatly needed on GS, add to that Sasha literally screaming and shouting her solo spot to prove herself leaves me not wanting to hear GS again unless something changes, and to think GS was my favourite Stones live track in rescent years, i just cant listen to the mess Ronnie, Keith and Sasha deliver and if you look closely at Mick he looks tired of singing GS with Sasha, just my opionion, she seems all in his face angry and he's not sure he's enjoying it.

Totally agree with you . Sashes solo spot on Gimme Sheltef was awful.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 18, 2022 17:03

welshphil
keefriffhards
RisingStone
keefriffhards
AntoineParis
bengigan

Totally agree with you . Sashes solo spot on Gimme Sheltef was awful.
Although I really like Sasha and her voice, I got the feeling that she's trying to push her Gimme Shelter part harder and harder every night and that it's at a point now where it can't get more powerful but only more strained. I still like it and surely don't think it sounds awful but I think it would do her good if she would go one step back again and sing at a lower level.

Pushing harder and harder in your singing / playing as a musician doesn't necessarily let it sound more powerful. In fact Charlie Watts is the greatest example for someone with a lot of drive but without pushing at all.

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: July 18, 2022 17:21

Back from Vienna!
a little bit sad... and let me tell you that I love that band!!!
There was good things SFM, LARS, MR, Ghost...

But i can't help saying to myself: maybe it's time to stop guys!

Charlie we miss you so much! Especially on start me up and JJF!!! Jordan's work isn't ok on those 2...
How strange is a concert without Brown Sugar! I miss that one! And i don't really understand:
Keith can't play sympathy, gimme shelter and satisfaction any more! BS in open G is easier to play for him!
Ronnie's sound is so bad and his playing lacks inspiration...

Thanksfully Mick can still dance sing run play harmonica and guitar play with the audience(great on miss you!)

Hope I won't have the same feeling in Lyon...

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 18, 2022 17:30

keefriffhards
Similar thing with me, i was only at Hyde Park 2 but judging by youtube clips i'd say Ronnie and possibly Keith was better at HP1

Keith was definitely (not “possibly”) better at HP1. That evening I witnessed his best play — the usual flubs that are part of his characteristics aside — I have seen in person in the years 2012-2022. And that is reinforced by many comments posted on the HP1 thread as well as what I heard from the fans I met afterwords.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 18:00 by RisingStone.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:36

MelBelli
Hutchence
Got the nosebleed seats (LD), section C3-B. If anyone has a suggestion how to get upgraded, please feel free to share your thoughts. Thx

I once complained that I have high blood pressure (true) and that the nosebleed seats in combination with my medication was causing me vertigo (not true). It got me to the first level!

That's great. Hide your lies in some kind of truth. winking smiley Whatever gets you closer. Well done.

Date: July 18, 2022 18:39

RisingStone
keefriffhards
Similar thing with me, i was only at Hyde Park 2 but judging by youtube clips i'd say Ronnie and possibly Keith was better at HP1

Keith was definitely (not “possibly”) better at HP1. That evening I witnessed his best play — the usual flubs that are part of his characteristics aside — I have seen in person in the years 2012-2022. And that is reinforced by many comments posted on the HP1 thread as well as what I heard from the fans I met afterwords.

Yeah i gave my best tickets for HP1 to my son and his new wife as a wedding gift, and after watching the live streem and my sons reaction after the show i knew i chose the wrong night winking smiley, Keith was dynamite and i really didn't expect it.

What a shame we rarely get Keith and Ronnie killing it at the same time, its usually a case of covering for each other confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 18:41 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 18, 2022 19:09

caschimann
Best Live-Version of Happy since 1973.
And Keith was so happy about this Happy.

Thanks for pointing that out, just watched Happy, Haha Keith was so up for it he didnt want it to finish, and so cool at the end, he's very at home on that stage this tour.
I just can't believe what Keith is doing right now, he's moving and playing well again on most songs, now i'm just willing Ronnie on to somehow lift his game if he can like last year.

I know people were saying Keith was just old and tired the second half of last years tour but it's obvious now he was drinking or smoking too many joints because look at him go now, what a difference sobriety makes to him.

How funny and crazy to think, but who else in the world can you say at almost 80 he's much better sober this year, like how many chances has keith been given to finally get it right.smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 18, 2022 21:12

sometimes this place can get really naughty

Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:01

Posted by: michaj ()
Date: July 19, 2022 14:44

zgredzik
I will remember this evening for the rest of my life. After Liverpool it was the second gig on the tour. Although I had LD in the nosebleeds, with the help of one of the fans I managed to find my way into Pit A. Thank you Michael! It was so great! And I finally met the legendary bv, I felt like a real VIP smiling smiley I'm now looking forward to Berlin.

Indeed I had the impression that Keith was the director and Ronnie was a bit withdrawn, although I tried hard to cheer him on. A beautiful evening, I'm glad we have The Rolling Stones and this community.

Although there was a fight in Pit A at the start, for probably the first three songs the young lads made life miserable for the older fans. Eventually they were kicked out, but came back in the middle of the concert. This time they were already calm.

It was an honor for me to meet you. Iit was for sure, that the ticket become yours. You where with me to pick them up. So i have to thank you! The incredulous faces of the ticket scalpers around the stadium where the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-19 14:46 by michaj.

Date: July 19, 2022 15:38

michaj
zgredzik
I will remember this evening for the rest of my life. After Liverpool it was the second gig on the tour. Although I had LD in the nosebleeds, with the help of one of the fans I managed to find my way into Pit A. Thank you Michael! It was so great! And I finally met the legendary bv, I felt like a real VIP smiling smiley I'm now looking forward to Berlin.

Indeed I had the impression that Keith was the director and Ronnie was a bit withdrawn, although I tried hard to cheer him on. A beautiful evening, I'm glad we have The Rolling Stones and this community.

Although there was a fight in Pit A at the start, for probably the first three songs the young lads made life miserable for the older fans. Eventually they were kicked out, but came back in the middle of the concert. This time they were already calm.

It was an honor for me to meet you. Iit was for sure, that the ticket become yours. You where with me to pick them up. So i have to thank you! The incredulous faces of the ticket scalpers around the stadium where the best.

seems like a story we need to hear !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 19, 2022 18:35

maumau

But not for long.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 19, 2022 20:48

Bit weird to get off on it

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 19, 2022 20:59

maumau

plz don't mix up naughty and nasty

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: July 20, 2022 09:24

Found a clip from ORF Austrian TV here:

[tvthek.orf.at]

We are even on there - singing Satisfaction (or failing) while my
daughter is highly embarrassed :-)

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: July 20, 2022 14:32

Irix
TV-coverage 14-16 July 2022 by Austrian public broadcaster ORF about the RS Vienna-Show:

16-Jul-2022, 09:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 23:24 - ORF ZIB Nacht - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 22:00 - ORF ZIB 2 - Rolling Stones: Das Phänomen - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 19:30 - ORF ZIB 1 - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 19:00 - ORF Wien heute - Mick Jagger in Wien & Konzert der Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:55 - ORF ZIB Flash - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:08 - ORF Aktuell nach fünf - ORF-Reporter über das Rolling Stones Konzert - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:08 - ORF Aktuell nach fünf - Rolling Stones im Ernst Happel Stadion - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 16:30 - ORF ZIB Flash - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 13:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 09:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones im Wiener Ernst Happel Stadion - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 23:10 - ORF ZIB Nacht - Rolling Stones Konzert in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 19:00 - ORF Wien heute - Vorschau auf das Konzert der Rolling Stones - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 17:30 - ORF Studio 2 - The Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

(available for 7 days in the TVthek)

13-Jul-2022 - ORF Ö3 Pop-Podcast - Interview with Chuck Leavell (in English) - [Radiothek.ORF.at] , [open.Spotify.com] , Podcasts.Apple.com. An interview with Chuck also in [www.Krone.at] and [Kurier.at] .

Is it possible to download@save these videos ? Did it somebody already ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 20, 2022 17:35

rstass

Is it possible to download@save these videos ?

Yes, with [MediathekView.de] plus JDownloader2 (or plus the commandline-tool yt-dlp which also needs the ffmpeg-tool) since the ORF/SRF-Videos are stored as M3U8-Playlists.

Set in MediathekView the filter to ORF and search after Rolling Stones. Then copy the Film-URL (right click, 'In Zwischenablage kopieren') and use JDownloader or yt-dlp with the Film-URL to download the Video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 22:25 by Irix.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: July 30, 2022 21:45

Finally made my album of the Vienna show - hope you enjoy !

[josefmassinger.smugmug.com]

By the way - we got interviewed by ORF2 before the show, but made fools of ourselves trying to do a Satisfaction rendition. My daughter was horribly ashamed ;-)
(See "Das Phänomen" link on ORF2 above)

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: July 30, 2022 22:32

majomuc
Finally made my album of the Vienna show - hope you enjoy !

[josefmassinger.smugmug.com]

By the way - we got interviewed by ORF2 before the show, but made fools of ourselves trying to do a Satisfaction rendition. My daughter was horribly ashamed ;-)
(See "Das Phänomen" link on ORF2 above)

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Date: August 20, 2022 22:40

The Vienna T-Shirt & Poster was inspired by the artworks of Egon Schiele (1890-1918).

There's a documentary about him on French/German [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] - (until 5-Sep-2022).

Date: August 20, 2022 23:23

I'm sure this poster was painted by Ronnie Wood. Based on the paintings by Egon Schiele

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 20, 2022 23:35

welshphil
I'm sure this poster was painted by Ronnie Wood. Based on the paintings by Egon Schiele

I don't think so. Wouldn't it be very unusual for him not to tell everybody about it…?

Date: August 20, 2022 23:42

It's signed Stones 22. If you look at Ronnie's setlsts. The S and T are very similar to Start me Up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 20, 2022 23:58

If it would have been painted by Ronnie they would advertise it as such.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 19:04

Irix
The Vienna T-Shirt & Poster was inspired by the artworks of Egon Schiele (1890-1918).

There's a documentary about him on French/German [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] - (until 5-Sep-2022).

I like his work, actually have a tattoo of one of his pieces.. Was at the show but still haven’t been able to find a copy of the litho for sale (they say sold out on Stones site).. If anyone bought two?

Date: August 21, 2022 20:05

snoopy2

If anyone bought two?

Still available in UK - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home