Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:08

APA/HANS KLAUS TECHT

APA/HANS KLAUS TECHT

APA/HANS KLAUS TECHT

APA/HANS KLAUS TECHT

Re: Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: StonedRambler ()

Nankstone
(OOT was for me the best of all versions in Munich, because there was a extra chorus with crowd after the end of the song)
There always is, isn't it?

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:15

StonedRambler
Nankstone
(OOT was for me the best of all versions in Munich, because there was a extra chorus with crowd after the end of the song)

Yes, I confirm, extra chorus in each performance.

Benjamin.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:15

StonedRambler
Nankstone

Yep, but every city thinks it was special at their gig winking smiley

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:34

LorenzAgain
StonedRambler
Nankstone

You're right - sorry, I'm checked not all citys, but i remember it was no extra chorus in Liverpool and in A'dam it only sings Mick, can't hear the crowd really winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 15:35 by Nankstone.

Date: July 16, 2022 15:46

Nankstone
LorenzAgain
StonedRambler
Nankstone

You're right - sorry, I'm checked not all citys, but i remember it was no extra chorus in Liverpool and in A'dam it only sings Mick, can't hear the crowd really winking smiley
Still Out of Time was quite special in Munich. I remember Mick being genuinely pleased with the crowd reaction. They probably expected that the crowd in Madrid would go along with it well since singing-along is something Spanish crowds do really well but if it hadn't worked that well in Munich I don't know if they would have kept it the whole tour. So in Munich they probably realized "okay this will probably work with EVERY crowd"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 15:46 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:48

What a show. What a tour. What a band.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:58

Nankstone
LorenzAgain
StonedRambler
Nankstone

I didn’t mean to be condescending. I agree the great participated more actively than in Amsterdam, also the Vienna crowd went on singing the Satisfaction riff after it ended and people were genuinely waiting for more. Maybe I’m biased because it’s my hometown but there was genuine good buzz all around.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:01

In my opinion the top 3 so far are
Madrid
Vienna
Hyde Park 1

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:10

TV-coverage 14-16 July 2022 by Austrian public broadcaster ORF about the RS Vienna-Show:

16-Jul-2022, 17:06 - ORF Aktuell nach fünf - [TVthek.ORF.at]

16-Jul-2022, 09:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 23:24 - ORF ZIB Nacht - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 22:00 - ORF ZIB 2 - Rolling Stones: Das Phänomen - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 19:30 - ORF ZIB 1 - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 19:00 - ORF Wien heute - Mick Jagger in Wien & Konzert der Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:55 - ORF ZIB Flash - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:08 - ORF Aktuell nach fünf - ORF-Reporter über das Rolling Stones Konzert - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 17:08 - ORF Aktuell nach fünf - Rolling Stones im Ernst Happel Stadion - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 16:30 - ORF ZIB Flash - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 13:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

15-Jul-2022, 09:00 - ORF ZIB - Rolling Stones im Wiener Ernst Happel Stadion - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 23:10 - ORF ZIB Nacht - Rolling Stones Konzert in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 19:00 - ORF Wien heute - Vorschau auf das Konzert der Rolling Stones - [TVthek.ORF.at]

14-Jul-2022, 17:30 - ORF Studio 2 - The Rolling Stones in Wien - [TVthek.ORF.at]

(available for 7 days in the TVthek)

13-Jul-2022 - ORF Ö3 Pop-Podcast - Interview with Chuck Leavell (in English) - [Radiothek.ORF.at] , [open.Spotify.com] , Podcasts.Apple.com. An interview with Chuck also in [www.Krone.at] and [Kurier.at] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 17:55 by Irix.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:12

rebelhipi
Madrid
Vienna
Hyde Park 1

In my opinion, Brussels was much better than both Hyde Park.

But we are very picky. This SIXTY Tour is unbelievable and we - fans - are so blessed to see them that good at almost 80 years old.

Benjamin.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:43

The 2nd pic on this page shows Micawber, no?

I did love yesterdays show, esp. WH and YCAGWYW.
Gimme Shelter was quite a mess to my ears.

Cheers,
Fillmore

Date: July 16, 2022 16:49

benstones
rebelhipi
Madrid
Vienna
Hyde Park 1

But we are very picky. This SIXTY Tour is unbelievable and we - fans - are so blessed to see them that good at almost 80 years old.
Always keep in mind - that one fan might prefer one show over another has sometimes more to do with their mood on that evening than the actual concert. That's something I learned over the years going to many, many shows. Also Hyde Park and Brussels have both been such good shows that which is "better" might actually only be down to taste.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:52

StonedRambler
gotdablouse
ProfessorWolf
iem of wild horses from soundcheck
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

originally posted here by u2stonesfan

Amazing, hard to believe there would only be an IEM mix of the soundcheck and not of the show ;-) You can hear Mick is clearly saving his voice but Keith comes out loud and clear.
An IEM of Gimme Shelter from Vienna, posted in another thread: [soundcloud.com]

Thanks !

It's not a straight IEM recording though, as in Mick's (or someone else's feed) because all the parts are there and more or less balanced. Anyway it's great to have !

You can also hear Sasha's horribly warbling/yodeling voice very clearly too, even worse than on the AUD recordings. Never heard anyone else sing like that, maybe she just pushes her voice too hard. Chanel was so much "smoother"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:59

StonedRambler
benstones
rebelhipi
Madrid
Vienna
Hyde Park 1

Always keep in mind - that one fan might prefer one show over another has sometimes more to do with their mood on that evening than the actual concert. That's something I learned over the years going to many, many shows. Also Hyde Park and Brussels have both been such good shows that which is "better" might actually only be down to taste.
Exactly this. They havent played a bad show. Its amazing that they are still on top after 60 years. Its a band that havent lost their golden era. Its still happening.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:31

The Austrian daily Der Standard (translated from German, original article includes a bunch of fotos; source: Stones Show Review Vienna:

Rolling Stones in Vienna - Sex, Drugs and Apple Strudel
The British band gave a two-hour concert at Ernst Happel Stadium. A church visit with a short hang-up in the sermon

Mick Jagger is a man of debauchery. Sex, drugs, rock'n'roll - none of which he invented, but few have tasted as much of it as he has. Until today. Stelze, beer, Sachertorte, apple strudel, as he confessed between two songs as a reminder to youth, he shot into his veins the day before the gig as he wandered the ghetto around the Hotel Sacher looking for dope. Street Fighting Man is not a profession, it's a calling.

What would have sent others of his generation into a blood sugar coma, Sir Mick of England shook it off on stage at Ernst Happel Stadium. Just shake his ass until the ladies shrieked and the belt snapped back to the first hole. Soon even the microphone fit into his pants, which he put there whenever he animated the 50,000 pilgrims in the Oval with both hands or gave them his blessing.

It's only logical that this hard part sticking out of his waistband should remind him of something. After all, rock'n'roll is about sex. It's seduction and consummation - and then it's off to the bar for confession at full throttle.

With this, he demonstrated on Friday that the rolling in the band's name does not refer to a rolling walker. Jagger bounced, fidgeted and pranced as if he were at most 77, not 78.

Formed in 1962, The Rolling Stones are a world heritage site. Looking at them is like looking at the Mona Lisa in the Louvre in Paris, or reaching for the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome: a compulsory exercise in the beauty of existence. Whereas the Mona Lisa has looked the same for centuries, the Stones have been exposed to wind, weather and snowstorms. So it's to their credit that they don't spend their money on having the canyons in their faces filled up.

"My Haberer"

Ron Wood and Keith Richards, the other two original "my Haberer," as Jagger called Richards, are, like him, images of a wild life, who at the beginning of the concert still seemed as if they just had to concentrate a lot. But that solved itself.

The first half of 18 songs that evening were a dream. At the latest when they played Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone, it was clear: Those on stage have as much fun as those in the audience. A soulful sighting of Out Of Time followed, which Jagger extended into a victory lap with the audience's help.

Via online voting, the audience had requested Wild Horses from the album Sticky Fingers. That ballad with which keyboardist and producer Jim Dickinson inscribed himself into the Stones' biography and which Jagger hit just right.

Living In A Ghost Town, the baby in the set list, came confidently, at Paint It Black the stadium stood on the chairs - and stayed right there, because Honky Tonk Women followed. Keith Richards played this with the devotion of a half-old Keith Richards on a bride hunt. He had to laugh to himself. That's why you go to the Stones.

Ephemeral monuments

Nobody comes to listen to the new horny Ibiza Autotune remix by DJ Keef on the subject of „Sädisfäkschn“ (Satisfaction). You want to have been there in the flesh when these companions of generations erect their ephemeral monuments. With mangy guitar and a rhythm that comes from the primordial sludge of the blues.

After nine climaxes, Jagger handed over the mic and went on a blood run while Richards sang Slipping Away on resting pulse before picking up the pace with Happy and Ron Wood on pedal steel guitar. Still, that resulted in a hitch that the refreshed Jagger dragged out with the disco etude Miss You. The blues Midnight Rambler also went on for ten minutes - that was perhaps too well intentioned.

Finale Grande

With the Silicon Valley prayer Start Me Up, they tore into the show again, Gimme Shelter and Jumpin' Jack Flash marking the finale, bright joy all around.

For the encore, the frustration tolerance anthem You Can't Always Get What You Want came into play before the evening dutifully ended with Satisfaction. That song that gets a touch more believable with each Stones world tour. (Karl Fluch, 7/16/2022)
Rolling Stones Show review

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:47

Talk about snarky, wow! Somewhat complimentary too, I suppose.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:49

This #minitour ain’t half going down well with those attending
What a band

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:53

matxil
bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones invite Ukrainian choir to perform on stage in Vienna

Maybe I am getting old and sentimental, but this brought tears to my eyes. It's only a small gesture but I love them for it.

A mini-gesture!

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 17:58

Nankstone
LorenzAgain
StonedRambler
Nankstone

There was an extra chorus in Liverpool, like everywhere. Liverpool one of the best crowds so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 17:59 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:15

I have just uploaded some more from Vienna. Enjoy! If you subscribe to my channel you can get notifications when there are new videos. I do have some additional ones in the archives and I will keep posting new ones as quickly as possible after each show. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and gratitude. It makes the videos worth making, the original point was just for my mates that were missing shows.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:18

mattleeuk
I have just uploaded some more from Vienna. Enjoy! If you subscribe to my channel you can get notifications when there are new videos. I do have some additional ones in the archives and I will keep posting new ones as quickly as possible after each show. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and gratitude. It makes the videos worth making, the original point was just for my mates that were missing shows.

Appreciated as always!!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:21

mattleeuk

Great stuff! Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:39

Awesome, Matt! You should make a mini-documentary out of your clips! winking smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:45

MKjan
Hairball
Actions speak louder than words - bravo to the Stones.
Might be the highlight of the entire mini-tour. thumbs up

Only a mini tour to a mini mind.Now look at the Beatles last tour. A micro tour because they were too timid to perform to people, hence a rooftop 5 song set that was stopped by the police because they received 30 complaints of noise. LOL.
s

thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:48

Hairball
The song votes and the winners have become predictable and a bit anticlimactic . Voted for Dead Flowers, but guessed right that Wild Horses would win.
As great a tune as WH is (as were all four choices in the vote), would be nice if all the choices were truly off the wall/surprising - maybe some tunes rarely played, or even never played - even a cover tune.

Almost as predictable as your complaining and whining...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:51

mattleeuk

Thanks. During this tour I have seen quite a few of your videos. Yeah I see your new uploads from Vienna ---->>> [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home