Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2022 08:04

mini mind .... well ya gotta pay that one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 16, 2022 08:44

iem of wild horses from soundcheck
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

originally posted here by u2stonesfan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 08:45 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 16, 2022 09:49

bv
The first version of the editorial updates from the Vienna show published now:

The Rolling Stones
Ernst Happel Stadion
Vienna Austria
Friday July 15, 2022

Beautiful moments captured there.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:20

Keith is looking so happy and healthy this tour.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:30

Best show of the tour (I’ve been to all of them)
They were playing as if there was going to be an official release of the show

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:34

It was a great gesture by The Rolling Stones to invite the Ukrainian choirs to their concert last night. Just like it has been great to see the Ukrania flag colors mixed in with video and some times Mick's cloths, on the tour, since they started the tour in Madrid.

We all love that, and every normal person in the would would hate this war, unless you live in a mafia country, held hostage by political reasons.

What I DO NOT want here, is comments and discussions like "too little too late", and "why don't they do like this other band" and "why don't they say more" and so on.

My statement about the war was made long time ago, and it is easy to see find the "Forum links of interest":

War talks on IORR - posting policy

So let us celebrate the show rather than complaining!

Bjornulf

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:34

rebelhipi
Mat Lee
YCAGWYW
[youtu.be]

Beautiful version. Id say its perfect.

They should sell those Ukraine tongue shirts and give the money for charity.
Id buy one.

Great video Matt! Again.
And what a great great version of „You can‘t always get“
Young lovely voices & impressive graceful Stones

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:40

YCAGWYW in vienna must be on a "Highlights of the Sixty Tour" DVD - as well as "Gimme Shelter" with Chanel Haynes from Milano cool smiley
2 very special Tour highlights !
Which other songs ?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:41

bengigan

Yes. Best of the 4 I saw this tour.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:49

first show of this tour without a 'new' song (= a song that hasn't been performed before on this tour)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:51

slewan
first show of this tour without a 'new' song (= a song that hasn't been performed before on this tour)

When has Like a Rolling Stone been performed?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 16, 2022 10:54

hockenheim95
slewan

When has Like a Rolling Stone been performed?

Hyde Park II

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 16, 2022 11:23

bengigan
. For me it was not as good as brussels. Munich stayed my favorite show so far. We were my friends and i very concerned about Ronnie yesterday. He's playing was weak sometimes and he seemed a bit sick. he was looking sad at the begining and had some issues with his fingers. Keith was the musical director yesterday like in a good old days. Jagger performance was not as impressive as Brussels. He saved his voice on satisfaction. Hope everything is gonna be fine in Lyon. 39 degrés at 9 pm, it's gonna be difficult for us and them! This is still the greatest act on earth!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 17:44 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: July 16, 2022 11:24

What a fantastic show, I was blown away. Eveerything was perfect - from the weather, the crowd and (of course) the band. Keith was especially amazing. Honestly, I can’t see them stopping anytime soon…
Boys, thank you for the wonderful evening!

Date: July 16, 2022 11:49

AntoineParis
Keith was the musical director
Poor Chuck!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 16, 2022 12:12

ProfessorWolf
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

Amazing, hard to believe there would only be an IEM mix of the soundcheck and not of the show ;-) You can hear Mick is clearly saving his voice but Keith comes out loud and clear.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 16, 2022 12:15

gotdablouse
ProfessorWolf
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

Amazing, hard to believe there would only be an IEM mix of the soundcheck and not of the show ;-) You can hear Mick is clearly saving his voice but Keith comes out loud and clear.
Yes, this is the first time since Charlie's death that someone managed to receive the IEM signal. If they managed to get it during the soundcheck they also must have got it during the show!

Date: July 16, 2022 12:20

Somehow Start Me Up is starting to groove really well. A lot more drive than at the beginning of the tour:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 16, 2022 12:23

gotdablouse
ProfessorWolf
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

An IEM of Gimme Shelter from Vienna, posted in another thread: [soundcloud.com]

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2022 12:24

This was the sixth Stones show I saw in Austria since 1990 (my first really big outdoor rock concert back then), and probably the best of the bunch. Sold-out stadium, great crowd, and the band in top form. Nothing but high praise in the Austrian press too. My wife originally didn't want to go, but then changed her mind after seeing Matt Lee's "Out Of Time" video from Munich on YouTube. Wasn't easy to get an extra ticket, but I eventually found one on eBay. She now sure is glad she came along, and still on Cloud 9. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 12:24 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 16, 2022 12:38

Overall very positive review from the biggest (and best & most critical) daily newspaper in Austria:

[www.derstandard.at]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 16, 2022 12:39

bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones invite Ukrainian choir to perform on stage in Vienna

The Rolling Stones have invited a boys and girls choir from Ukraine to perform with them onstage in Vienna as part of their Sixty tour.

The Dzvinochok boys choir and Vognyk girls choir group, alongside their choirmaster Ruben Tolmachov, managed to travel from Kyiv by road to the Ernst Happel Stadium where they will perform in front of an audience of 56,000.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood – joined by Steve Jordan on drums – will perform anthem You Can’t Always Get What You Want with 14 members from the two choirs onstage in Vienna on Friday.

It is the one and only time on the UK and European Sixty tour that a choir will perform with the band.

Choirmaster Mr Tolmachov said: “This is a very special night for the two choirs and a chance of a lifetime not to be missed, I’m so glad we made it here to Vienna a night to remember for all of us.”

As with all the dates on the tour, the Stones are expected to open their set with a video tribute to drummer Charlie Watts.

[www.expressandstar.com]

Maybe I am getting old and sentimental, but this brought tears to my eyes. It's only a small gesture but I love them for it.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:35

bitusa2012
ironbelly
Doxa
dimrstone
bye bye johnny
The Rolling Stones invite Ukrainian choir to perform on stage in Vienna

The Rolling Stones have invited a boys and girls choir from Ukraine to perform with them onstage in Vienna as part of their Sixty tour.

The Dzvinochok boys choir and Vognyk girls choir group, alongside their choirmaster Ruben Tolmachov, managed to travel from Kyiv by road to the Ernst Happel Stadium where they will perform in front of an audience of 56,000.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood – joined by Steve Jordan on drums – will perform anthem You Can’t Always Get What You Want with 14 members from the two choirs onstage in Vienna on Friday.

It is the one and only time on the UK and European Sixty tour that a choir will perform with the band.

Choirmaster Mr Tolmachov said: “This is a very special night for the two choirs and a chance of a lifetime not to be missed, I’m so glad we made it here to Vienna a night to remember for all of us.”

As with all the dates on the tour, the Stones are expected to open their set with a video tribute to drummer Charlie Watts.

[www.expressandstar.com]

This is great!

Indeed! I hope they would release it officially in their YouTube channel or something. I mean, to make it a more public statement (It's YCAGWYW, right?)

- Doxa
Better late than never.
They are at least 5 months late with this statement.
A lot of bands made their statements in the early days of the war. Deep Purple returned their presents to Medvedev in the end of February. Metallica made a statement too. Billy Shears (a.k.a. Paul McCartney) went onstage with Ukrainian flag every show. Pink Floyd issued a new song in march (+ CD and 7'' today with all costs to Ukrainian relief)... There were more artist and media persons who speak loud from the very early days of the war. And the Stones made it only now. As Ukrainian and a huge fan I was a bit disappointed by their position. Well... Better late than never.
Thank you (at last).

Wow.

Every war is crime. Every. In every war civilians are getting killed and suffer very hard.
I work with children and also with some refuges from Ukrainia. In the past I have been working with children from Syria, Iraque etc.
Again: Every war us ciminal. No excuse to anybody throwing bombs on humans.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:41

StonedRambler
gotdablouse
ProfessorWolf
SoundCloud

thanks hoarder!

Yes, this is the first time since Charlie's death that someone managed to receive the IEM signal. If they managed to get it during the soundcheck they also must have got it during the show!
ONE8UNG has an IEM recording of Amsterdam, he uploaded Paint It Black. Really nice to finally get some IEM recordings again!

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:51

It was my another great Rolling Stones night after HP1 and HP2. My lucky dip moved my up to stadium to sector D. There were lots of others dippers. Childrens from Kiev were amazing and I am happy that my band did it. I love GS but yesterdy guitars waving not works well for me. In the next JJ Flash guitars come back in top form. Keith is the man. Do I need mention how fantastic Rambler was?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 16, 2022 14:01

Nankstone
YCAGWYW in vienna must be on a "Highlights of the Sixty Tour" DVD - as well as "Gimme Shelter" with Chanel Haynes from Milano cool smiley
Which other songs ?

I was very happy to hear 'I wanna be your man' at Liverpool.

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: July 16, 2022 14:30

Lady Jayne
Nankstone
Which other songs ?

I was very happy to hear 'I wanna be your man' at Liverpool.

Yes, thats definitivly another tour highlight, also "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" from A'dam (Hyde Park 1 was it a bit rusty for me) & "Sad Sad Sad" from Madrid and "Out Of Time" from Munich was another great tour moment.
(OOT was for me the best of all versions in Munich, because there was a extra chorus with crowd after the end of the song)

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 16, 2022 14:39

Gimme Shelter from Madrid is my favorote version ever.

Thats my highlight from this tour. Along yesterdays ycagwyw

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 14:42

Bitch in Brussels highlight of the tour thus far for me.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 15:07

AntoineParis
bengigan
. For me it was not as good as brussels. Munich stayed my favorite show so far. We were my friends and i very concerned about Ronnie yesterday. He's playing was weak sometimes and he seemed a bit sick. he was looking sad at the begining and had some issues with his fingers. Keith was the musical director yesterday like in a good old days. Jagger performance was not as impressive as Brussels. He saved his voice on satisfaction. Hope everything is gonna be fine in Lyon. 39 degrés at 9 pm, it's gonna be difficulté for us and them! This is still the greatest act on earth

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home